Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 310029 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#293930 Apr 27, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes -I think you put it best, when you said All sin :)
I like Dr. Hovind as a person
No shock that you like a fraud.
and scientist,
Except hes NOT a scientist you ass. Hell, he went to a non-accredited college, and his "degree" isn't legally recoginzed anywhere.

Katie

Seattle, WA

#293931 Apr 27, 2013
rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Katie.. whatever... you even recopied what you said about guys and me and sassy person ..Whatever you meant. I did apologize for getting upset. I wss not rude I know what I read.
Since we have both answered on this a few times..I am fine with it being done.:)
And though I do not know what an SN is I do not think I want to. I think my thoughts on the forum are just as allowed as yours. Peace. I really dont wsnt to be in a feud with anyone..Peace.
It's done when it's done. Am all for peace and love. And for my words not being mangled into different meanings. You read what you wanted to read. Bitner even told you you were off base. But you willfully cling to your misinterpretation. Even now. It's like a false accusation you've made against me. But I don't remember reading an apology about it. Did I miss it?

Why wouldn't you want to know SN = screen name?

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#293932 Apr 27, 2013
-Michelle- wrote:
<quoted text>
Rose and JM are not the same people. Rose used to post here a while back. She's PL and I may disagree with her on a lot of things but she's got a good heart and she's always been kind and respectful towards other posters.:o)
Yup, I agree, tho I think she's whacked about many of these issues. I also believe that its a generational thing.
rosesz

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#293933 Apr 27, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Obviously I disagree that there is a disconnect. I think there is acknowledgement that this is a personal, private matter.
The fact that nearly two-thirds think RvW should be upheld means that there is no consensus regarding restrictions. People are not all of one mind, do not all want the same restrictions, or the same level of restrictions. There are people who call themsleves pro-life who want the very same level of restriction as some who call themselves pro-choice. The entire country runs the gamut on this issue, no matter how they label themselves. By the way, those figures are split right down the middle between PL and PC, as it's been for quite some time. It varies little from year to year. It is not as cut and dry as you made it sound in your post.
The issue has divided a lot of us though. Here especially buy in politics and other things too
For some it is a personal reason such ad myself..but others ideologically. But divide us it has.
But thankfully we can all agree on some things..like Gosnell is a criminal..and a ghoul..still yhi k there is some personal animus there.
Unless hd is senile or drunk sll day. No one could be such a bad person or doctor.

Its a good thing I am sticking to one forum lol..just trying to correct these posts takes ip so much battery and data time ..
rosesz

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#293934 Apr 27, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Personally, I think we're ALL going to be surprised, particularly since nobody knows anything one way or another about what happens after we die.
Hopefully, we all will go to a better place.
On that we can all agree I hope:)

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#293936 Apr 27, 2013
LOL, oh well, no I didn't do it right. Sorry. It was about evolution.

“GO BLACKHAWKS!!”

Since: Dec 07

Home of Lord Stanley!

#293937 Apr 27, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Personally, I think we're ALL going to be surprised, particularly since nobody knows anything one way or another about what happens after we die.
Hopefully, we all will go to a better place.
I totally agree with you on that! I also find it amazing when people claim to know what's going to happen to others come their judgment day. May God be merciful as the self righteous may be in for a big surprise in the end as He made it very clear that He, and nobody else, is the only and rightful judge come the end.
rosesz

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#293938 Apr 27, 2013
KATIE
It's done when it's done. Am all for peace and love. And for my words not being mangled into different meanings. You read what you wanted to read. Bitner even told you you were off base. But you willfully cling to your misinterpretation. Even now. It's like a false accusation you've made against me. But I don't remember reading an apology about it. Did I miss it)

Katie
One more time. I know Bitner agreed with you. BUT you were saying 4 million births if we remove abortion it would be 5 million. We could not sustain that rate with people living to 100.....or words to that effect. It does sound like an argument for abortion Being helpful to population control. Believe it is on pags 15..
However if I misinterpreted the words you typed. I do apologize.

LOST THE QUOTES somehow
rosesz

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#293939 Apr 27, 2013
-Michelle- wrote:
<quoted text>
Rose and JM are not the same people. Rose used to post here a while back. She's PL and I may disagree with her on a lot of things but she's got a good heart and she's always been kind and respectful towards other posters.:o)
Thank you Michelle. I have enjoyed our debates also.

