Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday 305,671
Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision. Full Story

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#293268 Apr 24, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
I disagree, there is no way with all of the abortions that have taken place since RvW, that it hasn't effected all of us in some way.
I disagree - the number of abortions only indicates that some women are getting abortions. It doesn't 'effect' anything, except a job for the guy doing the counting.

Now, since I know that's not what you meant, I also disagree that the 'staggering numbers' of abortions affect all of us - at least to the extent that you infer. The number of abortions is
a)a statistic, which can be used in any way the user chooses to contextualize it,
and
b)a number.

That's it.

The legality of abortion however, has certainly 'effected' a huge brawl in the political arena, and THAT has affected all of us -
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>I have no I'll will toward any, just killing time on my way to the house.
Which must be why you started this gig with the threat of our eventual smiting. Friendly fella, you are.
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>What if all posters was like me, wouldn't it be a magical place :) lol
Sure, if you're into black majik...but that's never been my favorite.

lol
Gtown71

United States

#293269 Apr 24, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
They don't need to get your permission to believe as they wish. Just as you have the right to believe in your ridiculous god, they can believe they have the right to make their own medical decisions. However, the law supports THEIR "belief".
<quoted text>
Yes cpeter -I have God -you have a >< dot.
you stated in an earlier post how powerful and good our sex life is to our species survival, but how does gay sex fit that at all?

I to used to thinl those who believe in God was ridiculous . Now I would swing over Hell on a rotten grapevine singing amazing grace, my faith is so sound in a true living God!

I praise His Holy Name, for He alone is Worthy to be praised!!!
Jesus Christ truly will /can save you!!
rosesz

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#293270 Apr 24, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>I raised my sons not to rape or be pimps. Raise your daughters to defend themselves against attackers, and not to sell their bodies for sex.
Battered women choose crappy men, and/or to stay with jerks who abuse them. There are no victims...only volunteers. I know - I left my abuser, and have never subjected myself to another one. It's called 'self-respect'. I got some.
We ALWAYS have choices. Some are harder to make than others, but the choices are always there, and they are always our own.
Then I think you are a very strong person to get away. But not all women are strong..some are only used to abuse from childhood. Some are just children who have been caught up in situations where they have no control. And their abusers can get away with pimping them out or abusing them because they are victims..and some are forced into abortions just like they are forced in every part of their lives. I soul prey they could all be strong..but reality is some are not..

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#293271 Apr 24, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
you stated in an earlier post how powerful and good our sex life is to our species survival, but how does gay sex fit that at all?
I to used to thinl those who believe in God was ridiculous . Now I would swing over Hell on a rotten grapevine singing amazing grace, my faith is so sound in a true living God!
I'm not surprised that you don't understand that sex is for more than procreation.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#293272 Apr 24, 2013
I am the strongest advocate of safe sex you will ever know. But heteros for the most part ignore it. Their problem, not mine.

Sex is a biological need regardless of "relationship". You can use whatever context you wish for sex and others will do the same.

Yes--those who don't believe in a religion aren't in any way required to give a damn about its tenets.

Anyon who doesn't understand tires needs a trainer and a handler. Stop hanging around with complete cretins.

Getting a splinter removed is a non-invasive treatment; amputation is a major procedure. BUT, both are medical procedures. Abortion is just another medical decision; any philosophical arguments are irrelevant to that FACT.

Actually, tht's not what the big bang theory says, but why not have your friend with the tire issue explain it to you?
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Your post is a prime example of what message is being sent, who cares about safe sex, when all is covered at the expense of a life, and a womans life experience.
Your last sentence is beliether argung it? Ask your friend with the tire issueved by many, I used to also believe that way.
I no longer think sex is near a big a deal as the "world " would have us believe. There must be more to any relationship, that's worth its weight in salt.
I think sex is a beautiful thing designed by God, that has been just about as twisted as it can get by a satanic force, but hey since you don't believe in all that mess, it doesn't apply to you right?
I knew a man who couldn't wrap his head around how air can hold up a car while under pressure in tires. It is still truth, regaurdless of what he thinks, true?
Would you compare getting a splinter taken out of your thumb, the same as having a leg amputated? Then why bunch abortion in like it is the same as any medical choice. It isn't.
Ok no God -just a dot >< this size that began to spin sooo fast, it exploded into all we now have? Wow, and we christians get accused of not thinking rational?!?!?
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

