Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Comments (Page 13,779)

Showing posts 275,561 - 275,580 of303,252
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Jun 08

Atrisco Village

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>If that's the message you're getting, there's something wrong with YOU, honey.
Namely, that the independent medical decisions on the part of women you'll never meet, royally piss you off.
I recommend anger management classes.
He's not mad, he's sad. Poor, sad clown:'(

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

Judged:

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no other interest than the life of the child.
You mean embryo or fetus.

Says you. It still doesn't grant the fetus any civil rights.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

cpeter1313 wrote:
Then go and sin no more...:)
I was probably too harsh, but having known victims of abuse, I get a bit angry when they are seemingly blamed for "allowing" their abuser's actions.
I have to admit, I'd love to see the faces on kids when their parents sit them down and tell their kids that they can't be pimps and ho's when they grow up!
<quoted text>
You weren't too harsh...that was a really shitty reply, and I'm feeling pretty contrite right at the moment.

I get shitty when folks act like being a victim isn't a subconscious or catalytic choice. It was a hard lesson to learn for me, and apparently I'm still learning. My apologies for having communicated my feelings so poorly, and with such scorn toward those who haven't started learning it yet. You were right on...and thanks for the spanking.

>;)

As far as your scenario...priceless.
Gtown71

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

cpeter1313 wrote:
You have a delusion and I know what the big bang theory is.
I didn't say sex was just good for our species' survival; I said it was healthy. Stop the frigging lying, o devout godsucker.
<quoted text>
Please chill cpeter, I realized I missread your post about the survival thingy ok? Forgive? Or do you believe in forgiveness?

Plus perhaps I'm wrong, and for sure no where near a scientist, but last time I glanced, the textbooks talked of a dot the size of a period at the end of this sentence. < right there, do you see it. Ok I'll play you a sec trying to catch a date? < there that's better ;)
That dot began to spin so fast that it exploded into the universe? Am I missing something or is it YOU not wanting to own up to what you believe, becouse I just went through this with master blaster, another atheist, and there is something about the ole dot >< That really gets you guys fired up.

I think it is becouse you think christians must leave behind all rational thinking to believe as they do, YET you put your faith and trust in a dot!!!

Atrisco Village

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
You know, when you have to lie like this, you've already lost the argument.
He's such a drama queen. It's the pro-life standby stance when they can't argue on logic and the Constitution. I hope they keep it up. It's awesome!

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Please chill cpeter, I realized I missread your post about the survival thingy ok? Forgive? Or do you believe in forgiveness?
Plus perhaps I'm wrong, and for sure no where near a scientist, but last time I glanced, the textbooks talked of a dot the size of a period at the end of this sentence. < right there, do you see it. Ok I'll play you a sec trying to catch a date? < there that's better ;)
That dot began to spin so fast that it exploded into the universe? Am I missing something or is it YOU not wanting to own up to what you believe, becouse I just went through this with master blaster, another atheist, and there is something about the ole dot >< That really gets you guys fired up.
I think it is becouse you think christians must leave behind all rational thinking to believe as they do, YET you put your faith and trust in a dot!!!
You chose to allow master blaster to define Atheism for all atheists?

Looks to me like your faith and trust is in 'master blaster'.
God knows you've committed idolatry now.....
Good luck with that.

Atrisco Village

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Coersion is not "forcing". No woman is forced at the point of a gun to have a LEGAL abortion.
Nobody is in the room where the medcial procedure is happening except for the medical personel and the woman.
She CAN say NO.
Period.
If the woman feels coerced - that's on HER. Nothing you Jo nor I nor anyone else can say NO for her. Making abortion illegal - particularly and specifically in the first trimester - is NEVER going to happen. That's long been established law. Even an overturning of RvW will not change that - you DO understand that right?
If a woman feels coerced, its on HER to seek help, and help IS out there. Harassing women going into health clinics, bitching meaninglessly on a messageboard, making up hystronic nonsensical crap about "victims" is meaningless.
How many women are coerced into staying pregnant? Plenty, but I guess these hypocrites don't worry about the kids that are raised by mothers who didn't want them. Just get them born and forget them, that's the "pro-life" way.
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Aristotle also thought of God in conceptual terms. His existance, according to Aristotle, could be proven by rational argument. For example, the fact that there is motion in the universe requires a prior cause of motion- that is a mover. This is the cause and effect theory. The unmoved mover and the uncaused cause is a partial description of God.

Atrisco Village

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
And SHOCKED I'm sure. Need those smelling salts? LOL
My oh my, ah do feel faint...lol

Atrisco Village

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Gosnell was not - in general - doing legal abortions. Not much was legal that was going on in his clinic.
Stop being an ass and trying to compare the murderer Gosnell with actual health clinics that are well regulated and operating well within the limits of the law Inkstain.
I see you're back to make your usual fool of yourself. Idiot.
Her sick fantasy is that all abortion providers are just like Gosnell. There's something wrong with her.

