Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Comments (Page 13,800)

Showing posts 275,981 - 276,000 of304,934
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Feb 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2013

Judged:

AyakaNeo wrote:
<quoted text>Especially in Pennsylvania. You had a PL governor in office when the complaints started coming in. PA abortion rates were higher when Casey was in office
1)The complaints wouldn't have gone to the governor.
2)Casey didn't stop the inspections of abortion "clinics".

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2013

Judged:

First, you'd have to prove souls exist. Good luck with that.

I can't prove you wrong, just as you can't prove that hercules didn't ascend olympus after his body died. But then, I don't have to--you have to prove yorself right.

Just because someone says heaven exists isn't proof that heaven exists.
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
To the outer man yes, I'll even go a step further, we start to decay before death. You've been dying more and more since the day you were born.
The soul is what either goes to Heaven or Hell, and you cannot prove me wrong. Plus if Heaven and Hell are real "and I say they are ",then they would be real, regaurdless if one believes in them or not, right?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2013

Judged:

cpeter1313 wrote:
The NAF has no legal duty to report ANYTHING. You can't charge them for something they don't have to do to begin with.
<quoted text>
The NAF is just a "good ol boy" network for abortionists, they really don't give a damn about women.

Indianapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2013

Judged:

No, the subpoena would have to have a limited scope. You could send a subpoena for all cases of fetal anomalies involving abortion, but nt "any and all files."
Susanm wrote:
<quoted text>
Again for the slower: The Grand Jury, during their investigation, could have looked at any and/or all of the records that Gosnell had, had he done abortions for fetal anomalies it would/should have been part of the records. Get a grip.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2013

not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>The Grand
Jury UNDOUBTEDLY looked at the records it requested...and charged Gosnell accordingly.
They don't have to, and aren't likely to, divulge those records to the public.
The Grand Jury Report is not a confessional, or a pulp novel. It's a report of with what, and under what laws, they charged this guy.
Yup, and nowhere is there a mention of Gosnell doing late-term abortions for any kind of fetal anomalies.
rosesz

Pompano Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2013

Judged:

not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>The right to have an abortion is NOT a 'call' for you to have one.
That seems to be a major stumbling block to your understanding of the right to choose.
I have a right to bungee jump, drive a car, take Prozac, eat squirrel, raise llamas, grow kohlrabi, keep an altar to Bhat in my kitchen - but I don't do any of those things, and I've never once felt 'called' to, simply because any or all of them are within my rights.
And truly, whether or not the right to life of a fetus is recognized by law, the Constitution prohibits citizens from having to give up an organ for someone else's survival. Uteri included.
So far, the Supreme Court agrees - and if it reverses that judgment, the right to give a kidney to anyone whose blood type matches yours, may become an obligation.
You ready for that?
I'm not.
Sacrificing 9 months so that the child you helped create can live is not losing your uterus. Its bekng a mother.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2013

Judged:

cpeter1313 wrote:
You can have the best info in the world and still screw up. The pill, for instance--it has to be taken every day at the same time, and there's a long list of meds and foods that can make it ineffectual. Humans commit human errors.
Condoms? Did you (unlike most men) know that each brand and style of condom fits differently? Men need to try a wide variety in order to find the right one, because an ill-fitting condom doesn't protect very well. Many men don't even put them on until actual intercourse, meaning preseminal fluid--which can contain both sperm and microbes--can still impregnate/infect their partner.
Contraception use is more complex than most people understand.
<quoted text>
"You can have the best info in the world and still screw up."

Especially when:

1) 76% of pill users and 49% of condom users report having used their method inconsistently,
2) Forty-six percent of women who have abortions had not used a contraceptive method during the month they became pregnant.
3) Eight percent of women who have abortions have never used a method of birth control

http://www.guttmacher.org/pubs/fb_induced_abo...
:

Indianapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2013

Judged:

The NAF is a professional organization; they denied gosnell membership based on health code violations.

I can guarantee you that every hospital and clinic 20 years old or more has violations. It's not like the NAF saw womwn crawling down the hallway, triling fetus parts. They had nothing in particular to
report to egin with. The clinic simply didn't meet their standards.
Susanm wrote:
<quoted text>

The NAF is just a "good ol boy" network for abortionists, they really don't give a damn about women.

Indianapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2013

Judged:

Becoming a mother is a choice.
rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Sacrificing 9 months so that the child you helped create can live is not losing your uterus. Its bekng a mother.
rosesz

Pompano Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2013

Judged:

cpeter1313 wrote:
You can have the best info in the world and still screw up. The pill, for instance--it has to be taken every day at the same time, and there's a long list of meds and foods that can make it ineffectual. Humans commit human errors.
Condoms? Did you (unlike most men) know that each brand and style of condom fits differently? Men need to try a wide variety in order to find the right one, because an ill-fitting condom doesn't protect very well. Many men don't even put them on until actual intercourse, meaning preseminal fluid--which can contain both sperm and microbes--can still impregnate/infect their partner.
Contraception use is more complex than most people understand.
<quoted text>
I know nothing is 100 percent. It us just frustrating for skmeone who comes from a generation where we knew NOTHJNG about our bodies. It wss taboo. WE had no pill..and condoms were the exception I think lom. I never saw or heard of them til I was in my twenties

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2013

Judged:

cpeter1313 wrote:
No, the subpoena would have to have a limited scope. You could send a subpoena for all cases of fetal anomalies involving abortion, but nt "any and all files."
<quoted text>
Obviously they didn't see the need to to ask for all the files for all the cases of fetal anomalies, that's not why Gosnell was doing them.
rosesz

Pompano Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2013

Judged:

Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Your civil rights do not include you having the right "...to end the life of my own child..." That describes murder and is illegal.
Your civil rights do include your reproductive rights, though. And these allow you to accept or reject any unwanted/unhealthy medical condition. And since you claim, "...it is no longer my rights alone that are at stake..." I'd find it safe to assume you would be against abortion under any circumstances whatsoever. That's fine. Nobody in America will legally be able to force you to abort against your wishes. Even if you were pregnant and incapacitated, if you had a directive stating you'd wish to remain pregnant, then it would be so.
This is the other side of Roe v Wade that doesn't get as much air time as the abortion procedure. Civil rights to personal privacy and bodily autonomy also include the right to refuse treatment during an unhealthy pregnancy. To remain pregnant even against doctor's orders.
Wipe out Roe, you wipe that out, too. Something to think about...
So you are saying without Roe a doctir coukd force me to end my pregnancy. Idont remember anything like that before Roe. Women forced to abort. Advisdd to deliver early probably in life and death situations..but no one was pulling babies out against moms wishes.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2013

Judged:

cpeter1313 wrote:
The NAF is a professional organization; they denied gosnell membership based on health code violations.
I can guarantee you that every hospital and clinic 20 years old or more has violations. It's not like the NAF saw womwn crawling down the hallway, triling fetus parts. They had nothing in particular to
report to egin with. The clinic simply didn't meet their standards.
<quoted text>
"So too with the National Abortion Federation. NAF is an association of abortion
providers that upholds the strictest health and legal standards for its members. Gosnell,
bizarrely, applied for admission shortly after Karnamaya Mongarís death. Despite his
various efforts to fool her, the evaluator from NAF readily noted that records were not
properly kept, that risks were not explained, that patients were not monitored, that
equipment was not available, that anesthesia was misused. It was the worst abortion
clinic she had ever inspected. Of course, she rejected Gosnellís application. She just never told anyone in authority about all the horrible, dangerous things she had seen."

http://www.phila.gov/districtattorney/PDFs/Gr...
Katie

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2013

Judged:

Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes I don't expect things to get better either. They will not, and it is one woman at a time making a choice.
It does not shock me, that sooo many choose to have an abortion, nor that sooo many are all in for helping them make that choice, as easy as possible, BUT it does sadden me.:(
What do you mean by "so many"?

There are over 4M live births a year in the USA.
There are about 800K induced abortions.

Four million live births.
Eight hundred thousand terminations.

Four million...
Eight hundred thousand...

rosesz

Pompano Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2013

Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't remember a Karen, but other than that, you got it right.
Yes, the memory is the first thing to go. Of the mind, that is. Physically, I think it's the joints :)
Youve got that right. DONT forget the back too. These portable contraptions make posting a lot easier than sitting at the computer creak creak..even if the typing is harder with touch.

I think Karen was her real name not screen name. She was nice. I think she had been a PL but went over to your side. Oh well guess she is not here anymore anyway.

Good to see some people keep their names tho.. Lot less confusjng for the okd brain cells
Gtown71

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2013

Judged:

cpeter1313 wrote:
Your god's favorites, like solomon, david, etc, had many wives, as well as sex-slaves.
Erogenous nerves have ONLY one function; they transmit signals that the body interprets as sexually arousing.
<quoted text>
Yes God can truly love a person no matter how many laws of His they break.
Something you and I can't grasp on our best day :)

You should see how much He loves those who love His only begotten Son.
rosesz

Pompano Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2013

Judged:

Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
There are over 4M live births a year in the USA.
There are about 800K induced abortions.
Four million live births.
Eight hundred thousand terminations.
Four million...
Eight hundred thousand...
800 thousand.. 800 thousand lives extinguished.
Chick Brilliance Returns

Southbury, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2013

Judged:

Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
12 years ago -I went to bed believing in abortion "not sure why, but just did ", I believed folks could lived together,have all the sex they wanted with who they wanted, cursed like a sailor, really enjoyed using gods name in vain the most, didn't believe in any god, and thought you were an idiot if you did, but whatever floated your boat. I would lie, cheat, steal if it helped ME.
God woke me up, and when I yeilded to Him I woke up, with all I just mentioned in reverse.
Abortion bothered me, I hated the smallest curse word, hated the smallest of sin, let alone lie, cheat, steal.
That's been 12 years ago, and I still do.
Only A God can do that.
Not to mention how before that night I wanted nothing to do with any church, bible, praying, after -can't get enough at times.
God is real -you've been told. Have a nice day :)
What you are referring to is a psychotic break.

God is only real in your mind. Try Clozaril.
Katie

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2013

rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
So you are saying without Roe a doctir coukd force me to end my pregnancy. Idont remember anything like that before Roe. Women forced to abort. Advisdd to deliver early probably in life and death situations..but no one was pulling babies out against moms wishes.
Doctors, gov't, and courts. There have been prior rulings where women were court ordered to abort... but at least one legally was able to use her right to refuse.

It may be generations in the future, but these are our daughters, nieces, granddaughters, etc. Or it may just be one or two generations in the future. We have almost 316M people in this country alone. Over four million live births a year will take a toll. Remove abortion, there'll be almost five million live births a year. How long can we sustain that? Especially when more and more people are regularly making it to their 100th birthdays?
Chick Brilliance Returns

Southbury, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2013

Judged:

Chicky wrote:
<quoted text>when did the authorities let you out anyway? The thing is, you support an evil act and you will pay dearly one day if you don't repent. I bet you were Gosnell's right hand hag. Were those cats he had in his clinic yours? yep, you love your demons don't ya.... You play in Satan's sandbox , dont'cha? You remind me of that saying, Satan lifted his leg and out you came.
LMFAO.

Do you have any real idea how sick your mind is? No, you can't. The insane never know how crazy they are.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 275,981 - 276,000 of304,934
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••