Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.
Comments
275,921 - 275,940 of 305,176 Comments Last updated 30 min ago

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2013

Judged:

Susanm wrote:
<quoted text>
"Your original assertion was that the organizations you mentioned should be 'pointing that out' about legal LTA's being of a medically necessary nature."
My point was that no one pointed to any of the reasons that you listed in connection with Gosnell. Guess why??? Because he didn't do them for those reasons. The women that went to him/were sent to him for late-term abortions were goin for ILLEGAL abortions.
not a playa1965
|#293531 Susanm wrote:
<quoted text>
If Gosnell is quilty of criminal intent, so are the women who whent to his "clinic" for late-term abortions.
not a playa1965 replied:
And you're salivating at the chance to put women in prison for aborting an anencephalic fetus, or one with Tae Sachs, or those electing to have their dead fetuses removed without a C-section..
and from then on, oblige those with dead fetii, to carry them until natural delivery?
You DO realize that that is why the majority of LTA's are performed, right?
Such Christian compassion. The heart melts.
Susanm replied:
Nothing was said about Gosnell abortiong for any of those reasons.
not a playa1965replied:
Doesn't fit the so-called 'pro-life' agenda, to report that sort of thing...or maybe those women have been traumatized enough, and are refusing to feed themselves to the media.
Susanm replied:
I'm sure that if that was the case the probe "choicers" would be pointing that out.
Once more for the slow: Gosnell's patients' reasons for their late term abortions cannot be made public knowledge by anyone other than themselves...and they're not likely to.

Get
a
grip.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2013

Judged:

rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Sad state of affairs. What percentage had previous abortions? I know 2 women who had multiples. And I am not a young person with a young group of friends. Some look at it as a birth control method.
One idea would be for Pp to use their government stipend and contributions to OFFER shots or a years supply of pills for its clients who come in and Pay for tbeir abortion. ALONG WITH DETAILED EDUCATION ON THEIR USE..And thereafter offer a discount. Of course this might get the women in the BC habit and cut down on future procedures. They keep saying tge government money is not for abortions the politicians keep saying they want abortions rare..this would be one way to at least try to slow down the number and KEEP WOMEN from undergoing multiple procedures.
Now I realize no one can force the women to use it..but if they learn how and have a shot or pills in hand the odds go up that they will.
Or how about if a woman goes to Pp and is poor put them on a plan payed for again by that supposedly non abortion government money to defray BC costs..or get them long term type BC. EVEN phatmacie offer BC pills at discount..the clinics should have regular classes for all these women. Maybe they do to some extent???
But the sad fact is that abirtion on demand is a business..and politics. There is no incentive to reduce the number. And even for people who dont care about the babies..yes babies..whose lives are cut short..what about the women..The fewer medical procedures on her body the less chance for damage or complications..not even mentioning the possible psychological and yes spiritual effects.
These ard jusf a few suggestions maybe a hundred less abortions maybe more. But every abortion that does not happen or BECOME NECESSARY should be a good thing for both sides of the argument. After alk the pkls say tgey should be rare.
and none require picketing or step on anyones legal rights.:)
You'll have a lot less angst about this, if you quit sticking your nose in other folks' reproductive lives, you know.

Get a different hobby...like badminton, or butterfly collecting.
Chick Brilliance Returns

Southbury, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2013

Judged:

chicky is a perv wrote:
<quoted text> You know your throwing your grandchildren to the demons when you support Satan as you do. when you get down in the lake of fire, Satan will force you to have sex with your offspring, and you will love it, won't ya? You are a perverted old hag.
Aw poor perviliscious is feeling some shame over her own disgusting mind. Yet it only lasted long enough to stir up some other twisted rant about having sex with "precious, innocent, children". Must be a catholic thing. Perverted pedophiles in the priesthood and congregation.

