Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday 305,715
Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision. Full Story
worships reality

United States

#292004 Apr 8, 2013
feces for jesus wrote:
I see that Lily broke free from the loony bin again.
and jonnycakes is full of you!
ooo-gaa!!!
worships reality

United States

#292005 Apr 8, 2013
Bit-O-Honey wrote:
Gee. One ignorant liar takes a break Ink, and the other OCD freak who is an even BIGGER liar comes back, lily or lynne or whatever name she's using today.
They must work in shifts. I wonder if Topix pays them? Because there' has to be at least ONE psychotic PL'er here at all times.
did they pay you to come here to tell everyone that the medical examiner issued a cause of death statement without examining the fetus/child in that brooklyn accident case?
who are you to call anybody else ignorant?

bit-o-stupid
Forum

Hobbs, NM

#292007 Apr 8, 2013
Ocean56 wrote:
This might help girls see the difference between the two lifestyles of being a free teenager and being a teen mom BEFORE they make the mistake of having sex and possibly ending up pregnant.
If anyone can think of more benefits of lifestyle #1 or negatives of lifestyle #2, please go ahead and add them.
LIFESTYLE #1 - LIFE AS A FREE TEENAGER:
- Keeping up grades, studying, doing homework
- Participating in after-school activities
- Going to school dances and parties
- Relaxing during summer vacation
- Having fun at the junior or senior prom
- Graduating high school and attending after-graduation parties
- Moving on to college or vocational school with no restrictions
LIFSTYLE #2 - LIFE AS A TEEN MOM:
- Missing school, falling behind in classes
- Getting up two or three times at night to feed a baby
- Endless diaper changes, including stinky ones
- Losing friends who don't want to be around crying babies
- Staying home with a constantlty-crying baby while friends are out having fun
- Missing high school graduation, or even having to drop out of school before completing high school
- Losing out on the dream job/career originally planned
As a teenager who is happily NOT pregnant, which lifestyle do YOU want? Wouldn't you rather have the first lifestyle instead of the second?
You can keep Lifestyle #1 very easily, just by saying NO to any guy who pressures you to have sex. If your boyfriend says he'll break up with you if you won't have sex with him, don't cave in. Break up with HIM instead.
Keeping your freedom to BE a teenager; there's no better reason to say no.
A real relationship develops when there is respect.
Men take advantage of women.
Friendship can lead to marriage.
Sex is for when you are married.
Katie

Renton, WA

#292008 Apr 8, 2013
lil Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not "brave" to argue ignorance and lies. It's stupid, and you're one of the experts here.
Why so combative in your irrationality?
Have you missed the posts claiming abortion medically means pregnancy ending prior to term? Doesn't matter if it's by delivery or by D&E. Same/same.

Why so uptight?

“Never give up”

Since: Dec 12

Cleveland, OH

#292009 Apr 8, 2013
Hello again.

I was just reading an article on CNN.com , http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2013/04/... , which talks about how Planned Parenthood defends the practice of post-birth terminations of babies born due to botched abortions.

Pro-Choice people keep saying that a fetus doesn't become a baby/person until its born -- outside the womb, so there's nothing wrong in terminating a fetus. Also, according to PCers, since its okay/legal to terminate a fetus, the abortion doctor is not committing murder.

Well, I want a PCer to explain to me why post-birth terminations of babies should not be considered murders. Since it is outside the womb t can no longer be classified as a fetus, it is now a baby/person, yes?

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#292010 Apr 8, 2013
BraveCon wrote:
Hello again.
I was just reading an article on CNN.com , http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2013/04/... , which talks about how Planned Parenthood defends the practice of post-birth terminations of babies born due to botched abortions.
Pro-Choice people keep saying that a fetus doesn't become a baby/person until its born -- outside the womb, so there's nothing wrong in terminating a fetus. Also, according to PCers, since its okay/legal to terminate a fetus, the abortion doctor is not committing murder.
Well, I want a PCer to explain to me why post-birth terminations of babies should not be considered murders. Since it is outside the womb t can no longer be classified as a fetus, it is now a baby/person, yes?
Here, Spammer, I answered you on the other thread.....

There are no such things as "post birth abortions". There is no way to explain why something that doesn't even exist isn't something else entirely.

An abortion is the ending, either spontaneous or induced, of a pregnancy. The very phrase "post birth" means that the pregnancy is already over. Don't be any more moronic than you must.

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#292011 Apr 8, 2013
Bit-O-Honey wrote:
Gee. One ignorant liar takes a break Ink, and the other OCD freak who is an even BIGGER liar comes back, lily or lynne or whatever name she's using today.
They must work in shifts. I wonder if Topix pays them? Because there' has to be at least ONE psychotic PL'er here at all times.
lmao!!