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

Judged:

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Gosnell took care of thousands of "medical emergencies" a year. What a guy looking out for his patients.
And many priests looked after their "flock" by raping parishioners children.

I think we can agree that there are bad people out there who should not be doing what it is they're doing.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

Judged:

I usually charge extra for spankings...:)
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>You weren't too harsh...that was a really shitty reply, and I'm feeling pretty contrite right at the moment.
I get shitty when folks act like being a victim isn't a subconscious or catalytic choice. It was a hard lesson to learn for me, and apparently I'm still learning. My apologies for having communicated my feelings so poorly, and with such scorn toward those who haven't started learning it yet. You were right on...and thanks for the spanking.
>;)
As far as your scenario...priceless.

Atrisco Village

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

Judged:

Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
I get it!!! I truly do!!! There is no easy answer. We are sinful people, we Will do sinful things. Someone must pay for our choices. I am not a woman, but is it normal to want the life inside you gone at any cost? It must mean the sex it took to produce it was just as empty as the womb post abortion /dnc??? I refer back to my first statement -we are sinners /we Will sin.
It doesn't fit in the evolution scale, but thanks be to God for grace and mercy, to all and any who wish to have it.
You can state your opinion all day long, but it's not relevant to anyone but you. Thankfully for sharing, though :-)

Atrisco Village

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

Judged:

Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Knowing what I know, if we must have legal abortion, then yes I would want it to be as safe as possible for the woman that is obtaining the abortion. We know the outcome of the baby, but spiritualy speaking -I feel I "know " what happens to the babies, and can only pray the woman finds the peace she needs. I wouldn't wish any harm on any woman seeking an abortion, not ever! She can.live to fight through her own issues.
Good! That's all we want: the right to make our own medical decisions in privacy, with no interference. You have the right to feel and say what you want about it.

Atrisco Village

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

Judged:

Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
I disagree, there is no way with all of the abortions that have taken place since RvW, that it hasn't effected all of us in some way. I must admit I've missed your flare :)
Tell elise I miss her to, but she still "knows " I'm a jerk :(
I hope all is well with you and her. And your wife, and I do mean that.:)
I have no I'll will toward any, just killing time on my way to the house.
What if all posters was like me, wouldn't it be a magical place :) lol
Yes, you are a jerk. Some of my favorite people are jerks. I just control how much interaction with me they are allowed. Hope you are doing well.

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

Judged:

elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>Her sick fantasy is that all abortion providers are just like Gosnell. There's something wrong with her.
The fundies are hung up on this ONE guy because they can point and say "see how evil proaborts are?" Yet, when someone points out the many priests who preyed on children we are told that they are only a small number and do not represent the many fine priests that are out there.

It's that ole double-standard.

Atrisco Village

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

Judged:

cpeter1313 wrote:
Hey!
Can you believe the lengths these jerks would go to in order to control women?
<quoted text>
Being a woman, yes, I do. It's a long, arduous war. We will win, with fine men like you and many others at our side.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

The BBT says inessence that the universe began as a state of energy that exploded outward, eventually cooling down and allowing energy to convert to atomic structures. Nowhere do they mention a dot. Perhaps you were told about singularities, but that's not the same as a dot. Evidntly, you had a horrendous science education, or you just didn't pay attention.
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
sasssylicious

Jackson, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

Judged:

not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>You're an idiot.
Gosnell is on trial for murder, among numerous other crimes, because WOMEN died under his knife.
They were determined to have abortions, but didn't have access to a safe one. That's a result of the regulations such as 'wider hallways,' and 'distance from a school' which closed many clinics otherwise following the law.
Pro-choice isn't in favor of ridiculous limits on access to legal safe abortion.
That would be your team.
Women die during abortions. You did know that right? Are the Drs of those women,*murderes* too? According to foo,this risk goes with any medical procedure...so...what did Gosnell do wrong in your opinion?

Atrisco Village

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

Judged:

Bit-O-Honey wrote:
<quoted text>
You clearly are ignorant of the case. Many of these women, who HAVE stepped forward, were drugged and had their abortions done against their will.
She's right. You're stupid for stupid's sake.
BTW idiot, he's NOT in business. He's in jail on murder charges.
Why does Ink introduce the same questions, over and over? What is wrong with the woman? Dementia?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 275,561 - 275,580 of303,252
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent NCAA Basketball Discussions

Search the NCAA Basketball Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 25 min andet1987 216,878
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 34 min RoxLo 1,034,083
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 7 hr Fight On 26,094
Syracuse basketball: Jim Boeheim tells ESPN Tyl... Apr 14 Lenox Da Kid 2
loan offer (Jun '13) Apr 14 Bryan Cranston 81
Burke Calls Shots With The Best (Feb '08) Apr 12 maryann 19
Do you hate UK Wildcats, we DO :-) (Apr '11) Apr 12 plenty 49
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••