Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Comments (Page 13,711)

Showing posts 274,201 - 274,220 of304,945
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
grumpy

Pomona, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

Judged:

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
“...Kepler was helped by a number of Jesuit astronomers, including Father Paul Guldin and Father Zucchi, and by Giovanni Cassini, who studied under Jesuits. Cassini and Jesuit colleagues were eventually able to confirm Kepler’s theory on the Earth having an elliptical orbit….A Catholic priest, Father Nicholas Zucchi, invented the reflecting telescope. Among the many great Catholic clerical astronomers Giuseppe Piazzi discovered the first asteroid, Ceres, in 1801, and established the observatory at Palermo. Piazzi also obtained modern equipment and instruments for it, and converted Palermo from a backwater in poverty-stricken and ignorant Sicily to a great center for astronomy, a position it has maintained ever since, later being involved with the first imaging X-ray astrophysics. Despite being a Catholic priest and indeed a Professor of Dogmatic Theology in Rome, in 1788 Piazzi traveled to England to work with the astronomer Nevil Maskelyne, a Protestant minister, and the famous instrument-maker Ramsden. A little before this a Jesuit mathematician, R. G. Boscovich, had played a key role in charting the way to modern nuclear physics. In the 20th century a Catholic priest and scientist, Fr. Georges Lemaître, discovered the Big Bang.(He was concerned that it not be used as an argument to prove the existence of God, which he held should be a matter of faith.)…”
From American Spectator G H Colebatch
Not to mention a Monk, Gregor Mendel, who gave legs to the theory of Evolution by performing genetic experiments.
grumpy

Pomona, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

Judged:

Will Munny wrote:
<quoted text>
The question that I posed should not be considered meaningless speculation to a logical person. Logic does say that I posed a unanswerable question, yes. Simply because not one of us can answer it. It also logical to assume that we don't know , or will ever know, what may have become in the life of an unborn child. And yet you wish to argue with logic? Really? Is your mind so shut of the possibility of what could have possibly been? If that is indeed the case, then you are obviously lacking of free thinking of any sort. Logically speaking, that is.
I apologize for any inconvenience that I may have caused you and others. A simple reboot should fix you.
The Bible describes what did happen when a person like you describe is not aborted. That should answer the question.
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

Judged:

Jellybeans wrote:
<quoted text>This is sick! PP are sick bastards.
Does this really surprise anyone?
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

Judged:

Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
"Biblical references Psalm 93:1, 96:10, and 1 Chronicles 16:30 include text stating that "the world is firmly established, it cannot be moved." In the same manner, Psalm 104:5 says, "the Lord set the earth on its foundations; it can never be moved." Further, Ecclesiastes 1:5 states that "And the sun rises and sets and returns to its place" etc."
The earth is set in it's galaxy and orbit. It never moves from there.
The world is firmly established and cannot be moved
We do have sunrise and sunset and it happens everyday.
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

Judged:

Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Instead of using my post only as a springboard, why don't you answer the question? Which do you find more acceptable? An embryo aborted at the 8th gestational week or a life-threatening viable fetus aborted at 32 weeks gestation?
Neither.

Answer my question.
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

Judged:

cpeter1313 wrote:
The 6000 year old earth.
Creation.
Garden of eden.
Great flood.
Insects having 4 legs.
Bats are not birds.
People living for centuries.
The list goes on and on...
<quoted text>
To start with the first, it doesn't say the earth is 6000 years old. I don't think you are giving examples of your claims.
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

Judged:

grumpy wrote:
<quoted text>The space program has proved that day and night comes from the rotation of the earth and not by the sun moving across the sky.
I don't believethe Bible says that.
STO

Vallejo, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

Judged:

Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Your argument works if pregnancy is a criminal condition. As you pointed out, it's not. It's a medical condition. We have rights to medical self-defense; the right to refuse treatment, the right to refuse being experimented on, the right to refuse our organs being used against our will, etc.
Which do you find more acceptable? An embryo aborted at the 8th gestational week or a life-threatening viable fetus aborted at 32 weeks gestation?
"Which do you find more acceptable? An embryo aborted at the 8th gestational week or a life-threatening viable fetus aborted at 32 weeks gestation?"

My mom's friend's daughter was 8 months along, and had to have an abortion. I was shocked and asked what happened. Preelampsia.

I know the daughter was a drug user - meth. I know she was sick for two weeks (including vomiting. don't know if she had the flu or what), and didn't see a doctor. I know her mother has custody of her daughter.

Yeah, for this pregnancy I'd say an abortion at 8 weeks would have been the better choice. Clearly, the woman had no intention of taking care of herself so she would have a healthy pregnancy.

