Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday 306,952
Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision. Full Story
rosesz

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#293749 Apr 26, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
How about the idea of everyone (men and women of all races) having civil rights to personal privacy and bodily autonomy? You agree with that idea?
My rights are important to me..but when my right calls for me to end the life of my own child..another human..it is no longer my rights alone that are at stake.
rosesz

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#293750 Apr 26, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm saying you're ignoring what you don't like in the bible, and paying attention to what you do like, to suit YOU, not your god.
You didn't answer the questions. Do you remember what is said about shaking the dust off? Why do you pay attention to some of the bible and ignore the rest?
Yes he said to leave and shake off the dust from your sandals if no one recieves the message he brings. Like He did with His home town of Nazareth.

Hope springs eternal. I know I left the boards for a few years myself that being one of many reasons.

BUT I also like discussion if it doesnt get too crazy personal and nasty..So I figured why not try again lol..silly me to think the heat had come down. It was for a few days..

HAVE a question..wasnt there a realy nice poster named Karen I think..I remember you and foo..And ummmmmmmm I think I recognize the poster firmerly known as knit and pray?????? Who may be chicky and other names on this page but is not really chicky..But the real chicky is posting also...do I have any of that right.?

Also Michelle..abd maybe Katie. The memory is the first thing to go lol.. Thanks

Since: Feb 07

Location hidden

#293751 Apr 26, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>Once more for the slow: Gosnell's patients' reasons for their late term abortions cannot be made public knowledge by anyone other than themselves...and they're not likely to.
Get
a
grip.
Again for the slower: The Grand Jury, during their investigation, could have looked at any and/or all of the records that Gosnell had, had he done abortions for fetal anomalies it would/should have been part of the records. Get a grip.
Gtown71

United States

#293752 Apr 26, 2013
feces for jesus wrote:
<quoted text>
You would need to back up your absurd claim first and then we can prove you wrong. Go ahead, define & provide objective evidence for souls, heaven and Hel/hell and then provide evidence that supports your claim. I doubt you have the ability to do anything except vomit more religious garbage and personal mumbo jumbo.
Lastly, was sex with your mistress evil, you hypocritical scumbag?
First of all yes any means any sex outside of marriage is.
Secound I will always be a hippocrite to a certain extent in the eyes of people.
Again -you dismiss all cops that write speeding tickets, or just the ones who have never sped?:)

There are two kinds of people -lost and saved

There is ONLY ONE difference between the two.

All people sin, even christians.
Would you want to go to Heaven if there was one?
Would you "be willing " to walk away from what God calls sin???

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#293753 Apr 26, 2013
rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
My rights are important to me..but when my right calls for me to end the life of my own child..another human..it is no longer my rights alone that are at stake.
The right to have an abortion is NOT a 'call' for you to have one.

That seems to be a major stumbling block to your understanding of the right to choose.

I have a right to bungee jump, drive a car, take Prozac, eat squirrel, raise llamas, grow kohlrabi, keep an altar to Bhat in my kitchen - but I don't do any of those things, and I've never once felt 'called' to, simply because any or all of them are within my rights.

And truly, whether or not the right to life of a fetus is recognized by law, the Constitution prohibits citizens from having to give up an organ for someone else's survival. Uteri included.

So far, the Supreme Court agrees - and if it reverses that judgment, the right to give a kidney to anyone whose blood type matches yours, may become an obligation.

You ready for that?
I'm not.
Katie

Seattle, WA

#293754 Apr 26, 2013
rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Your civil rights do not include you having the right "...to end the life of my own child..." That describes murder and is illegal.

Your civil rights do include your reproductive rights, though. And these allow you to accept or reject any unwanted/unhealthy medical condition. And since you claim, "...it is no longer my rights alone that are at stake..." I'd find it safe to assume you would be against abortion under any circumstances whatsoever. That's fine. Nobody in America will legally be able to force you to abort against your wishes. Even if you were pregnant and incapacitated, if you had a directive stating you'd wish to remain pregnant, then it would be so.

This is the other side of Roe v Wade that doesn't get as much air time as the abortion procedure. Civil rights to personal privacy and bodily autonomy also include the right to refuse treatment during an unhealthy pregnancy. To remain pregnant even against doctor's orders.

Wipe out Roe, you wipe that out, too. Something to think about...

