Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.
Comments
276,041 - 276,060 of 305,163 Comments Last updated 26 min ago

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2013

Judged:

elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text> The man is a sick, unethical bastard and deserves the harshest sentence possible. I doubt that the case meets the criteria for a death penalty. I have no idea what Susanm's point was in her comment to me. Misplaced sarcasm, I guess.
Last I read 3 of the charges of murder have been thrown out. There is seldom a point to anything she posts except to be a smartass. Just throw it back in her face and make her look stupid.
Katie

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2013

rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry and respectfully..it was your pist stating that wighout abortion we could nof sustain ghe birthrate.
Of all tbd arguments for abortion..that shocked me the most.
As I say..no wonded the pols do noghing to make it more rare..and it smacks of the Sanger mindset on eugenics. Most of the posts here are bemoaning it as a boon for poir people. YETmany who could easily affird childre ard also aborting right and left.
Agajn sorry but you shocked me. Fhis is human life we are discussjng.
One more thing --

You say, "YETmany who could easily affird childre ard also aborting right and left."

Reality shows the abortion rate has dropped 5% for the last reporting period of 2009.

You say, "no wonded the pols do noghing to make it more rare..and it smacks of the Sanger mindset on eugenics."

Reality shows that one of the factors slowing the rate of abortion down is the Morning After Pill becoming available over the counter.

You say, "it was your pist stating that wighout abortion we could nof sustain ghe birthrate."

I ask, "Where are the resources to provide for these people going to come from? Who is going to love this child and raise this child to be a productive member of society? How will this child excel and meet his potential in the land of free if even his basic needs aren't met on a daily basis?" I talk about balance, you talk about control.

Maybe it's your slip showing.

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2013

Susanm wrote:
<quoted text>
1)The complaints wouldn't have gone to the governor.
2)Casey didn't stop the inspections of abortion "clinics".
1. Yes they would have.
2. Caseys administration did inspect and ignore the conditions.
The department had contact with the Women’s Medical Society dating back to 1979, when it first issued approval to open an abortion clinic. It did not conduct another site review until 1989, ten years later.
Numerous violations were already apparent, but Gosnell got a pass when he promised to fix them. Site reviews in 1992 and 1993 also noted various violations, but again failed to ensure they were corrected.
But at least the department had been doing something up to that point, however ineffectual.
Abortion rates go down when there is a pro choice administration. You want to see lesser abortions don't you?
rosesz

Pompano Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2013

Way back when..before aroe contraception and personal responsibility was touted as the means to get to the Zpg goal. ZERO POULATION GROWTH. It was also seen as the great equalizer fir us womdn. I am all for equality of the sexes..and have been for a long time. BETTER pay for women was something that was a mantra in my home. I think Pp was a great thing for women when its main job was teaching and providing CONTRACEPTION. It may still do tgat but it is a great abortion provider and as a business it is not in the business if cutting down its future business in the ways I suggested before.

Since I was the bread winner for a good part of My daughters life ..i made sure she went to college and became a professional. So please do not think I have little regard for those of my own sex. The thing is womens lib should not be measured by access to do away with her offspring but by a womans value to herself..her career her children her husband and if she believes to her God. Like it or not our bodies are made in a way that we are the ones who carry children. If we do not want to have them we should do anything we can with all that is Now available not to get pregnant.

I empathize with any woman with an unplanned pregnancy..more than you can possibly know..but my rights should not trump my childs that I concieved.

Since this is NOT the law..everything should be done to lower tge number of abortions..and IMHO..not viewing it as a way to sustain a lower birth rate is a start.
rosesz

Pompano Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2013

ps if the abortion rate is down and if this morning after pill is not an abortifacient..good.
rosesz

Pompano Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2013

Caio and have a good nights sleep
Gods blessings on all

Since: Feb 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2013

Judged:

not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>Hey Sue! Didja ever stop to consider that THE GRAND JURY WON'T INDICT an abortionist ON LEGAL ABORTIONS????
Why would the Grand Jury mention Gosnell's LEGAL ACTIVITIES in an indictment, hon???
Because he wasn't doing LEGAL abortions, hon.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2013

cpeter1313 wrote:
Right. As medical professionals, they weren't about to make suppositions about mongar. Nor were they going to report procedural problems or health code violations to the authorities because that's not their policy or purpose.
<quoted text>
Like I said, the NAF is just a "good old boy" orgnization for abortionists.
The Prince