There is no satan you poor demented, tortured, thing. Seek help before the police do that for you.
feces for jesus

Hicksville, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2013

Judged:

chicky is a perv wrote:
<quoted text> You know your throwing your grandchildren to the demons when you support Satan as you do. when you get down in the lake of fire, Satan will force you to have sex with your offspring, and you will love it, won't ya? You are a perverted old hag.
Do all christards obsess about Satan having sex with children, like you? I guess you need to imagine such vile things to make yourself feel better than others.

Btw, you are= you're ..... As in you're an idiot.

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2013

Susanm wrote:
<quoted text>
The breakdown happened within the Dept of Health and the Dept of State. It was assumed that they were doing their jobs. However in 1993 they stopped.
"The first line of defense was the Pennsylvania Department of Health. The
department’s job is to audit hospitals and outpatient medical facilities, like Gosnell’s, to make sure that they follow the rules and provide safe care. The department had contact
with the Women’s Medical Society dating back to 1979, when it first issued approval to
open an abortion clinic. It did not conduct another site review until 1989, ten years later.
Numerous violations were already apparent, but Gosnell got a pass when he promised to
fix them. Site reviews in 1992 and 1993 also noted various violations, but again failed to
ensure they were corrected.
But at least the department had been doing something up to that point, however
ineffectual. After 1993, even that pro forma effort came to an end. Not because of
administrative ennui, although there had been plenty. Instead, the Pennsylvania
Department of Health abruptly decided, for political reasons, to stop inspecting abortion
clinics at all. The politics in question were not anti-abortion, but pro. With the change of
administration from Governor Casey to Governor Ridge, officials concluded that
inspections would be “putting a barrier up to women” seeking abortions. Better to leave
clinics to do as they pleased, even though, as Gosnell proved, that meant both women and babies would pay."
"That leaves the government employees whose job was to make sure that things
like this don’t happen. Worth special mention is Janice Staloski of the Pennsylvania
Department of Health, who personally participated in the 1992 site visit, but decided to
let Gosnell slide on the violations that were already evident then. She eventually rose to
become director of the division that was supposed to regulate abortion providers, but
never looked at Gosnell despite specific complaints from lawyers, a doctor, and a medical
examiner. After she was nonetheless promoted, her successor as division director,
Cynthia Boyne, failed to order an investigation of the clinic even when Karnamaya
Mongar died there."
http://www.phila.gov/districtattorney/PDFs/Gr...
How many "clinics" are allowed to stay open with a promise that they will fix the violatios that are found during an inspection?
Especially in Pennsylvania. You had a PL governor in office when the complaints started coming in. PA abortion rates were higher when Casey was in office
Chicky

Falls City, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2013

Judged:

Chick Brilliance Returns wrote:
<quoted text>
Aw poor perviliscious is feeling some shame over her own disgusting mind. Yet it only lasted long enough to stir up some other twisted rant about having sex with "precious, innocent, children". Must be a catholic thing. Perverted pedophiles in the priesthood and congregation.
There is no satan you poor demented, tortured, thing. Seek help before the police do that for you.
when did the authorities let you out anyway? The thing is, you support an evil act and you will pay dearly one day if you don't repent. I bet you were Gosnell's right hand hag. Were those cats he had in his clinic yours? yep, you love your demons don't ya.... You play in Satan's sandbox , dont'cha? You remind me of that saying, Satan lifted his leg and out you came.

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2013

Susanm wrote:
<quoted text>
"Got to page 10 or so so far..it sure looks like the state should be on trial too.
Starting off with deciding NOT to inspect clinics so as not to provide a barrier to women seeking abortions. By onference they already knew they would find offenses which they had. Wonder about othef clknics ..kind of think the barrier of insisting the pfocedures be safe would be of importance to the women going there..perforation of ghe womens organs has me gagging."
I agree. Governor Ridge should also be on trial telling the Dept of Health to ignore PA state laws, and the National Abortion Federation should be on trial for not reporting the illegal activity that they observed.
Don't forget Governor Casey he was in office getting complaints too. Had he done something about it then, Ridge would not have inherited what Casey left behind.
This isn't about being PC or PL Sue. Both sides failed to protect their right to a safe and legal abortion.
Gtown71