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#293755 Apr 26, 2013
Not the same thing at all. Inspections are done on-site and checking patient files is random selection of a small number and must delete all personal information. A subpoena must be directed toward specific dfiles or files for a class of patients (such as "abortion patients from 12/1/2005 to 12/1/2010") They can't fish for possible infractions by just grabbing files, and again ALL personal info must be deleted. Remember when Kline tried that crap in kansas? He got slapped down hard, and deservedly so.
Susanm wrote:
<quoted text>
"For a legal investigation, there has to be a subpoena given, and clinics can make copies and black out the personal info, yes."
The Gran Jury was conducting a legal investigation.
"The authorities don't just get to grab files at will." For inspections, the clinic does the same thing, with a small number of representative files."
Department of Health inspections usually include a random sample of charts and it is perfectly legal to do.
"For inspections, the clinic does the same thing, with a small number of representative files."
Thanks for verifying what I said.
Gtown71

United States

#293756 Apr 26, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>The folks who lost their kids in Sandy Hook were upset that the SCOTUS upheld the Constitution too. There is only one way the Courts know that justice is being served...and that's if nobody is completely happy with their judgment.
There can be all the so-called 'pro-life' Justices on the Supreme Court you want: The Constitution still provides for ownership of one's body by the individual, and always will. And women will ALWAYS be people, whether or not fetuses attain legal recognition as persons.
Yes I don't expect things to get better either. They will not, and it is one woman at a time making a choice.
It does not shock me, that sooo many choose to have an abortion, nor that sooo many are all in for helping them make that choice, as easy as possible, BUT it does sadden me.:(

Indianapolis

#293757 Apr 26, 2013
The NAF has no legal duty to report ANYTHING. You can't charge them for something they don't have to do to begin with.
Susanm wrote:
<quoted text>
"Got to page 10 or so so far..it sure looks like the state should be on trial too.
Starting off with deciding NOT to inspect clinics so as not to provide a barrier to women seeking abortions. By onference they already knew they would find offenses which they had. Wonder about othef clknics ..kind of think the barrier of insisting the pfocedures be safe would be of importance to the women going there..perforation of ghe womens organs has me gagging."
I agree. Governor Ridge should also be on trial telling the Dept of Health to ignore PA state laws, and the National Abortion Federation should be on trial for not reporting the illegal activity that they observed.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#293758 Apr 26, 2013
Susanm wrote:
<quoted text>
Again for the slower: The Grand Jury, during their investigation, could have looked at any and/or all of the records that Gosnell had, had he done abortions for fetal anomalies it would/should have been part of the records. Get a grip.
The Grand
Jury UNDOUBTEDLY looked at the records it requested...and charged Gosnell accordingly.

They don't have to, and aren't likely to, divulge those records to the public.

The Grand Jury Report is not a confessional, or a pulp novel. It's a report of with what, and under what laws, they charged this guy.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#293759 Apr 26, 2013
rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes he said to leave and shake off the dust from your sandals if no one recieves the message he brings. Like He did with His home town of Nazareth.
Hope springs eternal. I know I left the boards for a few years myself that being one of many reasons.
BUT I also like discussion if it doesnt get too crazy personal and nasty..So I figured why not try again lol..silly me to think the heat had come down. It was for a few days..
HAVE a question..wasnt there a realy nice poster named Karen I think..I remember you and foo..And ummmmmmmm I think I recognize the poster firmerly known as knit and pray?????? Who may be chicky and other names on this page but is not really chicky..But the real chicky is posting also...do I have any of that right.?
Also Michelle..abd maybe Katie. The memory is the first thing to go lol.. Thanks
I don't remember a Karen, but other than that, you got it right.

Yes, the memory is the first thing to go. Of the mind, that is. Physically, I think it's the joints :)

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#293760 Apr 26, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes I don't expect things to get better either. They will not, and it is one woman at a time making a choice.
It does not shock me, that sooo many choose to have an abortion, nor that sooo many are all in for helping them make that choice, as easy as possible, BUT it does sadden me.:(
It saddens you that ninety percent of women who have an unplanned pregnancy, choose to have a baby?

I think that's pretty awesome, myself.

Indianapolis

#293761 Apr 26, 2013
You can have the best info in the world and still screw up. The pill, for instance--it has to be taken every day at the same time, and there's a long list of meds and foods that can make it ineffectual. Humans commit human errors.

Condoms? Did you (unlike most men) know that each brand and style of condom fits differently? Men need to try a wide variety in order to find the right one, because an ill-fitting condom doesn't protect very well. Many men don't even put them on until actual intercourse, meaning preseminal fluid--which can contain both sperm and microbes--can still impregnate/infect their partner.

