Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday 305,850
Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision. Full Story

Since: Jun 08

Atrisco Village

#293964 Apr 27, 2013
As I was saying wrote:
<quoted text>
Rose, abortion has not divided this country. There are only a few who think it should be stopped. The vast majority of people do NOT want legal abortion stopped. MOST people realize that women have ALWAYS had abortions. They also know they WILL always have abortions. You then have the option of safe abortions in clean clinics where no women die OR unskilled butchers that prey on desperate women where women die.
Which do YOU choose??
At least half of my friends and associates are anti-choice, personally. We all respect each other's opinions. There is no disconnect or divide.
IRYW

Malvern, PA

#293965 Apr 27, 2013
rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
But no one could hsve forseen 50 mklliln especially when the pill came along..I gbought PP wss foing thd world a service by promoting birth control..
But sadly I do not anymore. IMHO..once something becones a big business..thers is no incentive for them to cut down on its revenue.. I suggested that they use some of their government money to supply their abortion clients with birth control ..shots .or pilks for a year say and classes too.
If one abortion is hard on the body..two would be worse etc..these would be the type of things aimed at the very women who need them..
There are so many ways to cut down the NEED for so many abortions..but it is not something the pols are interested in as far as I can see.
By the way if you want to know how lunatic your argument is that PP would rather perform abortions than provide contraception, you would have to make the same arguments that:

Dentists are opposed to flossing and tooth brushing since they make so much more money from dental surgery.
Cardiologists are opposed to exercise and low-fat diets because they make so much more money from heart surgery.
Brain surgeons are opposed to bike helmets, ski helmets, etc. because they make so much more money from brain surgery.
rosesz

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#293966 Apr 27, 2013
IRYW wrote:
<quoted text>
Can you try to form a coherent argument for once? You seem to think that the reason women are getting pregnant is wanton rampant hooking-up and no interest in contraception. You seem to be unable to grasp that there are areas in this country, as well as in the rest of the developed world, where religious puritanical beliefs about sex are almost non-existent. In those areas, contraceptive use is very high and unwanted pregnancies are very rare. Look in the mirror. People like you, the churches you support, and the politicians you elect are the primary reason so many young girls get pregnant. You thwart sex-education at every opportunity. You oppose free, readily available contraception for teens or low-income women. You deny science, which encourages your children to think whatever they believe is as valid as anything else. You do everything you can to make visiting a PP clinic as inconvenient as possible and then shriek that women aren't using enough contraception.
Planned Parenthood would prefer to see literally no abortions take place; they would much rather see 100% use of contraception. Women would much rather not get pregnant in the first place than have an abortion. They would like easy access to inexpensive, long-term methods such as IUDs.
But your head is so far up you know where that you cannot see that your efforts are in direct opposition to what you claim you want. Not only are you the worst enemy to young women at risk, you are your own worst enemy. American taliban.
I have not once said I am not for birth control and sex ed so please dont put that on me..

As for PP. You honestly expect me to believe they would like to be out of the abortion BUSINESS...They have access to a lot of women ..They make money. Get contributions and gov funds...They should be doing alk the things you suggest .. I say this with respect for youf beliefs..
TO BELIEVE they want to see there be NO NEED FOR ANOTHER ABORTION is most illogical
Katie

Seattle, WA

#293967 Apr 27, 2013
is post #293946 hidden?
IRYW

Malvern, PA

#293968 Apr 27, 2013
rosesz wrote:
<..God told the Chosen people for his message and it included sacrificing to pay for sins..Jesus was the only possible perfect sacrifice.the only way to cleanse us from our sins
The only way? So your god is not omnipotent. He was powerless to stop sin and the only thing available to him was killing his own kid?
rosesz wrote:
<...this is why He cried out Father why have you forsaken me..For THe first time since eternity He was separated from the Father..
So your god killed his son, which was also killing himself, which wasn't actually killing because he is still alive? The mind boggles.
rosesz wrote:
<...And I realize a lot of you do not believe..but many of his followers died for professing this truth..why??? Unless it wss the truth.
So by that logic, Allah is the true god because why would so many followers of Allah die for him unless it was the truth.

“GO BLACKHAWKS!!”

Since: Dec 07

Home of Lord Stanley!

