Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 311342 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

rosesz

Pompano Beach, FL

#294058 Apr 28, 2013
IRYW wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think the Pro-death cult (my term for PL) truly understands how much they are the primary reason that abortions are so common in this country.
Totally disagree for the reasons I already posted. IF there was no abortion on demand.. the rate of unplanned pregnancies would go down..women are just that smart. Society had adpted them and Men to the idea that if it happens get rid of it..their own offspring. It might take a year.but they would adapt. We did before and we would again. And men would have to become more responsible also..its called self preservation. And there are a lot more tools for it which I have stated before..The main one is WE KNOW A LOT MORE THAN WD DID BEFORE.

But elective abortion will not go away. That is not on me...its big business and a political tool.
so we have adapted to that.

As for give and take. I believe I have answered your posts ..you just dont agree with me. I cant help that one..peace
rosesz

Pompano Beach, FL

#294059 Apr 28, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, I get the gun guy now. Lol
Yea I did imply the wiping of the feet with him, as far as me going back by there. Lol
I still pray for him :)
Good thinking:) and praying.
rosesz

Pompano Beach, FL

#294060 Apr 28, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Another good point.
And not only that, some of these people go on and on about contraception, yet when you ask them women who use it properly yet still get pregnant, they will not answer whether or not they are fine with THOSE women having an abortion. And if not, then why bring up contraceptives? They ignore the questions, for the most part. In all this time I've maybe seen two anti-choice posters answer them.
I do know it doesnt work ALL the time..But..it cant be as bad as the number of abortions suggest.

But no in this world. I do not think an abortion is the answer..AND let me reiterate again..I am not talkkng about emergencies when efforts to save mom and baby result in the death of the baby..or about dead bavyd in a uterus being removed..they should and have to be.

There are other options. I wish they were taken I Do Know that abortion is legal.
I posted what I think would happen if they stopped about an hour ago.
feces for jesus

Bellmore, NY

#294061 Apr 28, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you?
You don't like how God saved me -take it up with Him.
You're sooo arogant your name is feces for Jesus, as you know He is nothing???
All I can do is say Father forgive them for they truly know NOT what they do!!!
Here is the song feces for jesus. Check it out; you might like it.



Continue on with your arrogant, empty judgments and unprovable claims.
rosesz

Pompano Beach, FL

#294062 Apr 28, 2013
Maybe it is a generational thing as foo suggests...
But in my scenerio I yhink women are a lot smarter and stronged than they have been credited in this society. A lot of it is political.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#294064 Apr 28, 2013
rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
I do know it doesnt work ALL the time..But..it cant be as bad as the number of abortions suggest.
But no in this world. I do not think an abortion is the answer..AND let me reiterate again..I am not talkkng about emergencies when efforts to save mom and baby result in the death of the baby..or about dead bavyd in a uterus being removed..they should and have to be.
There are other options. I wish they were taken I Do Know that abortion is legal.
I posted what I think would happen if they stopped about an hour ago.
I disagree, for two reasons:

One, the failure rate of contraception is still high enough to result in unintended pregnancies, whether or not abortion is legal. As another poster recently pointed out, nearly three and a half million pregnancies a year would still be the unintended result, if ALL sexually active American women used contraception, a hundred percent of the time.

And two, the reason you believe the abortion rate was so low, back in the fifties and sixties, is that the illegality of the procedure kept women QUIET about their abortions. There were just as many going on back then - but the numbers weren't published anywhere, and doctors would have gone to jail in droves if they had been. Not all abortionists were quacks - many many women were able to convince their family physicians to do an abortion for them, especially if they had large families already. They just didn't talk about it afterward.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#294065 Apr 28, 2013
rosesz wrote:
Maybe it is a generational thing as foo suggests...
But in my scenerio I yhink women are a lot smarter and stronged than they have been credited in this society. A lot of it is political.
Women don't get abortions for political reasons. The reason it's still legal, however, even though so many politicians claim to be in favor of criminalizing it again, is intensely political - it garners votes for those who say they want it outlawed, but to actually vote to criminalize it, would lose them votes in even greater numbers. They don't want to lose those cushy jobs, with all those terrific perks, and have to go back to the private sector, until they're darn good and ready to be lobbyists.

