Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday 307,010
Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision. Full Story
rosesz

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#293729 Apr 26, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>To be frank, and especially since the numbers ARE decreasing, no matter what the overemotional and hyperbolic among us would have the rest of us believe, I really don't CARE about the 'abundance' of abortions. What I care about are the lives of folks already here - and that our right to direct those lives remains, as much as is possible, with US and not with the state, or the Church, or the next-door neighbors. I know you think that's 'horrible' and 'selfish' and 'appalling' and whatever else, but you'll be even MORE appalled and horrified, when it's your right to gestate coming under attack, rather than someone else's right not to.
Be careful what you wish for - you just might get it.
Lol

I
am not st all concerned about my rights to gestate.
And as we supposedly live in a village..the abundance of abortions is a concern..and those so worried about womens health..as am I as a member of this village
It is far bdtter to try to take care BEFORE something happens than afterward..
And again this is a forhhum for ideas.
John

Rancho Cordova, CA

#293730 Apr 26, 2013
Did you really do that Rob? That's funny.

One time I farted and it sounded like a stack of lumber falling over. It was pretty wild.
John

Rancho Cordova, CA

#293731 Apr 26, 2013
Oops wrong thread...my bad.
Bitner is a perv

Falls City, NE

#293732 Apr 26, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah, you, the admitted liar, says no. That means yes, you did.
You're the one who came up with that perverted fantasy, you sick f*ck.
And yes, another bet you lose. You're not very good at this betting thing.
Ha! you answered to what I posted. You are pathetic, don't you have a life? It's not a fantasy by the way, you do evil and not repent, well, expect the worst.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#293733 Apr 26, 2013
Bitner is a perv wrote:
<quoted text>Ha! you answered to what I posted. You are pathetic, don't you have a life? It's not a fantasy by the way, you do evil and not repent, well, expect the worst.
It is a fantasy. It's your sick, perverted fantasy.

So, when you just now answered to what I posted, that means YOU don't have a life, Moron?

You're not only a liar and perverted, you're insane.
John

Rancho Cordova, CA

#293734 Apr 26, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
It is a fantasy. It's your sick, perverted fantasy.
So, when you just now answered to what I posted, that means YOU don't have a life, Moron?
You're not only a liar and perverted, you're insane.
Nobody is a more insane pervert than me.
I want to have mad relations with Bitner and Son of Bitner or whatever your name is.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#293735 Apr 26, 2013
rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol I
Do you know WHY you're "...not concerned about..." that right???
It's because you live in a country where that right is just as important as your right NOT to gestate. If this were China, that would not be true, and your complacency would quickly turn to apprehension. Consider yourself lucky. The winds could easily change, in the wake of a population explosion, brought about, at least in part, by laws forbidding women to abort.
rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
And as we supposedly live in a village..the abundance of abortions is a concern..
You're concerned with the abundance of women who don't share your moral indignation, not the 'village' itself.

Don't kid yourself - the village is made up of lots of different folks, and they don't need a nanny to remind them of the difference between 'right' and 'wrong'.
rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
and those so worried about womens health..as am I as a member of this village
Women's health is not served by being restricted as to what we may do to preserve it.
rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Something with which I've never disagreed - but as has been stated many times: the 1 - 2 percent failure rate of contraception in general, on a national (and conservative) sexual activity rate of at least one million procreative sexual acts per day, translates into one thousand unplanned conceptions EVERY DAY. The real miracle is that there are not MORE abortions.

And a
rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
gain this is a forhhum for ideas.
Indeed. My suggestion that you find a hobby, was just an idea I had...out of concern for your mental health, of course.

