Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.
Comments
276,241 - 276,260 of 305,467 Comments Last updated 4 hrs ago
rosesz

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#294045 Apr 28, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>I have a hard time 'agreeing' that my 23 year old son's death 2 years ago was a 'good' thing, or that he's in a 'better' place than HERE.
With US.
I miss him so much, and don't 'know' that I'll ever see him again - all I know, is that he's not here.
I feel like a withered husk without him.
If I really thought there was a heaven, and that he was in it, I'd have killed myself two years ago to get there. I think about doing that every day - but I don't want my husband or my living son to miss me like they miss their Alex. It would hurt them.
So I stay.
Oh I am so so sorry. And I understand..no one could pissibly understand your pain

I believe there is a heaven..but killing yourself isnt the answer which you know..Do you have a pastor you can talk to.?
My belief in a God who loves us So much that He gave HIS son to die so that WE could have another better place to be..gives me comfort and I wish I had the words that could bring you comfort..
all I can say is ask Him..probably no loud voice will come out of the sky but maybe that stll small voice will speak to your heart. GOD hears the prayers of His children.

May He bless yoh and your family
rosesz

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#294046 Apr 28, 2013
IRYW wrote:
<quoted text>
You just don't get it, do you? You seem to think that the only reason women don't use contraception is because they are whores. One PP clinic offers free BC and you imagine them like Starbucks every few blocks; just waltz in and get your free IUD implanted. Now ask yourself, if Starbucks was the only place to get coffee and you really wanted coffee, but you had to drive 50 miles (and you don't own a car) and even when you get there, people outside the Starbucks shrieking at you that your are going to hell for supporting 'slave labor' on coffee plantations and threatening to post your photo on the web and labeled "Slave killer". And after you get inside the clerk explains that you must get a sonogram of the coffee in your stomach to see what it is doing to you inside, and you have to read pages of information about the horrors of caffeine and the coffee slave trade. You tell me, how much do you want that cup of coffee now?
I have never nor would I ever calk women or think they are what you said ..... i think no one gives them credit enough but you can read my last two posts.
IRYW

Malvern, PA

#294047 Apr 28, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
They listen to religious "sound bites" rather than investigating the matter themselves. Another tell is the inclusion of the Big Bang Theory, which has nothing to do with the theory of Evolution, yet they lump them together..
They also like to include abiogenesis; "If you can't show me exactly where and how the first life formed then evolution is a lie". LOL
Bitner wrote:
<
It's what they do with the Dredd Scott Decision and the 3/5ths Compromise, when trying to pretend that the law said slaves weren't "human" or "persons", in the abortion debate.
If they keep it up, SCOTUS may decide Christianus Americanus Whackjobus is not fully homo-sapiens either.
IRYW

Malvern, PA

#294049 Apr 28, 2013
rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
I have never nor would I ever calk women or think they are what you said ..... i think no one gives them credit enough but you can read my last two posts.
Gummacher has some great statistics.

There are about 43 million women at-risk of unintended pregnancy in the USA. If their partners used condoms 100% of the time there would still be 6-1/2 million unintended pregnancies each year. The pill would drop that to about 3-1/2 million and the best IUDs would maybe drop it in the few hundred thousand.(That data is based on the known failure rate of condoms, the pill and IUDs). So even in your fantasy world of women using contraception 100% of the time there would be a demand for lots of abortions. The numbers will remain higher than the ideal because you cannot force women to take drugs or undergo implantation of foreign objects in their bodies. So, there is no known scenario where unintended pregnancies will not occur in significant numbers. Knowing this, how can you pretend that the demand for abortion will disappear if women all used contraception?