And thank-you for the kind words earlier, Rose. I appreciate your thoughtfulness. Yesterday was the two-year anniversary of his passing, and it was very difficult, but I'm feeling a bit better today.
Thanks again.

;)

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#294066 Apr 28, 2013
The Prince wrote:
To the other real Christians, what have you learned on this thread.
Seriously Tommy, WTF would YOU know about what a "real christian" is? Seriously, if you think YOU exemplify "real christians", then that's a real serious indication of how far your version of "faith" has sunk.
Does human life begin at conception?
Depends on what version of faith the person is you're talking to. As a Jew, no it does not. Scientifically, human life begins BEFORE conception. Its a stupid question when asked by someone like you who will ONLY accpet your religious version of faith's answer as the "right" one.

When asking from a religous POV, there IS no "right answer" outside of the faith being asked.
Do you support the slaughter of millions of unborn children in abortionariums?
A) there's no such thing as "abortionariums". STupid shit made up word.

B) children are not slaughtered ANYWHERE in the US.
Can someone be for the choice of abortion but against the abortion?
Yes.

I've deleted your bullshit regarding sexuality since it only spotlights your ignorance and isn't worthy of time or bandwidth.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#294067 Apr 28, 2013
The Prince wrote:
To aceept abortion is to support it!
Oh bullshit Tomtom. Nobody cares WHAT you "accept" OR support. If you're not having one, its simply none of your damn business.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#294068 Apr 28, 2013
rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Totally disagree for the reasons I already posted. IF there was no abortion on demand.. the rate of unplanned pregnancies would go down..women are just that smart. Society had adpted them and Men to the idea that if it happens get rid of it..their own offspring. It might take a year.but they would adapt. We did before and we would again. And men would have to become more responsible also..its called self preservation. And there are a lot more tools for it which I have stated before..The main one is WE KNOW A LOT MORE THAN WD DID BEFORE.
But elective abortion will not go away. That is not on me...its big business and a political tool.
so we have adapted to that.
As for give and take. I believe I have answered your posts ..you just dont agree with me. I cant help that one..peace
You're speculating without basis. In fact, the situations in developed countries where abortion is absolutely illegal prove you wrong. They have just as many abortions in those countries as we do, they're just illegal and not as safe. And in those countries with fewer laws than ours, there tend to be fewer abortions as well.

Did you know that in Canada, which has no restrictions on abortion, only slightly over 64,000 were performed during the latest recorded year? In fact, since 1969, there have been less than 4 million abortions performed in the entire country.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#294069 Apr 28, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Who would you suggest I seek, since I already know it all?:)
If the word Hell bothers you, then how about "they were cast into outer darkness, where there is wailing and nashing of teeth?" Is that better?
What is sooo bad about a guy telling others how his life waw changed by God?
How he cheated on hiw wife, lied, took advantage of others and was selfish, self centered, sob, yet now he loves his wife, and gives himself up for her. No.longer lies, cheats, or have evil thoughts toward others?
Quick to say I'm sorry "which I will say to you now " if I've offended you by being a jerk, or thinking higher of myself then I should.:)
Before God -I would never say that in a million years!!
I wouldn't care if I knew I was in the wrong -i would've blamed something or someone else.
What I've told you is true. I am only 1 of many many many people, who have had a life changing experience with God.
Please ask yourself why???
Why do you want nothing to do with God?
why do you feel you know soooo much about this man God /man Jesus, and Hate Him soooo much, that you drag His name through the mud with your post name alone?
Go to corinth ms topix, if you doubt my story. I've been posting it there for several years. Look up Gtown71 -for many post have been started on me alone.
I'm telling you this, at the risk of you or others comming there to bash me, and you and master blaster or doubting thomas would love eavh other, but I care not what happens to me, if it will help you come to know God.
I don't know it all, but one thing I do know, and that is God wants you to know that you know that you know, that YOU ARE SAVED "BORN AGAIN, HEAVEN BOUND" SAVED :)
You dont know shit Gtown. You're a sanctimonious blowhard who ignores everything you dont like to hear.