I askef Bitner will ask you if you remember a nice pister whise real name was Karen I think..i also think she had bee Pk but changed on some ideas??

Who did JM used to be..certainly not Kp we do not pist at all alike.
rosesz

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#293940 Apr 27, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>Yup, I agree, tho I think she's whacked about many of these issues. I also believe that its a generational thing.
Lol..are you saying Im older ..Guilty..and you may have a point there about generations being different..have lived thru a lot of eras..and a whole lot of cultural changes..
Do not believe all of the women pioneers of the sixties would see all of these abortions as a good thing.
A lot of peole my age..who grew up with no sex ed and no contraception to speak of we see a lot of things differently..for sure

Tv for one thing..they air every facet of the most personal sexual detsils. In my day men and women didnt even share a bed..now reens pist naked pix on their phones or social pages..cant say that is progress..esp for women..

Id say it makes us more conservative than wacky..and I dont mean politics..

“GO BLACKHAWKS!!”

Home of Lord Stanley!

#293941 Apr 27, 2013
rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you Michelle. I have enjoyed our debates also.
I askef Bitner will ask you if you remember a nice pister whise real name was Karen I think..i also think she had bee Pk but changed on some ideas??
Who did JM used to be..certainly not Kp we do not pist at all alike.
I don't remember a Karen on here. You're not thinking of Old Lady, are you? OL used to post on here and she was very kind hearted. I haven't seen her post in a while. Sassy JM was always Sassy JM. Sometimes, she posts with variations on "Sassy" but I don't think she posts under other names.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#293942 Apr 27, 2013
It's very difficult to have sex in one's conjunction.
The Prince wrote:
<quoted text>
All of that you wrote is interesting but at the end of the day you are still proabortion and like to have sex in your but. That says everytihng people need to know about your 'faith".

“GO BLACKHAWKS!!”

Home of Lord Stanley!

#293943 Apr 27, 2013
rosesz wrote:
<quoted text><snipped>
Do not believe all of the women pioneers of the sixties would see all of these abortions as a good thing.
For what it's worth, and unless I missed it, no one is saying that abortion is a "good thing". When it comes to reproductive choices, that's an intensely personal decision. Whether a woman chooses abortion, adoption or keeping and raising the child, the decision should be left to the pregnant woman and no one else should be able to make that decision for her.

“GO BLACKHAWKS!!”

Home of Lord Stanley!

#293944 Apr 27, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
It's very difficult to have sex in one's conjunction.
<quoted text>
CPeter, have I told you how much I love thee? ROFLMAO!! ;o)

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#293945 Apr 27, 2013
The chinese are experiencing massive overpopulation; it's a desperate attempt to rein in a country with nearly 20% of the planet's population. The chinese revere the elderly; they'll work harder at regulating pregnancy than consider offing the elderly.

We need to reduce our population as well, but not as urgently. Better to recognize that women have a right to terminate their own pregnancy.
rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
To repeat something in my last post..the Chinese have great population control..the next step IS FORCED abortion..killing off tge old getting rid of tge handicapped etc
It is a slippery slope that we have been on since Roe.
Katie

Seattle, WA

#293946 Apr 27, 2013
rosesz wrote:
KATIE
It's done when it's done. Am all for peace and love. And for my words not being mangled into different meanings. You read what you wanted to read. Bitner even told you you were off base. But you willfully cling to your misinterpretation. Even now. It's like a false accusation you've made against me. But I don't remember reading an apology about it. Did I miss it)
Katie
One more time. I know Bitner agreed with you. BUT you were saying 4 million births if we remove abortion it would be 5 million. We could not sustain that rate with people living to 100.....or words to that effect. It does sound like an argument for abortion Being helpful to population control. Believe it is on pags 15..
However if I misinterpreted the words you typed. I do apologize.
LOST THE QUOTES somehow
In another attempt to resolve this issue, Rose, I will again show how you've misunderstood what I've said even while carrying on as if you had no misunderstanding.

The word SUSTAIN does not refer to birthrate. It refers to the whole population and the resources used to support it as a whole.