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#292012 Apr 8, 2013
STO wrote:
<quoted text>
"In the cases of "delivery" for preeclampia or eclampsia as the Mayo clinic site stated and the case STO made the claim about, both was about a LIVE fetus, because nothing elsewas stated otherwise."
But you were there, lilLynne!
Doesn't matter that I've already stated I don't know ( I __ DON'T __ KNOW ) if the fetus expired in utero.
Guess you must have stepped out of the room when my mother didn't tell me what I don't know.
Ya ol' crab.
Oh my...those anti-choicers seem to be having mind-boggling reading comprehension problems. The boneheads...lmao!
worships reality

United States

#292013 Apr 8, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Here, Spammer, I answered you on the other thread.....
There are no such things as "post birth abortions". There is no way to explain why something that doesn't even exist isn't something else entirely.
An abortion is the ending, either spontaneous or induced, of a pregnancy. The very phrase "post birth" means that the pregnancy is already over. Don't be any more moronic than you must.
why are you putting quotes around "post birth abortions" ? I don't see that phrase mentioned anywhere in the post. stop playing word games and answer the question - should the termination of loving post birth products of abortion be considered murder?
worships reality

United States

#292014 Apr 8, 2013
"living"

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#292015 Apr 8, 2013
worships reality wrote:
<quoted text>
why are you putting quotes around "post birth abortions" ? I don't see that phrase mentioned anywhere in the post. stop playing word games and answer the question - should the termination of loving post birth products of abortion be considered murder?
I'm sorry you don't understand BraveSpammer's post. Have a small child explain to you that "post birth abortion" and "post birth terminations" means the same thing. And then they can explain to you that both are non-existent.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#292016 Apr 8, 2013
STO wrote:
<quoted text>
"In the cases of "delivery" for preeclampia or eclampsia as the Mayo clinic site stated and the case STO made the claim about, both was about a LIVE fetus, because nothing elsewas stated otherwise."
But you were there, lilLynne!
Doesn't matter that I've already stated I don't know ( I __ DON'T __ KNOW ) if the fetus expired in utero.
Guess you must have stepped out of the room when my mother didn't tell me what I don't know.
Ya ol' crab.
Lynniekins thinks she knows EVERYTHING STO, dontchaknow? Recently I posted about my BIL's sister's passing, due to eclampsia. It DOES happen, and she's an idiot.

But Lynne has to stick to that Mayo page because it says exactly what she NEEDS it to say. She ignores everything else that's said MORE, like this link:

"The only known treatments for eclampsia or advancing pre-eclampsia are abortion or delivery, either by labor induction or Caesarean section."

http://www.news-medical.net/health/Pre-Eclamp...

Or this one:

"The only cure is termination of the pregnancy at a time as favorable as possible for fetal survival."

http://www.health.am/gyneco/more/preeclampsia...

The Mayo clinic may not say the word "abortion", but the FACT is that the termination of the pregnancy IS the only treatment, and that INCLUDES abortion as well as any OTHER method of terminating the pregnancy - ie: delivery. Period.

Lynnie's bullshit notwithstanding.

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

#292017 Apr 8, 2013
lil Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
It makes no difference"? Only to other people who don't care about facts.
From the Mayo Clinic link:
"The only cure for preeclampsia is delivery."
Not "abortion", "delivery".
That's right, but it doesn't state that an abortion is never necessary and no one has said an abortion is always necessary. In some cases it is necessary to save the life of the mother.
lil Lily wrote:
A PCer claiming "an abortion" at "8 months" gestation was needed for "preeclampsia", and the Mayo Clinic stating unequivocally that "delivery" is the treatment for preeclampsia and eclampsia, no matter the gestational age, makes a world of difference to people who have integrity in discussion and base their [educated] opinions on FACTS.
The Mayo Clinic said that for this particular women STO is referring to?
lil Lily wrote:
While you want to claim the Mayo Clinic didn't say this or that, how about you provide anything from any medical site that states an abortion is needed for "preeclampsia", as was STO's claim.
If STO had said an abortion is necessary in all cases of preeclampsia I would tell him he's mistaken. But he didn't say that. He was referring to one pregnancy to which he was relaying second hand knowledge of. This girl was a meth addict also, lord only knows what kind of shape the baby was in when the preeclampsia was diagnosed and what shape she was in physically. The effects of Meth and the effects of preeclampsia on the organs are not much different. I can certainly see why an abortion would have been safer in this case. But I'm no doctor and neither are you so I have no need to prove to you that an abortion wasn't necessary in this particular case.
lil Lily wrote:
Until then, you're just dispaying the stupidity of someone who posts her own brand of ignorance to mindlessly and without intelligent forethought defend the ignorance and stupidity of other PCers here.
No you're displaying your stupidity and ignorance in not understanding what you read. No one said an abortion is necessary in all cases.

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

#292018 Apr 8, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Lynniekins thinks she knows EVERYTHING STO, dontchaknow? Recently I posted about my BIL's sister's passing, due to eclampsia. It DOES happen, and she's an idiot.
But Lynne has to stick to that Mayo page because it says exactly what she NEEDS it to say. She ignores everything else that's said MORE, like this link:
"The only known treatments for eclampsia or advancing pre-eclampsia are abortion or delivery, either by labor induction or Caesarean section."
http://www.news-medical.net/health/Pre-Eclamp...
Or this one:
"The only cure is termination of the pregnancy at a time as favorable as possible for fetal survival."
http://www.health.am/gyneco/more/preeclampsia...
The Mayo clinic may not say the word "abortion", but the FACT is that the termination of the pregnancy IS the only treatment, and that INCLUDES abortion as well as any OTHER method of terminating the pregnancy - ie: delivery. Period.
Lynnie's bullshit notwithstanding.
Exactly.

“ROCK ON ROCKERS!!”

Since: Mar 11

Rockin' USA ;)

#292020 Apr 8, 2013
STILL??...The WOMAN Decision to Abort or NOT..IS HER CHOICE!!..
Even the FATHER of the CHILD doesn't EVEN have a RIGHT to CHOOSE for her...SHE has to LIVE with her decision... NO ONE ELSE..JUST HER...
The Prince

Phillipsburg, NJ

#292021 Apr 8, 2013
Ocean56 wrote:
Many teens do not realize that being sexFREE (meaning free FROM sex) is a winning advantage. This is why I think itís important to give teens a list of the freedoms that being sexFREE provides. The top ten winning advantages of being SF (sexFREE) are:
1. Freedom from unwanted teen pregnancy and teen motherhood.
2. Freedom from incurable STDs like Herpes and fatal STDs like AIDS.
3. Freedom to concentrate on school work and participate in fun school activities.
4. Freedom to get all homework assignments and studying done and maintain or improve grades.
5. Freedom to participate in learning programs for future jobs and careers.
6. Freedom to graduate with classmates and receive a high school diploma.
7. Freedom to move on to college or vocational school with no restrictions.
8. Freedom to complete a college or vocational program with a degree or certificate.
9. Freedom to look for and accept good jobs with higher salaries.
10. Freedom to get valuable job experience in a chosen career and take courses to learn more job skills.
Getting pregnant and becoming a teen mother will, most likely, take away most of these freedoms, if not all of them. A teen mom has to put the care of her baby first, which means putting her education second. If she has to study for an important test and the baby is sick, the studying may not get done because she has to care for the baby. That may result in her doing poorly on the exam instead of doing well. If a teen mom wants to attend her junior or senior prom but has no one to watch the baby for her, she canít go to the dance and has to stay home. If a teen mom is going to college, she may fail one or more classes because caring for her baby or child took priority over completing all her course requirements. A teen mom may even have to drop out of high school or college because she could not take care of her baby and do all her school work at the same time.
By contrast, a teen girl who realizes that being sexFREE (or SF for short) in high school and college is a clear winning advantage will avoid sex with partners during those years. She will keep her freedom to enjoy all the advantages that the SF choice offers. She is free to concentrate in school, get all her class and homework assignments done, attend any dances she wishes, and take part in school activities like working on the school newspaper or yearbook. Best of all, she will graduate with her class and go on to college or vocational school afterward. If she avoids sexual activity with partners during her college or vocational school years, she will continue to enjoy the advantages indefinitely. She may even decide at some point that she prefers the career world over marriage and children, which is a perfectly valid choice. Not all women wish to be wives and mothers.
It is my firm belief that there is nothing good about getting pregnant as a teenager. Teen pregnancy and teen motherhood can impair or even destroy a girlís ability to get a good education, which is the foundation for good employment. If a girl cannot get a good job because she doesnít have a high school diploma, poverty may become inevitable. Sadly, many teen girls donít know how very HARD teen motherhood is until it is too late. They donít know because no one ever told them, either at home or at school. It is about time that changed.
The ďjust say noĒ approach to abstinence-only sex education programs is miserably inadequate because it doesnít explain WHY teens, especially girls, should say no to sex. The top ten list of winning advantages is a good informational tool to start off with. When a large majority of teens have this information, they may soon begin to realize that enjoying the advantages of the sexFREE choice is a much better option for them than being trapped by the burdens of teen motherhood.
Tell everyone again why women should not want to be women. You are very good at that, pagan.
The Prince

