Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 321834 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

feces for jesus

Bellmore, NY

#293646 Apr 26, 2013
razzmatazz wrote:
<quoted text>And you think cattle are more important than an unborn child. You are sick. God made cattle for eating, along with deer and chicken. Red meat is good for you ,builds brain cells. Maybe you should eat a few steaks, I love mine rare. Go watch Duck Dynasty and learn to be a human.
God made cattle for eating??????????

So, you think you know what life forms are more "important" than another? Are you being truly objective? Of course you think humans are the most important life form; you're human! Once you start deciding what life is more important than another, you're discriminating based on your personal bias. It sets a dangerous precedence.

Since: Feb 07

Location hidden

#293648 Apr 26, 2013
AyakaNeo wrote:
<quoted text> Let's see, in 1989 when the reports started flooding in on Gosnell who was Governor? Casey. A pro-life Governor.
The breakdown happened within the Dept of Health and the Dept of State. It was assumed that they were doing their jobs. However in 1993 they stopped.

"The first line of defense was the Pennsylvania Department of Health. The

department’s job is to audit hospitals and outpatient medical facilities, like Gosnell’s, to make sure that they follow the rules and provide safe care. The department had contact
with the Women’s Medical Society dating back to 1979, when it first issued approval to
open an abortion clinic. It did not conduct another site review until 1989, ten years later.
Numerous violations were already apparent, but Gosnell got a pass when he promised to
fix them. Site reviews in 1992 and 1993 also noted various violations, but again failed to
ensure they were corrected.
But at least the department had been doing something up to that point, however
ineffectual. After 1993, even that pro forma effort came to an end. Not because of
administrative ennui, although there had been plenty. Instead, the Pennsylvania
Department of Health abruptly decided, for political reasons, to stop inspecting abortion
clinics at all. The politics in question were not anti-abortion, but pro. With the change of
administration from Governor Casey to Governor Ridge, officials concluded that
inspections would be “putting a barrier up to women” seeking abortions. Better to leave
clinics to do as they pleased, even though, as Gosnell proved, that meant both women and babies would pay."

"That leaves the government employees whose job was to make sure that things
like this don’t happen. Worth special mention is Janice Staloski of the Pennsylvania
Department of Health, who personally participated in the 1992 site visit, but decided to
let Gosnell slide on the violations that were already evident then. She eventually rose to
become director of the division that was supposed to regulate abortion providers, but
never looked at Gosnell despite specific complaints from lawyers, a doctor, and a medical
examiner. After she was nonetheless promoted, her successor as division director,
Cynthia Boyne, failed to order an investigation of the clinic even when Karnamaya
Mongar died there."

http://www.phila.gov/districtattorney/PDFs/Gr...

How many "clinics" are allowed to stay open with a promise that they will fix the violatios that are found during an inspection?

Location hidden

#293649 Apr 26, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Did they do a poll of who is PL and PC at your state's Dept. of Health? Especially those specific workers who failed to do their jobs and provide oversight?
"Let's see, it was a pro"choice" governor that stopped the inspections of abortion "clinic", and it was the National Abortion Federation that failed to report the conditions that they found in Gosnell's "clinic", and it was other abortionists that referred patients to him. Sounds like the pro"choicers" failed them big-time."

Why did you only choose one out of the list?

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#293650 Apr 26, 2013
IRYW wrote:
<quoted text>
You want fries with that?
Yup, uh-huh.'N a side a godgravy too...

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#293651 Apr 26, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm truly only concerned with what God thinks about what I post at this point.
:)
Then why don't you confine your 'posts' to stone tablets in the desert??

Or burn a few bushes on a mountaintop?

Get a clue - an omnipotent, omniscient God, does NOT need your help to spread his message, or fight his battles.

You're pissing in the wind.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#293652 Apr 26, 2013
The Prince wrote:
<quoted text>
abontromal activites.
What does 'abontromal' mean? And what the heck is an 'activite'?

I couldn't find either in any dictionary...
The Prince wrote:
<quoted text>
You pagans consider anything you want to do as normal. I pity the children in your homes. The things those poor babies have to see.
I'm inferring from this that you have sex in front of YOUR children???

Pretty sick, dude.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#293653 Apr 26, 2013
Susanm wrote:
<quoted text>
They don't need to do interviews, it should be recorded in their records.
Which are private, and covered by HIPPA legislation...which means their 'records' cannot be made public.

