Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Comments (Page 13,808)

Showing posts 276,141 - 276,160 of303,199
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
rosesz

Pompano Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
No babies are "whisked away", there is no proof that any woman would make such a decision in that short a time (sneezing), and there is no "culture of death". This melodramatic use of language is part of the problem in this debate.
Okay, no idea what "cukturdle" was supposed to be. Culture, maybe? LOL, you're really having a time with that Kindle, aren't you?
If that's what you were saying, I disagree. The world we (no idea what your age is, I'll be turning 50 this year) are leaving behind is one in which each person may make their own medical decisions, as they should be allowed.
I am over a decade older. Gave birth to 2 children one as a teen..before Roe was law. So I have been around . I will try to cut down on the rhetoric. But I do feel all of this loss of life has caused a disconnect and divided this country horribly.

As for my kindle ..I love it for many things..buf postjng is Not one of them.for sure
rosesz

Pompano Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

grumpy wrote:
<quoted text>You've been having a death talk with your pastor for many years when you should have been having life talks.
Lol..good one..but no. I do know we all die though sooner ot later. Though I have faith that death is not the end. I am right or others on this forum are. Either wsy I wil not be surprised. But I have faith.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Judged:

Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
I would suggest the gospels in all 4 perhaps. I've been told it is a view from 4 different angles.
One tells two of my favorite words in the bible "and peter"
After Jesus Christ rose from the dead -the message was clear to those who found the empty tomb. go tell the disiples AND PETER that HE HAS RISEN!!
Peter was a disiple, so why would they point him out special?
If you've read -you would know peter had just turned his back on his Lord and Savior "I can relate", BUT that Never took his Savior by surprize.
Peter was feeling about as low as a person could, and THAT IS WHY Jesus wanted him to know all was well! I for one am very thankful.
Those who know not God, or not known of God, are not tested.
Only His children are tested, and that is only to help us, not to make us quailify for Heaven.
We are quailfied "justified " the very momment we are "truly born again "
The last words the lost hear from a Holy God -depart ye workers of iniquity FOR I NEVER KNEW YOU.
plus it may never make sense, there's nothing about spiritual things that make much sense to the carnal mind.
I don't know how a black cow eats green grass, and gives off white milk, but it happens everyday.
If science shows the answer, and they do -great, but they should stick to what they KNOW, not what they BELIEVE -THAT'S When it becomes faith.
Science DOES stick to what it knows. Your failure to understand scientific method doesn't change that. That is the whole point. YOU stick to what you BELIEVE, and pretend you know.

I disagree that spiritual things don't make sense. My religious beliefs speak to my heart, AND make sense to my mind. If yours do not, then it's time to consider that it's not your mind at fault, but the beliefs themselves.
Gtown71

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Judged:

rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
From what little is said about Hovinds theories......including Gtown who said he did not believe in it all and that the man was a crook..i think he has taken great liberties with Genesis. For sure. Could be an educated fool.or a scam artist..just goes to show that all humans on every side of every belief are not perfect..sounds like he took things a bit far off track to me.
I dont think Gtown is deluded in his beliefs.. i think I would have looked elsewhere for answers about genesis..but that is me and asxI read it G did not swallow Hovind hook line and sinker
Yes -I think you put it best, when you said All sin :)
I like Dr. Hovind as a person and scientist, but far from agree with him on all things.
I would like any info you could send me to requarding creation.

Hope all has a good day, but me and my 6 yo must get our play on.

I know how a lost person views God -they feel it is something they would have to add to their life. For me, just thinking about going to some church for one hour a week was hard to even consider. I had NO DESIRE.

God changes our desires, yet we will never agree on all things, those in "in Christ" KNOW Jesus Christ is the way, the truth and the life.
I hope all have a great day.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Judged:

rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
I am over a decade older. Gave birth to 2 children one as a teen..before Roe was law. So I have been around . I will try to cut down on the rhetoric. But I do feel all of this loss of life has caused a disconnect and divided this country horribly.
As for my kindle ..I love it for many things..buf postjng is Not one of them.for sure
I remember trying to get on the internet with mine, and giving up after a while :) It's one of the original versions, maybe the newer ones are better, I don't know. And I have the same problems with my phone. I'll stick to my laptop, lol.

As I said earlier, abortion has been legal in this country for longer than it was ever illegal, and was legal when this country was founded. In other words, legal abortion is not just something that has occurred since Roe v Wade.