I admit I'm baffled how you got the meaning you got. And baffled even more that you won't concede and apologize for your wrongful accusation based upon your misunderstanding while insisting your misunderstanding is true.
rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
So you are saying without Roe a doctir coukd force me to end my pregnancy. Idont remember anything like that before Roe. Women forced to abort. Advisdd to deliver early probably in life and death situations..but no one was pulling babies out against moms wishes.
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Doctors, gov't, and courts. There have been prior rulings where women were court ordered to abort... but at least one legally was able to use her right to refuse.
It may be generations in the future, but these are our daughters, nieces, granddaughters, etc. Or it may just be one or two generations in the future. We have almost 316M people in this country alone. Over four million live births a year will take a toll. Remove abortion, there'll be almost five million live births a year. How long can we sustain that? Especially when more and more people are regularly making it to their 100th birthdays?
http://www.topix.com/forum/news/abortion/T833...
rosesz

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#293947 Apr 27, 2013
-Michelle- wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't remember a Karen on here. You're not thinking of Old Lady, are you? OL used to post on here and she was very kind hearted. I haven't seen her post in a while. Sassy JM was always Sassy JM. Sometimes, she posts with variations on "Sassy" but I don't think she posts under other names.
I am probably not remembering right She took some flack from thd PL side for things she had told about herself. I hated that..
i think I do remember an Old Lady..bsides me lol..think she baked a lot or somekne did..had some foodie discussions one night. Lol

Think I remembef a JM..and a Lynne..or something..and of courss Chicky who thinks I am stubborn.. probably right on there
worships reality

AOL

#293948 Apr 27, 2013
Bit-O-Honey wrote:
<quoted text>
It was a "health" clinic, for men AND women.
For god's sake, do some research yourself you stupid thing.
here's the idiot who doesn't know a colon from a semi colon but was going to teach someone else about punctuation, scolding someone else for not doing research.
i especially like the way you ignored my post that further proved your stupidity. claimed you thought you were looking at a semi colon because you didn't have your glasses, yet still went on to use the definition of a colon. what a dumbass.
and you've got the nerve to scold anyone else for not doing research before they say something stupid ?!?
rosesz

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#293949 Apr 27, 2013
-Michelle- wrote:
<quoted text>
For what it's worth, and unless I missed it, no one is saying that abortion is a "good thing". When it comes to reproductive choices, that's an intensely personal decision. Whether a woman chooses abortion, adoption or keeping and raising the child, the decision should be left to the pregnant woman and no one else should be able to make that decision for her.
But no one could hsve forseen 50 mklliln especially when the pill came along..I gbought PP wss foing thd world a service by promoting birth control..

But sadly I do not anymore. IMHO..once something becones a big business..thers is no incentive for them to cut down on its revenue.. I suggested that they use some of their government money to supply their abortion clients with birth control ..shots .or pilks for a year say and classes too.

If one abortion is hard on the body..two would be worse etc..these would be the type of things aimed at the very women who need them..

There are so many ways to cut down the NEED for so many abortions..but it is not something the pols are interested in as far as I can see.
Gtown71

United States

#293950 Apr 27, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text> No shock that you like a fraud.
<quoted text> Except hes NOT a scientist you ass. Hell, he went to a non-accredited college, and his "degree" isn't legally recoginzed anywhere.
So unless the us gov recognizes a persons degrees, then they aren't smart?

I know kids who were home schooled that can run circles around any public school kids.
Dr. Hovinds personal convictions about paying his taxes has nothing to do with his knowledge of science.
Does your personal life have an effect on whay you do for a living, either now or in the past?
He's a bit to self rightious for me on alot, but I still think he's a smart man, and pointing out where REAL science leaves and FAITH science begins.

Whenever science says "we believe " thus and thus happened long ago and far away, then that's faith honey no matter how you stack it :)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 9 min John Galt 1,236,972
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 55 min I Am No One_ 240,145
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 5 hr tom wingo 29,784
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 13 hr TerryE 5,773
News Former UConn Player Pleads Guilty -- Courant.com (Oct '07) May 29 tom wingo 22
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) May 29 Pietro Armando 201,809
How to Recover Deleted or lost Contacts from Sa... May 25 Timotion 7
More from around the web