Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday 307,055
Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision. Full Story
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

#293187 Apr 24, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text> Not for YOU.
<quoted text>
Oh get a damn grip. Again, its a MEDICAL PROCEDURE. One that's been banned for YEARS now. Women that have these kinds of procedures aren't drowning the fetus in sulphuric acid, or hanging the fetus from their toes and whipping them to death. Often these are medical emergencies, and there isn't TIME for this kind of melodramatic contemplation.
<quoted text>
Gosnell took care of thousands of "medical emergencies" a year. What a guy looking out for his patients.
Gtown71

United States

#293188 Apr 24, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>Then "you and many others" are perfectly free to express your beliefs by never, ever, ever, ever getting an abortion. You don't get to express those beliefs, by obligating everyone else to follow them.
<quoted text> Roe v Wade was a compromise between those two extremes. If it is overturned, or if personhood for fetuses is authorized by law, the extreme view that "...if a woman is pregnant for any reason and even if it is clear she will die, she should just go ahead and die..." will preside.
This is NOT a pro-life outcome, regardless of what the fetus worshipers call themselves.
<quoted text>Then why do you insist women die for your beliefs?? Why do you insist children be born into lives without 'grace' or 'mercy' just on your say-so? I call bullshit on your 'grace and mercy'. It looks more like 'obsession and ignorance' to me.
<quoted text>The message is "Women are people with rights, and those rights include making our own medical decisions, without interference from the State, our parents, our pastors, or fetus worshipers like you."
Sorry you don't LIKE this message...but not very.
The message you send "no.matter how fancy you package it "is worship sex, and we will kill anything that gets in your way :(
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

#293189 Apr 24, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Fetuses don't have civil rights, which are what our laws are based upon. They also don't even know they exist to exercise such rights even if they had them.
"Baby" is a term of endearment, no more. I call my youngest daughter "Baby" sometimes, but she's 19, and not really one, either.
Then why is there a time limit on when a woman can legally abort her child?

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#293190 Apr 24, 2013
rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
When I
Spoke of forced abortion. I meant those cases where a man coerces the woman. And I said tho that it is usually the mom making the choice in that context.
But in reality, you have no clue either way.

Even in cases of coercion, the choice resides with the pregnant woman. She also has the choice to IGNORE or LEAVE the asshole insisting she abort, rather than terminate a wanted pregnancy. If the person threatens her, she has the choice to take out a restraining order against that person, and the choice to press assault charges. She is not FORCED to abort. She can't be. She's the one signing the paperwork.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#293191 Apr 24, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Gosnell took care of thousands of "medical emergencies" a year. What a guy looking out for his patients.
When abortion is outlawed, the Gosnells of the world will be the only abortionists out there.

What a pro-life outcome THAT will be.

I'm sure you anticipate it with joy, and troughs of drool.

Next...
Gtown71

United States

#293192 Apr 24, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
ARe you REALLY trying to equate careless drinking to making a medcial decision to abort?
Your careless drinking CAN affect me or others.
A woman chosing to abort, if its not your wife or your mistress, will NEVER affect you in ANY way.
Both are choices that effect others lives. No matter how much they suppress their feelings, many come away with guilt and regret, that they should never have to endure either, but you are right it is and will be legal for a long time, perhaps forever. It is still kinda sad, that there is no limit, you can't even kill full grown deer, or catch full grown fish at that rate. Sad.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#293193 Apr 24, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
The message you send "no.matter how fancy you package it "is worship sex, and we will kill anything that gets in your way :(
If that's the message you're getting, there's something wrong with YOU, honey.

Namely, that the independent medical decisions on the part of women you'll never meet, royally piss you off.

I recommend anger management classes.
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

#293194 Apr 24, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>But in reality, you have no clue either way.
Even in cases of coercion, the choice resides with the pregnant woman. She also has the choice to IGNORE or LEAVE the asshole insisting she abort, rather than terminate a wanted pregnancy. If the person threatens her, she has the choice to take out a restraining order against that person, and the choice to press assault charges. She is not FORCED to abort. She can't be. She's the one signing the paperwork.
Do you know how many women are killed by someone that they have a restraining order against?
Gtown71

United States

#293195 Apr 24, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Fetuses don't have civil rights, which are what our laws are based upon. They also don't even know they exist to exercise such rights even if they had them.
"Baby" is a term of endearment, no more. I call my youngest daughter "Baby" sometimes, but she's 19, and not really one, either.
I fully understand, my baby girl just turned 6, but she will always be my baby :)
But bit -roughly 3,500 girls and boys like yours and mine who get to live will die today, just one day in the usa. I don't see this as being overdramatic -I see this as a problem on an epic scale. Just follow the money. Most have a price. Even Hillary Clinton said abortion should be legal, safe, RARE.

Does the numbers ever just stagger you at all?

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#293196 Apr 24, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Then why is there a time limit on when a woman can legally abort her child?
You mean her embryo/fetus.

We've been through this before, Witless. Ignoring the answer just to ask the question again doesn't say much for your integrity.

Because the SCOTUS gave the states the right to see to their own interests after viability. They may place limits, so long as her health/life are not in danger, or there is something wrong with the fetus, in which case they CANNOT place limits on her choice.

By the way, not all states do so.

The only parties that have civil rights are the woman, and the state. Not the fetus.

