Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 310175 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#293868 Apr 27, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
WELL SAID Bit! Thank you!
Not that the nuts will listen....
Given that she responded with a claim that humans used to live much longer than we do now, and you just know she's basing it on the bible stories of Methuselah, et al, I doubt what I said will make any difference to any of them. You cannot reason with someone who is basing their entire worldview on their mythology.
Chick Brilliance Returns

New Fairfield, CT

#293869 Apr 27, 2013
rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
To repeat something in my last post..the Chinese have great population control..the next step IS FORCED abortion..killing off tge old getting rid of tge handicapped etc
It is a slippery slope that we have been on since Roe.
Yes because of all of those old and handicapped people we've killed off in droves in the FORTY YEARS since Roe v Wade.

Does Fact or Reality mean anything to you Rose?

Why do you prefer to dwell on paranoid, non existent BS? If you don't like Roe or abortion, fine but why pretend it means it might, maybe, could, oh dear, WILL lead to aborting born people? Such silly hysteria.
Chick Brilliance Returns

New Fairfield, CT

#293870 Apr 27, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
What COMPLETE AND UTTER NONSENSE.
Roe has NOTHING to do with "killing off the old or handicapped". Zero. Zip. Zilch. Nada.
This is the kind of bullshit thinking that keeps you and others like you on the fringe not only of society, but of sanity.
Lol. Should have read ahead.:)

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#293871 Apr 27, 2013
Chick Brilliance Returns wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol. Should have read ahead.:)
Its truly frightening to think that some idiots actually BELIEVE this shit!

Nice to see you girl!

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#293872 Apr 27, 2013
rosesz wrote:
Pardon the mispellings worse than usual..havs to get a grip..but this device doesnt help. I see my finger hit the correct keys but like all my h s come out as g s. And it skips letters. Plus I am a bad typist..and this keyboard is sensitive and then rewrites words. Wish I could gef an IPad. But I woulx probably still mess up. Thanks for your patience all.
Technology can be wonderful, but is often frustrating. I sympathize with you on this, and have no intention of berating or mocking you for it. Those teeny little keyboards are a real pain!!

And I offer an apology, R, for having seemed dismissive of your feelings on abortion. I understand why you're so passionate, about it not being as rare as all of us would LIKE it to be. Prevention is ALWAYS better than having to find a remedy, for any unfavorable circumstance, including unintended pregnancy.

I could wish that more young women were not routinely advised to 'just say no' without explanation, and most of all, examples, of WHY they should. It's not JUST about pregnancy; it's mostly about self-respect. There doesn't seem to be a great deal of that in our teen-girl population. I think the lack of self-respect is more of a problem than the purveyors of strict celibacy and consistent abstinence are willing to admit.

And a great deal of that, in my opinion, stems from the narrow definitions of 'attractive','worthy', and 'pleasing' we give them, with the commercialization of beauty and sex. Our society is conditioning females from toddlerhood, to define themselves by whether or not men find them to be any of those things...and if not, we tell them, they must "change" in an effort to mold themselves to the societal ideal. It's brutality, in my opinion, and points out our communal hypocrisy as well, since men are societally conditioned to take whatever they want from life, and anyone else be damned.

There are just so many things you seem to overlook, in condemnation of women's choices to terminate a pregnancy, that I've become a bit frustrated myself, on numerous occasions, with your posts.

I will try to do better - but I simply cannot agree that outlawing abortion is the answer. I truly believe that declaring reproductive choices as the responsibility of the woman involved, is the only way to approach the subject with any moral ground to stand on.
anon

El Paso, TX

#293873 Apr 27, 2013
Test...

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#293874 Apr 27, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Kent Hovind is a whackjob, who's a scam artist that preys on idiots like Gtown. Hes a "young earth creationist" who's aims is to convince his VERY few followers to reject theories of evolution, geophysics, and cosmology in favor of his interpretation of the Genesis creation narrative from the Bible.
He's in jail for 10 years under over 56 seperate counts, including tax fraud. He's also a conspiracy theorist, and believes (supposedly) that the government was behind the Oklahoma City bombing as well as 9/11. He calls himself a DR., even tho he doesn't have an MD OR a PHD.
The nutball is "famous" for his $250,000 reward challange to anyone that could debunk his "theories", and when someone DID, he sued them.
And lost.
Is there any real wonder what kind of a deluded fool Gtown is that he thinks Hovind is someone to be taken seriously?
Oookkaaaayyy....this guy is probably not someone I would trust. Thanks for the background info.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#293875 Apr 27, 2013
Susanm wrote:
<quoted text>
Because he wasn't doing LEGAL abortions, hon.
He's been indicted on the illegal ones... and I'm quite certain the LEGAL abortions he DID do, weren't mentioned in his indictment.

You are claiming they should have been - why?

