Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 310343 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

grumpy

Pomona, NY

#292039 Apr 9, 2013
worships reality wrote:
<quoted text>
don't put quotes around a term that the poster did not use. it's deceitful.
since abortion means the termination of a pregnancy your explanation why a post birth abortion is not possible, is accurate. please explain similarly how a post birth termination is not possible.
It's not "post birth termination." It's post abortion termination. Occasionally the fetus breathes after abortion so the surgeon cuts off the air supply to the fetus.

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

#292040 Apr 9, 2013
godless by choice wrote:
That was hilarious!
worships reality

United States

#292041 Apr 9, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
Self-defense is actually irrelevan as you describe it. It's the reasonable FEAR of danger that constitutes self-defense, and the FACT is that any pregnancy can go south at any time. The woman gets to decide what the extent of the risk might be, and whether she will accept the risk.
<quoted text>
wrong twit. katie made it relevant when she tried to establish a self defense justification for abortion. she made the analogy, not me. and it failed, on every level possible.
abortion, since it involves killing human life, constitutes deadly force. your contention that since any pregnancy has the potential of going "south at any time", warrants the use of deadly force is horseshit. you don't get to exercise deadly force in the name of self defense on the basis of a potential threat. any person walking toward you on the street represents a potential threat. the vast majority however, are not threats at all. you don't get to shoot the person preemptively solely for the reason that you think he "may" pose a threat.
in the future weigh in on discussions only when you have a clue as to what you're talking about.
worships reality

United States

#292042 Apr 9, 2013
grumpy wrote:
<quoted text>It's not "post birth termination." It's post abortion termination. Occasionally the fetus breathes after abortion so the surgeon cuts off the air supply to the fetus.
sorry but she said post birth abortion and post birth termination were the same thing. if you think she meant something else then raise the issue with her not me. in the meantime let her explain what she said and not what you think she meant, ok cowboy?
bitlerisalwayswr ong

Falls City, NE

#292043 Apr 9, 2013
grumpy wrote:
<quoted text>It's not "post birth termination." It's post abortion termination. Occasionally the fetus breathes after abortion so the surgeon cuts off the air supply to the fetus.
Wow, that is so cold hearted. Ever think that the Image and Likeness of God should be respected? You know abortion is destroying the Image and Likeness of God. So if you support abortion you are supporting a very, very evil act of destroying God's own Likeness and Image Even if the child is unborn or just born and takes a breath. Do you hate God so much you want to destroy God's Image?
Katie

Renton, WA

#292045 Apr 9, 2013
worships reality wrote:
<quoted text>
wrong twit. katie made it relevant when she tried to establish a self defense justification for abortion. she made the analogy, not me. and it failed, on every level possible.
abortion, since it involves killing human life, constitutes deadly force. your contention that since any pregnancy has the potential of going "south at any time", warrants the use of deadly force is horseshit. you don't get to exercise deadly force in the name of self defense on the basis of a potential threat. any person walking toward you on the street represents a potential threat. the vast majority however, are not threats at all. you don't get to shoot the person preemptively solely for the reason that you think he "may" pose a threat.
in the future weigh in on discussions only when you have a clue as to what you're talking about.
You were talking about it in the criminal sense. Cptr and I are both discussing it in the medical sense. It's you who should, "...weigh in on discussions only when you have a clue as to what you're talking about."
STO

Vallejo, CA

#292046 Apr 9, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Why so combative in your irrationality?
Have you missed the posts claiming abortion medically means pregnancy ending prior to term? Doesn't matter if it's by delivery or by D&E. Same/same.
Why so uptight?
Ain't she, tho? Gone for awhile and comes back just as bitchy as ever.
Katie

Renton, WA

#292047 Apr 9, 2013
worships reality wrote:
<quoted text>
sorry but she said post birth abortion and post birth termination were the same thing. if you think she meant something else then raise the issue with her not me. in the meantime let her explain what she said and not what you think she meant, ok cowboy?
He's answering your question. The last line of your posts asked and he answered. All that crap above is just crap, a distraction. Why so quarrelsome?
STO

Vallejo, CA

#292048 Apr 9, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Dontcha know STO, that because you didn't state EVERY WORD the way she wanted you to, you MUST be lying?@@
Not to mention she ignores what words you DID state very clearly that doesn't fit Lynne's agenda?
She hates me. And you. And Katie. And La (her faaaavorite!)

It's palpable.

Course she doesn't know us from years ago, so theoretically would have no reason to hate us so much...("I'm not Lynne! Really! I'm not!) lol

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#292051 Apr 9, 2013
Why? Here you are, and you've never had a fu**ing clue in your tawdry little life.

