Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.
Comments
275,641 - 275,660 of 305,074 Comments Last updated 6 hrs ago
Gtown71

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

Judged:

elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, you are a jerk. Some of my favorite people are jerks. I just control how much interaction with me they are allowed. Hope you are doing well.
Yes I am, but you wouldn't care to hear why. My flesh is being nullified, and my God Glorified this week. We will see what tmrw brings, but I plan on meeting you one day elise, if not here, then there.:)

I wish it was as easy as punching a code in , and it can be, but I can only punch in myself.
Ps.-things may get weird ER for you??:)
Hang in there lady.
Gtown71

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

Judged:

cpeter1313 wrote:
The BBT says inessence that the universe began as a state of energy that exploded outward, eventually cooling down and allowing energy to convert to atomic structures. Nowhere do they mention a dot. Perhaps you were told about singularities, but that's not the same as a dot. Evidntly, you had a horrendous science education, or you just didn't pay attention.
<quoted text>
I am still amazed at how two of our planets spin in the opposite direction then all others, kinda don't make sense with the whole spinning idea does it???:)

Since: Jun 08

Atrisco Village

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

Judged:

cpeter1313 wrote:
As I noted earlier, I had a sister who died a month after birth. The hospital gave my parents exactly this choice; they could hook her up to every machine hey had at the time, with no guarantee she'd live more than a couyle months, or not. They chose only the things that would allow her whatever comfort possible while she clung to life. For 28 days, she suffered very little, then her massively-damaged heart failed. I can't conceive of any decision being better.
<quoted text>
Sounds like your parents were allowed to make the best decision for your sister, for them and for your family. The same thing happens regularly at my workplace. Not once has anyone been deceived, coerced or forced to do anything. I hate to disappoint the fundies...

Atrisco Village

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

Judged:

rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
It was brought up by someone else another gave an explanation of the BBT .. also i was assured 3 days ago by a pc poster that there is a crossover on the forum with beliefs..i have seen some also making fun of religious belief as a basis for prolife beliefs. SO it seemed appropriate. If one believes the sanctity of all life comez from God then it is appropriate..
Anyhow i have fully expressed what i do believe about the Creator. As I also said we were given free will to believe or not. I can only speak for myself..
And decide medical decisions only for yourself, including abortion matters. Thank you.
Gtown71

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

Judged:

not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>
You chose to allow master blaster to define Atheism for all atheists?
Looks to me like your faith and trust is in 'master blaster'.
God knows you've committed idolatry now.....
Good luck with that.
I don't believe in luck anymore. I would have no problem walking under a ladder, kicking a black cat, into mirrors that break, just before swinging out over Hell on a rotten grape vine, singing Amazing Grace. That is how "solid " my faith is in the one true God.
I may /will stumble, but I will never ever fall.
Master blaster says he is a rational thinker, and that I must leave my brain in neutral. Yet he believes in spinning dots /masses.:)

Atrisco Village

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

Judged:

Doc Degall wrote:
<quoted text>
Nothing. Just because some oppose abortion on religious grounds does not make it an issue of religion. It is an issue of basic fundamental human rights. Argue it on that basis....if you can. My guess is you can't. If you could you'd have already done it by now.
I can and I have, several times. Not with you, apparently. Sorry you missed it. You seem to have alienated everyone on this thread. Live and learn, my friend :-\
Gtown71

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

Judged:

rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>.
I like to think that if there was a big bang..it was the voice of the Creator speaking creation into existence..its much more plausible than believing in energy or whatever just coincidentally coming into existence and then evolving into the intricacies that occur in each form of life that exists.
To me it takes more faith in the improbable..and is a religion in itself.
And if one believes that all of this happened by mysterious energy..what happens if they use that collided thing and actually duplicate it or whatever it is they are trying to do..the lengths that people will go to to deny that there was nothing but the Creator God in the beginning.
Yes, they go to great lengths. They know if God is real "and He is " then they may be in trouble. I can relate, even when I didn't believe in any god, I couldn't buy the old bang theory :)

Atrisco Village

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

Judged:

rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh is that legal
Seems like the only forcing that is legal is to have tge abortion..or call it coersion..
I thought a woman always legally has the choice to abort
You are either very confused, very stoned, or very ignorant. I don't really care which one is your problem. Good luck with it.
Gtown71

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

Judged:

cpeter1313 wrote:
It's a sad story, but it happened before I was born. But it certainly showed me at an early age how to deal with tough situations and death.
<quoted text>
Sorry for your loss, and wanted you to know I got a new chick tract in the mail today called reverend wonderful, about how this very much loved reverend went to hell. I thought you would love it.
Also got one about a child molestor that went to Heaven.
That's how it truly can be.

