Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Comments (Page 13,813)

Showing posts 276,241 - 276,260 of304,892
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2013

Judged:

Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Spiritual matters "speak " to many.
Its not faith in faith.
Its not even a warm fuzzy feeling, which can be a nice bonus, notice most people have some type of spiritual side.
I've met those who said they were closest to god when they were on cocaine or other mind altering drugs -they probably was :)
If you spin around over and over chanting any name -you might get all kinds of spiritual, but it is something the flesh works up -not from God in most cases.
When the flood ended all on board knew God, throughout time many left, which is no shocker.
Oriental people are the most spiritual folks on the planet, and they may have many many gods.
Science is good.
Faith science is not.
I said nothing about a "warm fuzzy feeling". I spoke of beliefs making as much sense to the mind as to the heart.

Your entire post is one big strawman argument.

As for your last sentence, you're right. "Faith science" would be creationism, and ID. Those are not real science.

Yeah, I know, you meant faith IN science. No one has "faith" in science in the way you're implying. As someone else has already pointed out to you, faith has more than one meaning. In science, no one is placing blind faith in things that cannot be proven, as is the case in religious beliefs. It's not the same thing at all, no matter how much you desperately wish to pretend it is.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2013

Judged:

IRYW wrote:
<quoted text>
I know this isn't an evolution forum but when the subject comes up it is a quick way to see who can actually have a scientific, evidence based discussion and who cannot. Rosez is an example of someone who is so fixed in her beliefs that she literally cannot engage in a logical discussion. And that shows in all of her posts.
They listen to religious "sound bites" rather than investigating the matter themselves. Another tell is the inclusion of the Big Bang Theory, which has nothing to do with the theory of Evolution, yet they lump them together.

It's what they do with the Dredd Scott Decision and the 3/5ths Compromise, when trying to pretend that the law said slaves weren't "human" or "persons", in the abortion debate.
rosesz

Pompano Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2013

Judged:

AyakaNeo wrote:
<quoted text>There is always going to be a need for abortions. You can't suppress what's natural. They do provide free services in family planning for patients at/or below poverty level and a sliding fee scale for low income patients it's called Title X. In 2011 Republicans wanted to cut this funding by 300 million. Any clinic that provides family planning services is entitled to receive government funds.
To be clear ..you are not saying abortion is natural but the sex act that makes a woman pregnant?

I am glad thdy provide services..but they have such a large base for doing good. I guess I think they could do more. My post to the other poster were becsuse I do not believe what he said that
Pp would be glad if there were no more abortions.

It is a business. If it was rewuired that they be free..the clinics would stop.. i am not saying this will happen..I am saying a lot of money is made in the ending of human life.

If they stopped tomorrow....or a mandate when out that they would end in 6 months!!!
.Which I know they wont..I think the BC rate would go sky high within a year. IT would have to..

I know you think illegal abortion rate would go sky high ..and I know there eould be a lot of docs who may have to go back to regular practice. I think if abortion was not so readily avsiable Women would use the methods available ti prevent pregnancy..and maybe kids would move away from thinking multiple hookups with no condoms were such a great idea..

AND AGAIN I KNOW THIS WONT HAPPEN..But I think women are smarter than this culture gives them credit for..Given NO choice to abort they would adapt and the rate of unplanned pregnancy would go way down. PP would indeed become a place for giving sex ed and family planning as it started out to be when I was a young woman and admired it so. And yes there msy be some unplanned pregnancys we would cope
Have the babies or sadly give them for adoption as we did before Roe..and before the pill..the IUD the MAP..the shots..and the knoeledge that WE ladies and gifls in the sixties and 50s DidNot have

Obviously this is an opinion based on a fictional situation..but I think women are a lot stronged and more adaptive than we are given credit for..AND one mors thing we did not have in the sixties..were ways to make a man pay child support..i think men might get smarter too if they knew that they could not just tell the girl to get rid of it!!!
Point is we had no tools to help us. We managed. There were not these huge numbers of illegal abortions. The advent of the pill was supposed to be the equalizer..NOT this terminating our offspring ny the thousands.
rosesz

Pompano Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2013

Judged:

Ocean56 wrote:
<quoted text>
PP is ALREADY a force for pregnancy prevention, as I personally discovered many years ago. I went to Planned Parenthood quite often when I was 18+ and had just moved to a big city. I knew that if I chose to have sex at some point, I DIDN'T want to get pregnant, so I needed reliable contraception to PREVENT that unwanted outcome. They charged very LITTLE money for that contraception, and I was very grateful to get it. I would have had to pay MORE anywhere else.
The Planned Parenthood facility I went to was terrific. The medical staff were very knowledgable and helpful, they answered all my questions on preventing unwanted pregnancy and STD's, and finally set me up with the contraception that I felt would work best for me.
Thanks to Planned Parenthood and its wonderful staff, I never got pregnant before the time when I WANTED to become a mother, which wasn't until my 30's. I never got a sexually transmitted disease either. I went OFF birth control when I decided I was ready for the responsibility.
PP certainly prevented all unwanted pregnancies for ME, although I was simply lucky that my form of contraception never failed. Other women haven't been so lucky, because ALL forms of birth control can and DO fail, even with proper and consistent use.
I am glad to hear that Ocean. I think that is why it was started. And Part of my pists was asking..When I first heard of PP..I thought of it as a great thing for women..not as a place where offspring are terminated as it is now....Glad to hear that for you it was as it was started. See my lst post to Neo above this.
I know it wont happen but I think given the right circumstances..women would adapt and not be running in droves to ilkegal abortionists.. i give them much mord credit!!
IRYW

Berwyn, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2013

rosesz wrote:
< My post to the other poster were becsuse I do not believe what he said that
Pp would be glad if there were no more abortions.
You may as well say you believe aardvarks fly out of your butt. What are your REASONS for claiming this?You seem to think that pro-choice people are monsters who like to kill babies and make millions doing it.
PP is non-profit. Where do you think the money goes?
rosesz wrote:
<.
It is a business. If it was rewuired that they be free..the clinics would stop..
Wrong. Someone needs to administer the free distribution and everything associated with it.
rosesz wrote:
<..I am saying a lot of money is made in the ending of human life.
Made by whom? PP is non-profit. And your argument is like saying that oncologists are desperately against a cure for cancer because they make a lot of money treating cancer. Would you say that to an oncologist? Why not?
rosesz wrote:
<..But I think women are smarter than this culture gives them credit for..Given NO choice to abort they would adapt and the rate of unplanned pregnancy would go way down. PP would indeed become a place for giving sex ed and family planning as it started out to be when I was a young woman and admired it so. And yes there msy be some unplanned pregnancys we would cope
Have the babies or sadly give them for adoption as we did before Roe..and before the pill..the IUD the MAP..the shots. The advent of the pill was supposed to be the equalizer..NOT this terminating our offspring ny the thousands.
You live in la-la land.
rosesz

Pompano Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2013

Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok ocean my last post was a funny :) atleast to.me.
Yet I don't think lack of contraceptives are the reason for so many abortions. I do think lack of use is.
What's your thoughts on a woman having 5 or more abortions?
Plus do you know how common it is for women to have two or more abortions?
I know at least two personally. A girl who roomed with me had 5. Her doc kept telling her to get an iud or use the pill. The other is a young lafy I know and love who has had 3. Again gets the pill. Thinks she doesnt need it..etc etc. My heart is so sad for her. And she cant even bear to talk about it..She hurts..

BUT here I know of 2..and I certainly dont get out much or have a circle of young friends...how many more are out tgere..if there was no Choice for ELECTIVE abortion...NOT TALKING ABOUT EMERGENCY PROCEDURES IN WHICH BABY OR MOM ARE IN DANGER..I think women would use BC and men would use condoms much more
rosesz

Pompano Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2013

not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>I have a hard time 'agreeing' that my 23 year old son's death 2 years ago was a 'good' thing, or that he's in a 'better' place than HERE.
With US.
I miss him so much, and don't 'know' that I'll ever see him again - all I know, is that he's not here.
I feel like a withered husk without him.
If I really thought there was a heaven, and that he was in it, I'd have killed myself two years ago to get there. I think about doing that every day - but I don't want my husband or my living son to miss me like they miss their Alex. It would hurt them.
So I stay.
Oh I am so so sorry. And I understand..no one could pissibly understand your pain