Here's the FACTS - you dont know SHIT about where you stand with your g-d. You BELIEVE, but you have not one iota of proof. That's why they call it FAITH. ANd that's okay for you, but dont expect others to buy into your bullshit, PARTICULARLY when your jesus means less than nothing to them.

Your continual harassing and phony preaching here is a joke, nothing more, nothing less - and serves NO purpose but to turn people AWAY from you and your message.

Those are FACTS.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#294070 Apr 28, 2013
rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
I do know it doesnt work ALL the time..But..it cant be as bad as the number of abortions suggest.
But no in this world. I do not think an abortion is the answer..AND let me reiterate again..I am not talkkng about emergencies when efforts to save mom and baby result in the death of the baby..or about dead bavyd in a uterus being removed..they should and have to be.
There are other options. I wish they were taken I Do Know that abortion is legal.
I posted what I think would happen if they stopped about an hour ago.
And I explained in my prior post why you are wrong.

Still, why bring up the fact that women are not using contraceptives properly, if you're not agreeing that those who do and get pregnant anyway should be allowed to have an abortion?

“GO BLACKHAWKS!!”

Since: Dec 07

Home of Lord Stanley!

#294072 Apr 28, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>I have a hard time 'agreeing' that my 23 year old son's death 2 years ago was a 'good' thing, or that he's in a 'better' place than HERE.
With US.
I miss him so much, and don't 'know' that I'll ever see him again - all I know, is that he's not here.
I feel like a withered husk without him.
If I really thought there was a heaven, and that he was in it, I'd have killed myself two years ago to get there. I think about doing that every day - but I don't want my husband or my living son to miss me like they miss their Alex. It would hurt them.
So I stay.
As a mother, my heart aches for you on your loss. I cannot begin to imagine your pain. Many hugs to you.
rosesz

Pompano Beach, FL

#294074 Apr 28, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>I disagree, for two reasons:
One, the failure rate of contraception is still high enough to result in unintended pregnancies, whether or not abortion is legal. As another poster recently pointed out, nearly three and a half million pregnancies a year would still be the unintended result, if ALL sexually active American women used contraception, a hundred percent of the time.
And two, the reason you believe the abortion rate was so low, back in the fifties and sixties, is that the illegality of the procedure kept women QUIET about their abortions. There were just as many going on back then - but the numbers weren't published anywhere, and doctors would have gone to jail in droves if they had been. Not all abortionists were quacks - many many women were able to convince their family physicians to do an abortion for them, especially if they had large families already. They just didn't talk about it afterward.
There were other reasons also. I know for a fact that there was srx without marriage for sure.
I wss stupid enough to think my bf would marry me..so I know it happened. But I know I was not alone in not even thinking of asking for something I had never heard of..I know this is a hard thing for women to understand. MOST OF US KNEW NOTHING.There was no BC.no IUD. NO KNOWLEDGEabout our bodies. When I went on the pill newly come into use I had no idea how it worked..never heard of ovulation or why a woman could get pregnant after an encounter
most of mg generation thought..however foolishly..that sex and love were related. There was no hookup mentality and I almost got kiicked out of school becausd they suspected. It was a different world. And I do not believe there were that many women caught..if we were we git married or sadly we gave our babies into better circumstances..THANK GOD. Though at the time it was horrible..I am so glad it was so.Six years later when I had my planned pregnancy and felt her move..It would have been the worst feeling knowing I had killed her brother..AND I know taht is me..but I cannot be the only one.
IFI had had that choice and taken it..I would not by Gods grace have found my son and. He would not have been alive to allow me into his life..to go to his wedding and to hold my granddaughter.
So yes my feelings on this are colored for sure.

