Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Comments (Page 13,784)

Showing posts 275,661 - 275,680 of304,884
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“Pro-Life”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2013

Judged:

LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Yet not ONE SINGLE pedophile priest that was arrested, was found to be gay.
So much for THAT theory.
Seriously Tomtom, get over this irrational fear you have. It makes you look stupider than we already know you to be.
"Yet not ONE SINGLE pedophile priest that was arrested, was found to be gay."

Where's your proof of that stupidity?

ANY adult male wanting to be sexual with another MALE is GAY. Men who are interested in prepubescent males are gay pedophiles. What, you think there are no gay pedophiles?

You don't do anything here but display astounding ignorance.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2013

Judged:

Susanm wrote:
<quoted text>
"Since it was NOT an "abortion clinic", its not so strange.
I know you know this, since the exact same discussion happened a few weeks ago and you were part of it."
It wasn't????
Actually Sue, he/she is right. If you search his clinic, you can find advertizements that he ran (as well as pictures of the clinic itself) that shows his "clinic" had dental, family planning, family practice, gynecological and physical therapy services. The physical therapy services is what the DEF was focusing on for his drug trade apparently. Makes sense really, he was selling pain meds under the guise of "physical therapy". I shudder to think about who ELSE he hurt, who else died under those OTHER "medical practices" of his.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2013

Judged:

elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>Go away, you hypocritical, gross and slimey creep.
I was wondering if it was just me, or if he was getting even more weird (in a really gross way). Glad I'm not the only one that saw it....

“Pro-Life”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2013

Judged:

cpeter1313 wrote:
~As I noted earlier, I had a sister who died a month after birth. The hospital gave my parents exactly this choice; they could hook her up to every machine hey had at the time, with no guarantee she'd live more than a couyle months, or not. They chose only the things that would allow her whatever comfort possible while she clung to life. For 28 days, she suffered very little, then her massively-damaged heart failed. I can't conceive of any decision being better.~

I apologize for my previous post. I didn't see where it was about a sibling who died a month after birth until I saw this post of yours within someone's reply. I thought it was about a sibling of yours that she aborted. I think I mixed you up with STO.

Again, I apologize for my prior post, and I'm sorry about your parent's loss.

“Pro-Life”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2013

Judged:

cpeter1313 wrote:
~As I noted earlier, I had a sister who died a month after birth. The hospital gave my parents exactly this choice; they could hook her up to every machine hey had at the time, with no guarantee she'd live more than a couyle months, or not. They chose only the things that would allow her whatever comfort possible while she clung to life. For 28 days, she suffered very little, then her massively-damaged heart failed. I can't conceive of any decision being better.~

One thing about this story that is relevant in the abortion issue is; you said, "...They chose only the things that would allow her whatever comfort possible while she clung to life..." and your sister "suffered very little". It's called "comfort care", which is exactly what we pro-lifers have stated can be done rather than abort a child from vibaility to late term pregnancy.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2013

Judged:

rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Yay we agree this time. Pedophiles ars pedophiles the like children. They think they are normal..
It is a sad thing about so much covering up ovrr the decades..i cannot figure out why..once the higher ups realized the problem..if they wanted to cover up..they didnt send those priests to one of the many monasric settjngs they own instead of to othef parishes..at least they would not have reoffended..living up some mountain with no temptation might have been good for their souls...too bad there are no islands to permanently banish all pedophiles to..IMHO
What is so sad is that the Catholic Churcvh has done so much good in the world..so many charities they have been pioneers in....I have a feeling we are going to see a lot more of it from tbis very humble man who has just become Pope Francis..Pray it is so.
I agree with much of this. Just a point of fact tho - many of those priests WERE sent to such places. THEN they were sent back to rape more children.
It is sad that the church and its members and priests have been all judged by the actions of these criminals..
That would be because the leaders of that church promoted a culture of pedophelia and is STILL actively covering up its crimes. THey did it to themselves. Can't blame anyone for that BUT themselves.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2013

Judged:

Susanm wrote:
<quoted text>
What criminal intent?
"Gosnell refused to comment on the shocking allegations about frozen bodies kept at his clinic or any of the prior complaints against him but remained upbeat saying, "I expect to be vindicated." He also offered this oddly phrased defense of his work, "I can not have control over the accomplishments in terms of how people view them, but I know I have done my very best to provide the very best of responsive care to my patients."
http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2013/...
"I feel in the long term I will be vindicated I aspire to perfection, certainly for my patients," Gosnell said in a March 2010 interview, following the federal drug raid that led to the revelation regarding the allegations of horrific medical abuses.
In the same interview, he added that he was "a positive force in the community" and was only helping the vulnerable teens and women get medical care."
http://www.policymic.com/articles/28582/kermi...
It doesn't sound like he was operating with "criminal intent" to me-he was just helping poor women get the care that they wanted.
Sue, you're not this dishonest. That sounds like it is, a scumbag criminal who got caught trying to do his best spin for the media.