Phillipsburg, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2013

Judged:

rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Just a request can we please talk serious and stop with the graphic sex barbs.....its rude and does nothing to speak for the God you profess. I know its easy to get upset here but please ..a bit of decorum..
I did not realize that you feel God is willing to negotiate his teachings with proabortion pagans. If you want to, that is your choice. You will learn like the rest of those of the Faith, they will use you to promote their vile ways.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2013

AyakaNeo wrote:
<quoted text>
1. Yes they would have.
2. Caseys administration did inspect and ignore the conditions.
The department had contact with the Women’s Medical Society dating back to 1979, when it first issued approval to open an abortion clinic. It did not conduct another site review until 1989, ten years later.
Numerous violations were already apparent, but Gosnell got a pass when he promised to fix them. Site reviews in 1992 and 1993 also noted various violations, but again failed to ensure they were corrected.
But at least the department had been doing something up to that point, however ineffectual.
Abortion rates go down when there is a pro choice administration. You want to see lesser abortions don't you?
1) Why do you think that the complaints against Gosnell would find their way to the governor"s dest?

2) Ridge stopped the inspections for political reasons:

"But at least the department had been doing something up to that point, however
ineffectual. After 1993, even that pro forma effort came to an end. Not because of
administrative ennui, although there had been plenty. Instead, the Pennsylvania
Department of Health abruptly decided, for political reasons, to stop inspecting abortion
clinics at all. The politics in question were not anti-abortion, but pro. With the change of
administration from Governor Casey to Governor Ridge, officials concluded that
inspections would be “putting a barrier up to women” seeking abortions. Better to leave
clinics to do as they pleased, even though, as Gosnell proved, that meant both women and babies would pay."

http://www.phila.gov/districtattorney/PDFs/Gr...

Since: Jun 08

Atrisco Village

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
My rights are important to me..but when my right calls for me to end the life of my own child..another human..it is no longer my rights alone that are at stake.
What you believe and what you do about your own pregnancy is your business and you have the right to make your decision about it in privacy.

Atrisco Village

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Judged:

rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Sacrificing 9 months so that the child you helped create can live is not losing your uterus. Its bekng a mother.
If a woman doesn't want to stay pregnant, she doesn't have to, despite what some person named rosesz thinks and feels. It's none of your business.

Atrisco Village

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Susanm wrote:
<quoted text>
"You can have the best info in the world and still screw up."
Especially when:
1) 76% of pill users and 49% of condom users report having used their method inconsistently,
2) Forty-six percent of women who have abortions had not used a contraceptive method during the month they became pregnant.
3) Eight percent of women who have abortions have never used a method of birth control
http://www.guttmacher.org/pubs/fb_induced_abo...
:
That's a shame and we should all work to improve those numbers. It still isn't your business what any woman decides to do about her own pregnancies.

Atrisco Village

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

AyakaNeo wrote:
<quoted text>Last I read 3 of the charges of murder have been thrown out. There is seldom a point to anything she posts except to be a smartass. Just throw it back in her face and make her look stupid.
She's intelligent, but she's a zealous ideologue, which lowers her IQ by quite a few points.
Ocean56

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Judged:

rosesz wrote:
Well this is supposed to be a forum for ideas and discussion. SO I put out some ideas that might possiblg help these women who found themselves in a situation they dont want to be in. Something that might be easier on their bodies than an abortion.
If that unwanted situation is pregnancy, and these women DON'T want to stay pregnant, what could possibly be "easier on their bodies than an abortion?"
Ocean56

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Judged:

rosesz wrote:
Sacrificing 9 months so that the child you helped create can live is not losing your uterus. Its bekng a mother.
Again, motherhood is OPTIONAL, not required. Which means that a woman can REJECT motherhood if she doesn't want the hardships and responsibilities it involves.

Some women simply DON'T WANT CHILDREN. Don't like that fact? Too bad. Neither you nor any other anti-choicer has the right to FORCE women to stay pregnant and give birth against their will. Live with it.
rosesz

Pompano Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Ocean56 wrote:
<quoted text>
If that unwanted situation is pregnancy, and these women DON'T want to stay pregnant, what could possibly be "easier on their bodies than an abortion?"
Surgery of any kind is an invasion of the body by unatural means. It takes a toll.
Having your partner put on a condom does not.

