Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday 307,122
Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision. Full Story

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#293860 Apr 27, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok -I was for abortion rights, even though I don't know why, other then maybe wanting it to be an open.option in case "I" wanted to use it, no not for me, but for whomever was with me.
Make me hippocrite? Maybe, but my change came from within -not somethimg "I" chose to start believing one day.
Without my.God experience I would still believe as I did before, only be more firm in that old way of thinking.
Only one thing has changed in my life.
He that hath the Son hath life -he that hath not the Son of God, hath not life.
Yea, they are dead, though they live :(
I don't think it's about "abortion rights" but just rights, and freedom. You had a "God experience" but do you now expect everyone to live by your rules and experiences? I don't think so...you can only make decisions about your life, and you have to give others the same option.

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#293861 Apr 27, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>It's quite entertaining, and basically involves Jesus having had a pet dinosaur. Oh, and there's something about bananas being proof against evolution in there too...but by the time I got to the Jesus's dinosaur thing, I was laughing to hard to continue reading....
Scientology makes more sense than Hovind.
Oh, I have to read this now.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#293862 Apr 27, 2013
Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
A very interesting reply, and I thank you for the time it took, but I must disagree on several points. First, plants and animals grew bigger because there was a much greater oxygen percentage in the air at that time. Second, evolution is not about one species changing into another but rather each species improving and adapting through natural selection. As you must know there are fossils that show this process and clearly prove there were earlier versions of many species.
Also, we have something known as human vestigiality, or organs and body parts that no longer serve a purpose. For example; the appendix, tailbone (coccyx) and wisdom teeth.
I'm not familiar with the "hovind theory" and will have to look it up.
Kent Hovind is a whackjob, who's a scam artist that preys on idiots like Gtown. Hes a "young earth creationist" who's aims is to convince his VERY few followers to reject theories of evolution, geophysics, and cosmology in favor of his interpretation of the Genesis creation narrative from the Bible.

He's in jail for 10 years under over 56 seperate counts, including tax fraud. He's also a conspiracy theorist, and believes (supposedly) that the government was behind the Oklahoma City bombing as well as 9/11. He calls himself a DR., even tho he doesn't have an MD OR a PHD.

The nutball is "famous" for his $250,000 reward challange to anyone that could debunk his "theories", and when someone DID, he sued them.

And lost.

Is there any real wonder what kind of a deluded fool Gtown is that he thinks Hovind is someone to be taken seriously?

Location hidden

#293863 Apr 27, 2013
rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
So for the good of the planet or whatever abortion is a good thing..next comes getting rid of gramma (thats my generation) on an iceflo.. life should be held sacred or we all lose our rights to life..but then again maybe that is the idea. All this death committee stuff.
anyway that is not my reason for being prolife..I have been for decades...
I hope I personally never in a pisition to be vegetative. And I believe in DNRs as long as they do not become the norm for the convenience of others and population control.
Not the topic but older people have worked hard all of their luves..paid taxes and Social Security. For decades..and yet some people see them as just a drain on the system. It is a sad state of affairs but ghe inevitable follow up to what you are talking about..abortion as good for populaion control..when one set of lives becomes expendable it is only a matter of time where others are .
Is this what you want for your daughters and granddaughters.
@@ This is some of the most overdramatic bullshit I've ever heard.

Location hidden

#293864 Apr 27, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Human beings were never meant to live as long as we do. We circumvent nature to do so. Daily. Yet when a woman doesn't want to remain pregnant, and uses available medical procedures, suddenly circumventing nature is a bad thing. Why is that?
There is nothing wrong with acknowledging that the world's population is growing too much, and worrying about how the world will sustain life at all if the population grows too much more.
Holding life to be sacred does not preclude taking life. If it did, we wouldn't be able to take antibiotics, or even eat. I know, you mean human life only, but even there, we wouldn't be able to defend ourselves, our loved ones, our communities from criminals, or our country. Personally, I hold all life to be sacred, humans no more than any other life.
"Grandma", being a born person, has civil rights. A fetus does not, and is in no way comparable to a person who has civil rights, AND who has actually lived a life with experiences, thoughts, sensation and emotions.
WELL SAID Bit! Thank you!