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
The only thing you know is that you are either delusional OR you have an over active imagination. That's it.
12 years ago -I went to bed believing in abortion "not sure why, but just did ", I believed folks could lived together,have all the sex they wanted with who they wanted, cursed like a sailor, really enjoyed using gods name in vain the most, didn't believe in any god, and thought you were an idiot if you did, but whatever floated your boat. I would lie, cheat, steal if it helped ME.

God woke me up, and when I yeilded to Him I woke up, with all I just mentioned in reverse.

Abortion bothered me, I hated the smallest curse word, hated the smallest of sin, let alone lie, cheat, steal.

That's been 12 years ago, and I still do.
Only A God can do that.

Not to mention how before that night I wanted nothing to do with any church, bible, praying, after -can't get enough at times.

God is real -you've been told. Have a nice day :)
Gtown71

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2013

Judged:

cpeter1313 wrote:
You're ignoring that, for the duration of the bible, most marriages were polygamous.
When the monogamy tenets were created, people lived short lives in small regions. Marriage wasn't anything like it is now--you married whoever you could afford if you were a man, and marrie whoever your parents sold you to, if you were a woman. Love didn't enter into it, and nobody cared if the wife was abused or raped. Wives could be discarded if they didn't produce male heirs (even though men are far more likely to be infertile than women, and the sperm determines the gender of the child.)
We are not rodents or dogs, we don't have anal glands. We are talking about the nervous system and the presence of nerves whose ONLY function is to transmit erotic signals.
<quoted text>
What fact? That sin didn't start in 2012?
Just becouse folks did it in bible days, didn't mean God was ok with it. He wasn't.

Body parts have many functions, but if you want to believe some are only for pleasure you can.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2013

Judged:

chicky is a perv wrote:
That's YOUR fantasy, you sick f*ck. Were you masturbating while you typed that? YOU are the pervert.
Gtown71

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2013

Judged:

Dajokerman wrote:
<quoted text>
You have no idea what my faith is and to imply that because my belief that laws shouldn't be created (based on religious beliefs) banning someone's private health business is pretty arrogant.
You are the very example of why I have the picture of buddy Jesus as my avatar. You know George Carlin was an atheist, I know and get that, I don't agree with him, I believe in God. but the ideal that was behind Buddy Jesus in the movie Dogma I however do believe was a fair and true point.
Buddy Jesus is the prime example of what Christian faith has morph into in America, a commercialized for profit machine designed to entertain and misled people into believing that buying the right things, from the right people, voting the right way for the right things is going to redeem them in the eyes of the lord and get them into heaven all while trying to be cool about it.
It's a scam created by those that want the power of God by claiming they speak for him. And like Lord Jesus went through the temple throwing over the tables of merchants and declaring in KJV Matthew 21:13 "And said unto them, It is written, My house shall be called the house of prayer; but ye have made it a den of thieves!."
So I believe it is so today. My faith hasn't wavier dear brother/sister and however question if yours has. I have submitted myself unto the lord, I know what he sees as sin, and I trust him to judge all when their time comes. For I am not as arrogant to believe that I can do a better job at bring God than God.
Which is why I will never support the passing of laws that force my religion on someone else, least of all a non-believer. As Jesus said in Matthew 22:21 "They say unto him, Caesar's. Then saith he unto them, Render therefore unto Caesar the things which are Caesar's; and unto God the things that are God's."
I know which kingdom I serve and it's place isn't on earth, earthly men and earthly governments can make what they want "legal" doesn't change who is really in charge and as a old saying goes "men make plans and then god laughs at them"
I can be faithful without imposing my beliefs on others, I can be a shining light on the hill, the candle in the darkness, a beacon of kindness to others and well of happiness which others can draw upon. I can be all those things and when people ask me why I am so happy or kind or at peace with myself I can share my faith openly as my source and bring others to the faith.
Can you honestly say you have done the same, based off your post you believe that God doesn't know what he is doing. That it is on you to create laws that will impose purity base on religion as you want it.
You would be better serve if you are as faithful as you claim to submit to God in the truest of ways and let him be the judge as it is written in Romans 14:10 "You, then, why do you judge your brother or sister? Or why do you treat them with contempt? For we will all stand before God’s judgment seat.."
We don't have to pass laws banning this or that, we don't have to hate people, judge them as impure, lacking or sinful based on our opinions. That isn't our job, that job post has been filled. It is our job to love, to help, to guild and to share our testaments with others when the chances happen and live our lives as true to the word as we can.
My faith is secure. Don't mistake desire to serve faithfully to my religion to a @desire to join you in creating laws based on it.
I enjoyed your post.