I believe there is a heaven..but killing yourself isnt the answer which you know..Do you have a pastor you can talk to.?
My belief in a God who loves us So much that He gave HIS son to die so that WE could have another better place to be..gives me comfort and I wish I had the words that could bring you comfort..
all I can say is ask Him..probably no loud voice will come out of the sky but maybe that stll small voice will speak to your heart. GOD hears the prayers of His children.

May He bless yoh and your family
rosesz

Pompano Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2013

IRYW wrote:
<quoted text>
You just don't get it, do you? You seem to think that the only reason women don't use contraception is because they are whores. One PP clinic offers free BC and you imagine them like Starbucks every few blocks; just waltz in and get your free IUD implanted. Now ask yourself, if Starbucks was the only place to get coffee and you really wanted coffee, but you had to drive 50 miles (and you don't own a car) and even when you get there, people outside the Starbucks shrieking at you that your are going to hell for supporting 'slave labor' on coffee plantations and threatening to post your photo on the web and labeled "Slave killer". And after you get inside the clerk explains that you must get a sonogram of the coffee in your stomach to see what it is doing to you inside, and you have to read pages of information about the horrors of caffeine and the coffee slave trade. You tell me, how much do you want that cup of coffee now?
I have never nor would I ever calk women or think they are what you said ..... i think no one gives them credit enough but you can read my last two posts.
IRYW

Berwyn, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2013

Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
They listen to religious "sound bites" rather than investigating the matter themselves. Another tell is the inclusion of the Big Bang Theory, which has nothing to do with the theory of Evolution, yet they lump them together..
They also like to include abiogenesis; "If you can't show me exactly where and how the first life formed then evolution is a lie". LOL
Bitner wrote:
<
It's what they do with the Dredd Scott Decision and the 3/5ths Compromise, when trying to pretend that the law said slaves weren't "human" or "persons", in the abortion debate.
If they keep it up, SCOTUS may decide Christianus Americanus Whackjobus is not fully homo-sapiens either.
IRYW

Berwyn, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2013

rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
I have never nor would I ever calk women or think they are what you said ..... i think no one gives them credit enough but you can read my last two posts.
Gummacher has some great statistics.

There are about 43 million women at-risk of unintended pregnancy in the USA. If their partners used condoms 100% of the time there would still be 6-1/2 million unintended pregnancies each year. The pill would drop that to about 3-1/2 million and the best IUDs would maybe drop it in the few hundred thousand.(That data is based on the known failure rate of condoms, the pill and IUDs). So even in your fantasy world of women using contraception 100% of the time there would be a demand for lots of abortions. The numbers will remain higher than the ideal because you cannot force women to take drugs or undergo implantation of foreign objects in their bodies. So, there is no known scenario where unintended pregnancies will not occur in significant numbers. Knowing this, how can you pretend that the demand for abortion will disappear if women all used contraception?

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2013

Judged:

IRYW wrote:
<quoted text>
You just don't get it, do you? You seem to think that the only reason women don't use contraception is because they are whores. One PP clinic offers free BC and you imagine them like Starbucks every few blocks; just waltz in and get your free IUD implanted. Now ask yourself, if Starbucks was the only place to get coffee and you really wanted coffee, but you had to drive 50 miles (and you don't own a car) and even when you get there, people outside the Starbucks shrieking at you that your are going to hell for supporting 'slave labor' on coffee plantations and threatening to post your photo on the web and labeled "Slave killer". And after you get inside the clerk explains that you must get a sonogram of the coffee in your stomach to see what it is doing to you inside, and you have to read pages of information about the horrors of caffeine and the coffee slave trade. You tell me, how much do you want that cup of coffee now?
Good point.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2013

Judged:

IRYW wrote:
<quoted text>
Gummacher has some great statistics.
There are about 43 million women at-risk of unintended pregnancy in the USA. If their partners used condoms 100% of the time there would still be 6-1/2 million unintended pregnancies each year. The pill would drop that to about 3-1/2 million and the best IUDs would maybe drop it in the few hundred thousand.(That data is based on the known failure rate of condoms, the pill and IUDs). So even in your fantasy world of women using contraception 100% of the time there would be a demand for lots of abortions. The numbers will remain higher than the ideal because you cannot force women to take drugs or undergo implantation of foreign objects in their bodies. So, there is no known scenario where unintended pregnancies will not occur in significant numbers. Knowing this, how can you pretend that the demand for abortion will disappear if women all used contraception?
Another good point.