See how that works?
Gtown71

United States

#293736 Apr 26, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong. It wasn't "a handful of people", and it wasn't a question of them choosing "what's best for us".
They were judges of the Supreme Court, and they did their job, which is to judge the constitutionality of laws brought before them, leave those that are constitutional according to their interpretation and precedent, while overturning those that are not.
Our civil rights are not up for popular vote, and the founders set everything up that way on purpose.
The right to have an abortion falls under the right of every citizen to "life, liberty and property". The very same amendment that means you cannot be forced to work for someone, to donate blood or organs, and that only you own your body, means that we each may make our own medical decisions, and that only the woman owns her uterus, including any contents of that uterus. Period.
It's not up to you to vote on that. And your personally held belief that it's "bad", is irrelevant.
Vote away. Not ONE politician is really interested in seeing this issue put to rest once and for all. It's too useful a campaign tool. Don't be naive.
Would you be just as happy had there been more pro life judges there that day, and it had went the other way???

Would you say -well they did there job, so oh well?

Kinda hard to answer, but my geuss is no you wouldn't.
Gtown71

United States

#293737 Apr 26, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you really under the stupid assumption that we've never heard any of what you're preaching before?
Do you remember what was said about shaking the dust off your feet? Why is it that you people only pay attention to a small portion of what the bible says, and then ignore the rest?
Are you trying to say, if it has already been said then why not shut up about it? Or are you just wanting that applied to God? For we are WELL AWARE of how.looooong this thread has bounced back and fourth on abortion, right?:)
Katie

Seattle, WA

#293738 Apr 26, 2013
rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol
I
And as we supposedly live in a village..the abundance of abortions is a concern..and those so worried about womens health..as am I as a member of this village
And again this is a forhhum for ideas.
How about the idea of everyone (men and women of all races) having civil rights to personal privacy and bodily autonomy? You agree with that idea?

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#293739 Apr 26, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Would you be just as happy had there been more pro life judges there that day, and it had went the other way???
The folks who lost their kids in Sandy Hook were upset that the SCOTUS upheld the Constitution too. There is only one way the Courts know that justice is being served...and that's if nobody is completely happy with their judgment.

There can be all the so-called 'pro-life' Justices on the Supreme Court you want: The Constitution still provides for ownership of one's body by the individual, and always will. And women will ALWAYS be people, whether or not fetuses attain legal recognition as persons.
Gtown71

United States

#293740 Apr 26, 2013
feces for jesus wrote:
<quoted text>
You're too stupid to do any objective research into the topic of Hel. Not my problem you can not accept simple facts. Keep spewing your unprovable, religious garbage. It helps keep rational people away from your religion.
Translation -Gtown I live a very sinfilled life, and I love it, so I don't want to even think about a place called Hell, and wouldn't go look if you could show me the front door.

Since: Jun 08

Atrisco Village

#293741 Apr 26, 2013
AyakaNeo wrote:
<quoted text>LOL sure it's an accident when a doctors facility is unsterile. Negligence at the least but sure no accident.
The man is a sick, unethical bastard and deserves the harshest sentence possible. I doubt that the case meets the criteria for a death penalty. I have no idea what Susanm's point was in her comment to me. Misplaced sarcasm, I guess.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#293742 Apr 26, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, yes I would. Do you really think there are no SCOTUS decisions I'd disagree with? They still do their jobs, whether I agree like a decision or not. And that is BECAUSE it's not about popularity in such a private matter. It's about constitutionality.

By the way, the majority of them were conservative. Even the most conservative, pro-life Catholic, Scalia, points out that it's not his job to make decisions based on his religious beliefs.
John

Rancho Cordova, CA

#293743 Apr 26, 2013
I love that MSNBC slogan "Lean Forward"

The first thought that entered my pickled brain when I saw it was that Liberals want you to lean forward and spread your cheeks wide open and take it in the a55.

You got a job?...well lean forward so we can tax you more.

You like large sodas?...well lean forward.

You think your children are yours?...well lean forward.

You want to own a gun?...well lean forward we are taking it away.

You like leaning forward?...well lean over some more.

Hahaha too funny.

Excuse my while I lean forward.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#293744 Apr 26, 2013
Correction to post #293735:

One percent of one million is not one thousand...it is ten thousand. Ten thousand acts of procreative sex, for which contraception fails, EVERY
SINGLE
DAY.

