Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.
Comments
275,401 - 275,420 of 305,127 Comments Last updated 7 hrs ago

“Smart@ss”

Since: Dec 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

Judged:

rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
The choice for contraception is there for both parties
After that one persons choice(not always the moms. As in forced abortions..but usually the moms)..infringes on the rights of another..the unborn child.. and as has been made clear by at least one person here..this infringement should be allowed up to the moment of birth..sad ..
And I know that Roe made a lid of the rights of the unborn..I have said before that the forgotten victims of abortion are the mothers who abort and regret.. the prime example of whom is the lady formerly known as Roe.. it broke hdf heart and she became a beacon for proliferate..
No one tells the woman on the table any of this..
The woman on the table is making a choice and one which she will live with and if you are the religious type have to answer for in her in time. To pretend that we should create laws that allow or disallow something that is on every level a personal matter behind close doors is rather unsettling.

There is no simple answers when it comes to things of this nature, you cannot know or understand why every person that has or wants an abortion is doing it for. Who are anyone else other than that woman's place to decide if the reason they do or don't want one is a good reason?

I weep silently for the unborn who never had a shot, but I will not pretend to know even a faction of each story that comes with abortion and their reasons behind it and thus as far as I can see, there is no reason for any laws that ban it's use or allows it.
Gtown71

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

Judged:

Dajokerman wrote:
Ok ok, I will make this simple for both parties in this debate.
Woman's body = Their business, not yours.
There really should be no laws needed to band or allow for abortion. If the woman does it. Than that is her business both personally and religiously.
There I will be accepting my Nobel Peace Prize for settling this matter once and for all.
Well there seems to be no shortage, of those who wish to protect the rights of a womans body, but what about the babies body? I know, the smaller the body at time of death, the better those "protectors " feel.
The Prince

Phillipsburg, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

Judged:

Dajokerman wrote:
<quoted text>
The woman on the table is making a choice and one which she will live with and if you are the religious type have to answer for in her in time. To pretend that we should create laws that allow or disallow something that is on every level a personal matter behind close doors is rather unsettling.
There is no simple answers when it comes to things of this nature, you cannot know or understand why every person that has or wants an abortion is doing it for. Who are anyone else other than that woman's place to decide if the reason they do or don't want one is a good reason?
I weep silently for the unborn who never had a shot, but I will not pretend to know even a faction of each story that comes with abortion and their reasons behind it and thus as far as I can see, there is no reason for any laws that ban it's use or allows it.
You are just another proabortion pagan. You care not for the unborn child. Let me guess, militant Homosexual or lesbian as well. This is the place to be for your type. Probably a former Christian that just doesn't want to blieeve anymore. Paganism is for the lazy, you can do as you lke and one fo the numerous gods will be ok with it.

God is just one prayer away. The Faith will always be the Faith. You are another damaged individual who has turned to paganism as a way to try and control your fears. It won't work.

“Smart@ss”

Since: Dec 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

Judged:

Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Well there seems to be no shortage, of those who wish to protect the rights of a womans body, but what about the babies body? I know, the smaller the body at time of death, the better those "protectors " feel.
Don't mistake my belief that most people make choices like these lightly as protecting a woman's body's right as the end all be all of the topic.

I can't help but wonder who you believe has more rights. A woman that would be forced by law to give up 9 months of her life and all the health matters and cost that come with it to give birth to a child that she may not want for reasons that you or I haven't a clue is and which we have no business attempting to judge if they are good reasons.

How much should the government pay for her to carry that child to birth?$100,000? a million. what is the price for that life you stand so strongly for?

Tell me, do you know of a way in which that baby can be born without a woman that doesn't want to carry it to birth? If you know of a way then I think this whole abortion mess could be put to rest for good.

