Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 314719 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#294139 Apr 28, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm the big arrogant phony who has no respect for others, yet you still speak for all others on this post. And do so as a fact, well the fact is you're wrong.
I speak for those of us that have spoken up to you MANY MANY times now, and the FACT is I'm NOT wrong - I'm 100% correct.
I'm sure many get sick and tired of your bulldog ways, but it is a public forum. You may bark on.
So much for your good christian ways huh?
I respect other views.
No, you actually do NOT, as you've also been told many times now. You have a tendancy to ignore what you dont want to hear.
I also feel many like you are dead wrong.
Yes, we know how you fell. We also dont care. And yes, I'm speaking for MANY here.
My Jebus, didn't used to mean one thing to me either foo, if you payed attention, but now He is my everything.
Goodie for you. We dont give two shits however.
Different paths may work, if you're climbing a mountain, but there is only one way to Heaven "Christ Jesus "
:)
Complete bullshit, and more evidence of your complete lack of knowledge and respect for other faiths. Hell, even the Pope and the Vatican acknowledges that people of other faiths will be able to go to heaven DESPITE their not giving a shit about your diety.

Location hidden

#294140 Apr 28, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
God would never create a person just to condemn them.
Sin entered the world by one man "adam", and we all have adams blood in our veins.
A way of escape was made by one man "Jesus Christ " the secound adam.
All those who put their faith and trust in Him shall be saved.
God does things decent and in order.
Satan is god of this world.
There are things thay will happen to fullfill prophecy.
God keeps His promises /we don't
God always tells truth /we may lie
God never cheats /we might
God offered a perfect gift, He put in every soul the need for Him.
If we die in our sins and miss Heaven, we do so over His Sons dead body.
Gtown, fk you AND your g-d's sons dead body. NOBODY CARES. Go find a religion forum to post on if you want to proselytize, we dont give a damn about your g-d.
Katie

Tacoma, WA

#294141 Apr 28, 2013
Susanm wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you keep leaving out this part:
CONTRACEPTIVE USE
Fifty-four percent of women who have abortions had used a contraceptive method (usually the condom or the pill) during the month they became pregnant. Among those women, 76% of pill users and 49% of condom users report having used their method inconsistently, while 13% of pill users and 14% of condom users report correct use.[8]
Forty-six percent of women who have abortions had not used a contraceptive method during the month they became pregnant. Of these women, 33% had perceived themselves to be at low risk for pregnancy, 32% had had concerns about contraceptive methods, 26% had had unexpected sex and 1% had been forced to have sex.[8]
Eight percent of women who have abortions have never used a method of birth control; nonuse is greatest among those who are young, poor, black, Hispanic or less educated.[8]
Because that part didn't apply.

Why didn't you answer the question? What's 100-11=?
If you read that of all (100%) the women at risk for unintended pregnancy 11% did not use contraception the month they got pregnant, would't you automatically realize 89% did use contraception the month they got pregnant? And that's exactly what the op said.

But you said it was misleading. And I asked you to specifically explain what you meant. So far, nothing.

Location hidden

#294142 Apr 28, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
I also didn't want my post about me,
That's ALL your posts are about. WE DONT CARE. Grow the hell up and move on already.

Location hidden

#294143 Apr 28, 2013
rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
I said for me to support abortion would be like spitting in Gods face..but could be my sons also I guess.
Rose, nobody's asking you to support abortion. Nobody's asking you to support anything really. What you SHOULD support, if only because its right, is women's right to make THEIR OWN choices.