#293969 Apr 27, 2013
rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
But no one could hsve forseen 50 mklliln especially when the pill came along..I gbought PP wss foing thd world a service by promoting birth control..
The number is high however, you do have to keep in mind that the yearly rate of live birth is way higher than the yearly rate of abortion. That means more women give birth than abort.

You also have to keep in mind that PP's aren't located everywhere and even then so, you can promote all the birth control you want but you can't force anyone to use it.
rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
But sadly I do not anymore. IMHO..once something becones a big business..thers is no incentive for them to cut down on its revenue.. I suggested that they use some of their government money to supply their abortion clients with birth control ..shots .or pilks for a year say and classes too.
Another thing to keep in mind is that not every PP performs abortion. Considering that abortion is not paid for by government funds, as it's prohibited to use government funds for abortions, all of their government funding goes to everything else. And like I said before, you cannot force people to utilize birth control.
rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
If one abortion is hard on the body..two would be worse etc..these would be the type of things aimed at the very women who need them..
There are so many ways to cut down the NEED for so many abortions..but it is not something the pols are interested in as far as I can see.
I really don't think women *want* to have an abortion however, you can't force them to use birth control nor can you stop them from having a repeat abortion. I don't know what the solution is to all that is but it does seem that education is working slowly, but surely, as the abortion rate is decreasing. I think a lot of that has to do with comprehensive sex education, the availability of MAP and the fact that some pharmacies are offering some prescription contraceptives at an affordable price.
rosesz

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#293970 Apr 27, 2013
IRYW wrote:
<quoted text>
Answers in Genesis? LOL This proves that you are bat s**t crazy. Why would you ignore all of the scientific evidence and go to a fundamentalist christian site that claims to disprove evolution? You've already made up your tiny little mind and are simply looking for something that makes you think you actually can justify your conclusion.
One..I said I had heard of it..not read it alk and I recommended it to Gtown since he asked and he is a Christian..I know you would not likd it so I did not post it to you out of respect.

Two..not to be rude really I have already gone on about my beliefs..which are by faith. GOD said ..let there be light..etc..
IRYW

Malvern, PA

#293971 Apr 27, 2013
rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
I have not once said I am not for birth control and sex ed so please dont put that on me..
I said people like you are the reason there is such poor sex ed and such restriction on BC.
rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
As for PP. You honestly expect me to believe they would like to be out of the abortion BUSINESS...
Yes. Are you actually accusing them of WANTING more abortions? Has your religion fucked up your brain so badly that you actually think that?
rosesz wrote:
<..They have access to a lot of women ..They make money. Get contributions and gov funds...
And they would still have access to a lot of women and make money and get government support if all they did was provide contraception and other family planning services. What evidence, not your pathetic opinion but actual evidence, that PP wants more abortions?
rosesz wrote:
<...They should be doing alk the things you suggest .
They do. They cannot force women to use contraception. They cannot force women to come to clinics, especially with you nutjobs threatening them on the sidewalk.
rosesz wrote:
<...
TO BELIEVE they want to see there be NO NEED FOR ANOTHER ABORTION is most illogical
No it is completely logical, But since most of us live in the real world instead of christian candyland, people will forget to use contraception, contraception will fail, rapes will occur, genetic defects will occur, and personal situations will change. So abortion, no matter how hard we try to eliminate it, will always occur.
rosesz

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#293972 Apr 27, 2013
-Michelle- wrote:
<quoted text>
I wonder if you're talking about Pupsy/Kate. She's PL and she was friendly and got along well with everyone including PC folks. Because of that, she was accused of being a "Judas" despite the fact that she never wavered in her PL and religious beliefs.
Maybe that was her. Thd memory is a sad going to lose..lol..i just remember she was nice to most of the posters on both sides..and got flack..from a couple...one in particular...no names...sad state of affairs..
This is a forum..we cant all agree or else we can call it a social club and swap recipes..but that is only my opinion..

“GO BLACKHAWKS!!”

Since: Dec 07

Home of Lord Stanley!