Phillipsburg, NJ

#292022 Apr 8, 2013
Ocean56 wrote:
This might help girls see the difference between the two lifestyles of being a free teenager and being a teen mom BEFORE they make the mistake of having sex and possibly ending up pregnant.
If anyone can think of more benefits of lifestyle #1 or negatives of lifestyle #2, please go ahead and add them.
LIFESTYLE #1 - LIFE AS A FREE TEENAGER:
- Keeping up grades, studying, doing homework
- Participating in after-school activities
- Going to school dances and parties
- Relaxing during summer vacation
- Having fun at the junior or senior prom
- Graduating high school and attending after-graduation parties
- Moving on to college or vocational school with no restrictions
LIFSTYLE #2 - LIFE AS A TEEN MOM:
- Missing school, falling behind in classes
- Getting up two or three times at night to feed a baby
- Endless diaper changes, including stinky ones
- Losing friends who don't want to be around crying babies
- Staying home with a constantlty-crying baby while friends are out having fun
- Missing high school graduation, or even having to drop out of school before completing high school
- Losing out on the dream job/career originally planned
As a teenager who is happily NOT pregnant, which lifestyle do YOU want? Wouldn't you rather have the first lifestyle instead of the second?
You can keep Lifestyle #1 very easily, just by saying NO to any guy who pressures you to have sex. If your boyfriend says he'll break up with you if you won't have sex with him, don't cave in. Break up with HIM instead.
Keeping your freedom to BE a teenager; there's no better reason to say no.
As a lesbian pagan, you try to brainwash young women into thinking there is something evil about pregnancy. It is in a womans genetic code to be pregnant. Men and women have a fundamental responsiblilty to procreate.

You just don't get that pagan. Hopefully, young women donot take you old bra burning lez libs seriously. Please, put the bra back on, pagan.
Ocean56

AOL

#292024 Apr 9, 2013
Forum wrote:
A real relationship develops when there is respect.
Men take advantage of women.
Friendship can lead to marriage.
Sex is for when you are married.
And there are married heterosexual adults who DON'T want children and who either use contraception or who have tubals or vasectomies to avoid the unwanted outcome of pregnancy.

Sex isn't ONLY for procreation, no matter how many times you claim otherwise.
Ocean56

AOL

#292025 Apr 9, 2013
The Prince wrote:
Tell everyone again why women should not want to be women. You are very good at that, pagan.
Being a mindless baby factory is NOT a requirement for being a woman, idiot. If some women choose NOT to have children, that is THEIR decision and none of YOUR business.

Motherhood is OPTIONAL, not required, and a woman can choose career instead of marriage/motherhood if that is her choice. You're just pissed that YOU don't get to have a say in women's sexual and reproductive decisions. Too bleeping bad.
Ocean56

AOL

#292026 Apr 9, 2013
The Prince wrote:
As a lesbian pagan, you try to brainwash young women into thinking there is something evil about pregnancy. It is in a womans genetic code to be pregnant. Men and women have a fundamental responsiblilty to procreate.
You just don't get that pagan. Hopefully, young women donot take you old bra burning lez libs seriously. Please, put the bra back on, pagan.
No, Tommydumdum, I'm just pointing out that girls and young women DON'T have to throw away their chances for an education and a career by becoming mothers far too soon.

Contrary to what brainwashed imbeciles like YOU believe, it is NOT in ALL women's "genetic codes" to be pregnant, nor do all men and women HAVE to procreate. Girls can avoid the TRAP of teen pregnancy/teen motherhood by choosing to be sexFREE (free FROM sex) in middle and high school, and they can just as easily choose NOT to have children if they decide they really don't want them.

Marriage and motherhood are both still OPTIONAL, not required. Which means that NO woman has to get married or have children unless she WANTS to do so. Deal with it, LOSER.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 11 min Tony Rome 1,111,067
Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 15 min Los Angeles 200,985
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 1 hr Rosa_Winkel 227,992
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 4 hr Bruin For Life 27,449
Yahoo's call for overhaul of USA Basketball, FI... 16 hr johnnyj 1
Freshman Jonah Bolden declared ineligible for U... Sep 12 Brew In 1
Indiana Basketball: 2015 Forward Juwan Morgan C... Sep 11 Mike Williams 1
•••
•••

NCAA Basketball People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••