Someone elses medical decision is not yours to make, y'know?
Katie

Tacoma, WA

#294144 Apr 28, 2013
katie wrote:
<quoted text>
or i guess god's face. why do you believe that?
you are not every woman and do not have the experiences of every woman. why is allowing them the freedom to make their own decisions so wrong, in your opinion?
rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
I said for me to support abortion would be like spitting in Gods face..but could be my sons also I guess. I thank God I was not given the choice to abort or I may not have ever met my son. Had I been tempted as well as the stupid kid I wss..my son would not exist fir me to know..nor his child..it is a very simple thing. I could never condemn a woman who chooses to abort. I understand the desperation. I do hate that society tells her that her child does not matter That he is not even a child. Its the decption of semantics. Abortion ends a human life.
It is a simple set of ideas. They are not ones you agree with. I do.
.The way the law is now I cannot allow or disallow anything. BUT if it ever came to a vote..which it never will..I would not support it..Neither would ROE for that matter.
So I'm left believing you only have concern for human fetal life. Every baby born because it's a human life. It's living the equivalence of a vegetative state as it develops and during development is still potential. There is no guarantee of a healthy, live birth. Be that as it may, you have no concern for these facts because these are broader than your opinion that if left alone, a baby will be born. Your POV is all mixed up, imo. You claim opinion as fact and facts as opinions. It is a common trait among the pl/ac group, though.

You're right. We're definitely not on the same wavelength. I still say good call for you since you recognized it early on :)

Location hidden

#294145 Apr 28, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Now feces -WHAT IF I'M RIGHT?
What part of WE DONT CARE what you think do you not grasp?
Katie

Tacoma, WA

#294146 Apr 28, 2013
rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
It is always a blessing to have a good support system..its when you are alone that it is hardest I am sure..but you can always come here..Some one will answer or argue..for sure..but this thread has been around so long..I was off it for over 2 years and still remember some of the posters.
Most disagree with me..but its like having a family of frenemies..Dont mean to make light of things.
Hope the grief counselling works for you if you try it..You are in my prayers ..and you can talk to Him yourself anytime. Not sure how you believe..but He does hear.
This was nicely said. And I laughed at your "fienemies" line. Seems that way to me, too, at times :)
Chick Brilliance Returns

Brookfield, CT

#294147 Apr 28, 2013
Susanm wrote:
<quoted text>
"Its hard to share here sometimes, because too often an idiot will try to use it as a weapon against you,"
Yea there are several on here, on BOTH sides of the issue that will throw posts like that back into the face of the poster. Sadly some posters on here will go out of their wayto be cruel.
Ya reap what ya sow.
rosesz

Pompano Beach, FL

#294148 Apr 28, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Rose, nobody's asking you to support abortion. Nobody's asking you to support anything really. What you SHOULD support, if only because its right, is women's right to make THEIR OWN choices.
Someone elses medical decision is not yours to make, y'know?
I do agree on that..I know that. I know Roe is law. I know that it is a womans choice. I am glad it was not available for me is my point. Sometimes we can look back and see that a time of total despair..which I hope none of you ever has..can lead to unexpected joy later..
I know its hard for most of you to understand. Lol my own daughter who is very smart asked me if she could see her ultrasound..and I was in my twenties when I had her. I laughed..all we could do then was maybe listen to the heartbeat. Every few years brought more knowledge. At 16 we knew Nothing. At all. It was taboo. I had to move out of my home so my grandma would not find out.it was a different world especially for women. We have so much more now.. abortion should be so rare..

No one kicks pregnant girls out of school. There is open adoption ..birth control ..well I am repeating my othef post. I judt get very frustrated..and I know its not my body but 50 million human lives gone makes me sad for my country and for women..but for them..the lives that will not be lived.

But I think I explained ... well I hoped I had. I would never vote for it if ever given the chance..but we know that wont happen either..So all I have is to speak about what I feel on the subject. On here or to a woman who would ask me. I dont picket or anything like that but I can only hope that if one perso hears what I have to say..they might change their mind even if just a bit. I am not against birth control or anything else that would not make abortion become an issue.for a woman.

Those are the ways that I do not support elective abortion.
rosesz

Pompano Beach, FL

#294149 Apr 28, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
This was nicely said. And I laughed at your "fienemies" line. Seems that way to me, too, at times :)
Lol it was the best word I could think of..but the point was someone is usually here..and sometimes a debate can be a good diversion for sadness or loneliness.

And having someone to say hi to in the middle of the night is a good thing:)...

And I for one talk to God when I feel alone..