#293273 Apr 24, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
No, it's irrelevant because it is. Motives are not the issue. Civil rights are. Neither of us can answer the question. Only each state would be able to do so.
And again, it's irrelevant to the issue of civil rights. The only parties that have civil rights for the issue of abortion are the woman who is pregnant, and the state she's getting her abortion in.
It still amounts to the protection of the fetus from it's mother.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#293274 Apr 24, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
It still amounts to the protection of the fetus from it's mother.
Not really. It amounts to a state protecting their own interest, those that choose to, that is. Why they do so is neither here nor there.

And STILL, the only parties that have civil rights in this instance, are the woman who is pregnant, and the state. Not the embryo/fetus.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#293275 Apr 24, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
Well, that was a fucton of stupid.
You're quite correct. Having re-read it, I've come to the same conclusion: It was a function of prettydamnstupid.
cpeter1313 wrote:
I don't know how bad your family is on such things, but my parents never had to tell us not to rape, become pimps, or prostitute ourselves. It was kind of a given.
Neither did my parents, and neither did I have to 'tell' my kids...I led by example, and showed them respect. But I failed to explain that well, in my stupid wave of self-righteous blather.
cpeter1313 wrote:
Defending yourself against a rapist is easier said than done, especially if the rapist is armed.
Which is why I took self defense classes, and armed myself - but those were choices available to me as the result of other choices I made. That's really what I was trying to get across, and I did a really bad job of it.
cpeter1313 wrote:
So you chose a crappy mate and were abused--and now you are lashing out at others who make the same mistake?
That's exactly what I sounded like. Good call.
cpeter1313 wrote:
Where was your self-respect when you were being abused?
Pretty much in the toilet - which allowed me to choose that person in the first place.
cpeter1313 wrote:
Among the choices that are your own is the one to remain pregnant or not.
I know.
cpeter1313 wrote:
Hypocrite much?
Apparently so.

I'll try to do better next time.

:)

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

#293276 Apr 24, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Why didn't these women have access to a safe abortion?
So where are all the PA women having their abortions now if Gosnell was the ONLY place to get one?
Access includes affordability Ink. These women were low income. It's what happens when you believe you're helping to kill children by donating a few bucks to government regulated facilities like PP. Babies still die when you don't, they're just bigger.

Indianapolis

#293277 Apr 24, 2013
You have a delusion and I know what the big bang theory is.

I didn't say sex was just good for our species' survival; I said it was healthy. Stop the frigging lying, o devout godsucker.
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

#293278 Apr 24, 2013
AyakaNeo wrote:
<quoted text>Access includes affordability Ink. These women were low income. It's what happens when you believe you're helping to kill children by donating a few bucks to government regulated facilities like PP. Babies still die when you don't, they're just bigger.
Gosnell charged for the abortions and made quite a heafty living.
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

#293279 Apr 24, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Not really. It amounts to a state protecting their own interest, those that choose to, that is. Why they do so is neither here nor there.
There is no other interest than the life of the child.

Indianapolis

#293280 Apr 24, 2013
Then go and sin no more...:)

I was probably too harsh, but having known victims of abuse, I get a bit angry when they are seemingly blamed for "allowing" their abuser's actions.