And the numbers of women seeking abortions accounts for 10 percent of them - so ninety percent of women whose contraception fails, are electing to gestate.

Those are the facts.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#293745 Apr 26, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you trying to say, if it has already been said then why not shut up about it? Or are you just wanting that applied to God? For we are WELL AWARE of how.looooong this thread has bounced back and fourth on abortion, right?:)
I'm saying you're ignoring what you don't like in the bible, and paying attention to what you do like, to suit YOU, not your god.

You didn't answer the questions. Do you remember what is said about shaking the dust off? Why do you pay attention to some of the bible and ignore the rest?

Atrisco Village

#293746 Apr 26, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
Overpriced and no better than the loin. But you get the added pleasure of paying for the bone, which you probably gnaw on under the porch.
<quoted text>
lol. You crack me up, peter.
rosesz

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#293747 Apr 26, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you know WHY you're "...not concerned about..." that right???
It's because you live in a country where that right is just as important as your right NOT to gestate. If this were China, that would not be true, and your complacency would quickly turn to apprehension. Consider yourself lucky. The winds could easily change, in the wake of a population explosion, brought about, at least in part, by laws forbidding women to abort.
<quoted text>You're concerned with the abundance of women who don't share your moral indignation, not the 'village' itself.
Don't kid yourself - the village is made up of lots of different folks, and they don't need a nanny to remind them of the difference between 'right' and 'wrong'.
<quoted text> Women's health is not served by being restricted as to what we may do to preserve it.
<quoted text>Something with which I've never disagreed - but as has been stated many times: the 1 - 2 percent failure rate of contraception in general, on a national (and conservative) sexual activity rate of at least one million procreative sexual acts per day, translates into one thousand unplanned conceptions EVERY DAY. The real miracle is that there are not MORE abortions.
And a<quoted text>Indeed. My suggestion that you find a hobby, was just an idea I had...out of concern for your mental health, of course.
See how that works?
I was actually being funny with my first comment. I kind of figured that from my previous posts esp the one about ljving thru the womens movement and being around in the sixties for the debates on Roe..and being glad Roe was not around when it could have affected my own teenage years..that the joke would have been obvious. Just tried for a bit of levity since no government could help me or hinder my gestation.at this point... I have a hard time babysitting my grandkids.

But I get your point about China etc..dont you think its sad that so ma y of those women abort after they learn they are carrying girl babies..one way to keep down the population in the nect generation..but sad that girls have less value if you onky get to have one child.

I can remember back to when there was the zero pop growth movement ..seems to coincide with the same generation that pushed Roe thru mine unfortunately..See any correlation.
SANGER was real big on controlling Certain populations in her time too.

And the womens movement used to be more about equal pay and respect than how we could kill our unwanted offspring as a sign of progress.

All going back to politics and now the business behind the politics of abortion. It is not cost effective to restrict abortions or to use simple common sense to save some babies from being aborted.

And my mental health is much better than my typing. So I will debate but remain as polite and respectful as I can.

Atrisco Village

#293748 Apr 26, 2013
razzmatazz wrote:
<quoted text>And you think cattle are more important than an unborn child. You are sick. God made cattle for eating, along with deer and chicken. Red meat is good for you ,builds brain cells. Maybe you should eat a few steaks, I love mine rare. Go watch Duck Dynasty and learn to be a human.
Yeeehaaww! Lol.
I have lots if patients who are suffering the results from eating the diet you prescribe. Apparently, your god wants his believers to have CHF, DM, CAD, PVD,... the list goes on and on. Put the steak down, eat a salad, and get off the couch, please.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min Nostrilis Waxman 1,154,512
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 56 min Bruin Nation 28,413
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 1 hr Aura Mytha 232,933
Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 2 hr Joe fortuna 201,181
Crossfire going to Nicaragua (Jan '08) 6 hr arnoldodeigo 5
What role do you think humans play in global wa... 10 hr Patriot AKA Bozo 2,699
Should child beauty pageants be banned? Sat Roy the Boy 691
More from around the web