Because I sure don't know a way and I am not about to created laws that is going to force a woman to do it just because I have judged that she has no choice but to do so based on my own reasons and not hers.
Gtown71

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

Judged:

Dajokerman wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't mistake my belief that most people make choices like these lightly as protecting a woman's body's right as the end all be all of the topic.
I can't help but wonder who you believe has more rights. A woman that would be forced by law to give up 9 months of her life and all the health matters and cost that come with it to give birth to a child that she may not want for reasons that you or I haven't a clue is and which we have no business attempting to judge if they are good reasons.
How much should the government pay for her to carry that child to birth?$100,000? a million. what is the price for that life you stand so strongly for?
Tell me, do you know of a way in which that baby can be born without a woman that doesn't want to carry it to birth? If you know of a way then I think this whole abortion mess could be put to rest for good.
Because I sure don't know a way and I am not about to created laws that is going to force a woman to do it just because I have judged that she has no choice but to do so based on my own reasons and not hers.
People make choices, but if we passed laws saying you won't be held accoutable for anything you do, if you were drunk at the time, then do you think careless drinking would go up or down?

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

Judged:

RvW did nothing of the kind. Fetuses HAVE no rights. Not in the constitution and not by statute. WOMEN, on the other hand, do, and those cannot be overruled by the existence of a fetus.

Believe it or not, most women do not regret having an abortion. Do you feel sorry for women who have kids and regret doing so?
rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
After that one persons choice(not always the moms. As in forced abortions..but usually the moms)..infringes on the rights of another..the unborn child.. and as has been made clear by at least one person here..this infringement should be allowed up to the moment of birth..sad ..
And I know that Roe made a lid of the rights of the unborn..I have said before that the forgotten victims of abortion are the mothers who abort and regret.. the prime example of whom is the lady formerly known as Roe.. it broke hdf heart and she became a beacon for proliferate..

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

Judged:

"Held responsible" for a biological happenstance? Ridiculous. There is no legal punishment for getting pregnant, nor should there be.
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
People make choices, but if we passed laws saying you won't be held accoutable for anything you do, if you were drunk at the time, then do you think careless drinking would go up or down?

Since: Jun 08

Atrisco Village

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

Judged:

cpeter1313 wrote:
"Held responsible" for a biological happenstance? Ridiculous. There is no legal punishment for getting pregnant, nor should there be.
<quoted text>
Yup, and hi, there.
Gtown71

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

Judged:

cpeter1313 wrote:
<quoted text>
You seem to equate getting pregnant, as any other normal bodily function. I and many others do not. There are the extremes on both sides. One is like skinning fish, by the???? Of pounds a day with no big deal, and the others who say if a woman is pregnant for any reason and even if it is clear she will die, and her baby has already died, then they should let nature take it's course. I am all for grace and mercy, it is at my "core ", but there must be a better way /a better message being sent, other than who cares do as you please, and we will "fix" it, HELLO? ;)
rosesz

Pompano Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

Judged:

Dajokerman wrote:
<quoted text>
Very true ..the woman gives up 9 months. But the baby is forced to lose its entire life. A woman can recover from pregnancy and most do..again please note that when I argue anythind
g I am not speaking of emergency situations in which lives are st stake..any way. The baby had no choice. Its life and death are at the discretion of his mother..MOTHER. ENDing the life of her own offspring. Vs giving up a part of her life to to what a mother is soppsed to..Give that child the best life age is able to. That is what a mother does ..either by raising a child or finding loving adoptive parents for him.

I know this is the way since Roe. But to repeat myself. Roe very much regrets the whole thing.