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2013

Susanm wrote:
<quoted text>
What criminal intent?
"Gosnell refused to comment on the shocking allegations about frozen bodies kept at his clinic or any of the prior complaints against him but remained upbeat saying, "I expect to be vindicated." He also offered this oddly phrased defense of his work, "I can not have control over the accomplishments in terms of how people view them, but I know I have done my very best to provide the very best of responsive care to my patients."
"I feel in the long term I will be vindicated I aspire to perfection, certainly for my patients," Gosnell said in a March 2010 interview, following the federal drug raid that led to the revelation regarding the allegations of horrific medical abuses.
In the same interview, he added that he was "a positive force in the community" and was only helping the vulnerable teens and women get medical care."
It doesn't sound like he was operating with "criminal intent" to me-he was just helping poor women get the care that they wanted.
No there is no criminal intent in dealing drugs out of your business.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2013

Judged:

huskerlicious wrote:
<quoted text> Many were. So were a lot of Rabbis, teachers, neighbors, babysitters, etc.
Wrong Knutbar. Not ONE SINGLE PEDOPHILE PRIEST was found to be gay. Neither were the rabbi's teachers, neighbors or babysitters.

The BIGGEST difference here, is that nobody in the Jewish community, teaching community, tried to hide the crimes of the pedophiles in their midst, NOR did they send them to OTHER new communities to rape childrent MORE.

Rose, you want to know why your faith is "judged" by others? Its becasue people this this idiot want to keep blaming their crimes on gays.

Normal people know better.

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2013

Judged:

lil Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
ANY adult male wanting to be sexual with another MALE is GAY. Men who are interested in prepubescent males are gay pedophiles. What, you think there are no gay pedophiles?
You don't do anything but display yours. So now you're now an expert in mental disorders? Well that is believable come to think of it but you're wrong that "any" adult male that is interested in being sexual with another male is gay.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2013

Judged:

lil Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
Its NOT stupidity Lynne, its FACT.

http://www.jjay.cuny.edu/4688.php

http://www.google.com/url...

The John Jay College found NO, ZERO, ZIP, NADA link between homosexuality and the pedophile priests.
You are wrong on SO many different levels on this Lynne. Not to mention simply an ignorant bitch.

Of course that's easy for you, since you regularly mouth off about things you know nothing about.

Pedophiles that target male chidrent are NOT gay. Pedophilia is a crime of OPPORTUNITY, not of sexuality you fucking idiot.
No Lynne, that would be YOU. In SPADES this time.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2013

Judged:

lil Lily wrote:
cpeter1313 wrote:
I apologize for my previous post. I didn't see where it was about a sibling who died a month after birth until I saw this post of yours within someone's reply. I thought it was about a sibling of yours that she aborted. I think I mixed you up with STO.
Again, I apologize for my prior post, and I'm sorry about your parent's loss.
What a hollow - completely worthless apology. It was okay to berate him when you didn't know shit about what he was saying, just like you didn't know shit about what STO was saying before you jumped on your jackass and rode straight into putting your foot in your big mouth.

But as usual, you dont bother to read or learn before you mouth off.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2013

Judged:

AyakaNeo wrote:
<quoted text>You don't do anything but display yours. So now you're now an expert in mental disorders? Well that is believable come to think of it but you're wrong that "any" adult male that is interested in being sexual with another male is gay.
Exactly. MANY men experiment with sex with other men, and aren't gay.

While a pedophile CAN be gay, the FACT is the vast majority of them are not.

Not a single priest that was prosecuted for pedophelia was found to be gay. Not one. That's a fact.

Another FACT is that the RCC tried to BLAME homosexuality for the pedophile priests. However, even now, they've completely backed off of that bullshit.

Homosexuality is NOT related in ANY way to pedophelia. Period.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2013

I have told the story before, and had some fundies castigate my parents for not doing everything possible to prolong her life for every moment they could.
rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
We or at least I do not believe that in a dire situation it is necessary to give more than
n palliative care..terminal babies do not need to suffer on rsspirators indefinitely..but as in the sad case of Cpters sister ...palliative care and comfort should be given. I am glad it was. Fundamentalists dont beluve in making chikdren suffer
just to keep them minimally alive..
And that is such a sad thing cpter sorry for your loss..

Indianapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2013

Because, you know, no one's ever lied under indictment.
Susanm wrote:
<quoted text>
What criminal intent?

Indianapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2013

Judged:

And people wonder why I stopped reading ill lily's posts?
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
What a hollow - completely worthless apology. It was okay to berate him when you didn't know shit about what he was saying, just like you didn't know shit about what STO was saying before you jumped on your jackass and rode straight into putting your foot in your big mouth.
But as usual, you dont bother to read or learn before you mouth off.