Whatever you feel this placd sure can evoke emotions.lol..when my BP gets too high I get off.
rosesz

Pompano Beach, FL

#294150 Apr 28, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
So I'm left believing you only have concern for human fetal life. Every baby born because it's a human life. It's living the equivalence of a vegetative state as it develops and during development is still potential. There is no guarantee of a healthy, live birth. Be that as it may, you have no concern for these facts because these are broader than your opinion that if left alone, a baby will be born. Your POV is all mixed up, imo. You claim opinion as fact and facts as opinions. It is a common trait among the pl/ac group, though.
You're right. We're definitely not on the same wavelength. I still say good call for you since you recognized it early on :)
I would have to be blind to miss out on me being in the minority on here. And not with you on most arguments.

But I am and said I also concerned for the woman. I think a lot are victims too. And a lot realize it maybe right away but also years laterwhen they see their own ultrasound. Or feel their baby move.

I argued on here years ago about there being ultrasounds in the clinics..with the woman having the choice to watch or not..This had been in the ness at the time for some reason. I was shouted down.yet I still think that would bd a service to the woman..and maybe avoid later shock and regret..and if thd woman was undecided and then decided against abortion..So what. It would be a truly jnformed decision which evefyone agrees should be hers.
And yet it was as if I suggested shooting her.

This is what I dont understand protecting the woman from knowledge that may be relevant to her decision.IF SHE CHOOSES TO SEE IT....that is disrespect a lot more than me saying my piece..imho.

Location hidden

#294151 Apr 28, 2013
rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
I do agree on that..I know that. I know Roe is law. I know that it is a womans choice. I am glad it was not available for me is my point. Sometimes we can look back and see that a time of total despair..which I hope none of you ever has..can lead to unexpected joy later..
I know its hard for most of you to understand. Lol my own daughter who is very smart asked me if she could see her ultrasound..and I was in my twenties when I had her. I laughed..all we could do then was maybe listen to the heartbeat. Every few years brought more knowledge. At 16 we knew Nothing. At all. It was taboo. I had to move out of my home so my grandma would not find out.it was a different world especially for women. We have so much more now.. abortion should be so rare..
No one kicks pregnant girls out of school. There is open adoption ..birth control ..well I am repeating my othef post. I judt get very frustrated..and I know its not my body but 50 million human lives gone makes me sad for my country and for women..but for them..the lives that will not be lived.
But I think I explained ... well I hoped I had. I would never vote for it if ever given the chance..but we know that wont happen either..So all I have is to speak about what I feel on the subject. On here or to a woman who would ask me. I dont picket or anything like that but I can only hope that if one perso hears what I have to say..they might change their mind even if just a bit. I am not against birth control or anything else that would not make abortion become an issue.for a woman.
Rose you're a good woman with a good heart. I dont agree with much of what you say here on this topic, but I've learned from you and I always look forward to hearing what you have to say, even when I do get frustrated LOL!

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

#294152 Apr 28, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sorry, I didn't know I was here to turn you on. I also didn't want my post about me, but rather about my God. I must tell about me, before and after.
I to get tired and turned of with seeing so many say I'm pro choice, but not really for abortion.
We don't like abortion, and for any to say we do is a lie, but we have no problem what so ever with the over 3 thousand 5 hundred abortions that take place every day in the usa, becouse they happen one at a time, and the little fellers are normaly small, and that makes us feel better.
When it should make you sick for even be ok with it, and no wonder you don't want some guy on here talking about God, unless it is a deas harmless god, becouse you know if God is real, then your vile self may be in trouble.
Geuss what, He's real.
You're pretty much considered the village idiot in the Topix Community Gtown and have been for quite some time.

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

#294153 Apr 28, 2013
Chick Brilliance Returns wrote:
<quoted text>
Ya reap what ya sow.
So true.
Gtown71

United States

#294154 Apr 28, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>Gtown, fk you AND your g-d's sons dead body. NOBODY CARES. Go find a religion forum to post on if you want to proselytize, we dont give a damn about your g-d.
Yes foo, I'm well aware of what you think about God.
I'm also well aware of what you think about me.
You think becouse I compare you to a growling dog at times that, that makes me a bad christian, yet you turn around and write this about christ???
not to mention what Jesus Himself said to some of the most religious folks in the world was far more, then comparing them to a grawling dog.