And not only that, some of these people go on and on about contraception, yet when you ask them women who use it properly yet still get pregnant, they will not answer whether or not they are fine with THOSE women having an abortion. And if not, then why bring up contraceptives? They ignore the questions, for the most part. In all this time I've maybe seen two anti-choice posters answer them.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2013

<Sigh> "ABOUT women who...."
IRYW

Berwyn, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2013

rosesz wrote:
<.
If they stopped tomorrow....or a mandate when out that they would end in 6 months!!!
..I think the BC rate would go sky high within a year. IT would have to.......... The advent of the pill was supposed to be the equalizer..NOT this terminating our offspring ny the thousands.
According to Gummacher, 89% of women who are at risk of unintended pregnancy currently use contraception. What is 'sky high' to you?
IRYW

Berwyn, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2013

Judged:

Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Another good point.
And not only that, some of these people go on and on about contraception, yet when you ask them women who use it properly yet still get pregnant, they will not answer whether or not they are fine with THOSE women having an abortion. And if not, then why bring up contraceptives? They ignore the questions, for the most part. In all this time I've maybe seen two anti-choice posters answer them.
I think that is my biggest frustration. I'm happy to hear someone else's viewpoint but to refuse to engage in a reasonable give and take is just proselytizing. And it is especially annoying when you refute a claim with data or logic and the denial continues as if nothing was said.
IRYW

Berwyn, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2013

Judged:

Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Good point.
I don't think the Pro-death cult (my term for PL) truly understands how much they are the primary reason that abortions are so common in this country.
Gtown71

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2013

Judged:

rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually in my suggestion..lol I was talking a out the guy with the gun..not topix..you seem to know what God wants of you..so peace..and God bless you
Oh, I get the gun guy now. Lol
Yea I did imply the wiping of the feet with him, as far as me going back by there. Lol
I still pray for him :)
IRYW

Berwyn, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2013

Too much posting recently. Time for another break. Might be back in a few months; don't miss me too much......
rosesz

Pompano Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2013

Judged:

IRYW wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think the Pro-death cult (my term for PL) truly understands how much they are the primary reason that abortions are so common in this country.
Totally disagree for the reasons I already posted. IF there was no abortion on demand.. the rate of unplanned pregnancies would go down..women are just that smart. Society had adpted them and Men to the idea that if it happens get rid of it..their own offspring. It might take a year.but they would adapt. We did before and we would again. And men would have to become more responsible also..its called self preservation. And there are a lot more tools for it which I have stated before..The main one is WE KNOW A LOT MORE THAN WD DID BEFORE.

But elective abortion will not go away. That is not on me...its big business and a political tool.
so we have adapted to that.

As for give and take. I believe I have answered your posts ..you just dont agree with me. I cant help that one..peace
rosesz

Pompano Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2013

Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, I get the gun guy now. Lol
Yea I did imply the wiping of the feet with him, as far as me going back by there. Lol
I still pray for him :)
Good thinking:) and praying.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 276,241 - 276,260 of304,892
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent NCAA Basketball Discussions

Search the NCAA Basketball Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min USAsince1680 1,071,953
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 3 min CunningLinguist 223,105
How to recover lost data from iPhone/iPad/iPod- 12 hr Sophia 7
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 21 hr PEE PEE PETE 26,611
Do you need a loan of any kind?we will be very ... (Aug '13) Jul 7 mutedo 2
Best Logo in the America East Jul 3 Mike Sivo 1
Antwon White - Guilty (Sep '07) Jul 2 the system smh 21
•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••