Most of us unwed mothers of the past managed to make the choices to take care of our young somehow at great expense to us..BUT we had no options in prevention if we were foolish..we had no court system or paternity tests to hold the men responsible snd we had no knowledge or empowerment..
Playa..I firmly believe that if Roe was gone the women of today woud be just as strong and would be backed up by the things I truly think empower women..I also believe that a lot of women are victims in this abortion society..and that they suffer too.

Will Roe ever go away ..I doubt it..but I wish it was so. I believe women are doing away with their offspring..children or fetuses if you prefer..but they are ours..we are responsible for their lives once we conceive them..and we have been sold a bill of goods over the past decades THAT THEY MATTER LESS. Than we do.

so while I do feel the babies are creations from God
.formed in the womb..I ALSO have personal reasons for my beliefs..while fully knowing they probably will not be realized in my lifetime
rosesz

Pompano Beach, FL

#294075 Apr 28, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>Women don't get abortions for political reasons. The reason it's still legal, however, even though so many politicians claim to be in favor of criminalizing it again, is intensely political - it garners votes for those who say they want it outlawed, but to actually vote to criminalize it, would lose them votes in even greater numbers. They don't want to lose those cushy jobs, with all those terrific perks, and have to go back to the private sector, until they're darn good and ready to be lobbyists.
And thank-you for the kind words earlier, Rose. I appreciate your thoughtfulness. Yesterday was the two-year anniversary of his passing, and it was very difficult, but I'm feeling a bit better today.
Thanks again.
;)
YOU are in my prayers. And I know thinking about an afterlife much as I believe in obe would be very little consolation...if it was me in your shoes..Truly I do.i just wish peace for you hun..and I do believe that all peace comes from God.
and I am glad today is better

And I am not keen on any of the pols..Either side .There have been a few exceptions in my long years but not many..
rosesz

Pompano Beach, FL

#294076 Apr 28, 2013
Demonstrate ignoramce wrote:
<quoted text>Your child was precious and worthy but others aren't be wise their mom might not want them? What a hypocrite you are to advocate killing.
Low

Since: Feb 07

Location hidden

#294077 Apr 28, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>I have a hard time 'agreeing' that my 23 year old son's death 2 years ago was a 'good' thing, or that he's in a 'better' place than HERE.
With US.
I miss him so much, and don't 'know' that I'll ever see him again - all I know, is that he's not here.
I feel like a withered husk without him.
If I really thought there was a heaven, and that he was in it, I'd have killed myself two years ago to get there. I think about doing that every day - but I don't want my husband or my living son to miss me like they miss their Alex. It would hurt them.
So I stay.
I'm sorry for the pain that you have been going through. I hope that one day you will be able to ind peace.
The Prince

Allentown, PA

#294078 Apr 28, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>I have a hard time 'agreeing' that my 23 year old son's death 2 years ago was a 'good' thing, or that he's in a 'better' place than HERE.
With US.
I miss him so much, and don't 'know' that I'll ever see him again - all I know, is that he's not here.
I feel like a withered husk without him.
If I really thought there was a heaven, and that he was in it, I'd have killed myself two years ago to get there. I think about doing that every day - but I don't want my husband or my living son to miss me like they miss their Alex. It would hurt them.
So I stay.
I am sorry for your loss and will pray for your son and your family.