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#294050 Apr 28, 2013
IRYW wrote:
<quoted text>
You just don't get it, do you? You seem to think that the only reason women don't use contraception is because they are whores. One PP clinic offers free BC and you imagine them like Starbucks every few blocks; just waltz in and get your free IUD implanted. Now ask yourself, if Starbucks was the only place to get coffee and you really wanted coffee, but you had to drive 50 miles (and you don't own a car) and even when you get there, people outside the Starbucks shrieking at you that your are going to hell for supporting 'slave labor' on coffee plantations and threatening to post your photo on the web and labeled "Slave killer". And after you get inside the clerk explains that you must get a sonogram of the coffee in your stomach to see what it is doing to you inside, and you have to read pages of information about the horrors of caffeine and the coffee slave trade. You tell me, how much do you want that cup of coffee now?
Good point.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#294051 Apr 28, 2013
IRYW wrote:
<quoted text>
Gummacher has some great statistics.
There are about 43 million women at-risk of unintended pregnancy in the USA. If their partners used condoms 100% of the time there would still be 6-1/2 million unintended pregnancies each year. The pill would drop that to about 3-1/2 million and the best IUDs would maybe drop it in the few hundred thousand.(That data is based on the known failure rate of condoms, the pill and IUDs). So even in your fantasy world of women using contraception 100% of the time there would be a demand for lots of abortions. The numbers will remain higher than the ideal because you cannot force women to take drugs or undergo implantation of foreign objects in their bodies. So, there is no known scenario where unintended pregnancies will not occur in significant numbers. Knowing this, how can you pretend that the demand for abortion will disappear if women all used contraception?
Another good point.

And not only that, some of these people go on and on about contraception, yet when you ask them women who use it properly yet still get pregnant, they will not answer whether or not they are fine with THOSE women having an abortion. And if not, then why bring up contraceptives? They ignore the questions, for the most part. In all this time I've maybe seen two anti-choice posters answer them.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#294052 Apr 28, 2013
<Sigh> "ABOUT women who...."
IRYW

Malvern, PA

#294053 Apr 28, 2013
rosesz wrote:
<.
If they stopped tomorrow....or a mandate when out that they would end in 6 months!!!
..I think the BC rate would go sky high within a year. IT would have to.......... The advent of the pill was supposed to be the equalizer..NOT this terminating our offspring ny the thousands.
According to Gummacher, 89% of women who are at risk of unintended pregnancy currently use contraception. What is 'sky high' to you?
IRYW

Malvern, PA

#294054 Apr 28, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Another good point.
And not only that, some of these people go on and on about contraception, yet when you ask them women who use it properly yet still get pregnant, they will not answer whether or not they are fine with THOSE women having an abortion. And if not, then why bring up contraceptives? They ignore the questions, for the most part. In all this time I've maybe seen two anti-choice posters answer them.
I think that is my biggest frustration. I'm happy to hear someone else's viewpoint but to refuse to engage in a reasonable give and take is just proselytizing. And it is especially annoying when you refute a claim with data or logic and the denial continues as if nothing was said.
IRYW

Malvern, PA

#294055 Apr 28, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Good point.
I don't think the Pro-death cult (my term for PL) truly understands how much they are the primary reason that abortions are so common in this country.
Gtown71

United States

#294056 Apr 28, 2013
rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually in my suggestion..lol I was talking a out the guy with the gun..not topix..you seem to know what God wants of you..so peace..and God bless you
Oh, I get the gun guy now. Lol
Yea I did imply the wiping of the feet with him, as far as me going back by there. Lol
I still pray for him :)
IRYW

Malvern, PA

#294057 Apr 28, 2013
Too much posting recently. Time for another break. Might be back in a few months; don't miss me too much......
rosesz

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#294058 Apr 28, 2013
IRYW wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think the Pro-death cult (my term for PL) truly understands how much they are the primary reason that abortions are so common in this country.
Totally disagree for the reasons I already posted. IF there was no abortion on demand.. the rate of unplanned pregnancies would go down..women are just that smart. Society had adpted them and Men to the idea that if it happens get rid of it..their own offspring. It might take a year.but they would adapt. We did before and we would again. And men would have to become more responsible also..its called self preservation. And there are a lot more tools for it which I have stated before..The main one is WE KNOW A LOT MORE THAN WD DID BEFORE.

But elective abortion will not go away. That is not on me...its big business and a political tool.
so we have adapted to that.

As for give and take. I believe I have answered your posts ..you just dont agree with me. I cant help that one..peace
rosesz

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#294059 Apr 28, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, I get the gun guy now. Lol
Yea I did imply the wiping of the feet with him, as far as me going back by there. Lol
I still pray for him :)
Good thinking:) and praying.
rosesz

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#294060 Apr 28, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Another good point.
I do know it doesnt work ALL the time..But..it cant be as bad as the number of abortions suggest.