Got any more inanity up your ruffles, Sue?
Gtown71

United States

#293654 Apr 26, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
But the only ones you are convincing are those who are already convinced.
Maybe? Just something I feel I need /want to do ok?
Out of All the post from now till this thing started rolling, it shouldn't be a ripple in the pond, and those who don't wish to read my post are encouraged to skip them.

I didn't used to believe, and now I do. God is real, it is my job to tell others about God.
I've not been doing very good at.my job, trying to do alittle better :)
Gtown71

United States

#293655 Apr 26, 2013
Ocean56 wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh BULL****. For hetero married couples who DON'T want children, there's nothing wrong with sex acts that AVOID the pregnancy risk.
Parenthood is OPTIONAL, not required, no matter what religious hierarchies say. That means both men and women are free to REJECT parenthood if they don't want the hardships and responsibilities it involves. Hetero married couples have the same right NOT to have children as they do to be parents.
Not sure where you read anything in.my post about having / not having kids????

Location hidden

#293656 Apr 26, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>Which are private, and covered by HIPPA legislation...which means their 'records' cannot be made public.
Got any more inanity up your ruffles, Sue?
Nope, wrong again. Examination of medical records are part of most inspections. As long as personal, identifying information is not used it does not violate HIPPA.
Gtown71

United States

#293657 Apr 26, 2013
feces for jesus wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, you're the wacko who makes ridiculous claims and thinks they have it all figured out. Your arrogance is pathetic.
^^^^^^^^ This ^^^^^^^^^ From.feces for Jesus, yet I'm the arrogant one, that has it all fiquered out :) got it.
Gtown71

United States

#293658 Apr 26, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>Then why don't you confine your 'posts' to stone tablets in the desert??
Or burn a few bushes on a mountaintop?
Get a clue - an omnipotent, omniscient God, does NOT need your help to spread his message, or fight his battles.
You're pissing in the wind.
True God don't need my help, thanks for the advice, I will not be taking it, but thanks anyway :)

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#293659 Apr 26, 2013
If your god is against anal sex, why did he supply that area with its own erogenous nerve system, just as he did the genitals? Why did he make us so that we can orgasm using only anal stimulation?

Sounds like you are denying a pleasure your god obviously approved of. But you know better than he does, I suppose.
The Prince wrote:
<quoted text>
The pagans think their gay, lesbian and bisexual sex is normal. You are right, it is quite abnormal. Unfortunatley these are very sick people,. It is hard to imagine they have children around them.
Gtown71

United States

#293660 Apr 26, 2013
feces for jesus wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, you're the wacko who makes ridiculous claims and thinks they have it all figured out. Your arrogance is pathetic.
By the way -you still saying there is no Hell? Do you have it fiquered out what happens after death?

I say I know, do you?
If you do, does that make you arrogant?

Religion / Child of God
Darkness / Light

Religion / child of God
Darkness / Light

Religion / child of God
Darkness / Light

Let it start to sink in feces "the one sooo arrogant -you call yourself feces for Jesus :)

Indianapolis

#293661 Apr 26, 2013
What's creepy about the observation that when you buy a t-bone, you pay for the bone at the same rate you pay for the meat?

What's REALLY creepy is that we allow morons who think "payiun" is a word, to vote.
The Prince wrote:
<quoted text>
Really creepy for a h0m0 to be talking about, "payiun for the bone". Besides, I thouight you were a hershey highway bottom.

Indianapolis

#293662 Apr 26, 2013
Sounds like the clientele of many churches, too.
Susanm wrote:
<quoted text>
"They went to him out of desperation. Poor, non=english speaking, illiterate, uneducated. Yet another arena where society has failed the poor."
This sounds like the clientele of many abortion "clinics".
Gtown71

United States

#293663 Apr 26, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
If your god is against anal sex, why did he supply that area with its own erogenous nerve system, just as he did the genitals? Why did he make us so that we can orgasm using only anal stimulation?
Sounds like you are denying a pleasure your god obviously approved of. But you know better than he does, I suppose.
<quoted text>
Why did He create all these different women, diff shapes, sizes, fiqueres, yet want a man to pick just one and stick with them?

Sorry, prob the wrong guy to ask, but I truly hope you're not hanging what you believe about God on an anal gland.

