Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.
Comments
275,381 - 275,400 of 305,426 Comments Last updated 1 hr ago

Since: Jun 08

Atrisco Village

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

Judged:

cpeter1313 wrote:
A bunch of cultists gathered in
a parking lot and had one of their silly rituals. In the meantime, abortion is still legal and the clinic conducted business as usual.
You standard for something being "awesome" is very low indeed.
<quoted text>
Oooo, he said Mass! Take that, Planned Parenthood! Lol
Katie

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

Judged:

rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
WHY NOT DELIVER the baby who in your scenario is going to die anyway and let the mother and dad be with the child and hold and comfort the child as it takes its last breath. I realize some babies such as anencephalic or other genetically doomed children will die shortly after birth. Why make the only thing this baby ever knows be an act of violence..
I am using your example of a wanted child in dire circumstances. NO CHILD SHOULD SuFFER THAT Way..wanted or not.
The baby doesn't suffer. The amnio fluid is like an anesthetic. Ending pregnancy is about the woman's health. Unless it's her decision to refuse treatment. That's how these rights work. One pregnant woman at a time. Maybe somebody else would choose a way you describe above.

Why don't you research it yourself and read their stories? They're just as compelling as any other first hand experiences.
Gtown71

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>Oooo, he said Mass! Take that, Planned Parenthood! Lol
;)
rosesz

Fort Lauderdale, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

Judged:

Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
The baby doesn't suffer. The amnio fluid is like an anesthetic. Ending pregnancy is about the woman's health. Unless it's her decision to refuse treatment. That's how these rights work. One pregnant woman at a time. Maybe somebody else would choose a way you describe above.
Why don't you research it yourself and read their stories? They're just as compelling as any other first hand experiences.
You honestly believe that a late term baby. In this case 32 weeks would feel no pain if stabbed in the head before complete delivery?? This is the type of sentiment that kept these procedures legal.for so long until health care professionals gave testimony...

.Don't you think a mom would rather hold a live child as in this example in order to say goodbye as the Pc person who started this discussion about allowing the mom to hold her wanted dead baby.

Why don't they use this magical amniotic fluid for anesthetics..I am sorry. Trying not to get upset or rude. But your statement sounds illogical and very sad.
Katie

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

Judged:

rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
You honestly believe that a late term baby. In this case 32 weeks would feel no pain if stabbed in the head before complete delivery?? This is the type of sentiment that kept these procedures legal.for so long until health care professionals gave testimony...
.Don't you think a mom would rather hold a live child as in this example in order to say goodbye as the Pc person who started this discussion about allowing the mom to hold her wanted dead baby.
Why don't they use this magical amniotic fluid for anesthetics..I am sorry. Trying not to get upset or rude. But your statement sounds illogical and very sad.
It's a clinical view based on medical science. Unless you're the woman faced with such a difficult choice, you wouldn't have any idea how you'd handle it. But you'd want was safest and legal for yourself. Wouldn't you? You wouldn't want to be one of those women whom society seems to forget about and relegate to the fringes. Would you? All in the name subjective morality?
rosesz

Fort Lauderdale, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

Judged:

Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
It's a clinical view based on medical science. Unless you're the woman faced with such a difficult choice, you wouldn't have any idea how you'd handle it. But you'd want was safest and legal for yourself. Wouldn't you? You wouldn't want to be one of those women whom society seems to forget about and relegate to the fringes. Would you? All in the name subjective morality?
Dead baby to say goodbye to vs live one to kiss goodbye( again not my example) there wouldn't even be a contest. Either way I would be devastated. But at least I would know I was not the one who had my baby hurt and killed in a violent manner..remember the Pc person who posted said this was a wanted child..to no differencd.and for the past days we have been talking about 32 week pregnancies ended in one manner or another

Anyway. Supposedly this grotesque practice has been banned. I hope this is true..there is no excuse for cruelty.

And I cant see how killing nh baby or losing it to natural death would put me on societies fringe..though had I lost a child ..or even now..Who cares.