Contraception use is more complex than most people understand.
rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Sad state of affairs. What percentage had previous abortions? I know 2 women who had multiples. And I am not a young person with a young group of friends. Some look at it as a birth control method.
One idea would be for Pp to use their government stipend and contributions to OFFER shots or a years supply of pills for its clients who come in and Pay for tbeir abortion. ALONG WITH DETAILED EDUCATION ON THEIR USE..And thereafter offer a discount. Of course this might get the women in the BC habit and cut down on future procedures. They keep saying tge government money is not for abortions the politicians keep saying they want abortions rare..this would be one way to at least try to slow down the number and KEEP WOMEN from undergoing multiple procedures.
Now I realize no one can force the women to use it..but if they learn how and have a shot or pills in hand the odds go up that they will.
Or how about if a woman goes to Pp and is poor put them on a plan payed for again by that supposedly non abortion government money to defray BC costs..or get them long term type BC. EVEN phatmacie offer BC pills at discount..the clinics should have regular classes for all these women. Maybe they do to some extent???
But the sad fact is that abirtion on demand is a business..and politics. There is no incentive to reduce the number. And even for people who dont care about the babies..yes babies..whose lives are cut short..what about the women..The fewer medical procedures on her body the less chance for damage or complications..not even mentioning the possible psychological and yes spiritual effects.
These ard jusf a few suggestions maybe a hundred less abortions maybe more. But every abortion that does not happen or BECOME NECESSARY should be a good thing for both sides of the argument. After alk the pkls say tgey should be rare.
and none require picketing or step on anyones legal rights.:)

Indianapolis

#293762 Apr 26, 2013
Your god's favorites, like solomon, david, etc, had many wives, as well as sex-slaves.

Erogenous nerves have ONLY one function; they transmit signals that the body interprets as sexually arousing.
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
What fact? That sin didn't start in 2012?
Just becouse folks did it in bible days, didn't mean God was ok with it. He wasn't.
Body parts have many functions, but if you want to believe some are only for pleasure you can.

Location hidden

#293763 Apr 26, 2013
AyakaNeo wrote:
<quoted text>Especially in Pennsylvania. You had a PL governor in office when the complaints started coming in. PA abortion rates were higher when Casey was in office
1)The complaints wouldn't have gone to the governor.
2)Casey didn't stop the inspections of abortion "clinics".

Indianapolis

#293764 Apr 26, 2013
First, you'd have to prove souls exist. Good luck with that.

I can't prove you wrong, just as you can't prove that hercules didn't ascend olympus after his body died. But then, I don't have to--you have to prove yorself right.

Just because someone says heaven exists isn't proof that heaven exists.
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
To the outer man yes, I'll even go a step further, we start to decay before death. You've been dying more and more since the day you were born.
The soul is what either goes to Heaven or Hell, and you cannot prove me wrong. Plus if Heaven and Hell are real "and I say they are ",then they would be real, regaurdless if one believes in them or not, right?

Location hidden

#293765 Apr 26, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
The NAF has no legal duty to report ANYTHING. You can't charge them for something they don't have to do to begin with.
<quoted text>
The NAF is just a "good ol boy" network for abortionists, they really don't give a damn about women.

Indianapolis

#293766 Apr 26, 2013
No, the subpoena would have to have a limited scope. You could send a subpoena for all cases of fetal anomalies involving abortion, but nt "any and all files."
Susanm wrote:
<quoted text>

Location hidden

#293767 Apr 26, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>The Grand
Jury UNDOUBTEDLY looked at the records it requested...and charged Gosnell accordingly.
They don't have to, and aren't likely to, divulge those records to the public.
The Grand Jury Report is not a confessional, or a pulp novel. It's a report of with what, and under what laws, they charged this guy.
Yup, and nowhere is there a mention of Gosnell doing late-term abortions for any kind of fetal anomalies.
rosesz

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#293768 Apr 26, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>The right to have an abortion is NOT a 'call' for you to have one.
That seems to be a major stumbling block to your understanding of the right to choose.
I have a right to bungee jump, drive a car, take Prozac, eat squirrel, raise llamas, grow kohlrabi, keep an altar to Bhat in my kitchen - but I don't do any of those things, and I've never once felt 'called' to, simply because any or all of them are within my rights.
And truly, whether or not the right to life of a fetus is recognized by law, the Constitution prohibits citizens from having to give up an organ for someone else's survival. Uteri included.
So far, the Supreme Court agrees - and if it reverses that judgment, the right to give a kidney to anyone whose blood type matches yours, may become an obligation.
You ready for that?
I'm not.
Sacrificing 9 months so that the child you helped create can live is not losing your uterus. Its bekng a mother.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 hr shinningelectr0n 1,153,060
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 1 hr Aura Mytha 232,701
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 2 hr Bruin For Life 28,359
Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 2 hr Cowobunga 201,150
What role do you think humans play in global wa... 3 hr budd 2,658
Should child beauty pageants be banned? Tue Roy the Boy 685
Conn's Appliances (Nov '07) Tue The Real Daniel S... 281
More from around the web