Nearly two-thirds of the country believes that Roe v Wade should be upheld, and that would include many who consider themselves pro-life. I know many pro-life people who don't think their own beliefs should govern others in this matter.

The actual numbers I find to be irrelevant, as to me it's a question of one woman making a decision for one pregnancy, her own. That pregnancy is none of my business.
feces for jesus

Bellmore, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Judged:

Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Translation -Gtown I live a very sinfilled life, and I love it, so I don't want to even think about a place called Hell, and wouldn't go look if you could show me the front door.
You're distorted interpretation of everything owns every action in your life. Continue to deny the fact that the word hell was never used in your bible.
IRYW

Berwyn, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
THE burst of energy came from some poster trying to explain BBT...
So your information about state of the art in scientific theory comes from random posters? You show no scientific literacy of any kind yet you can dispute the theories of the brightest people on the planet? Really?
rosesz wrote:
<
THERE is no evidence tgat man had any ancestor other than man....
Actually there is so much evidence that we all had common ancestors that no serious scientist disputes that or the basic theory of evolution. Again, you have a bible, which is food for toilet paper but useless for scientific knowledge. I have hundreds of years of the finest scientific research available. Let me ask you a question. Do you think DNA evidence should be used in criminal trials?
rosesz wrote:
<You are treating your scientific supposedly beliefs as a religion.
Not at all. Scientists follow the evidence where ever it leads. Religious people ignore the evidence unless it leads to the bible.
rosesz wrote:
<
.when there are scientists with other theorys. THEORIES not fact.
Evolution is a fact. The theory explains how. A scientific theory is MUCH bigger than mere facts. Theories are established frameworks to explain the observed facts about the world and the mechanisms at work. There is no other theory for the origin of all species on earth; creationism and intelligent design are not theories accepted by the scientific community, they are only religious claims.
rosesz wrote:
<
I believe thru faith in God for sure and His word the bible. I admit it. BUT you have the same kind of faith in tgeories which keep changing every few decades or days..
What you see as a weakness in science is actually the strength. Every discovery moves us a bit closer to understanding something. If a conclusion is proven wrong, we move on and explore further. Do you think that a heart transplant in 2013 bears any resemblance to the first one done is the 1960s? Do you condemn science because it got some things wrong with early heart transplants and then improved the procedures to correct those mistakes?
rosesz

Pompano Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Judged:

Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
I remember trying to get on the internet with mine, and giving up after a while :) It's one of the original versions, maybe the newer ones are better, I don't know. And I have the same problems with my phone. I'll stick to my laptop, lol.
As I said earlier, abortion has been legal in this country for longer than it was ever illegal, and was legal when this country was founded. In other words, legal abortion is not just something that has occurred since Roe v Wade.
Nearly two-thirds of the country believes that Roe v Wade should be upheld, and that would include many who consider themselves pro-life. I know many pro-life people who don't think their own beliefs should govern others in this matter.
The actual numbers I find to be irrelevant, as to me it's a question of one woman making a decision for one pregnancy, her own. That pregnancy is none of my business.
But bitner 50 million since Roe all after the pill came into use..there is a definite disconnect someplace in valuing the lives of the unborn. IMHO

i dont know on the figures regarding those who want Roe but many more tgan previously want restrictions such as parental nogification and to stop LTA as an elective procedure. Iam not talking about emergencies in a hospital done to try and SAVE the lives involved.where one or both die but electives done at sbortion clinics

So maybe there is some hope.
rosesz

Pompano Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

IRYW wrote:
<quoted text>
So your information about state of the art in scientific theory comes from random posters? You show no scientific literacy of any kind yet you can dispute the theories of the brightest people on the planet? Really?
<quoted text>
Actually there is so much evidence that we all had common ancestors that no serious scientist disputes that or the basic theory of evolution. Again, you have a bible, which is food for toilet paper but useless for scientific knowledge. I have hundreds of years of the finest scientific research available. Let me ask you a question. Do you think DNA evidence should be used in criminal trials?
<quoted text>
Not at all. Scientists follow the evidence where ever it leads. Religious people ignore the evidence unless it leads to the bible.
<quoted text>
Evolution is a fact. The theory explains how. A scientific theory is MUCH bigger than mere facts. Theories are established frameworks to explain the observed facts about the world and the mechanisms at work. There is no other theory for the origin of all species on earth; creationism and intelligent design are not theories accepted by the scientific community, they are only religious claims.
<quoted text>
What you see as a weakness in science is actually the strength. Every discovery moves us a bit closer to understanding something. If a conclusion is proven wrong, we move on and explore further. Do you think that a heart transplant in 2013 bears any resemblance to the first one done is the 1960s? Do you condemn science because it got some things wrong with early heart transplants and then improved the procedures to correct those mistakes?
Some of the worlds most famous scientists saw it as trying to underdtand Gods Creation.

