Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday 306,955
Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision. Full Story

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#291873 Apr 5, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
That would be what Joshua would believe. The bible isn't a science manual just a reflection of what people believed at the time.

God said He created the world and we know it is round but man didn't always know that and wrote accordingly.
Make up your mind idiot. Either your bible is the "word of g-d" or its the words of ignorant people filling a book of fiction with their ridiculous beliefs.

You asked 'what has science disproven in the bible'.

You were told by MANY people MANY things science has disproven.

Now you're making up excuses to explain the stupidity of many things your church preached as true.

You can't have it both ways Inkstain.

But its HYSTERICAL to watch you try!

LOL!!!

Since: Mar 12

Milwaukee

#291874 Apr 5, 2013
It's pretty simple. If you don't believe in abortion don't have one. Don't tell others what to do with their lives. Each side can have their views and beliefs but nobody should impose their belief on others like a Dictator.
grumpy

Pomona, NY

#291875 Apr 5, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
That would be what Joshua would believe. The bible isn't a science manual just a reflection of what people believed at the time.
God said He created the world and we know it is round but man didn't always know that and wrote accordingly.
But we can apply that to the NT also, which is complete hearsay.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#291876 Apr 5, 2013
The earth and its galaxy DO move.
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
The earth is set in it's galaxy and orbit. It never moves from there.
The world is firmly established and cannot be moved
We do have sunrise and sunset and it happens everyday.
Katie

Puyallup, WA

#291877 Apr 5, 2013
STO wrote:
<quoted text>
"Which do you find more acceptable? An embryo aborted at the 8th gestational week or a life-threatening viable fetus aborted at 32 weeks gestation?"
My mom's friend's daughter was 8 months along, and had to have an abortion. I was shocked and asked what happened. Preelampsia.
I know the daughter was a drug user - meth. I know she was sick for two weeks (including vomiting. don't know if she had the flu or what), and didn't see a doctor. I know her mother has custody of her daughter.
Yeah, for this pregnancy I'd say an abortion at 8 weeks would have been the better choice. Clearly, the woman had no intention of taking care of herself so she would have a healthy pregnancy.
Yes, regarding these circumstances, I agree. There's nothing anyone could've done, though. It was still her choice, her decision.

I think I've shared this here, before, but not sure. About 15yrs ago I had a coworker who admitted she and her sisters had difficulty getting pregnant. They'd thought it was because of the well water they grew up on. Seems an inordinate amount of cancers were running through her family members' reproductive systems. So when her sister got pregnant, in her late 30s or early 40s, my coworker was ecstatic!! The whole family was.

And then, several months later, tragedy struck. She was losing the pregnancy. And she chose to terminate rather than wait for nature to take its course. She wanted to try to get pregnant again as soon as she was healthy.

It was so sad. I had all kinds of crazy thoughts. But absolutely no control. It wasn't my situation. It was hers. And she was doing what was best for her, best for her family.

Every time some state adds a new restriction to their long list of restrictions, I think back on this time. My former coworker's sister was lucky in that she was given a choice. And she had the freedom to make her choice.

Now women (and their physicians) are having to comply with all these crazy restrictions that seem to create lose/lose situations. How can that be healthy for anyone?

Indianapolis

#291878 Apr 5, 2013
Ink CANNOT synthesize anything hat contadicts her version of the bible.
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
I just answered this as well, and noticed that you and a few others answered the question too.
Yet on the last page, just a little bit ago, the idiot Inkstain ignored ALL the responses and repeated the question yet again, as if it hadn't been quite thoroughly answered.
One more bit of evidence that Dumb As A Stump Inkstain and her ilk ignores whatever FACTS she doesn't like.
Fkn morons.

Indianapolis

#291879 Apr 5, 2013
Ink's a religious pushmi-pullyu.
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Make up your mind idiot. Either your bible is the "word of g-d" or its the words of ignorant people filling a book of fiction with their ridiculous beliefs.
You asked 'what has science disproven in the bible'.
You were told by MANY people MANY things science has disproven.
Now you're making up excuses to explain the stupidity of many things your church preached as true.
You can't have it both ways Inkstain.
But its HYSTERICAL to watch you try!
LOL!!!
Bitbybit

Falls City, NE

#291880 Apr 5, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
You've been flinging your own insults, Hypocrite. Grow up, and stop whining when you get your own back.
Yet you insult every pro life supporter on Topix. Grow up, and get a backbone, will ya?
Bitbybit

Falls City, NE

#291882 Apr 5, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Quite a bit moron, something you'd know if you knew anything about science OR the bible.
The sun does NOT revolve around the earth for one, which the bible states MANY times.
The bat isn't a bird for another. The bible famously claimed the world was flat and has four edges.
Want more?
Anyone with a modicum of sense and intelligence doesn't need science to tell them that the earth wasn't created in 7 days.
Only idiots read the bible and take it literally.
In the old Testament Joshua 10:12

"O sun, stand still over Gibeon,
O moon, over the Valley of Aijalon."

13 So the sun stood still,
and the moon stopped,
till the nation avenged itself on its enemies,
as it is written in the Book of Jashar.
The sun stopped in the middle of the sky and delayed going down about a full day. God does wonderful things. Nothing is impossible with God. You shouldn't comment on things you know nothing about Foo l. Go and study your own religion , and when you understand that the Hebrew God is the same God for the Christians and Muslims then you can comment.