#293973 Apr 27, 2013
Katie wrote:
is post #293946 hidden?
No, I can see it.
rosesz

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#293974 Apr 27, 2013
-Michelle- wrote:
<quoted text>
The number is high however, you do have to keep in mind that the yearly rate of live birth is way higher than the yearly rate of abortion. That means more women give birth than abort.
You also have to keep in mind that PP's aren't located everywhere and even then so, you can promote all the birth control you want but you can't force anyone to use it.
<quoted text>
Another thing to keep in mind is that not every PP performs abortion. Considering that abortion is not paid for by government funds, as it's prohibited to use government funds for abortions, all of their government funding goes to everything else. And like I said before, you cannot force people to utilize birth control.
<quoted text>
I really don't think women *want* to have an abortion however, you can't force them to use birth control nor can you stop them from having a repeat abortion. I don't know what the solution is to all that is but it does seem that education is working slowly, but surely, as the abortion rate is decreasing. I think a lot of that has to do with comprehensive sex education, the availability of MAP and the fact that some pharmacies are offering some prescription contraceptives at an affordable price.
I hope so on the numbers if they keep coming down..and if the MAP is not an abortifacient and not harmful to young girls great if it helps.

I know first hand on a good friend..gets the pill..gains eeight or forgets..3 abortions..sad but I love her like a daughter..and tried to talk her out of the ladt.

It is a tough problem..but many women suffer after..I know this lady does..and no one wants to see them as victims to as well as their babies.

MAYBE IF PEOLE COULD PUT DOWN THEIR SWORDS figuatively on this we could all come up with an answer to really make them rare
IRYW

Malvern, PA

#293975 Apr 27, 2013
rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
One..I said I had heard of it..not read it alk and I recommended it to Gtown since he asked and he is a Christian...
So you recommended a website to Gtown that you know nothing about except that it is likely to appeal to a fundamentalist christian because it denies what 99% of the professional scientific community has concluded in favor of what a few 'self-educated' preachers claim? Your commitment to intellectual integrity is stunning..........
rosesz wrote:
<Two..not to be rude really I have already gone on about my beliefs..which are by faith. GOD said ..let there be light..etc..
Your religious beliefs are not relevant to the discussion. You think there is only christianity? LOL ... There are 20 major world religions, hundreds more minor ones, and christianity alone has over 30,000 different sects, many of which violently disagree with each other. So the only way to have sanity is to live in a secular country under the secular rule of law, with the constitutional separation of church and state. No religious argument could ever settle this issue, only reasoned secular debate over empirical evidence.

Part of what makes conversation with you so difficult is you ignore questions and comments in my posts that are crucial to the conversation. You only answer part of a post and ignore the more important part. Why?
Katie

Seattle, WA

#293976 Apr 27, 2013
-Michelle- wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I can see it.
Thanks, Michelle.

No resolution for me. Story of my life.
:\
Katie

Seattle, WA

#293977 Apr 27, 2013
But 293958 is hidden... Wonder whose that is?
Gtown71

United States

#293978 Apr 27, 2013
Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
"We are quailfied "justified " the very momment we are "truly born again "
Are you of the belief that even the most devout Jewish Rabbi will not gain admittance to Heaven?
Read John chapter 3, where a very devout Jew was impressed with Jesus, so he came to speak with Him one night, and you will find the answer.

I'm under the impression that it doesn't matter how devout a person is in any "christian " non christian religion, without recieving the "free gift " of God, it will all be in vain.:(
rosesz

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#293979 Apr 27, 2013
IRYW wrote:
<quoted text>
So you recommended a website to Gtown that you know nothing about except that it is likely to appeal to a fundamentalist christian because it denies what 99% of the professional scientific community has concluded in favor of what a few 'self-educated' preachers claim? Your commitment to intellectual integrity is stunning..........
<quoted text>
Your religious beliefs are not relevant to the discussion. You think there is only christianity? LOL ... There are 20 major world religions, hundreds more minor ones, and christianity alone has over 30,000 different sects, many of which violently disagree with each other. So the only way to have sanity is to live in a secular country under the secular rule of law, with the constitutional separation of church and state. No religious argument could ever settle this issue, only reasoned secular debate over empirical evidence.
Part of what makes conversation with you so difficult is you ignore questions and comments in my posts that are crucial to the conversation. You only answer part of a post and ignore the more important part. Why?
I have answered your questions. I think faith kn a set of theories like a big bang takes more faith than I have to give.

I know that God created the earth. It makes mord sense and even skne secularists believe there is intelligent design.

I have read and heard some of the Answers in Genesis.. but I cannot argue all of it as I dont know it all. I do know that arguing a bunch of theories is not going to endear me to you or sway ypur non belief in God as Crreator. WHY keep saying my best and knly answer oved and over.