Not that the nuts will listen....

Location hidden

#293865 Apr 27, 2013
rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
To repeat something in my last post..the Chinese have great population control..the next step IS FORCED abortion..killing off tge old getting rid of tge handicapped etc
It is a slippery slope that we have been on since Roe.
What COMPLETE AND UTTER NONSENSE.

Roe has NOTHING to do with "killing off the old or handicapped". Zero. Zip. Zilch. Nada.

This is the kind of bullshit thinking that keeps you and others like you on the fringe not only of society, but of sanity.

Location hidden

#293866 Apr 27, 2013
Susanm wrote:
<quoted text>
Like I said, the NAF is just a "good old boy" orgnization for abortionists.
Maybe, but the NAF has nothing to do with laws, regulations or fullfillment OF those laws and regulations. Period. Your beating the wrong horse.

I'm going to watch the Anderson Cooper vid you posted today!
Chick Brilliance Returns

New Fairfield, CT

#293867 Apr 27, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
I wasn't speaking about population control.
I was speaking of the imbalance you wish to heap upon the citizens of this country. Bitner touched on it above.
None of these things you worry about -- "first the babies, then the old..." -- will be an issue if every single individual continues to make their individual medical decisions without interference by the gov't, the clergy, or nosy parkers who think they mean well.
Really, you might want to watch what you wish for... your fears could be met by self-fulfilling prophecy.
Katie, you are so patient. Talking to that one is a lot like talking to a stubborn, know it all, and now obviously Faux News brainwashed, four year old. I just scroll on by until I see your answers.:).

Glad to see you all still have this covered! You pro-choicers are all brilliant!

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#293868 Apr 27, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
WELL SAID Bit! Thank you!
Not that the nuts will listen....
Given that she responded with a claim that humans used to live much longer than we do now, and you just know she's basing it on the bible stories of Methuselah, et al, I doubt what I said will make any difference to any of them. You cannot reason with someone who is basing their entire worldview on their mythology.
Chick Brilliance Returns

New Fairfield, CT

#293869 Apr 27, 2013
rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
To repeat something in my last post..the Chinese have great population control..the next step IS FORCED abortion..killing off tge old getting rid of tge handicapped etc
It is a slippery slope that we have been on since Roe.
Yes because of all of those old and handicapped people we've killed off in droves in the FORTY YEARS since Roe v Wade.

Does Fact or Reality mean anything to you Rose?

Why do you prefer to dwell on paranoid, non existent BS? If you don't like Roe or abortion, fine but why pretend it means it might, maybe, could, oh dear, WILL lead to aborting born people? Such silly hysteria.
Chick Brilliance Returns

New Fairfield, CT

#293870 Apr 27, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
What COMPLETE AND UTTER NONSENSE.
Roe has NOTHING to do with "killing off the old or handicapped". Zero. Zip. Zilch. Nada.
This is the kind of bullshit thinking that keeps you and others like you on the fringe not only of society, but of sanity.
Lol. Should have read ahead.:)

Location hidden

#293871 Apr 27, 2013
Chick Brilliance Returns wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol. Should have read ahead.:)
Its truly frightening to think that some idiots actually BELIEVE this shit!

Nice to see you girl!

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#293872 Apr 27, 2013
rosesz wrote:
Pardon the mispellings worse than usual..havs to get a grip..but this device doesnt help. I see my finger hit the correct keys but like all my h s come out as g s. And it skips letters. Plus I am a bad typist..and this keyboard is sensitive and then rewrites words. Wish I could gef an IPad. But I woulx probably still mess up. Thanks for your patience all.
Technology can be wonderful, but is often frustrating. I sympathize with you on this, and have no intention of berating or mocking you for it. Those teeny little keyboards are a real pain!!