THE real forgotten victims of this culture are the women who have had a abortions and live with guilt and loss..Especially those who feel life later on in life in their wombs and realizewhat they did ..and while this is not ALL ..it is certainly a good number...the altar of Choice has more victims who are forgotten every day....
Katie

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

Judged:

rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Dead baby to say goodbye to vs live one to kiss goodbye( again not my example) there wouldn't even be a contest. Either way I would be devastated. But at least I would know I was not the one who had my baby hurt and killed in a violent manner..remember the Pc person who posted said this was a wanted child..to no differencd.and for the past days we have been talking about 32 week pregnancies ended in one manner or another
Anyway. Supposedly this grotesque practice has been banned. I hope this is true..there is no excuse for cruelty.
And I cant see how killing nh baby or losing it to natural death would put me on societies fringe..though had I lost a child ..or even now..Who cares.
THE real forgotten victims of this culture are the women who have had a abortions and live with guilt and loss..Especially those who feel life later on in life in their wombs and realizewhat they did ..and while this is not ALL ..it is certainly a good number...the altar of Choice has more victims who are forgotten every day....
Choosing to end your unwanted/unhealthy pregnancy would be against the law if the fundies had their way. This would push women who would make a choice most others wouldn't to the fringes of society. Seems to be what you want to do based on your subjective morality.

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

Judged:

lil Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
Delivery and c-section wouldn't be termed "abortion" except in the minds of mind bogglingly ignorant and senseless PCers who post here.
The abortion procedure you're talking about is, I believe, the D& X procedure and it's been banned, thankfully, due to the efforts of pro-lifers. Talk about inhumane. Killing a full term fetus and in that way. Unreal. But the PC idiots here would have supported it as long as it was legal.
You shouldn't post about things you have no knowledge of.

“Smart@ss”

Since: Dec 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

Judged:

Ok ok, I will make this simple for both parties in this debate.

Woman's body = Their business, not yours.

There really should be no laws needed to band or allow for abortion. If the woman does it. Than that is her business both personally and religiously.

There I will be accepting my Nobel Peace Prize for settling this matter once and for all.
rosesz

Fort Lauderdale, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

Judged:

Dajokerman wrote:
There really should be no laws needed to band or allow for abortion. If the woman does it. Than that is her business both personally and religiously.
There I will be accepting my Nobel Peace Prize for settling this matter once and for all.
The choice for contraception is there for both parties

After that one persons choice(not always the moms. As in forced abortions..but usually the moms)..infringes on the rights of another..the unborn child.. and as has been made clear by at least one person here..this infringement should be allowed up to the moment of birth..sad ..

And I know that Roe made a lid of the rights of the unborn..I have said before that the forgotten victims of abortion are the mothers who abort and regret.. the prime example of whom is the lady formerly known as Roe.. it broke hdf heart and she became a beacon for proliferate..
No one tells the woman on the table any of this..

Atrisco Village

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

Judged:

rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
The vast, vast majority of abortions are performed early term, so it's just pure drama for drama's sake to keep one's only focus on LTAs, which are quite rare. Now, tell you what... Why not let each woman be free to decide what to do about her own pregnancies and you concentrate on yours. We are all accountable for our own actions. If a woman feels guilty for one of her decisions in life, she should seek counsel just like any person should. We all need to be careful what we do with our freedoms... do you want to take them away, just because you don't personally approve of what others do with them?

Atrisco Village

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

Judged:

AyakaNeo wrote:
<quoted text>You shouldn't post about things you have no knowledge of.
If she did that, she wouldn't be able to post anything, ever.

;-) Just kidding, folks ;-)

Atrisco Village

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

Judged:

Dajokerman wrote:
Namaste, brother:-)

Atrisco Village

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

Judged:

rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
After that one persons choice(not always the moms. As in forced abortions..but usually the moms)..infringes on the rights of another..the unborn child.. and as has been made clear by at least one person here..this infringement should be allowed up to the moment of birth..sad ..
And I know that Roe made a lid of the rights of the unborn..I have said before that the forgotten victims of abortion are the mothers who abort and regret.. the prime example of whom is the lady formerly known as Roe.. it broke hdf heart and she became a beacon for proliferate..
If the unborn are given the same rights as the born, the woman's rights will be superseded by the fetus. Sorry, you can't have your way, ma'am. Work it out for yourself. We will make our medical decisions without your interference, thanks.

“Smart@ss”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

Judged:

rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>
The woman on the table is making a choice and one which she will live with and if you are the religious type have to answer for in her in time. To pretend that we should create laws that allow or disallow something that is on every level a personal matter behind close doors is rather unsettling.

There is no simple answers when it comes to things of this nature, you cannot know or understand why every person that has or wants an abortion is doing it for. Who are anyone else other than that woman's place to decide if the reason they do or don't want one is a good reason?