Not all scientists do not believe in Creation. As I said before some great names believed.
I will side with some of them.. and let you debate with people whose opinion you respect.

Peace
IRYW

Malvern, PA

#293980 Apr 27, 2013
rosesz wrote:
<
MAYBE IF PEOLE COULD PUT DOWN THEIR SWORDS figuatively on this we could all come up with an answer to really make them rare
There is a way to make abortions rare. But you need to let go of your false beliefs and accept the data.
And the data says that in developed countries the use of abortion drops rapidly when contraception, especially long-term methods, is cheap and available and and effectively used. The data says effective use comes from open discussion at the family level and high quality sex-ed in the schools. The data says that legalization of abortion and access to abortion services does not lead to increased reliance on abortion for fertility control in the long term; in developed countries with these conditions, the predominant trend in abortion rates has been downward.

So if you really want to reduce abortions, stop picketing PP centers. Stop electing fundamentalist religious senators and congressmen. Stop opposing sex-ed. Stop opposing government funding of contraception and family planning services. Encourage your children to take personal responsibility for safe sex instead of preaching abstinence (which is proven to fail). Stop denying scientific realities because all you are doing is teaching your kids that science can't be trusted, yet the scientific method is what gives us contraception and the studies that show how to reduce unwanted pregnancy. Work to improve education and job opportunities in inner economically depressed areas so that women, when they get pregnant, will get proper nutrition and pre-natal care that will lead to fewer fetal problems that lead to abortions.
Gtown71

United States

#293981 Apr 27, 2013
Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
And why would God allow good people to go to Hell? Do you believe God would be so petty as to punish good people simply for not believing in Jesus? It just makes no sense.
God doesn't "punish " people just becouse He can, if He wanted to rake folks into Hell based on how "good " or "bad " they were -He could've done it by now. Starting with ME

what else is He to do with a dead soul?
We have loved ones who die. No.matter how much we loved them, we don't dress them up and put them on our couch, and take them with us. We bury them.

The price of SIN is extremely high. It cost God much, and made offer to us for free.

What you call good, and what God calls good, is far different.
You seem to be a very "good" person, but would even you be willng to stand on a world stage, around all of your family and friends and have every deed and thought you have ever had opened up in front of them?

God so loved the world, that He gave His only Begotten Son, that "whosoever" shall believe in Him shall be saved.

1. God put in every person the need for Him.
Although we try and fill that spot with everything from sex, drugs, music, sports, you name it. The worst one of all "religion"

A religious person can be the hardest to be saved. They think they "do" enough.
It is not what you "do" it is who you are.

Bad people go to Heaven.
Good people go to Hell.

God must be dealing with a person, before they get saved.
This is the mystery of God.
The wind blows where it wills, and no one knows where it came from or where it goes, but they do know THAT IT TOUCHED THEM as it came by.:)
rosesz

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#293983 Apr 27, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
In another attempt to resolve this issue, Rose, I will again show how you've misunderstood what I've said even while carrying on as if you had no misunderstanding.
The word SUSTAIN does not refer to birthrate. It refers to the whole population and the resources used to support it as a whole.
I admit I'm baffled how you got the meaning you got. And baffled even more that you won't concede and apologize for your wrongful accusation based upon your misunderstanding while insisting your misunderstanding is true.
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
http://www.topix.com/forum/news/abortion/T833...
Katie I have apllogized not once but twice if I got your meaning wrong.

If you do not believe that abortion in keeping ghe birth rate down is good..than I apologize one more time. Your sentence made it sound that way

Just lije your post about me sounding like im sassy posting or guys yes guys ..must have been understood wrongly by me as an insult.

Obviously we are not on the same wavelength..and I do not wang to feud with anyone.
So three apklogies now is my resolution.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#293984 Apr 27, 2013
Oh, shucks, ma'am...
-Michelle- wrote:
<quoted text>
CPeter, have I told you how much I love thee? ROFLMAO!! ;o)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What role do you think humans play in global wa... 23 min tarmo 1,115
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 42 min Rosa_Winkel 228,566
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 53 min Tony Rome 1,115,141
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 3 hr Trojan 27,589
Should child beauty pageants be banned? 5 hr PieceMaker 342
Conn's Appliances (Nov '07) 19 hr Carol 280
Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Mon El SupremoS 201,038

NCAA Basketball People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE