Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.
Comments
274,341 - 274,360 of 305,088 Comments Last updated 3 hrs ago
Ocean56

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Judged:

This might help girls see the difference between the two lifestyles of being a free teenager and being a teen mom BEFORE they make the mistake of having sex and possibly ending up pregnant.

If anyone can think of more benefits of lifestyle #1 or negatives of lifestyle #2, please go ahead and add them.

LIFESTYLE #1 - LIFE AS A FREE TEENAGER:
- Keeping up grades, studying, doing homework
- Participating in after-school activities
- Going to school dances and parties
- Relaxing during summer vacation
- Having fun at the junior or senior prom
- Graduating high school and attending after-graduation parties
- Moving on to college or vocational school with no restrictions

LIFSTYLE #2 - LIFE AS A TEEN MOM:
- Missing school, falling behind in classes
- Getting up two or three times at night to feed a baby
- Endless diaper changes, including stinky ones
- Losing friends who don't want to be around crying babies
- Staying home with a constantlty-crying baby while friends are out having fun
- Missing high school graduation, or even having to drop out of school before completing high school
- Losing out on the dream job/career originally planned

As a teenager who is happily NOT pregnant, which lifestyle do YOU want? Wouldn't you rather have the first lifestyle instead of the second?

You can keep Lifestyle #1 very easily, just by saying NO to any guy who pressures you to have sex. If your boyfriend says he'll break up with you if you won't have sex with him, don't cave in. Break up with HIM instead.

Keeping your freedom to BE a teenager; there's no better reason to say no.

feces for jesus

Hicksville, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Judged:

I see that Lily broke free from the loony bin again.
Bit-O-Honey

Mooresville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Judged:

Gee. One ignorant liar takes a break Ink, and the other OCD freak who is an even BIGGER liar comes back, lily or lynne or whatever name she's using today.

They must work in shifts. I wonder if Topix pays them? Because there' has to be at least ONE psychotic PL'er here at all times.
grumpy

Pomona, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Judged:

Ocean56 wrote:
This might help girls see the difference between the two lifestyles of being a free teenager and being a teen mom BEFORE they make the mistake of having sex and possibly ending up pregnant.
If anyone can think of more benefits of lifestyle #1 or negatives of lifestyle #2, please go ahead and add them.
- Missing high school graduation, or even having to drop out of school before completing high school
As a teenager who is happily NOT pregnant, which lifestyle do YOU want? Wouldn't you rather have the first lifestyle instead of the second?
You can keep Lifestyle #1 very easily, just by saying NO to any guy who pressures you to have sex. If your boyfriend says he'll break up with you if you won't have sex with him, don't cave in. Break up with HIM instead.
You left out Lifestyle #3 which is like pitching a perfect game.
No runs (born a virgin)
No hits (lived as a vrgin)
No errors (died a virgin)
STO

Vallejo, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Judged:

lil Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
No, you're a liar, and an ignorant fool. You could have easily looked up "treatments for preeclampsia" and/or "eclampsia" and gained some knowledge on the matter before posting.
You chose not to, and posted a lie that an abortion at 8 months was necessary for preeclampsia, and posted it as a PCer in an abortion forum. Abortion is not necessary for preeclampsia or eclampsia in late pregnancy.
Nothing played a part in an abortion being needed at 8 months pregnant for "preeclampsia", which was what you claimed was needed and why.
So you're telling me you were there when my mother told me what happened to her friend's daughter and that you heard the conversation, so therefore I'm a liar because you heard something different, cuz, again, you were there and heard the conversation?

You know it was an emergency situation and the fetus didn't make it, right?

Do you know if the fetus was delivered alive? I don't. But, ya know, since you were there, you should.
STO

Vallejo, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Judged:

lil Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
There you go defending stupidity again.
Ayakaneo, "...delivery doesn't necessarily mean giving birth to a live fetus.."
In the cases of "delivery" for preeclampia or eclampsia as the Mayo clinic site stated and the case STO made the claim about, both was about a LIVE fetus, because nothing elsewas stated otherwise.
No one made any mention of abortion for a dead fetus because of preeclampsia, so your statement, "An abortion is not always indicative of terminating the life of a live fetus" has nothing to do with anything being said.
Earlier in pregnancy than whn the fetus is viable, saving the child while saving the mother through "delivery" may not be possible, but they don't ABORT the child. They deliver it.
You PCers argue your stupidity and that of other PCers, but you don't come back with anything from a reputable site to substantiate your claims. I did, and still you argue what was posted on the site.
"In the cases of "delivery" for preeclampia or eclampsia as the Mayo clinic site stated and the case STO made the claim about, both was about a LIVE fetus, because nothing elsewas stated otherwise."