What you cannot see, is what I think about you.

I am to go into the world, not high five other christians all day long on some christian forum.

It doesn't get much more "world" thrn this.

Again -please feel free to skip over anything I write.

I could say God loves you and so do I, and what you say about either of us, will not chsnge that.
Gtown71

United States

#294155 Apr 28, 2013
AyakaNeo wrote:
<quoted text>You're pretty much considered the village idiot in the Topix Community Gtown and have been for quite some time.
YES!!!! I consider that a compliment!
rosesz

Pompano Beach, FL

#294157 Apr 28, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Rose you're a good woman with a good heart. I dont agree with much of what you say here on this topic, but I've learned from you and I always look forward to hearing what you have to say, even when I do get frustrated LOL!
YOUR POST MADE ME FEEL A LOT BETTER..
THANKS foo and right back at you.
I only gave up on the forum not because of disagreement..but it got too quarrelsome..on both sides. And for some phyical reasons

And I dont mean ideas quarrelsome either... I mean name calling ..referring explicitly to sexacts on each other..etc it was constant as opposed to that I see here now. Occasionally....

One time I looked in and only 2 people were on just yelling and cussing at each other. Lol. I figured everyone else had given up and left also. I was glad to find some familiar faces ..so to speak.
As for being good..well I try..and I try to be respectful..even when I get frustrated.which is a lot..lol..and answer as best I can . If I get too worked up I get off.
Sucks to get older. Lol.

For the record I think a lot of the people here are ood people once we get past our differences..we are all..mostly saying what we feel is right.

:)

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#294158 Apr 28, 2013
rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Offering a woman an ultrasound which she may refuse if she chooses, is vastly different from making it a condition of her choice to abort. Most, if not all, of the laws in this regard make it illegal for her not to view the ultrasound, and still get an abortion. Many of these have been overturned as Unconstitutional. Many have not, depending on the state.

Obligating women to have an ultrasound before they are allowed to obtain a legal medical procedure, has only one purpose: to guilt her into making the choice to have a baby she doesn't want, and cannot afford, rather than an abortion. The politicians and lawmakers have been pretty clear about this.
And the mandate for ultrasounds has not appreciably reduced the numbers of abortions, in states with the mandate, either. Forcing her to pay for a medically unnecessary procedure, which she does not want, in order to make her feel more guilty about an already traumatic circumstance, is patently ridiculous, and downright cruel.

You mention her regret later on if she does elect to terminate a pregnancy and later, when she's ready to attempt gestation, has an ultrasound...but you don't acknowledge that there are women out there who make the choice to have a baby and regret that bitterly - or worse, turn that regret into resentment, and take it out on the kid. Why is that?

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#294159 Apr 28, 2013
I'm glad you have a good support system. It can be a real help. Not to be indelicate, but have you tried a short course of antidepressants? When my sister got divorced, it was devastating to her, and her doctor put her on a limited course of pharmaceuticals to help her cope. Depression can make it impossible to move forward, no matter how hard you try.
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>I started grief counseling not long after he died, but didn't complete the process with the counselor. Not sure why, but I think it just got too hard to follow her assignments. I wasn't in a very good place at all, but she was very kind and mostly helpful. I'm thinking I might be ready to get back into it this summer.
I am very very lucky to have so many wonderful folks around me that love me - and who loved and adored my son as much as I did. He was pretty special, and he had a large crowd of friends. They've 'adopted' us, and a lot of them call me 'mom' now. The folks who love me are the reason I still get out of bed in the morning. And it is very helpful to talk about him with those who were so much a part of his life.
Again, thank you so much for your care and compassion. It's nice to know there are always good people in the world!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 min VetnorsGate 1,550,193
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 3 hr MustPhart 33,206
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) Jun 13 Patriot 11,181
News Tragedy strikes family members of Leasure (Jul '08) Jun 9 Evidence phart 9
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) May 29 Into The Night 258,476
Penn State University & State College May '17 Truechange 1
I got my loan from stephenloanhelp@hotmail.com (Jun '13) Apr '17 GLOBAL FUNDING SO... 43
More from around the web