I am attemting not to be rude as you are about the bible..so I will just reiterate you have your faith in kind of a moveable concept..I have mine in a Holy God.

Peace..oh yes I do believe DNA is a good tool for criminalists..until they either duplicate..mishandle or othedwise prove it not to be accurate. But for now I do think it good evidence esoecially if thd crininal has othef evidence agaknsg him. By thd way I also think OJ was guilty. So the sysrem is not infallible. God is. But we do the best
we can. Hopefully using the minds God gave us again peace
As I was saying

Southbury, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Judged:

rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Rose, abortion has not divided this country. There are only a few who think it should be stopped. The vast majority of people do NOT want legal abortion stopped. MOST people realize that women have ALWAYS had abortions. They also know they WILL always have abortions. You then have the option of safe abortions in clean clinics where no women die OR unskilled butchers that prey on desperate women where women die.

Which do YOU choose??
Chick Brilliance Returns

Southbury, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

"As I was saying" is me.
smackdownn chick

Hartford, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Xtians are such perverted creeps!
Chick Brilliance Returns

Southbury, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Chicky! I've missed you :)
One of the trolls has too, but will not admit it. You'll see 'em soon enough, I'd bet.
Have a busy morning today, but should be around afternoon time. Hope you are, too. Oh, loved how you treated k&p yesterday... That girl is just batsh*t!!
I'll bet I know which one....

Working later. Will try to contact you then.
Katie

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Seriously..you think I am a guy. Katie ..I have always posted under only one name. My name is Rose. As many here can tell you. Even those on your side of tge argument.
I was around and living through the womens movement long before you I think.
But old as I am ..I have always been a woman..and if insults are your answer than ai am sorry for you.
Where is it posted that SassyJM is a guy??
rosesz

Pompano Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah at least the computers auto correct is better. Tried turning this one off..it got worse. I think the keys vary from too sensitive to not enough or something. It is an older one:(. But hey maybe I win the lotto and get an ipad.

Took a bad fall couple of years ago so no more sitting in front of the computer..for long periods..but as long as you all are patient with me I will keep trying to correct myself on this thing. It is a great device for reading :) and some other things for the money..
Was a great gift so cant complain too much

And forget the phone lolol. I need it for the little work I have. But using the input say for net addresses lolol. Plus who can read this stuff on the screen.
Hard to read on this . Oh there is another thing to add to the list that goes and I am well corected. Eyes

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Judged:

rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
But bitner 50 million since Roe all after the pill came into use..there is a definite disconnect someplace in valuing the lives of the unborn. IMHO
i dont know on the figures regarding those who want Roe but many more tgan previously want restrictions such as parental nogification and to stop LTA as an elective procedure. Iam not talking about emergencies in a hospital done to try and SAVE the lives involved.where one or both die but electives done at sbortion clinics
So maybe there is some hope.
Rose, LTA has never been classified as an "elective procedure," and since RvW, has not LEGALLY ben done for any reason other than saving the life of the mother, removal of a dead fetus, or terminating a fetus diagnosed with severe / profound anomalies or terminal illness.

I realize you don't agree that a fetus with such anomalies or conditions, should be terminated, and probably believe that women shouldn't have the choice to do so...but I for one am glad that women who know they would resent or otherwise fail these little ones, are able to abort, rather than abuse them. Because they are HIGHLY unlikely to be adopted by anyone else, and/or have any kind of meaningful lives.

And again - the fact that we DO have a choice, means that women who ARE strong enough to accept these babies and love them, aren't coerced into putting them into the 'care' of institutions, at the behest of their doctors, family, or government. That happened A LOT, back in the 'good ol' days'. Nowadays, most of those private institutions have been closed, due to the practices prevalent in their 'care', and the ones run by the States have been defunded.
rosesz

Pompano Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Hmmm You and SassyJM seem to have the same issues regarding the same issues. It's too bad she's not posting right now because I think the two of you would really hit it off due to all you seem to have in common.... You guys, yes you guys, seem to write similarly, too.
Think I am unique in my posting btw. try to be polite and respectful Katie. And yes have a lot of typos..sorry..