I have to admit, I'd love to see the faces on kids when their parents sit them down and tell their kids that they can't be pimps and ho's when they grow up!
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>You're quite correct. Having re-read it, I've come to the same conclusion: It was a function of prettydamnstupid.
<quoted text>Neither did my parents, and neither did I have to 'tell' my kids...I led by example, and showed them respect. But I failed to explain that well, in my stupid wave of self-righteous blather.
<quoted text>Which is why I took self defense classes, and armed myself - but those were choices available to me as the result of other choices I made. That's really what I was trying to get across, and I did a really bad job of it.
<quoted text>That's exactly what I sounded like. Good call.
<quoted text>Pretty much in the toilet - which allowed me to choose that person in the first place.
<quoted text>I know.
<quoted text>Apparently so.
I'll try to do better next time.
:)

Since: Jun 08

Atrisco Village

#293281 Apr 24, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>But in reality, you have no clue either way.
Even in cases of coercion, the choice resides with the pregnant woman. She also has the choice to IGNORE or LEAVE the asshole insisting she abort, rather than terminate a wanted pregnancy. If the person threatens her, she has the choice to take out a restraining order against that person, and the choice to press X by assault charges. She is not FORCED to abort. She can't be. She's the one signing the paperwork.
Gosh, I wonder how concerned these people are that sometimes women are coerced into doing drugs, committing crimes, etc that effect their born children.

Atrisco Village

#293282 Apr 24, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Both are choices that effect others lives. No matter how much they suppress their feelings, many come away with guilt and regret, that they should never have to endure either, but you are right it is and will be legal for a long time, perhaps forever. It is still kinda sad, that there is no limit, you can't even kill full grown deer, or catch full grown fish at that rate. Sad.
Life can be sad. Deal with it.

Atrisco Village

#293283 Apr 24, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>If that's the message you're getting, there's something wrong with YOU, honey.
Namely, that the independent medical decisions on the part of women you'll never meet, royally piss you off.
I recommend anger management classes.
He's not mad, he's sad. Poor, sad clown:'(

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#293284 Apr 24, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no other interest than the life of the child.
You mean embryo or fetus.

Says you. It still doesn't grant the fetus any civil rights.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Proudly Pro-choice

#293285 Apr 24, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
Then go and sin no more...:)
I was probably too harsh, but having known victims of abuse, I get a bit angry when they are seemingly blamed for "allowing" their abuser's actions.
I have to admit, I'd love to see the faces on kids when their parents sit them down and tell their kids that they can't be pimps and ho's when they grow up!
<quoted text>
You weren't too harsh...that was a really shitty reply, and I'm feeling pretty contrite right at the moment.

I get shitty when folks act like being a victim isn't a subconscious or catalytic choice. It was a hard lesson to learn for me, and apparently I'm still learning. My apologies for having communicated my feelings so poorly, and with such scorn toward those who haven't started learning it yet. You were right on...and thanks for the spanking.

>;)

As far as your scenario...priceless.
Gtown71

United States

#293286 Apr 24, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
You have a delusion and I know what the big bang theory is.
I didn't say sex was just good for our species' survival; I said it was healthy. Stop the frigging lying, o devout godsucker.
<quoted text>
Please chill cpeter, I realized I missread your post about the survival thingy ok? Forgive? Or do you believe in forgiveness?

Plus perhaps I'm wrong, and for sure no where near a scientist, but last time I glanced, the textbooks talked of a dot the size of a period at the end of this sentence. < right there, do you see it. Ok I'll play you a sec trying to catch a date? < there that's better ;)
That dot began to spin so fast that it exploded into the universe? Am I missing something or is it YOU not wanting to own up to what you believe, becouse I just went through this with master blaster, another atheist, and there is something about the ole dot >< That really gets you guys fired up.

I think it is becouse you think christians must leave behind all rational thinking to believe as they do, YET you put your faith and trust in a dot!!!

Atrisco Village

#293287 Apr 24, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
You know, when you have to lie like this, you've already lost the argument.
He's such a drama queen. It's the pro-life standby stance when they can't argue on logic and the Constitution. I hope they keep it up. It's awesome!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 6 min John Galt 1,110,104
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 33 min ChristINSANITY is... 227,712
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 1 hr PEE PEE PETE 27,421
Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 18 hr broombroom 200,976
Freshman Jonah Bolden declared ineligible for U... Sep 12 Brew In 1
Indiana Basketball: 2015 Forward Juwan Morgan C... Sep 11 Mike Williams 1
ACC Tournament 2014: Biggest Storylines to Watc... (Mar '14) Sep 11 Anonymous 2
•••
•••

NCAA Basketball People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••