If given a choice on voting for something bad or good, I'll vote the way I feel I should as a christian.
Abortion was never given as an option to vote on.
A handful of people chose what's best for us.

I wouldn't want religious laws to run the land either, but again if given to vote -I'll vote my convictions.
Gtown71

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2013

Judged:

cpeter1313 wrote:
What happens after death? Decay. Pretty well proven.
<quoted text>
To the outer man yes, I'll even go a step further, we start to decay before death. You've been dying more and more since the day you were born.

The soul is what either goes to Heaven or Hell, and you cannot prove me wrong. Plus if Heaven and Hell are real "and I say they are ",then they would be real, regaurdless if one believes in them or not, right?
Gtown71

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2013

Judged:

feces for jesus wrote:
<quoted text>
I have never said there is no hell, you forking moron. I have repeated that the word is not in the original bible and that the original,and current meaning of Hel has nothing to do with your religion. You're obviously too stupid to understand these simple facts that I've repeated.
I don't claim to know what happens after we die like you and your fellow christards do.
What original? We've always had copies of copies.
God says preach His Word -and He doesn't ask someone to preach what they don't have.
If you don't know about something, and others say they do, perhaps you should swallow your pride and listen? Even more when soneone says they used to think like you???

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2013

Judged:

Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
I enjoyed your post.
If given a choice on voting for something bad or good, I'll vote the way I feel I should as a christian.
Abortion was never given as an option to vote on.
A handful of people chose what's best for us.
I wouldn't want religious laws to run the land either, but again if given to vote -I'll vote my convictions.
Wrong. It wasn't "a handful of people", and it wasn't a question of them choosing "what's best for us".

They were judges of the Supreme Court, and they did their job, which is to judge the constitutionality of laws brought before them, leave those that are constitutional according to their interpretation and precedent, while overturning those that are not.

Our civil rights are not up for popular vote, and the founders set everything up that way on purpose.

The right to have an abortion falls under the right of every citizen to "life, liberty and property". The very same amendment that means you cannot be forced to work for someone, to donate blood or organs, and that only you own your body, means that we each may make our own medical decisions, and that only the woman owns her uterus, including any contents of that uterus. Period.

It's not up to you to vote on that. And your personally held belief that it's "bad", is irrelevant.

Vote away. Not ONE politician is really interested in seeing this issue put to rest once and for all. It's too useful a campaign tool. Don't be naive.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2013

Judged:

Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
What original? We've always had copies of copies.
God says preach His Word -and He doesn't ask someone to preach what they don't have.
If you don't know about something, and others say they do, perhaps you should swallow your pride and listen? Even more when soneone says they used to think like you???
Are you really under the stupid assumption that we've never heard any of what you're preaching before?