I guess it was that part about abortion being good for the birth rate that set me off. HOWever I did not curse or call you names. I see some on both sides do this..usually at each other..That is not me whether you think this other poster has some same concerns.

This is a debating forum . We are obviously on opposite sides. But if my replies were too heated I apologize. And again I am a WOMAN.
IRYW

Berwyn, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Some of the worlds most famous scientists saw it as trying to underdtand Gods Creation.
So what? Virtually everyone was religious prior to modern understanding of how the universe and everything in it. You are invoking a logical fallacy called the argument from authority.
rosesz wrote:
<..so I will just reiterate you have your faith in kind of a moveable concept..I have mine in a Holy God.
Now you have used another logical fallacy; the fallacy of equivocation is using the same word with two different meanings. Faith in supernatural things is belief in the absence of evidence, Faith that penicillin will cure specific bacterial infections is confidence based on massive amounts of data to support that conclusion.
rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
.oh yes I do believe DNA is a good tool for criminalists..
The method of scientific analysis of DNA used in criminal law is the exactly the same method of scientific analysis of DNA used for proving that human and chimps share a common ancestor. You can't have it both ways. Either chimps and humans have a common ancestor or every criminal conviction based on DNA needs to be overturned. As I said before, you are fine with scientific conclusions when they appeal to you personally and you reject them if you don't like them. That is the height of hypocrisy and dishonesty.
Katie

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Judged:

rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Think I am unique in my posting btw. try to be polite and respectful Katie. And yes have a lot of typos..sorry..
I guess it was that part about abortion being good for the birth rate that set me off. HOWever I did not curse or call you names. I see some on both sides do this..usually at each other..That is not me whether you think this other poster has some same concerns.
This is a debating forum . We are obviously on opposite sides. But if my replies were too heated I apologize. And again I am a WOMAN.
Your reading comprehension is not much better than hers, either. Read my original post again. You've responded to it. TWICE now.

And again, I never once said "...abortion being good for the birth rate..." That was *your* misinterpretation of the imbalance I've been discussing long before you poked your SN back in this forum.

I believe you owe me an apology or two... but I'm not demanding it of you.

======
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Hmmm You and SassyJM seem to have the same issues regarding the same issues. It's too bad >>>she's<<< not posting right now because I think the two of you would really hit it off due to all you seem to have in common.... You guys, yes you guys, seem to write similarly, too.
rosesz

Pompano Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

IRYW wrote:
<quoted text>
So what? Virtually everyone was religious prior to modern understanding of how the universe and everything in it. You are invoking a logical fallacy called the argument from authority.
<quoted text>
Now you have used another logical fallacy; the fallacy of equivocation is using the same word with two different meanings. Faith in supernatural things is belief in the absence of evidence, Faith that penicillin will cure specific bacterial infections is confidence based on massive amounts of data to support that conclusion.
<quoted text>
The method of scientific analysis of DNA used in criminal law is the exactly the same method of scientific analysis of DNA used for proving that human and chimps share a common ancestor. You can't have it both ways. Either chimps and humans have a common ancestor or every criminal conviction based on DNA needs to be overturned. As I said before, you are fine with scientific conclusions when they appeal to you personally and you reject them if you don't like them. That is the height of hypocrisy and dishonesty.
Until the same bacteria become peniciilin resistant. Faith is faith because it is taken by faith..through grace given by God..and of course it is supernatural.
It is spiritual.
Man has always been man. That we share some similar traits may be so but only man has a soul.

There is no missing link
i know you do not believe as I do. At one time I thought reincarnation was a possibility. Now I know better. God created me. His Son died a horrid death specifically became a perfect sacrifice for my sins. It is thru grace I accepted this wonderful gift of life.

You either believe or you do not maybe someday you will. It is free. Peace

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 276,141 - 276,160 of303,199
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

6 Users are viewing the NCAA Basketball Forum right now

Search the NCAA Basketball Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min lily boca raton fl 1,033,041
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 7 min ROCCO 216,597
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 1 hr Trojan 26,080
Syracuse basketball: Jim Boeheim tells ESPN Tyl... Apr 14 Lenox Da Kid 2
loan offer (Jun '13) Apr 14 Bryan Cranston 81
Burke Calls Shots With The Best (Feb '08) Apr 12 maryann 19
Do you hate UK Wildcats, we DO :-) (Apr '11) Apr 12 plenty 49
•••
•••