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#291883 Apr 5, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
We were talking about the bible.
And how wrong it can be, I know.

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#291884 Apr 5, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>So was LNM you moron.
She's just playing her evasion card because she was shown to be wrong.

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#291885 Apr 5, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
We are still between Venus and Mars aren't we?
LMAO!!!! That doesn't mean that the Earth's orbit hasn't changed over time. It doesn't matter what planets it's between but where it is on the plane, the shape of the orbit, distance from the Sun, etc.
Bitbybit

Falls City, NE

#291886 Apr 5, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
The earth and its galaxy DO move.
<quoted text>
You were taught that in a Catholic school you ass. Or did you stare out the window in science class. The earth circles the sun, you learned that from a nun , didn't ya. So whats with the Catholic bashing ? The best scientists were Catholics. Petey, go back to your room, you tweaker.

Location hidden

#291887 Apr 5, 2013
Bitbybit wrote:
<quoted text>Yet you insult every pro life supporter on Topix. Grow up, and get a backbone, will ya?
Says the coward who's afraid to post under the SN they'd be known as.

Funny how you're braver only when you're a cowardly little bitch.

Location hidden

#291888 Apr 5, 2013
Bitbybit wrote:
<quoted text>In the old Testament Joshua 10:12
and the moon stopped,
The sun stopped in the middle of the sky and delayed going down about a full day. God does wonderful things. Nothing is impossible with God. You shouldn't comment on things you know nothing about Foo l.
Except you just proved MY point that the moron Inkstain is wrong and doesn't know HER bible. You're even damn stupider than SHE is about your own faith!!

ROFLMAO!

Oh Inky, you GOTTA love it when even your own buddies are highlighting YOUR stupidity, and they're too dumb to know it!!

BWAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAA!! Seriously Knut, I'm having a good laugh here! Thanks you weak, pathetic troll.

Go and study your own religion , and when you understand that the Hebrew God is the same God for the Christians and Muslims then you can comment.
Knutter, unless you're going to claim that suddenly you dont believe that jesus is your g-d - then no, the Jewish G-d and your version of g-d aren't even REMOTELY the same thing.

Location hidden

#291889 Apr 5, 2013
Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
LMAO!!!! That doesn't mean that the Earth's orbit hasn't changed over time. It doesn't matter what planets it's between but where it is on the plane, the shape of the orbit, distance from the Sun, etc.
But it DOES matter that she thinks the earth is BETWEEN Mars and Venus......

ROFLMAOOOOOO!!

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#291890 Apr 5, 2013
Bitbybit wrote:
<quoted text>Yet you insult every pro life supporter on Topix. Grow up, and get a backbone, will ya?
You're a liar.

And you're not pro-life. You are an anti-choice fetus worshipper, a liar, a bigot, shallow, and a stupid b*tch who will ALWAYS be ugly inside, no matter what you look like.
Bitbybit

Falls City, NE

#291891 Apr 5, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
You're a liar.
And you're not pro-life. You are an anti-choice fetus worshipper, a liar, a bigot, shallow, and a stupid b*tch who will ALWAYS be ugly inside, no matter what you look like.
You just proved I'm right.

Indianapolis

#291892 Apr 5, 2013
"[Phaeton was] the son of the sun-god Helios. When Phaeton ("the shining one") finally learned who his father was, he went east to meet him. He induced his father to allow him to drive the chariot of the sun across the heavens for one day. The horses, feeling their reins held by a weaker hand, ran wildly out of their course and came close to the earth, threatening to burn it. Zeus noticed the danger and with a thunderbolt he destroyed Phaeton. He fell down into the legendary river Eridanus where he was found by the river nymphs who mourned him and buried him. The tears of these nymphs turned into amber. For the Ethiopians however it was already too late: they were scorched by the heat and their skins had turned black."

Zeus seems to be pretty handy with a sun, too.
Bitbybit wrote:
<quoted text>In the old Testament Joshua 10:12
and the moon stopped,
The sun stopped in the middle of the sky and delayed going down about a full day. God does wonderful things. Nothing is impossible with God. You shouldn't comment on things you know nothing about Foo l. Go and study your own religion , and when you understand that the Hebrew God is the same God for the Christians and Muslims then you can comment.

Indianapolis

#291893 Apr 5, 2013
I was relatively fortunate in that I went to school when the RCC wasn't pushing dogma into science classes. This info isn't owned by the church; in fact, I read about it long before we approached it in class. The Zim science series was a wonderful thing.

BTW--our science teachers were lay people.
Bitbybit wrote:
<quoted text>You were taught that in a Catholic school you ass. Or did you stare out the window in science class. The earth circles the sun, you learned that from a nun , didn't ya. So whats with the Catholic bashing ? The best scientists were Catholics. Petey, go back to your room, you tweaker.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 43 min Smart Alex 1,153,484
What role do you think humans play in global wa... 59 min Earth inhabited 2,663
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 1 hr Bruin For Life 28,370
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 1 hr Joe fortuna 232,800
Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 2 hr Joe fortuna 201,156
Should child beauty pageants be banned? Tue Roy the Boy 685
Conn's Appliances (Nov '07) Dec 16 The Real Daniel S... 281
More from around the web