“Pro-Life”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2013

Judged:

LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Its NOT stupidity Lynne, its FACT.
http://www.jjay.cuny.edu/4688.php
http://www.google.com/url...
The John Jay College found NO, ZERO, ZIP, NADA link between homosexuality and the pedophile priests.
<quoted text>
You are wrong on SO many different levels on this Lynne. Not to mention simply an ignorant bitch.
Of course that's easy for you, since you regularly mouth off about things you know nothing about.
Pedophiles that target male chidrent are NOT gay. Pedophilia is a crime of OPPORTUNITY, not of sexuality you fucking idiot.
<quoted text>
No Lynne, that would be YOU. In SPADES this time.
http://www.religioustolerance.org/hom_rcc.htm

"Actual surveys: In the Fall of 1999, the Kansas City Star sent a questionnaire to 3,000 priests in the U.S. 73% did not reply. The low response rate could be anticipated. One would expect homosexuals and bisexuals to be reluctant to respond to the questionnaire since it deals with such a sensitive issue, and originated from a newspaper. Homosexual and bisexual priests would probably be less likely to reply to the survey. Among the 801 priests who did reply: 75% said they had a heterosexual orientation;
15% homosexual;
5% bisexual. 9

During 1990, Rev. Thomas Crangle, a Franciscan priest in Passaic, N.J., mailed a survey to 500 randomly selected priests. Of the 398 responses, about 45% said that they were gay."

It's not just opportunity. Fact is, there are a lot of gay priests, so to state that not one that was arrested was found to be gay is stupid. Chances are, some of them were. You haven't provided anything that proves your statement is true.

Also, how many of those molested by priests were [teen] boys?

I did misspeak when I said males interested in [prepubescent] males are gay. I meant to say interested in [adolescent] males.

Point is; you made a blanket statement, "Yet not ONE SINGLE pedophile priest that was arrested, was found to be gay", and you had no proof to back it.

rosesz

Pompano Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2013

LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree with much of this. Just a point of fact tho - many of those priests WERE sent to such places. THEN they were sent back to rape more children.
<quoted text>
That would be because the leaders of that church promoted a culture of pedophelia and is STILL actively covering up its crimes. THey did it to themselves. Can't blame anyone for that BUT themselves.
I didnt realize that they sent them away which was smart and then sent tgem back to parishes..Sounds like there were follish people making ddcisions...there are many businesses..which parts of ghe church are that do cover ups.such as colleges which cover up rapes...handling them internally is what they call it......

.the church should have been above that by its very nature. These people were criminal..and this behaviour is an affront to the God they profess to serve..

As I say I think many Catholics have great local chuches much charity for ages has been done bg the RCC. I look for greater acts from the church under this pope. We shall see..

“Pro-Life”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2013

Judged:

cpeter1313 wrote:
And people wonder why I stopped reading ill lily's posts?
<quoted text>
I don't wonder, beause I know you still read them.
rosesz

Pompano Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2013

LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong Knutbar. Not ONE SINGLE PEDOPHILE PRIEST was found to be gay. Neither were the rabbi's teachers, neighbors or babysitters.
The BIGGEST difference here, is that nobody in the Jewish community, teaching community, tried to hide the crimes of the pedophiles in their midst, NOR did they send them to OTHER new communities to rape childrent MORE.
Rose, you want to know why your faith is "judged" by others? Its becasue people this this idiot want to keep blaming their crimes on gays.
Normal people know better.
It is sad tgat Catholics are judged it is worse when people judge God by those who profess belief and then use the church as a cover up. And most believers abhor this also..For tge record ..i dont belong to tge RCC but I grew up there cared for by many loving nuns and taught well. I just am not a member now..but that is besides the point. Cover ups are wrong ..period..as i mentioned in a previous post this one wss massive and stupid..the colleges covering up rapes as kids will be kids is only slightly less egregious...NO ONE SHOULD STAND UP FOR OR EXCUSE RAPISTS OF ANYONE BUT ESPECIALLY CHILDREN. Especially since this does not stop the problem..

There are pedophiles who rape and kill even children of both sexes..my beef is with groups who are trying to mainstream this as a bonafide sexual preference..like NAMBLA..etc..i pray that is never allowed

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 275,661 - 275,680 of304,884
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

6 Users are viewing the NCAA Basketball Forum right now

Search the NCAA Basketball Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min lily boca raton fl 1,071,214
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 13 min ChristineM 223,005
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 16 hr Bruin For Life 26,609
Do you need a loan of any kind?we will be very ... (Aug '13) Jul 7 mutedo 2
Best Logo in the America East Jul 3 Mike Sivo 1
How to recover lost data from iPhone/iPad/iPod- Jul 2 Kelly 6
Antwon White - Guilty (Sep '07) Jul 2 the system smh 21
•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••