Do you remember what was said about shaking the dust off your feet? Why is it that you people only pay attention to a small portion of what the bible says, and then ignore the rest?
rosesz

Pompano Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2013

Judged:

not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>You'll have a lot less angst about this, if you quit sticking your nose in other folks' reproductive lives, you know.
Get a different hobby...like badminton, or butterfly collecting.
Well this is supposed to be a forum for ideas and discussion. SO Iput out some ideas that might possiblg help thise women who found themselves in a situation they dont want to be in. Something that might be easier on their bodies than an abortion. Why eould yoh think this a bad thing..why nof bring thd numbers down or counteract those statistics that were quoted about poor birth control use.
I cannot see why both dides would not want to truly help women. But if you like the abundance I guess thsts what you want ???
Chicky

Falls City, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2013

Judged:

Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
That's YOUR fantasy, you sick f*ck. Were you masturbating while you typed that? YOU are the pervert.
No, but I bet you are.
rosesz

Pompano Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2013

Judged:

Susanm wrote:
<quoted text>
"Your original assertion was that the organizations you mentioned should be 'pointing that out' about legal LTA's being of a medically necessary nature."
My point was that no one pointed to any of the reasons that you listed in connection with Gosnell. Guess why??? Because he didn't do them for those reasons. The women that went to him/were sent to him for late-term abortions were goin for ILLEGAL abortions.
not a playa1965
|#293531 Susanm wrote:
<quoted text>
If Gosnell is quilty of criminal intent, so are the women who whent to his "clinic" for late-term abortions.
not a playa1965 replied:
And you're salivating at the chance to put women in prison for aborting an anencephalic fetus, or one with Tae Sachs, or those electing to have their dead fetuses removed without a C-section..
and from then on, oblige those with dead fetii, to carry them until natural delivery?
You DO realize that that is why the majority of LTA's are performed, right?
Such Christian compassion. The heart melts.
Susanm replied:
Nothing was said about Gosnell abortiong for any of those reasons.
not a playa1965replied:
Doesn't fit the so-called 'pro-life' agenda, to report that sort of thing...or maybe those women have been traumatized enough, and are refusing to feed themselves to the media.
Susanm replied:
I'm sure that if that was the case the probe "choicers" would be pointing that out.
STILL cant figure out why dead babies in the womb even come into this. Whatever term ws use ..those babies need to come out for medical reasons and would not fall into the category of illegal late term abortions. I am sure any hospital or OB would gladly remove a dead baby from a uterus. They are DEAD and leaving ghem in the womb as oppossd to inducing labor could cause so many complications.

On Gosnell whatever he was doing was a crime.. he maimed and killed women and born babies period. Bhe is a monster The state dropped the ball big time. Anyond who referred these women is complicit.
Gtown71

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
Susan can not think rationally on this topic. Any woman ever having an abortion, or who is pro choice, is responsible for Gosnell. its all their fault. All because she has a miscarriage and is unable to move on. Her abortion was spontaneous so its ok while a medical abortion is not. She is superior in her devastating loss so gets to punish others.
You saying that a baby dying natural in it's mothers womb, and a "mother" hiring a person to go into her womb and kill the baby inside as being the same thing makes you not just an idiot, but a deranged idiot.

You truly are clueless about "real" life.
rosesz

Pompano Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2013

Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong. It wasn't "a handful of people", and it wasn't a question of them choosing "what's best for us".
They were judges of the Supreme Court, and they did their job, which is to judge the constitutionality of laws brought before them, leave those that are constitutional according to their interpretation and precedent, while overturning those that are not.
Our civil rights are not up for popular vote, and the founders set everything up that way on purpose.
The right to have an abortion falls under the right of every citizen to "life, liberty and property". The very same amendment that means you cannot be forced to work for someone, to donate blood or organs, and that only you own your body, means that we each may make our own medical decisions, and that only the woman owns her uterus, including any contents of that uterus. Period.
It's not up to you to vote on that. And your personally held belief that it's "bad", is irrelevant.
Vote away. Not ONE politician is really interested in seeing this issue put to rest once and for all. It's too useful a campaign tool. Don't be naive.
Couldnt agree mire on that last sentence.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••