And I offer an apology, R, for having seemed dismissive of your feelings on abortion. I understand why you're so passionate, about it not being as rare as all of us would LIKE it to be. Prevention is ALWAYS better than having to find a remedy, for any unfavorable circumstance, including unintended pregnancy.

I could wish that more young women were not routinely advised to 'just say no' without explanation, and most of all, examples, of WHY they should. It's not JUST about pregnancy; it's mostly about self-respect. There doesn't seem to be a great deal of that in our teen-girl population. I think the lack of self-respect is more of a problem than the purveyors of strict celibacy and consistent abstinence are willing to admit.

And a great deal of that, in my opinion, stems from the narrow definitions of 'attractive','worthy', and 'pleasing' we give them, with the commercialization of beauty and sex. Our society is conditioning females from toddlerhood, to define themselves by whether or not men find them to be any of those things...and if not, we tell them, they must "change" in an effort to mold themselves to the societal ideal. It's brutality, in my opinion, and points out our communal hypocrisy as well, since men are societally conditioned to take whatever they want from life, and anyone else be damned.

There are just so many things you seem to overlook, in condemnation of women's choices to terminate a pregnancy, that I've become a bit frustrated myself, on numerous occasions, with your posts.

I will try to do better - but I simply cannot agree that outlawing abortion is the answer. I truly believe that declaring reproductive choices as the responsibility of the woman involved, is the only way to approach the subject with any moral ground to stand on.
anon

El Paso, TX

#293873 Apr 27, 2013
Test...

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#293874 Apr 27, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Kent Hovind is a whackjob, who's a scam artist that preys on idiots like Gtown. Hes a "young earth creationist" who's aims is to convince his VERY few followers to reject theories of evolution, geophysics, and cosmology in favor of his interpretation of the Genesis creation narrative from the Bible.
He's in jail for 10 years under over 56 seperate counts, including tax fraud. He's also a conspiracy theorist, and believes (supposedly) that the government was behind the Oklahoma City bombing as well as 9/11. He calls himself a DR., even tho he doesn't have an MD OR a PHD.
The nutball is "famous" for his $250,000 reward challange to anyone that could debunk his "theories", and when someone DID, he sued them.
And lost.
Is there any real wonder what kind of a deluded fool Gtown is that he thinks Hovind is someone to be taken seriously?
Oookkaaaayyy....this guy is probably not someone I would trust. Thanks for the background info.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#293875 Apr 27, 2013
Susanm wrote:
<quoted text>
Because he wasn't doing LEGAL abortions, hon.
He's been indicted on the illegal ones... and I'm quite certain the LEGAL abortions he DID do, weren't mentioned in his indictment.

You are claiming they should have been - why?

You cannot seriously be this thick, and have survived adolescence.
Chick Brilliance Returns

New Fairfield, CT

#293876 Apr 27, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>He's been indicted on the illegal ones... and I'm quite certain the LEGAL abortions he DID do, weren't mentioned in his indictment.
You are claiming they should have been - why?
You cannot seriously be this thick, and have survived adolescence.
Sue does not answer or defend her claims. She simply issues another idiotic non-point. She knows she has no rational arguments. If she thought she did, she could support her claims with something other that "he wasn't doing legal abortions" when he obviously was. If you try to pin her down she gets vicious and starts name calling. It's pathetic.
Chick Brilliance Returns

New Fairfield, CT

#293877 Apr 27, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Its truly frightening to think that some idiots actually BELIEVE this shit!
Nice to see you girl!
You too, Foo.