Many "good " people go to Hell, and many "bad " go to Heaven.
I know of one bad person going :)

Atrisco Village

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

Judged:

Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
I prefer passionate creative thinker, but weirdo works.:)
You're a strong lady, and really been on my mind. I wish I could show you elise, but I can't.
Go away, you hypocritical, gross and slimey creep.

Since: Feb 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2013

Bit-O-Honey wrote:
<quoted text>
Since it was NOT an "abortion clinic", its not so strange.
I know you know this, since the exact same discussion happened a few weeks ago and you were part of it.
WHY do you want to make yourself appear stupid?
<quoted text>
Says who? Other than the drug dealers he was supplying, who EXACTLY claimed they were satisfied customers?
You're making this claim, SURELY you can back it up.
Nah - dont bother. Its well known what a lying POS you are.
"Since it was NOT an "abortion clinic", its not so strange.
I know you know this, since the exact same discussion happened a few weeks ago and you were part of it."

It wasn't????
rosesz

Pompano Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2013

Judged:

Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
My prayer, is that YOU get what you ask for, and you to have a "story " to tell soon.
So do I but tge thing is ..first comes faiglth thru grace. And that can be asked for through Christ..
rosesz

Pompano Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2013

Judged:

LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Yet not ONE SINGLE pedophile priest that was arrested, was found to be gay.
So much for THAT theory.
Seriously Tomtom, get over this irrational fear you have. It makes you look stupider than we already know you to be.
Yay we agree this time. Pedophiles ars pedophiles the like children. They think they are normal..

It is a sad thing about so much covering up ovrr the decades..i cannot figure out why..once the higher ups realized the problem..if they wanted to cover up..they didnt send those priests to one of the many monasric settjngs they own instead of to othef parishes..at least they would not have reoffended..living up some mountain with no temptation might have been good for their souls...too bad there are no islands to permanently banish all pedophiles to..IMHO

What is so sad is that the Catholic Churcvh has done so much good in the world..so many charities they have been pioneers in....I have a feeling we are going to see a lot more of it from tbis very humble man who has just become Pope Francis..Pray it is so. It is sad that the church and its members and priests have been all judged by the actions of these criminals..
rosesz

Pompano Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2013

Judged:

elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>Sounds like your parents were allowed to make the best decision for your sister, for them and for your family. The same thing happens regularly at my workplace. Not once has anyone been deceived, coerced or forced to do anything. I hate to disappoint the fundies...
We or at least I do not believe that in a dire situation it is necessary to give more than
n palliative care..terminal babies do not need to suffer on rsspirators indefinitely..but as in the sad case of Cpters sister ...palliative care and comfort should be given. I am glad it was. Fundamentalists dont beluve in making chikdren suffer
just to keep them minimally alive..

And that is such a sad thing cpter sorry for your loss..

Since: Feb 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2013

Judged:

cpeter1313 wrote:
Because gosnell's actions were with criminal intent, you christ-sucking, papa-humping, illiterate yenta. Either learn what the law is or STFU.
<quoted text>
What criminal intent?

"Gosnell refused to comment on the shocking allegations about frozen bodies kept at his clinic or any of the prior complaints against him but remained upbeat saying, "I expect to be vindicated." He also offered this oddly phrased defense of his work, "I can not have control over the accomplishments in terms of how people view them, but I know I have done my very best to provide the very best of responsive care to my patients."

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2013/...

"I feel in the long term I will be vindicated I aspire to perfection, certainly for my patients," Gosnell said in a March 2010 interview, following the federal drug raid that led to the revelation regarding the allegations of horrific medical abuses.