You cannot seriously be this thick, and have survived adolescence.
Chick Brilliance Returns

New Fairfield, CT

#293876 Apr 27, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>He's been indicted on the illegal ones... and I'm quite certain the LEGAL abortions he DID do, weren't mentioned in his indictment.
You are claiming they should have been - why?
You cannot seriously be this thick, and have survived adolescence.
Sue does not answer or defend her claims. She simply issues another idiotic non-point. She knows she has no rational arguments. If she thought she did, she could support her claims with something other that "he wasn't doing legal abortions" when he obviously was. If you try to pin her down she gets vicious and starts name calling. It's pathetic.
Chick Brilliance Returns

New Fairfield, CT

#293877 Apr 27, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Its truly frightening to think that some idiots actually BELIEVE this shit!
Nice to see you girl!
You too, Foo.

I tried discussing w Rose a long time ago. It's as productive as banging your head on a wall.
rosesz

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#293878 Apr 27, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
As I said, of course our equality is based upon more than that. How does that mean it shouldn't INCLUDE the right to make one's own medical decisions?
By the way, Sanger was ONE of those feminists, and she promoted birth control BECAUSE she saw what having no choice but to have child after child did to her mother's health. Sanger was AGAINST abortion, too, a fact that far too many on your side of the argument like to ignore.
Hmm I didnt know that about Sanger. Interesting..
But it shows tgat many of tge womdn of my generatio fought hard in our lives And lived them in hard ways to give our kids a better lifd. But I feel sad that the world I am going to leave behind for them has this culture of frankly death of their offspring.
I know of a woman..a professional. Had 2 kids and got pregnant again..not on purpose. Kind of astrain on their lives as her boys were young. Some early test of tge baby showed he might have Downs..some protein maybe..not sure. So herd was an kncinvenient child..possibly abnormal..This yuoung lady had research on Downs in droves by the time you could sneeze and an absolute determination to have her baby..Thank God for her and I am so proud. Her baby was born and was normal. Going thru the terrible 3s but lol normal. I thank God for him and for her bravery and faith.
In another household this child might have been done away with as soon as an abnormal test was done or even at the news she was pregnant. And yes I know that was her choice. But too many babies arsxwhisked away bg abortion..today and this does affect our cukturdle. It has to.
Katie

Seattle, WA

#293879 Apr 27, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
"I know legally they dont..but the post I answered was chilling in its reas."
The other poster is right. The other side of the coin of forced continued gestation is forced abortion. Why is it "chilling" to point out that forcing nearly 1 million more births, in this country alone, would be a bad thing?
"AS for life expectancy..a long time ago it was a lot longer than now."
No, it was not. It was much, much shorter.
"The Chinese today use population control to force abortions and have a one child policy."
Only in urban areas, and only for couples who are not ethnic minorities, and not for couples who are each an only child themselves. And even then you have it backward; they have a one-child policy for the purposes of population control, and use forced abortions as per my last sentence to reach that goal.
"As I say the poster and the argument creeped me out"
I went back an read it again. I'm sorry, but I saw nothing "creepy". Again, she's pointing out that a decision allowing women to end their pregnancies also protects their choice to continue them.
"First the unbirn. Then the old folks..Then its ags 60 ..50.........then its the handicapped and anyone else inconvenient."
Nonsense. Abortion was legal in this country when it was founded, and has actually been legal for more years here than it was illegal. Again, the "old folks", as well as the handicapped, are born, citizens, and have civil rights.
'Because of my own experience as a teen I can understand very well one woman in a dire position wanting a way out. Back then we had no birth control or knowledge.
I thank God there was no option..No roe..all was secret. Its a long story and I have told it beford. The thing is thru Gods mercy..I will get to spend mothers day with my son and his child. Even though I spent a lot of time heartbroken. I survivdd and so did he. Thank God."
You DID have a choice, and you made it. You CHOSE not to seek an illegal, dangerous abortion. Why you would wish an illegal, dangerous procedure on other women is beyond me. Women DESERVE the right to decide what happens within their own body, and they DESERVE safe medical procedures. Period.
"But the point of my post is I can understand desperation..I abhor using or advancing abortion as population control..its like my eyes just popped open No wonder the PC environmentalist polititions..especially the ones who but carbon credits so others can conserve whike they use private jets DO NOTHING TO MAKS ABORTION RARE.."
No one here is advancing abortion as population control. Pointing out that forcing 1 million more births per year will negatively affect our country, is NOT the same thing as advocating abortions be forced. And it is NOWHERE near advocating that the born be killed off.
What is being advocated, is that each and every pregnant woman be allowed to make her own choice, regarding her own uterus, based upon her own circumstances and moral code, and without interference from anyone who think they know those better than she does.
Exactly! You said better than I could, thanks :)
Katie

Seattle, WA

#293880 Apr 27, 2013
Chick Brilliance Returns wrote:
<quoted text>
Katie, you are so patient. Talking to that one is a lot like talking to a stubborn, know it all, and now obviously Faux News brainwashed, four year old. I just scroll on by until I see your answers.:).
Glad to see you all still have this covered! You pro-choicers are all brilliant!
Hi Chicky! I've missed you :)

One of the trolls has too, but will not admit it. You'll see 'em soon enough, I'd bet.