But you were there, lilLynne!

Doesn't matter that I've already stated I don't know ( I __ DON'T __ KNOW ) if the fetus expired in utero.

Guess you must have stepped out of the room when my mother didn't tell me what I don't know.

Ya ol' crab.
worships reality

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Judged:

feces for jesus wrote:
I see that Lily broke free from the loony bin again.
and jonnycakes is full of you!
ooo-gaa!!!
worships reality

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Judged:

Bit-O-Honey wrote:
Gee. One ignorant liar takes a break Ink, and the other OCD freak who is an even BIGGER liar comes back, lily or lynne or whatever name she's using today.
They must work in shifts. I wonder if Topix pays them? Because there' has to be at least ONE psychotic PL'er here at all times.
did they pay you to come here to tell everyone that the medical examiner issued a cause of death statement without examining the fetus/child in that brooklyn accident case?
who are you to call anybody else ignorant?

bit-o-stupid
Forum

Lovington, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Judged:

Ocean56 wrote:
A real relationship develops when there is respect.
Men take advantage of women.
Friendship can lead to marriage.
Sex is for when you are married.
Katie

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Judged:

lil Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not "brave" to argue ignorance and lies. It's stupid, and you're one of the experts here.
Why so combative in your irrationality?
Have you missed the posts claiming abortion medically means pregnancy ending prior to term? Doesn't matter if it's by delivery or by D&E. Same/same.

Why so uptight?

“Never give up”

Since: Dec 12

Cleveland, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Judged:

Hello again.

I was just reading an article on CNN.com , http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2013/04/... , which talks about how Planned Parenthood defends the practice of post-birth terminations of babies born due to botched abortions.

Pro-Choice people keep saying that a fetus doesn't become a baby/person until its born -- outside the womb, so there's nothing wrong in terminating a fetus. Also, according to PCers, since its okay/legal to terminate a fetus, the abortion doctor is not committing murder.

Well, I want a PCer to explain to me why post-birth terminations of babies should not be considered murders. Since it is outside the womb t can no longer be classified as a fetus, it is now a baby/person, yes?

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Judged:

BraveCon wrote:
Hello again.
I was just reading an article on CNN.com , http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2013/04/... , which talks about how Planned Parenthood defends the practice of post-birth terminations of babies born due to botched abortions.
Pro-Choice people keep saying that a fetus doesn't become a baby/person until its born -- outside the womb, so there's nothing wrong in terminating a fetus. Also, according to PCers, since its okay/legal to terminate a fetus, the abortion doctor is not committing murder.
Well, I want a PCer to explain to me why post-birth terminations of babies should not be considered murders. Since it is outside the womb t can no longer be classified as a fetus, it is now a baby/person, yes?
Here, Spammer, I answered you on the other thread.....

There are no such things as "post birth abortions". There is no way to explain why something that doesn't even exist isn't something else entirely.

An abortion is the ending, either spontaneous or induced, of a pregnancy. The very phrase "post birth" means that the pregnancy is already over. Don't be any more moronic than you must.

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Judged:

Bit-O-Honey wrote:
lmao!!

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Judged:

STO wrote:
<quoted text>
"In the cases of "delivery" for preeclampia or eclampsia as the Mayo clinic site stated and the case STO made the claim about, both was about a LIVE fetus, because nothing elsewas stated otherwise."
Doesn't matter that I've already stated I don't know ( I __ DON'T __ KNOW ) if the fetus expired in utero.
Guess you must have stepped out of the room when my mother didn't tell me what I don't know.
Ya ol' crab.
Oh my...those anti-choicers seem to be having mind-boggling reading comprehension problems. The boneheads...lmao!
worships reality

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Judged:

Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Here, Spammer, I answered you on the other thread.....
There are no such things as "post birth abortions". There is no way to explain why something that doesn't even exist isn't something else entirely.
An abortion is the ending, either spontaneous or induced, of a pregnancy. The very phrase "post birth" means that the pregnancy is already over. Don't be any more moronic than you must.
why are you putting quotes around "post birth abortions" ? I don't see that phrase mentioned anywhere in the post. stop playing word games and answer the question - should the termination of loving post birth products of abortion be considered murder?
worships reality

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

"living"

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Judged:

worships reality wrote:
<quoted text>
why are you putting quotes around "post birth abortions" ? I don't see that phrase mentioned anywhere in the post. stop playing word games and answer the question - should the termination of loving post birth products of abortion be considered murder?
I'm sorry you don't understand BraveSpammer's post. Have a small child explain to you that "post birth abortion" and "post birth terminations" means the same thing. And then they can explain to you that both are non-existent.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Judged:

STO wrote:
<quoted text>
Ya ol' crab.
Lynniekins thinks she knows EVERYTHING STO, dontchaknow? Recently I posted about my BIL's sister's passing, due to eclampsia. It DOES happen, and she's an idiot.