In the same interview, he added that he was "a positive force in the community" and was only helping the vulnerable teens and women get medical care."

http://www.policymic.com/articles/28582/kermi...

It doesn't sound like he was operating with "criminal intent" to me-he was just helping poor women get the care that they wanted.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2013

Judged:

rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Yay we agree this time. Pedophiles ars pedophiles the like children. They think they are normal..
It is a sad thing about so much covering up ovrr the decades..i cannot figure out why..once the higher ups realized the problem..if they wanted to cover up..they didnt send those priests to one of the many monasric settjngs they own instead of to othef parishes..at least they would not have reoffended..living up some mountain with no temptation might have been good for their souls...too bad there are no islands to permanently banish all pedophiles to..IMHO
What is so sad is that the Catholic Churcvh has done so much good in the world..so many charities they have been pioneers in....I have a feeling we are going to see a lot more of it from tbis very humble man who has just become Pope Francis..Pray it is so. It is sad that the church and its members and priests have been all judged by the actions of these criminals..
Pedophilia is not 'sad'. It is ego-driven sexual acts, against those who cannot understand or fight back, and it is pre-meditated evil.
The fact that contributors to, and supporters of, the Catholic Church, are being judged for their continued contributions and support, of an organization dedicated to avoiding prosecution of evil pedophiles, and the persecution of anyone it 'disapproves' of, is not 'sad'. It is a reaction to the evil of pedophilia, and the exasperation of those whom the Church despises for being what 'God' created them to be.
And how is that sweeping judgment of Catholics, any different than the sweeping judgment you'd like to apply to all providers of women's health care, in the wake of Gosnell's trial?
What is 'sad', is the gullible nature of folks who think 'God' is some kind of magician, who rewards them, and punishes others.
The Divine is not a 'being'. It is consciousness, and the ability to do good in the world. And it is inherent in all of us.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2013

Judged:

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you listen to the video? It's chilling.
If you don't aid a child struggling for live or transport it to a hospital, then you ARE killing it.
Tell it to the hundreds of people who allow the 'plug' to be pulled on vegetative loved ones, daily, in facilities across the country.

I'm sure they'll feel much better, when you've explained to them that they've 'killed' their loved one. Perhaps they'll send you cards at Christmas.
huskerlicious

Falls City, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2013

Judged:

LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Yet not ONE SINGLE pedophile priest that was arrested, was found to be gay.
So much for THAT theory.
Seriously Tomtom, get over this irrational fear you have. It makes you look stupider than we already know you to be.
Many were. So were a lot of Rabbis, teachers, neighbors, babysitters, etc.
Chick Brilliance Returns

Southbury, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2013

Judged:

For knutter and stInk and all you other "gawd is gunna show YOU" wingnuts:

"What exactly did the researchers find? Symptoms of mental illness were more common among those in the punitive god group than in the deistic god or benevolent god groups."
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/mobileweb/2013/...

But I already knew you were nuts. No one needs a study to see that!

:-D

“Pro-Life”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2013

Judged:

cpeter1313 wrote:
It's a sad story, but it happened before I was born. But it certainly showed me at an early age how to deal with tough situations and death.
<quoted text>
It didn't teach you any such thing. People don't learn about how to "deal with" tough situations or death through having a human life killed.

What it actually taught you, and you display it here every day, is to disrespect human life, including that of your killed sibling. Your mother taught you, through her actions of disrespecting her own child in utero, was that your biological sibling was nothing to give a second thought to.

Pretend you aren't reading this, but I know you read my posts, you just have no sensible replies.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent NCAA Basketball Discussions

Search the NCAA Basketball Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 7 min Yeah 1,078,914
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 10 min number four 224,015
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 54 min PEE PEE PETE 26,649
urgent loan needed apply now (Sep '13) Jul 20 Danny 2
loan needed (Dec '13) Jul 20 Danny 4
Hairston's bounceback game highlights big day f... Jul 16 Go go d 1
How to recover lost data from iPhone/iPad/iPod- (Jan '14) Jul 15 AnnCarter 8
•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••