I was tslking about contraception being better than a procedure ..especially if it happens over and over
Ocean56

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Judged:

rosesz wrote:
Surgery of any kind is an invasion of the body by unatural means. It takes a toll.
Having your partner put on a condom does not.
I was talking about contraception being better than a procedure ..especially if it happens over and over.
You're correct, contraception IS better than abortion, but NO form of birth control is 100% guaranteed against unwanted pregnancy. You're also correct about surgery, such as a tubal ligation. Yet, some women who NEVER want children do want to have a tubal ligation done, so they can avoid unwanted pregnancy to the best of their ability. The problem for them is that many doctors refuse to do a tubal for women who are under 30, especially if they have never had children. These doctors are convinced these women "will change their minds," and they can't accept the fact that motherhood is NOT desirable for all women.

Regarding condoms, those can and DO fail as well, especially if the condom was a bad fit to begin with. Badly fitting condoms aren't very effective at preventing unwanted pregnancy, even if a girl is lucky the first two or three times. Of course, a girl can get pregnant the FIRST time she has sex, especially if her partner was using ineffective "protection" or NO protection at all.

Motherhood is still OPTIONAL, not required, even if a pregnancy happens. NO woman has to become a mother unless she WANTS to be one.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Judged:

Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Well said, Bit.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Judged:

rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
"I know legally they dont..but the post I answered was chilling in its reas."

The other poster is right. The other side of the coin of forced continued gestation is forced abortion. Why is it "chilling" to point out that forcing nearly 1 million more births, in this country alone, would be a bad thing?

"AS for life expectancy..a long time ago it was a lot longer than now."

No, it was not. It was much, much shorter.

"The Chinese today use population control to force abortions and have a one child policy."

Only in urban areas, and only for couples who are not ethnic minorities, and not for couples who are each an only child themselves. And even then you have it backward; they have a one-child policy for the purposes of population control, and use forced abortions as per my last sentence to reach that goal.

"As I say the poster and the argument creeped me out"

I went back an read it again. I'm sorry, but I saw nothing "creepy". Again, she's pointing out that a decision allowing women to end their pregnancies also protects their choice to continue them.

"First the unbirn. Then the old folks..Then its ags 60 ..50.........then its the handicapped and anyone else inconvenient."

Nonsense. Abortion was legal in this country when it was founded, and has actually been legal for more years here than it was illegal. Again, the "old folks", as well as the handicapped, are born, citizens, and have civil rights.

'Because of my own experience as a teen I can understand very well one woman in a dire position wanting a way out. Back then we had no birth control or knowledge.
I thank God there was no option..No roe..all was secret. Its a long story and I have told it beford. The thing is thru Gods mercy..I will get to spend mothers day with my son and his child. Even though I spent a lot of time heartbroken. I survivdd and so did he. Thank God."

You DID have a choice, and you made it. You CHOSE not to seek an illegal, dangerous abortion. Why you would wish an illegal, dangerous procedure on other women is beyond me. Women DESERVE the right to decide what happens within their own body, and they DESERVE safe medical procedures. Period.

"But the point of my post is I can understand desperation..I abhor using or advancing abortion as population control..its like my eyes just popped open No wonder the PC environmentalist polititions..especially the ones who but carbon credits so others can conserve whike they use private jets DO NOTHING TO MAKS ABORTION RARE.."

No one here is advancing abortion as population control. Pointing out that forcing 1 million more births per year will negatively affect our country, is NOT the same thing as advocating abortions be forced. And it is NOWHERE near advocating that the born be killed off.

What is being advocated, is that each and every pregnant woman be allowed to make her own choice, regarding her own uterus, based upon her own circumstances and moral code, and without interference from anyone who think they know those better than she does.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent NCAA Basketball Discussions

Search the NCAA Basketball Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 7 min PDUPONT 1,082,429
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 3 hr Bruin For Life 26,705
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 5 hr Rosa_Winkel 224,390
loan offer with low interest 9 hr Pastor james 1
Carmelo Anthony, Wes Johnson, Dion Waiters faci... Sun engd 2
herbal cure for HIV aids and cancer contact san... (Jun '13) Jul 26 Towolawi abdullahi 21
How to recover lost data from iPhone/iPad/iPod- (Jan '14) Jul 24 jessirinneyswift 9
•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••