And as to a previous comment that most abortions are early. I know that but this forum had spent days discussing a 32 week pregnancy. Which is why I was talking and asking about just how one aborted a late term. As opposed to delivering it in a life threatening situation.. most doctors in s hospital try to save both lives
IRYW

Berwyn, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

Judged:

rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Very true ..the woman gives up 9 months. But the baby is forced to lose its entire life. A woman can recover from pregnancy and most do..again please note that when I argue anythind
g I am not speaking of emergency situations in which lives are st stake..any way. The baby had no choice. Its life and death are at the discretion of his mother..MOTHER. ENDing the life of her own offspring. Vs giving up a part of her life to to what a mother is soppsed to..Give that child the best life age is able to. That is what a mother does ..either by raising a child or finding loving adoptive parents for him.
I know this is the way since Roe. But to repeat myself. Roe very much regrets the whole thing.
And as to a previous comment that most abortions are early. I know that but this forum had spent days discussing a 32 week pregnancy. Which is why I was talking and asking about just how one aborted a late term. As opposed to delivering it in a life threatening situation.. most doctors in s hospital try to save both lives
You are part of a pro-death cult. I know you are confused and like to think of pro-choice people that way but you and your ilk have it so backwards it is pathetic. You live in a world where 'every sperm is sacred' to invoke Monty Python; you think the only thing that matters is getting the zygote to the delivery room, then you pretend everything is fine. In fact, you are Pro-Death. Pro death of unwilling mothers and pro-death of millions of unwanted children. It is a fact that a certain percentage of women will die from carrying a child to full term. It is a fact that a certain percentage of unwanted fetuses will suffer damage in utero; an unwilling mother forced to carry to term is far more likely to abuse the fetus than a happily expectant mother........ the unwilling mother (especially since they are more likely to come from underprivileged sectors of society) may drink alcohol, abuse drugs, smoke cigarettes, have poor nutrition, and fail to get pre-natal care. Far more babies born with severe defects that may have been aborted will suffer horribly and die younger. Far more children will be born with lower IQs or physical problems from poor in-utero nutrition. Unwanted children, often born into the households that have the lowest education levels and incomes, are far more likely to suffer poor nutrition, poor education, and to enter a life of crime, a certain percentage of those criminals will cause the death of innocent victims; another pro-death victory for you and your cult. In addition to being pro-death you are pro-suffering. You must clap your hands with glee at the suffering of the millions of children that die starving in the third world every year; "Oh joy" you say, "another life saved". You are pro-suffering of the unwanted children that would be born in the USA with low IQ, learning disabilities, severe genetic defects, destined to menial jobs for life. You are pro-suffering of families desperately trying to survive economically by forcing them to spend money they don't have on children they don't want, money that may be needed to put food on the table for the rest of the family and maybe save a bit for retirement. This forces them to turn to welfare. So you are pro-welfare, pro-dependency, pro-foodstamps, pro-homelessness. All that in addition to being pro-suffering and pro-death.

You guys are real pros.......

“Truly Pro-Life”

Since: Nov 11

Proudly Pro-choice

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

Judged:

Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
You seem to equate getting pregnant, as any other normal bodily function. I and many others do not.
Then "you and many others" are perfectly free to express your beliefs by never, ever, ever, ever getting an abortion. You don't get to express those beliefs, by obligating everyone else to follow them.

Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
There are the extremes on both sides. One is like skinning fish, by the???? Of pounds a day with no big deal, and the others who say if a woman is pregnant for any reason and even if it is clear she will die, and her baby has already died, then they should let nature take it's course.
Roe v Wade was a compromise between those two extremes. If it is overturned, or if personhood for fetuses is authorized by law, the extreme view that "...if a woman is pregnant for any reason and even if it is clear she will die, she should just go ahead and die..." will preside.

This is NOT a pro-life outcome, regardless of what the fetus worshipers call themselves.
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
I am all for grace and mercy, it is at my "core "
Then why do you insist women die for your beliefs?? Why do you insist children be born into lives without 'grace' or 'mercy' just on your say-so? I call bullshit on your 'grace and mercy'. It looks more like 'obsession and ignorance' to me.
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
but there must be a better way /a better message being sent, other than who cares do as you please, and we will "fix" it, HELLO? ;)
The message is "Women are people with rights, and those rights include making our own medical decisions, without interference from the State, our parents, our pastors, or fetus worshipers like you."