I realize you guys read.our post and think we are nuts -we do the same when we read y'all s :)

[email protected]

Since: Dec 07

Location hidden

#293664 Apr 26, 2013
The Prince wrote:
<quoted text>
You are just another proabortion pagan. You care not for the unborn child. Let me guess, militant Homosexual or lesbian as well. This is the place to be for your type. Probably a former Christian that just doesn't want to blieeve anymore. Paganism is for the lazy, you can do as you lke and one fo the numerous gods will be ok with it.
God is just one prayer away. The Faith will always be the Faith. You are another damaged individual who has turned to paganism as a way to try and control your fears. It won't work.
You have no idea what my faith is and to imply that because my belief that laws shouldn't be created (based on mostly religious beliefs) banning someone's private health business is pretty arrogant.

You are the very example of why I have the picture of buddy Jesus as my avatar. You know George Carlin was an atheist, I know and get that, I don't agree with him, I believe in God. but the ideal that was behind Buddy Jesus in the movie Dogma I however do believe was a fair and true point.

Buddy Jesus is the prime example of what Christian faith has morph into in America, a commercialized for profit machine designed to entertain and misled people into believing that buying the right things, from the right people, voting the right way for the right things is going to redeem them in the eyes of the lord and get them into heaven all while trying to be cool about it.

It's a scam created by those that want the power of God by claiming they speak for him. And like Lord Jesus went through the temple throwing over the tables of merchants and declaring in KJV Matthew 21:13 "And said unto them, It is written, My house shall be called the house of prayer; but ye have made it a den of thieves!."

So I believe it is so today. My faith hasn't wavier dear brother/sister and however question if yours has. I have submitted myself unto the lord, I know what he sees as sin, and I trust him to judge all when their time comes. For I am not as arrogant to believe that I can do a better job at bring God than God.

Which is why I will never support the passing of laws that force my religion on someone else, least of all a non-believer. As Jesus said in Matthew 22:21 "They say unto him, Caesar's. Then saith he unto them, Render therefore unto Caesar the things which are Caesar's; and unto God the things that are God's."

I know which kingdom I serve and it's place isn't on earth, earthly men and earthly governments can make what they want "legal" doesn't change who is really in charge and as a old saying goes "men make plans and then god laughs at them"

I can be faithful without imposing my beliefs on others, I can be a shining light on the hill, the candle in the darkness, a beacon of kindness to others and well of happiness which others can draw upon. I can be all those things and when people ask me why I am so happy or kind or at peace with myself I can share my faith openly as my source and bring others to the faith.

Can you honestly say you have done the same, based off your post you believe that God doesn't know what he is doing. That it is on you to create laws that will impose purity base on religion as you want it.

You would be better serve if you are as faithful as you claim to submit to God in the truest of ways and let him be the judge as it is written in Romans 14:10 "You, then, why do you judge your brother or sister? Or why do you treat them with contempt? For we will all stand before God’s judgment seat.."

We don't have to pass laws banning this or that, we don't have to hate people, judge them as impure, lacking or sinful based on our opinions. That isn't our job, that job post has been filled. It is our job to love, to help, to guild and to share our testaments with others when the chances happen and live our lives as true to the word as we can.

My faith is secure. Don't mistake desire to serve faithfully to my religion to a desire to join you in creating laws based on it.

Indianapolis

#293665 Apr 26, 2013
For a legal investigation, there has to be a subpoena given, and clinics can make copies and black out the personal info, yes. The authorities don't just get to grab files at will. For inspections, the clinic does the same thing, with a small number of representative files.
Susanm wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope, wrong again. Examination of medical records are part of most inspections. As long as personal, identifying information is not used it does not violate HIPPA.

Indianapolis

#293666 Apr 26, 2013
What happens after death? Decay. Pretty well proven.
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
By the way -you still saying there is no Hell? Do you have it fiquered out what happens after death?
I say I know, do you?
If you do, does that make you arrogant?
Religion / Child of God
Darkness / Light
Religion / child of God
Darkness / Light
Religion / child of God
Darkness / Light
Let it start to sink in feces "the one sooo arrogant -you call yourself feces for Jesus :)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min Grey Ghost 1,655,548
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 3 hr Fugooo 11,890
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 4 hr Trojan 35,072
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Nov 26 Okboy 201,885
How to Recover Deleted or lost Contacts from Sa... (Dec '14) Sep '17 Alice Meng 13
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) Sep '17 The pope 258,482
Conn's Appliances (Nov '07) Sep '17 Love 292
More from around the web