I tried discussing w Rose a long time ago. It's as productive as banging your head on a wall.
rosesz

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#293878 Apr 27, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
As I said, of course our equality is based upon more than that. How does that mean it shouldn't INCLUDE the right to make one's own medical decisions?
By the way, Sanger was ONE of those feminists, and she promoted birth control BECAUSE she saw what having no choice but to have child after child did to her mother's health. Sanger was AGAINST abortion, too, a fact that far too many on your side of the argument like to ignore.
Hmm I didnt know that about Sanger. Interesting..
But it shows tgat many of tge womdn of my generatio fought hard in our lives And lived them in hard ways to give our kids a better lifd. But I feel sad that the world I am going to leave behind for them has this culture of frankly death of their offspring.
I know of a woman..a professional. Had 2 kids and got pregnant again..not on purpose. Kind of astrain on their lives as her boys were young. Some early test of tge baby showed he might have Downs..some protein maybe..not sure. So herd was an kncinvenient child..possibly abnormal..This yuoung lady had research on Downs in droves by the time you could sneeze and an absolute determination to have her baby..Thank God for her and I am so proud. Her baby was born and was normal. Going thru the terrible 3s but lol normal. I thank God for him and for her bravery and faith.
In another household this child might have been done away with as soon as an abnormal test was done or even at the news she was pregnant. And yes I know that was her choice. But too many babies arsxwhisked away bg abortion..today and this does affect our cukturdle. It has to.
Katie

Seattle, WA

#293879 Apr 27, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
"I know legally they dont..but the post I answered was chilling in its reas."
The other poster is right. The other side of the coin of forced continued gestation is forced abortion. Why is it "chilling" to point out that forcing nearly 1 million more births, in this country alone, would be a bad thing?
"AS for life expectancy..a long time ago it was a lot longer than now."
No, it was not. It was much, much shorter.
"The Chinese today use population control to force abortions and have a one child policy."
Only in urban areas, and only for couples who are not ethnic minorities, and not for couples who are each an only child themselves. And even then you have it backward; they have a one-child policy for the purposes of population control, and use forced abortions as per my last sentence to reach that goal.
"As I say the poster and the argument creeped me out"
I went back an read it again. I'm sorry, but I saw nothing "creepy". Again, she's pointing out that a decision allowing women to end their pregnancies also protects their choice to continue them.
"First the unbirn. Then the old folks..Then its ags 60 ..50.........then its the handicapped and anyone else inconvenient."
Nonsense. Abortion was legal in this country when it was founded, and has actually been legal for more years here than it was illegal. Again, the "old folks", as well as the handicapped, are born, citizens, and have civil rights.
'Because of my own experience as a teen I can understand very well one woman in a dire position wanting a way out. Back then we had no birth control or knowledge.
I thank God there was no option..No roe..all was secret. Its a long story and I have told it beford. The thing is thru Gods mercy..I will get to spend mothers day with my son and his child. Even though I spent a lot of time heartbroken. I survivdd and so did he. Thank God."
You DID have a choice, and you made it. You CHOSE not to seek an illegal, dangerous abortion. Why you would wish an illegal, dangerous procedure on other women is beyond me. Women DESERVE the right to decide what happens within their own body, and they DESERVE safe medical procedures. Period.
"But the point of my post is I can understand desperation..I abhor using or advancing abortion as population control..its like my eyes just popped open No wonder the PC environmentalist polititions..especially the ones who but carbon credits so others can conserve whike they use private jets DO NOTHING TO MAKS ABORTION RARE.."
No one here is advancing abortion as population control. Pointing out that forcing 1 million more births per year will negatively affect our country, is NOT the same thing as advocating abortions be forced. And it is NOWHERE near advocating that the born be killed off.
What is being advocated, is that each and every pregnant woman be allowed to make her own choice, regarding her own uterus, based upon her own circumstances and moral code, and without interference from anyone who think they know those better than she does.
Exactly! You said better than I could, thanks :)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 10 min Portlandia 1,156,367
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 15 min Eagle 12 233,208
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 2 hr Trojan 28,501
What role do you think humans play in global wa... 3 hr litesong 2,743
How to Recover Deleted or lost Contacts from Sa... 17 hr yinefsfgd 3
Should child beauty pageants be banned? Fri zubedaanur 693
UConn vs. Duke Monday night 9pm ESPN2 Dec 25 ivyawe 1
More from around the web