But no in this world. I do not think an abortion is the answer..AND let me reiterate again..I am not talkkng about emergencies when efforts to save mom and baby result in the death of the baby..or about dead bavyd in a uterus being removed..they should and have to be.

There are other options. I wish they were taken I Do Know that abortion is legal.
I posted what I think would happen if they stopped about an hour ago.
feces for jesus

Bellmore, NY

#294061 Apr 28, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you?
You don't like how God saved me -take it up with Him.
You're sooo arogant your name is feces for Jesus, as you know He is nothing???
All I can do is say Father forgive them for they truly know NOT what they do!!!
Here is the song feces for jesus. Check it out; you might like it.

Continue on with your arrogant, empty judgments and unprovable claims.
rosesz

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#294062 Apr 28, 2013
Maybe it is a generational thing as foo suggests...
But in my scenerio I yhink women are a lot smarter and stronged than they have been credited in this society. A lot of it is political.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#294064 Apr 28, 2013
rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
I do know it doesnt work ALL the time..But..it cant be as bad as the number of abortions suggest.
But no in this world. I do not think an abortion is the answer..AND let me reiterate again..I am not talkkng about emergencies when efforts to save mom and baby result in the death of the baby..or about dead bavyd in a uterus being removed..they should and have to be.
There are other options. I wish they were taken I Do Know that abortion is legal.
I posted what I think would happen if they stopped about an hour ago.
I disagree, for two reasons:

One, the failure rate of contraception is still high enough to result in unintended pregnancies, whether or not abortion is legal. As another poster recently pointed out, nearly three and a half million pregnancies a year would still be the unintended result, if ALL sexually active American women used contraception, a hundred percent of the time.

And two, the reason you believe the abortion rate was so low, back in the fifties and sixties, is that the illegality of the procedure kept women QUIET about their abortions. There were just as many going on back then - but the numbers weren't published anywhere, and doctors would have gone to jail in droves if they had been. Not all abortionists were quacks - many many women were able to convince their family physicians to do an abortion for them, especially if they had large families already. They just didn't talk about it afterward.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#294065 Apr 28, 2013
rosesz wrote:
Maybe it is a generational thing as foo suggests...
But in my scenerio I yhink women are a lot smarter and stronged than they have been credited in this society. A lot of it is political.
Women don't get abortions for political reasons. The reason it's still legal, however, even though so many politicians claim to be in favor of criminalizing it again, is intensely political - it garners votes for those who say they want it outlawed, but to actually vote to criminalize it, would lose them votes in even greater numbers. They don't want to lose those cushy jobs, with all those terrific perks, and have to go back to the private sector, until they're darn good and ready to be lobbyists.

And thank-you for the kind words earlier, Rose. I appreciate your thoughtfulness. Yesterday was the two-year anniversary of his passing, and it was very difficult, but I'm feeling a bit better today.
Thanks again.

;)

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#294066 Apr 28, 2013
The Prince wrote:
To the other real Christians, what have you learned on this thread.
Seriously Tommy, WTF would YOU know about what a "real christian" is? Seriously, if you think YOU exemplify "real christians", then that's a real serious indication of how far your version of "faith" has sunk.
Does human life begin at conception?
Depends on what version of faith the person is you're talking to. As a Jew, no it does not. Scientifically, human life begins BEFORE conception. Its a stupid question when asked by someone like you who will ONLY accpet your religious version of faith's answer as the "right" one.

When asking from a religous POV, there IS no "right answer" outside of the faith being asked.
Do you support the slaughter of millions of unborn children in abortionariums?
A) there's no such thing as "abortionariums". STupid shit made up word.

B) children are not slaughtered ANYWHERE in the US.
Can someone be for the choice of abortion but against the abortion?
Yes.

I've deleted your bullshit regarding sexuality since it only spotlights your ignorance and isn't worthy of time or bandwidth.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 3 hr religionislies 226,397
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 hr Yeah 1,100,625
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 7 hr Bruin Nation 27,092
I got my loan from stephenloanhelp@hotmail.com (May '13) Aug 26 RICK SERVICE 29
offer Aug 23 Peter 1
Addition of Emmitt Holt is "Big" for Indiana Aug 23 Mike Williams 1
Ex-Hoosier Zeller embraces NBA learning Aug 23 Mike Williams 1
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

NCAA Basketball People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••