Have a busy morning today, but should be around afternoon time. Hope you are, too. Oh, loved how you treated k&p yesterday... That girl is just batsh*t!!
rosesz

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#293881 Apr 27, 2013
Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
The answers to those questions just may be evolution. It makes more sense than the idea that they are tests from a deity. Or the mysteries of a deity.
BTW, I'm working through the book of John, but I'm not getting answers. Perhaps you had specific chapters and verses in mind?
The answer to all of history and the future is in John 3:16. And for context ..the verses near it. FOR God so loved the world ..He gave His only begotten Son ...that we may not perish. All of the Old testament prophecies tell of tge Messiah. Isaih speaks of His suffering. He was given the only perfdct sacrifice for sin..fully human but fully divine.

The answers to your evolution theory however can be found in Genesis.a lot easier to believe than we once were a burst of energy...then crawled out of the sea....became chimps or whatever ..and then became men. God breathed life into the first man..new tests I read somewhere show we all have common mitichondral
DNA..Humans do that is. ITcame from Eve the created woman.
rosesz

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#293882 Apr 27, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Kent Hovind is a whackjob, who's a scam artist that preys on idiots like Gtown. Hes a "young earth creationist" who's aims is to convince his VERY few followers to reject theories of evolution, geophysics, and cosmology in favor of his interpretation of the Genesis creation narrative from the Bible.
He's in jail for 10 years under over 56 seperate counts, including tax fraud. He's also a conspiracy theorist, and believes (supposedly) that the government was behind the Oklahoma City bombing as well as 9/11. He calls himself a DR., even tho he doesn't have an MD OR a PHD.
The nutball is "famous" for his $250,000 reward challange to anyone that could debunk his "theories", and when someone DID, he sued them.
And lost.
Is there any real wonder what kind of a deluded fool Gtown is that he thinks Hovind is someone to be taken seriously?
From what little is said about Hovinds theories......including Gtown who said he did not believe in it all and that the man was a crook..i think he has taken great liberties with Genesis. For sure. Could be an educated fool.or a scam artist..just goes to show that all humans on every side of every belief are not perfect..sounds like he took things a bit far off track to me.

I dont think Gtown is deluded in his beliefs.. i think I would have looked elsewhere for answers about genesis..but that is me and asxI read it G did not swallow Hovind hook line and sinker
rosesz

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#293883 Apr 27, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
What COMPLETE AND UTTER NONSENSE.
Roe has NOTHING to do with "killing off the old or handicapped". Zero. Zip. Zilch. Nada.
This is the kind of bullshit thinking that keeps you and others like you on the fringe not only of society, but of sanity.
Slippery slope ...for many reasons..oh wait I am due for my death talk with my doc as provided for under tge new healthcadd directives..or is that next year..seriously..what person does not have a talk with his doc about many things..after all I am old.
Katie

Seattle, WA

#293884 Apr 27, 2013
rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
And she had 2.. thinking she should have figured this all out sooner.
On the subject of birth control. I know its not infallible. I just also know that decisions ending another human life..one we are responsible for cannot bring out thh
e best in womanhood.. I am with you on the ligations tho women can regret them.. but that decision only affects the woman..not a child within her womb. Hard to believe she cant find a different doc to do it..
And while I as I do partly for spiritual reasons as we are ending the life of a child of God.
I also feel this as a woman who would rather see our equality come from a different kind of progress than killing off our offspring.
I do thank God that choice was NOT available when I was a kid..
I am not sure that all of the pioneers who gave so much to the womens movement envisioned 800 little lives ended as a sign that we had ARRIVED.
Nor seeing our grandkids hooking up in middle school for that matter and winding up at abortion clinics...with maybe mom never the wiser Such a callous outlook both tge HOOKING UP and the abortion..and at such a young age.
.SIghs big time.
Hmmm You and SassyJM seem to have the same issues regarding the same issues. It's too bad she's not posting right now because I think the two of you would really hit it off due to all you seem to have in common.... You guys, yes you guys, seem to write similarly, too.
iryw