Legally, there is no such thing as deadly force against a fetus, as the fetus is not a legal person. A woman--just like a man--can assess a medical condition and whether they wish to treat it or not based on risk factors; she loses no autonomy just because her uterus works.
worships reality wrote:
<quoted text>
grumpy

Pomona, NY

#292052 Apr 9, 2013
worships reality wrote:
<quoted text>
This was discussed long ago in relation to Obama's position while a Senator.

Indianapolis

#292053 Apr 9, 2013
Fu** your god. You can worship as you please, but no one else has to.
bitlerisalwayswrong wrote:
<quoted text>Wow, that is so cold hearted. Ever think that the Image and Likeness of God should be respected? You know abortion is destroying the Image and Likeness of God. So if you support abortion you are supporting a very, very evil act of destroying God's own Likeness and Image Even if the child is unborn or just born and takes a breath. Do you hate God so much you want to destroy God's Image?
Petey is wrong again

Falls City, NE

#292054 Apr 9, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
Fu** your god. You can worship as you please, but no one else has to.
<quoted text>
Conscience bothering you I guess, Why would you get sooooo upset, hmmm?

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#292055 Apr 9, 2013
bitlerisalwayswrong wrote:
<quoted text>Wow, that is so cold hearted. Ever think that the Image and Likeness of God should be respected? You know abortion is destroying the Image and Likeness of God. So if you support abortion you are supporting a very, very evil act of destroying God's own Likeness and Image Even if the child is unborn or just born and takes a breath. Do you hate God so much you want to destroy God's Image?
"You know abortion is destroying the Image and Likeness of God."

So is your horrid faux-Christian personality. BTW, you have no proof there even is a God.

Indianapolis

#292056 Apr 9, 2013
The term is "annoyed", mosquito.
Petey is wrong again wrote:
<quoted text>Conscience bothering you I guess, Why would you get sooooo upset, hmmm?

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#292057 Apr 9, 2013
worships reality wrote:
<quoted text>
don't put quotes around a term that the poster did not use. it's deceitful.
since abortion means the termination of a pregnancy your explanation why a post birth abortion is not possible, is accurate. please explain similarly how a post birth termination is not possible.
Well, I did phrase it badly. What I meant was that the poster I answered used both phrases to mean the same thing. And he DID use the phrase "post birth abortion" on one of the other threads he spammed with his nonsense question, and it was the first time he did so. Because of that, I knew what he meant by "post birth termination". And I responded to that.
worships reality

AOL

#292059 Apr 9, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
You were talking about it in the criminal sense. Cptr and I are both discussing it in the medical sense. It's you who should, "...weigh in on discussions only when you have a clue as to what you're talking about."
self defense "is" a legal term. it's not a medical term. it's the term used to legally justify an action.

you made the analogy. don't try to hide from it now.
worships reality

AOL

#292060 Apr 9, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
He's answering your question.
no he's not. you don't even know what my question was, do you? if you did then you'd never say he was answering it.

bitner said that post birth abortions and post birth terminations were the same, and that both were non existent. since i agreed that post birth abortions were indeed non existent, i asked her to similarly explain how post birth terminations were non existent.

grumpy was saying that they were not non existent. he was saying they happen.

so how is that possibly answering my question?

The last line of your posts asked and he answered. All that crap above is just crap, a distraction. Why so quarrelsome?
why so stupid?
worships reality

AOL

#292061 Apr 9, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, I did phrase it badly. What I meant was that the poster I answered used both phrases to mean the same thing. And he DID use the phrase "post birth abortion" on one of the other threads he spammed with his nonsense question, and it was the first time he did so. Because of that, I knew what he meant by "post birth termination". And I responded to that.
phrasing it badly is an understatement.

but back now to the original question - should the termination of a living, delivered product of a botched abortion, be considered murder?
Katie

Renton, WA

#292062 Apr 9, 2013
worships reality wrote:
<quoted text>
self defense "is" a legal term. it's not a medical term. it's the term used to legally justify an action.
you made the analogy. don't try to hide from it now.
Who's hiding?
Not me?

It's also used in the medical sense.
Look it up.(hint: organ donors)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 min Nostrilis Waxman 1,263,865
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 34 min Earthling-1 6,474
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 5 hr thetruth 244,893
I got my loan from [email protected] (Jun '13) 15 hr bernarlyn 33
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 17 hr tom wingo 29,852
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Jul 29 RiccardoFire 201,846
News San Diego State basketball: Four-star prospect ... Jul 25 Fart news 2
More from around the web