But Lynne has to stick to that Mayo page because it says exactly what she NEEDS it to say. She ignores everything else that's said MORE, like this link:

"The only known treatments for eclampsia or advancing pre-eclampsia are abortion or delivery, either by labor induction or Caesarean section."

http://www.news-medical.net/health/Pre-Eclamp...

Or this one:

"The only cure is termination of the pregnancy at a time as favorable as possible for fetal survival."

http://www.health.am/gyneco/more/preeclampsia...

The Mayo clinic may not say the word "abortion", but the FACT is that the termination of the pregnancy IS the only treatment, and that INCLUDES abortion as well as any OTHER method of terminating the pregnancy - ie: delivery. Period.

Lynnie's bullshit notwithstanding.

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Judged:

lil Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
It makes no difference"? Only to other people who don't care about facts.
From the Mayo Clinic link:
"The only cure for preeclampsia is delivery."
Not "abortion", "delivery".
That's right, but it doesn't state that an abortion is never necessary and no one has said an abortion is always necessary. In some cases it is necessary to save the life of the mother.
lil Lily wrote:
A PCer claiming "an abortion" at "8 months" gestation was needed for "preeclampsia", and the Mayo Clinic stating unequivocally that "delivery" is the treatment for preeclampsia and eclampsia, no matter the gestational age, makes a world of difference to people who have integrity in discussion and base their [educated] opinions on FACTS.
The Mayo Clinic said that for this particular women STO is referring to?
lil Lily wrote:
While you want to claim the Mayo Clinic didn't say this or that, how about you provide anything from any medical site that states an abortion is needed for "preeclampsia", as was STO's claim.
If STO had said an abortion is necessary in all cases of preeclampsia I would tell him he's mistaken. But he didn't say that. He was referring to one pregnancy to which he was relaying second hand knowledge of. This girl was a meth addict also, lord only knows what kind of shape the baby was in when the preeclampsia was diagnosed and what shape she was in physically. The effects of Meth and the effects of preeclampsia on the organs are not much different. I can certainly see why an abortion would have been safer in this case. But I'm no doctor and neither are you so I have no need to prove to you that an abortion wasn't necessary in this particular case.
lil Lily wrote:
Until then, you're just dispaying the stupidity of someone who posts her own brand of ignorance to mindlessly and without intelligent forethought defend the ignorance and stupidity of other PCers here.
No you're displaying your stupidity and ignorance in not understanding what you read. No one said an abortion is necessary in all cases.

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Judged:

LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Lynniekins thinks she knows EVERYTHING STO, dontchaknow? Recently I posted about my BIL's sister's passing, due to eclampsia. It DOES happen, and she's an idiot.
But Lynne has to stick to that Mayo page because it says exactly what she NEEDS it to say. She ignores everything else that's said MORE, like this link:
"The only known treatments for eclampsia or advancing pre-eclampsia are abortion or delivery, either by labor induction or Caesarean section."
http://www.news-medical.net/health/Pre-Eclamp...
Or this one:
"The only cure is termination of the pregnancy at a time as favorable as possible for fetal survival."
http://www.health.am/gyneco/more/preeclampsia...
The Mayo clinic may not say the word "abortion", but the FACT is that the termination of the pregnancy IS the only treatment, and that INCLUDES abortion as well as any OTHER method of terminating the pregnancy - ie: delivery. Period.
Lynnie's bullshit notwithstanding.
Exactly.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent NCAA Basketball Discussions

Search the NCAA Basketball Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 5 min sweets2360 224,139
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 8 min In The Right 1,079,901
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 1 hr Bruin For Life 26,660
How to recover lost data from iPhone/iPad/iPod- (Jan '14) 14 hr jessirinneyswift 9
UMES Basketball Forward Ishaq Pitt Named to NAB... 23 hr Dana McCarty 1
I got my loan from stephenloanhelp@hotmail.com (May '13) Thu RICK SERVICE 26
urgent loan needed apply now (Sep '13) Jul 20 Danny 2
•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••