Malvern, PA

#293885 Apr 27, 2013
rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
The answers to your evolution theory however can be found in Genesis..
Do you even know what a scientific theory is? Evolution is an observed fact. The theory offers the overarching framework for explaining how it happens. But the fact that it happens is not in dispute.
rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
a lot easier to believe than we once were a burst of energy...
Is this supposed to be your interpretation of the BBT? LOL
rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
..then crawled out of the sea.....
Humans didn't crawl out of the sea. Our ancestors did. This is well documented. Look up Tiktaalik.
rosesz wrote:
<...became chimps or whatever ..and then became men..
We never became chimps. Chimps are our closest relatives and it is a fact that we share a common ancestor with chimps. Look up human chromosome #2.
rosesz wrote:
<... I read somewhere show we all have common mitichondral
DNA..Humans do that is. ITcame from Eve the created woman.
So if there is a piece of DNA research that fits your view of biblical creation then you accept it. But if research based on the same properties of DNA proves we have common ancestors with chimps you reject it. Interesting. YOu have just admitted that you have no interest in the validity of actual research; you just look for anything that makes you feel good about your silly beliefs.
rosesz

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#293886 Apr 27, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>Technology can be wonderful, but is often frustrating. I sympathize with you on this, and have no intention of berating or mocking you for it. Those teeny little keyboards are a real pain!!
And I offer an apology, R, for having seemed dismissive of your feelings on abortion. I understand why you're so passionate, about it not being as rare as all of us would LIKE it to be. Prevention is ALWAYS better than having to find a remedy, for any unfavorable circumstance, including unintended pregnancy.
I could wish that more young women were not routinely advised to 'just say no' without explanation, and most of all, examples, of WHY they should. It's not JUST about pregnancy; it's mostly about self-respect. There doesn't seem to be a great deal of that in our teen-girl population. I think the lack of self-respect is more of a problem than the purveyors of strict celibacy and consistent abstinence are willing to admit.
And a great deal of that, in my opinion, stems from the narrow definitions of 'attractive','worthy', and 'pleasing' we give them, with the commercialization of beauty and sex. Our society is conditioning females from toddlerhood, to define themselves by whether or not men find them to be any of those things...and if not, we tell them, they must "change" in an effort to mold themselves to the societal ideal. It's brutality, in my opinion, and points out our communal hypocrisy as well, since men are societally conditioned to take whatever they want from life, and anyone else be damned.
There are just so many things you seem to overlook, in condemnation of women's choices to terminate a pregnancy, that I've become a bit frustrated myself, on numerous occasions, with your posts.
I will try to do better - but I simply cannot agree that outlawing abortion is the answer. I truly believe that declaring reproductive choices as the responsibility of the woman involved, is the only way to approach the subject with any moral ground to stand on.
I yhank you so much for that post and agree with much of it. We are as a society really skewing yojng women and men. Its like we are a twitter society seeking only to be famous or infamous on youtube.
I think the dependence on abortion instead of foresight adds to this.
BUT I Do know that Roe is law. I just pray that some sense will come into all of this mess.

Our bodies were created with the ability to have children. knowledge and science..all of which was non existent in my generation can keep that from hapoening...so often..
And then there is personal self respect vs the hook up generation. We all especially me ..fall short..but we now have prevention that should supercede this culture of death to the baby od call it a fetus..it is still the fruit of our loins. I dont condemn women and girls who get into trouble. I would be a super hypocrite...but I can hope and pray it becomes rarer that it is so.

Again thank you for your respect
rosesz

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#293887 Apr 27, 2013
iryw wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you even know what a scientific theory is? Evolution is an observed fact. The theory offers the overarching framework for explaining how it happens. But the fact that it happens is not in dispute.
<quoted text>
Is this supposed to be your interpretation of the BBT? LOL
<quoted text>
Humans didn't crawl out of the sea. Our ancestors did. This is well documented. Look up Tiktaalik.
<quoted text>
We never became chimps. Chimps are our closest relatives and it is a fact that we share a common ancestor with chimps. Look up human chromosome #2.
<quoted text>
So if there is a piece of DNA research that fits your view of biblical creation then you accept it. But if research based on the same properties of DNA proves we have common ancestors with chimps you reject it. Interesting. YOu have just admitted that you have no interest in the validity of actual research; you just look for anything that makes you feel good about your silly beliefs.
THE burst of energy came from some poster trying to explain BBT..

THERE is no evidence tgat man had any ancestor other than man..no missing link. He was created man.

You are treating your scientific supposedly beliefs as a religion..when there are scientists with other theorys. THEORIES not fact.

I believe thru faith in God for sure and His word the bible. I admit it. BUT you have the same kind of faith in tgeories which keep changing every few decades or days..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 11 min thetruth 243,142
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 22 min shinningelectr0n 1,250,634
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 44 min ritedownthemiddle 6,218
News Giddens Leads New Mexico Over UNLV, 59-45 (Mar '08) 1 hr Manuel L 23
The Email Address Debacle: Did Hillary Do Somet... 7 hr Brian_G 1,625
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Tue KeS 201,822
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) Jun 29 tom wingo 29,826
More from around the web