Sorry you don't LIKE this message...but not very.
rosesz

Pompano Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

Judged:

IRYW wrote:
<quoted text>
You are part of a pro-death cult. I know you are confused and like to think of pro-choice people that way but you and your ilk have it so backwards it is pathetic. You live in a world where 'every sperm is sacred' to invoke Monty Python; you think the only thing that matters is getting the zygote to the delivery room, then you pretend everything is fine. In fact, you are Pro-Death. Pro death of unwilling mothers and pro-death of millions of unwanted children. It is a fact that a certain percentage of women will die from carrying a child to full term. It is a fact that a certain percentage of unwanted fetuses will suffer damage in utero; an unwilling mother forced to carry to term is far more likely to abuse the fetus than a happily expectant mother........ the unwilling mother (especially since they are more likely to come from underprivileged sectors of society) may drink alcohol, abuse drugs, smoke cigarettes, have poor nutrition, and fail to get pre-natal care. Far more babies born with severe defects that may have been aborted will suffer horribly and die younger. Far more children will be born with lower IQs or physical problems from poor in-utero nutrition. Unwanted children, often born into the households that have the lowest education levels and incomes, are far more likely to suffer poor nutrition, poor education, and to enter a life of crime, a certain percentage of those criminals will cause the death of innocent victims; another pro-death victory for you and your cult. In addition to being pro-death you are pro-suffering. You must clap your hands with glee at the suffering of the millions of children that die starving in the third world every year; "Oh joy" you say, "another life saved". You are pro-suffering of the unwanted children that would be born in the USA with low IQ, learning disabilities, severe genetic defects, destined to menial jobs for life. You are pro-suffering of families desperately trying to survive economically by forcing them to spend money they don't have on children they don't want, money that may be needed to put food on the table for the rest of the family and maybe save a bit for retirement. This forces them to turn to welfare. So you are pro-welfare, pro-dependency, pro-foodstamps, pro-homelessness. All that in addition to being pro-suffering and pro-death.
You guys are real pros.......
Actually I am very much more for CONTRACEPTIOn as a choice. Safe sext if you choose to have sex. Not hooking up..etc...but having made the choice not to practice this should not be a death sentence for the child..and with all the availability of such contraception..in this day and age..over 800 thousand abortions a year is ludicrous..and not all the result of being poor or having poor birth control..etc..

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

Judged:

rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
You honestly believe that a late term baby. In this case 32 weeks would feel no pain if stabbed in the head before complete delivery?? This is the type of sentiment that kept these procedures legal.for so long until health care professionals gave testimony...
.Don't you think a mom would rather hold a live child as in this example in order to say goodbye as the Pc person who started this discussion about allowing the mom to hold her wanted dead baby.
Why don't they use this magical amniotic fluid for anesthetics..I am sorry. Trying not to get upset or rude. But your statement sounds illogical and very sad.
You seem to think that everyone that has a failed pregnancy WANTS to hold a dead baby. Not everyone needs to hold something to say goodbye.

Perhaps you need to do some research on why these procedures are done in the first place, and why women choose to have them done before you pass such critical judgement.

Start here, a great site discussing LTA's from the woman's viewpoint.

http://www.aheartbreakingchoice.com/

I suggest since you've never had this issue in your life, AND deep-set preconceived notions about it, nothing anyone can say will ever convince you that its necessary sometimes - no matter HOW rare it is.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

Judged:

rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
WHY NOT DELIVER the baby who in your scenario is going to die anyway and let the mother and dad be with the child and hold and comfort the child as it takes its last breath. I realize some babies such as anencephalic or other genetically doomed children will die shortly after birth. Why make the only thing this baby ever knows be an act of violence..
I am using your example of a wanted child in dire circumstances. NO CHILD SHOULD SuFFER THAT Way..wanted or not.
Oh stop with the melodramatic bullshit. Its a medical procedure, not an act of violence.

Why dont you go here and beraate these women who've MADE their medical decision and ask THEM why.

http://www.aheartbreakingchoice.com/

You wont. None of you have the nerve to actally ask the women MAKING these decisions why they did it - because you KNOW its none of your business.