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

#293197 Apr 24, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Both are choices that effect others lives. No matter how much they suppress their feelings, many come away with guilt and regret, that they should never have to endure either, but you are right it is and will be legal for a long time, perhaps forever. It is still kinda sad, that there is no limit, you can't even kill full grown deer, or catch full grown fish at that rate. Sad.
There are so many limits on abortion, and on access to safe abortion, that monsters like Gosnell are out there still, even though it's technically 'legal' to obtain and perform an abortion. When abortion becomes criminalized again, we will again have no other abortionists BUT the Gosnells of the world.

So pro-life of you, to champion that situation.

(Please detect heavy sarcasm.)

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#293198 Apr 24, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Both are choices that effect others lives. No matter how much they suppress their feelings, many come away with guilt and regret, that they should never have to endure either, but you are right it is and will be legal for a long time, perhaps forever. It is still kinda sad, that there is no limit, you can't even kill full grown deer, or catch full grown fish at that rate. Sad.
We don't make acts of personal choice illegal JUST because some will later regret making that choice. If we did, then we'd also have to make divorce, marriage and childbirth illegal as well.

When the deer and fish are living inside you, and your organ systems are being used to sustain your life, damned right you can have them removed.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#293199 Apr 24, 2013
<sigh>sorry, that should be "to sustain THEIR life".

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#293200 Apr 24, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
The message you send "no.matter how fancy you package it "is worship sex, and we will kill anything that gets in your way :(
You know, when you have to lie like this, you've already lost the argument.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#293201 Apr 24, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
What are the odds of Rosez actually reading these stories? That's why I suggested she research it. Seems some people actually appreciate the stories more when they have to dig for these themselves.
However, I appreciate you supplying links for them, Foo. Am going to read some now.
I joined their forum to simply read. That the freaking idiots like Lynne D and Skanky (among others) sit here and mouth off about things they know NOTHING about is just stupifying when you actually read these women's stories.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#293202 Apr 24, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
I fully understand, my baby girl just turned 6, but she will always be my baby :)
But bit -roughly 3,500 girls and boys like yours and mine who get to live will die today, just one day in the usa. I don't see this as being overdramatic -I see this as a problem on an epic scale. Just follow the money. Most have a price. Even Hillary Clinton said abortion should be legal, safe, RARE.
Does the numbers ever just stagger you at all?
Wrong. Approximately 3500 women will make a choice to end their pregnancies. And approximately three times as many will make the choice to CONTINUE their pregnancies.

No, the numbers don't stagger me, because I realize two things...

a)It's always a question of one woman making a choice for one pregnancy, and
b)It's none of my business.

I should care what Hillary Clinton says, why, exactly?
Gtown71

United States

#293203 Apr 24, 2013
not a playa1965 wrote:
<quoted text>If that's the message you're getting, there's something wrong with YOU, honey.
Namely, that the independent medical decisions on the part of women you'll never meet, royally piss you off.
I recommend anger management classes.
I have no ill will toward any man or woman. People may make the choices they will, but what's the difference?
We tell folks that like to drink "don't drive " "act responsible " "get a sober person to drive " and with all the world has to offer, from taxi cabs, sober friends, even some who volunteer to drive drunks around,there is no excuse for anyone to be driving while drunk, correct? If they do and they get caught, what happens? If they wreck and hurt or kill others, what happens? Not good, all day long this still goes on, and untill texting took the number 1 spot, it was booze related crashes. Should we stand up for the drunks, and say so what?? They mowed down a couple of kids on the way to the park -should they be punished, for a long time becouse of one little slip???

Same thing -with all this world has to offer, and please don't tell me how much they fail, if used properly, they work fine. Even cpeter addmits to having more encounters then I have had in.pills, yet clean as a whistle, becouse he practices safe sex.
The numbers alone should make anyone think "WHAT ARE WE DOING /ALLOWING "yet the human mind can't wrap itself around such a deal, so you must tell yourself, it is only one woman making a medical choice on their own.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#293204 Apr 24, 2013
rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
When I
Spoke of forced abortion. I meant those cases where a man coerces the woman. And I said tho that it is usually the mom making the choice in that context.
Coersion is not "forcing". No woman is forced at the point of a gun to have a LEGAL abortion.

Nobody is in the room where the medcial procedure is happening except for the medical personel and the woman.

She CAN say NO.

Period.

If the woman feels coerced - that's on HER. Nothing you nor I nor anyone else can say NO for her. Making abortion illegal - particularly and specifically in the first trimester - is NEVER going to happen. That's long been established law. Even an overturning of RvW will not change that - you DO understand that right?

If a woman feels coerced, its on HER to seek help, and help IS out there. Harassing women going into health clinics, bitching meaninglessly on a messageboard, making up hystronic nonsensical crap about "victims" is meaningless.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#293205 Apr 24, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
She also didn't have the abortion that the case was all about. It wasn't decided in time. She did say later that she WOULD have, though.
Good point! One I'd missed. Thanks!

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#293206 Apr 24, 2013
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>Rosez didn't answer my question. I'm disappointed :-\
And SHOCKED I'm sure. Need those smelling salts? LOL

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 5 min SobieskiSavedEurope 1,155,475
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 6 min Bruin For Life 28,451
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 13 min Morse 233,037
Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 4 hr sam 201,185
What role do you think humans play in global wa... 5 hr IBdaMann 2,731
Rashard Kelly's last-second putback gives No. 1... 10 hr dogman67156 1
Crossfire going to Nicaragua (Jan '08) Dec 22 arnoldodeigo 5
More from around the web