I weep silently for the unborn who never had a shot, but I will not pretend to know even a faction of each story that comes with abortion and their reasons behind it and thus as far as I can see, there is no reason for any laws that ban it's use or allows it.
Gtown71

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

Judged:

Dajokerman wrote:
Well there seems to be no shortage, of those who wish to protect the rights of a womans body, but what about the babies body? I know, the smaller the body at time of death, the better those "protectors " feel.
The Prince

Phillipsburg, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

Judged:

Dajokerman wrote:
<quoted text>
The woman on the table is making a choice and one which she will live with and if you are the religious type have to answer for in her in time. To pretend that we should create laws that allow or disallow something that is on every level a personal matter behind close doors is rather unsettling.
There is no simple answers when it comes to things of this nature, you cannot know or understand why every person that has or wants an abortion is doing it for. Who are anyone else other than that woman's place to decide if the reason they do or don't want one is a good reason?
I weep silently for the unborn who never had a shot, but I will not pretend to know even a faction of each story that comes with abortion and their reasons behind it and thus as far as I can see, there is no reason for any laws that ban it's use or allows it.
You are just another proabortion pagan. You care not for the unborn child. Let me guess, militant Homosexual or lesbian as well. This is the place to be for your type. Probably a former Christian that just doesn't want to blieeve anymore. Paganism is for the lazy, you can do as you lke and one fo the numerous gods will be ok with it.

God is just one prayer away. The Faith will always be the Faith. You are another damaged individual who has turned to paganism as a way to try and control your fears. It won't work.

“Smart@ss”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

Judged:

Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Well there seems to be no shortage, of those who wish to protect the rights of a womans body, but what about the babies body? I know, the smaller the body at time of death, the better those "protectors " feel.
Don't mistake my belief that most people make choices like these lightly as protecting a woman's body's right as the end all be all of the topic.

I can't help but wonder who you believe has more rights. A woman that would be forced by law to give up 9 months of her life and all the health matters and cost that come with it to give birth to a child that she may not want for reasons that you or I haven't a clue is and which we have no business attempting to judge if they are good reasons.

How much should the government pay for her to carry that child to birth?$100,000? a million. what is the price for that life you stand so strongly for?

Tell me, do you know of a way in which that baby can be born without a woman that doesn't want to carry it to birth? If you know of a way then I think this whole abortion mess could be put to rest for good.

Because I sure don't know a way and I am not about to created laws that is going to force a woman to do it just because I have judged that she has no choice but to do so based on my own reasons and not hers.
Gtown71

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

Judged:

Dajokerman wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't mistake my belief that most people make choices like these lightly as protecting a woman's body's right as the end all be all of the topic.
I can't help but wonder who you believe has more rights. A woman that would be forced by law to give up 9 months of her life and all the health matters and cost that come with it to give birth to a child that she may not want for reasons that you or I haven't a clue is and which we have no business attempting to judge if they are good reasons.
How much should the government pay for her to carry that child to birth?$100,000? a million. what is the price for that life you stand so strongly for?
Tell me, do you know of a way in which that baby can be born without a woman that doesn't want to carry it to birth? If you know of a way then I think this whole abortion mess could be put to rest for good.
Because I sure don't know a way and I am not about to created laws that is going to force a woman to do it just because I have judged that she has no choice but to do so based on my own reasons and not hers.
People make choices, but if we passed laws saying you won't be held accoutable for anything you do, if you were drunk at the time, then do you think careless drinking would go up or down?

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2013

Judged:

RvW did nothing of the kind. Fetuses HAVE no rights. Not in the constitution and not by statute. WOMEN, on the other hand, do, and those cannot be overruled by the existence of a fetus.

Believe it or not, most women do not regret having an abortion. Do you feel sorry for women who have kids and regret doing so?
rosesz wrote:
<quoted text>

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min Nostrilis Waxman 1,098,997
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 26 min Eagle 12 226,130
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 30 min Bruin Nation 27,024
I got my loan from stephenloanhelp@hotmail.com (May '13) Tue RICK SERVICE 29
offer Aug 23 Peter 1
Addition of Emmitt Holt is "Big" for Indiana Aug 23 Mike Williams 1
Ex-Hoosier Zeller embraces NBA learning Aug 23 Mike Williams 1
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

NCAA Basketball People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••