Its MUCH easier to come to a forum like this and meaninglessly harangue others who do NOTHING but support her choice to make her own medical decisions.

Anencephalic babies and other "genetically doomed" fetus's aren't going to "know" anything either way. Oftentimes a LTA is done in these cases for the WOMAN'S health. Not everyone wants to have an unnecessary medical procedure (in THIS case a C-section) to deliver a doomed child as you put it.

Who are YOU to judge? ANY of you?

Its a rhetorical question, not on of you will bother to even TRY to answer this honestly.

And fortunately, these women aren't forced to do so just to applease the sensiblities of people who's business it isnt to begin with.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

Judged:

rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Dead baby to say goodbye to vs live one to kiss goodbye( again not my example) there wouldn't even be a contest.
Not for YOU.
Either way I would be devastated. But at least I would know I was not the one who had my baby hurt and killed in a violent manner
Oh get a damn grip. Again, its a MEDICAL PROCEDURE. One that's been banned for YEARS now. Women that have these kinds of procedures aren't drowning the fetus in sulphuric acid, or hanging the fetus from their toes and whipping them to death. Often these are medical emergencies, and there isn't TIME for this kind of melodramatic contemplation.
THE real forgotten victims of this culture are the women who have had a abortions and live with guilt and loss..Especially those who feel life later on in life in their wombs and realizewhat they did ..and while this is not ALL ..it is certainly a good number...the altar of Choice has more victims who are forgotten every day....
@@ Again, more meldramatic crap. If these women are having such crippling guilt later in life about an abortion, they have MUCH more serious mental issues than just an abortion.

WOmen who've had abortions are not "victims". Period. THey made a medical decision. PARTICULARLY LTA patients.

We can second guess from our positions as armchair quarterbacks from now to doomsday, but unless and until its YOUR decision, its none of YOUR business.

Period.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

Judged:

rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
So is the choice of abortion. Deal with it.
After that one persons choice(not always the moms. As in forced abortions..but usually the moms)
In the case of LEGAL abortion - the choice IS ALWAYS the woman doing the gestatings. ALWAYS.
infringes on the rights of another..the unborn child.
A fetus does not have rights. Suck that shit up and deal with it. The rights are with the "walking around women" as Judge Scalia said.

..I have said before that the forgotten victims of abortion are the mothers who abort and regret..
And you're wrong about that.

Women who make a medical decison are not "victims". EVERYONE can and does make choices they regret. ITs called life. Normal folks deal with it, learn from it and move on.
the prime example of whom is the lady formerly known as Roe.. it broke hdf heart and she became a beacon for proliferate..
Oh horseshit. Norma McCorvey - the woman known as "ROE" had a few abortions before the Roe v Wade case. She was a screwed up individual then, an opportunist - and she still is. You dont hear a lot about her, BECAUSE her REAL story isn't a really helpful one to the anti-choice movement. She's a hypocrite who is making money off her story. She's not a victim at all.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

Judged:

elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>The vast, vast majority of abortions are performed early term, so it's just pure drama for drama's sake to keep one's only focus on LTAs, which are quite rare. Now, tell you what... Why not let each woman be free to decide what to do about her own pregnancies and you concentrate on yours. We are all accountable for our own actions. If a woman feels guilty for one of her decisions in life, she should seek counsel just like any person should. We all need to be careful what we do with our freedoms... do you want to take them away, just because you don't personally approve of what others do with them?
Exactly! Well said!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

Judged:

Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
ARe you REALLY trying to equate careless drinking to making a medcial decision to abort?

Your careless drinking CAN affect me or others.

A woman chosing to abort, if its not your wife or your mistress, will NEVER affect you in ANY way.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

Judged:

Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
You seem to equate getting pregnant, as any other normal bodily function.
That's because it is.
I and many others do not.
Tough shit. At the end of the day, if its not happening in your womb, its none of your business.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••