Since: Feb 07

Location hidden

#294079 Apr 28, 2013
IRYW wrote:
<quoted text>
According to Gummacher, 89% of women who are at risk of unintended pregnancy currently use contraception. What is 'sky high' to you?
Your number is a bit misleading:

CONTRACEPTIVE USE

• Fifty-four percent of women who have abortions had used a contraceptive method (usually the condom or the pill) during the month they became pregnant. Among those women, 76% of pill users and 49% of condom users report having used their method inconsistently, while 13% of pill users and 14% of condom users report correct use.[8]

• Forty-six percent of women who have abortions had not used a contraceptive method during the month they became pregnant. Of these women, 33% had perceived themselves to be at low risk for pregnancy, 32% had had concerns about contraceptive methods, 26% had had unexpected sex and 1% had been forced to have sex.[8]

• Eight percent of women who have abortions have never used a method of birth control; nonuse is greatest among those who are young, poor, black, Hispanic or less educated.[8]

• About half of unintended pregnancies occur among the 11% of women who are at risk for unintended pregnancy but are not using contraceptives. Most of these women have practiced contraception in the past.[9,10]

http://www.guttmacher.org/pubs/fb_induced_abo...
Katie

Auburn, WA

#294080 Apr 28, 2013
rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
To be clear ..you are not saying abortion is natural but the sex act that makes a woman pregnant?
I am glad thdy provide services..but they have such a large base for doing good. I guess I think they could do more. My post to the other poster were becsuse I do not believe what he said that
Pp would be glad if there were no more abortions.
It is a business. If it was rewuired that they be free..the clinics would stop.. i am not saying this will happen..I am saying a lot of money is made in the ending of human life.
If they stopped tomorrow....or a mandate when out that they would end in 6 months!!!
.Which I know they wont..I think the BC rate would go sky high within a year. IT would have to..
I know you think illegal abortion rate would go sky high ..and I know there eould be a lot of docs who may have to go back to regular practice. I think if abortion was not so readily avsiable Women would use the methods available ti prevent pregnancy..and maybe kids would move away from thinking multiple hookups with no condoms were such a great idea..
AND AGAIN I KNOW THIS WONT HAPPEN..But I think women are smarter than this culture gives them credit for..Given NO choice to abort they would adapt and the rate of unplanned pregnancy would go way down. PP would indeed become a place for giving sex ed and family planning as it started out to be when I was a young woman and admired it so. And yes there msy be some unplanned pregnancys we would cope
Have the babies or sadly give them for adoption as we did before Roe..and before the pill..the IUD the MAP..the shots..and the knoeledge that WE ladies and gifls in the sixties and 50s DidNot have
Obviously this is an opinion based on a fictional situation..but I think women are a lot stronged and more adaptive than we are given credit for..AND one mors thing we did not have in the sixties..were ways to make a man pay child support..i think men might get smarter too if they knew that they could not just tell the girl to get rid of it!!!
Point is we had no tools to help us. We managed. There were not these huge numbers of illegal abortions. The advent of the pill was supposed to be the equalizer..NOT this terminating our offspring ny the thousands.
"Given NO choice to abort they would adapt and the rate of unplanned pregnancy would go way down."

Yet we can see in real time that the South American countries who've recently criminalized abortions have seen the abortion rates go up as well as deaths of women needing abortion for harmful pregnancies.

We can also see in real time those European countries where abortion is not restricted at all, but the abortion rate is far below that of the United States.

This is reality. This is what's going on right now in the world.

YOU are wanting the USA to be like the Catholic countries where abortion is illegal. Where women die.

I want the USA to respect women by letting them make their own decisions. Combining inexpensive birth control and comprehensive sex education will bring down the numbers of annual abortions. Not restricting them into unsafe clinics like Gosnell ran.

It's as if the PL/AC group in its entirety *wants* clinics like Gosnell. So they can be like Ink and Sue. Who feel no qualms blaming the women themselves for going in there.

It's disgustingly disrespectful of all American women.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min President Trump 1,395,609
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 2 hr Into The Night 9,870
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 20 hr Barbi A 201,865
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) Mon Trojan 32,289
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) Mon ChristineM 255,511
News What they're saying about Bulls draft pick Bobb... (Jun '15) Jun 20 Tretre 6
I got my loan from [email protected] (Jun '13) Jun 6 James Harry 41
More from around the web