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

Judged:

Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? Is that not their cry, just give us alittle more time, and we will prove such and such? Please realize, when I use the word science -I'm speaking of those who try and discredit God. They research and analyze things allright, but they use that which God has created to do their test.
What they study, prod, probe, heat, cool, or whatever they do was either created by a God, or BANG! You decide.
Gods plan will be done regaurdless of what you or I believe or think -what we believe only affects ourselves.
Most people don't want to believe, becouse they don't want their darkness brought to the light.
Then there are those who are "good ", but will never be good enough.
If a person truly wants to know if God is real -they can ask -even if the have No idea what to say, or who to call Him,BUT it requires something that will be extremely hard for you to do, which is put your pride where it belongs.
Well, do you have any proof to support YOUR claims that God exists and created everything?

I don't live in darkness, no matter what you, or anyone, may think.
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
Well, do you have any proof to support YOUR claims that God exists and created everything?
I don't live in darkness, no matter what you, or anyone, may think.
As much as I believe that there is no God in your world, I believe that there is a God in his. Each of you are right.

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

Judged:

Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
So -you're willing to bet your entire eternity on a few verses you think are wrong? A book of books, written over sooo many years, and the nay sayers can only come up with a handful of verses "they say " claim all the bible null and void.
If nothing else, I used to never know, and now I do. Must you fully understand all things about all things, before you "trust? "
If a human doctor told you such and such, and that you would die if you did not do such and such -would you argue with him? Would you trust Him?
What if another doctor told you the same thing, then what? Argue /trust?
Lets just say a Holy God Did send His Only Begotten Son to die for YOU.
It's not just a few verses. It's the very essence of how the Universe works and the Church was wrong wrong wrong.

When a doctor gives me advice I usually trust him/her because they are highly educated in the field of medicine, but these days we can also do research on our own, too.
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

<quoted text>
It's not just a few verses. It's the very essence of how the Universe works and the Church was wrong wrong wrong.
When a doctor gives me advice I usually trust him/her because they are highly educated in the field of medicine, but these days we can also do research on our own, too.
I asked what in the bible has been disproved by science.

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

Judged:

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
The earth is set in it's galaxy and orbit. It never moves from there.
The world is firmly established and cannot be moved
We do have sunrise and sunset and it happens everyday.
"The earth is set in it's galaxy and orbit. It never moves from there."

Cut the bullshit, Ink. The church taught that everything revolved around the Earth including the Sun, and they were wrong, and when Galileo said they were wrong he was arrested and forced to recant the truth.

And as a matter of fact the Sun, and us along with it, orbits the center of the Galaxy. The Sun is a middle-aged medium sized star and when it dies the Earth dies with it.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

Judged:

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I asked what in the bible has been disproved by science.
Quite a bit moron, something you'd know if you knew anything about science OR the bible.

The sun does NOT revolve around the earth for one, which the bible states MANY times.

The bat isn't a bird for another. The bible famously claimed the world was flat and has four edges.

Want more?

Anyone with a modicum of sense and intelligence doesn't need science to tell them that the earth wasn't created in 7 days.

Only idiots read the bible and take it literally.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

Judged:

cpeter1313 wrote:
The 6000 year old earth.
Creation.
Garden of eden.
Great flood.
Insects having 4 legs.
Bats are not birds.
People living for centuries.
The list goes on and on...
<quoted text>
I just answered this as well, and noticed that you and a few others answered the question too.

Yet on the last page, just a little bit ago, the idiot Inkstain ignored ALL the responses and repeated the question yet again, as if it hadn't been quite thoroughly answered.

One more bit of evidence that Dumb As A Stump Inkstain and her ilk ignores whatever FACTS she doesn't like.

Fkn morons.
grumpy

Pomona, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't believethe Bible says that.
I believe that in the book of Joshua, Joshua needed more daylight to finish a battle. So he commanded the sun to stop moving across the heavens.
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
"The earth is set in it's galaxy and orbit. It never moves from there."
Cut the bullshit, Ink. The church taught that everything revolved around the Earth including the Sun, and they were wrong, and when Galileo said they were wrong he was arrested and forced to recant the truth.
And as a matter of fact the Sun, and us along with it, orbits the center of the Galaxy. The Sun is a middle-aged medium sized star and when it dies the Earth dies with it.
We were talking about the bible.
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

Judged:

grumpy wrote:
<quoted text>I believe that in the book of Joshua, Joshua needed more daylight to finish a battle. So he commanded the sun to stop moving across the heavens.
That would be what Joshua would believe. The bible isn't a science manual just a reflection of what people believed at the time.

God said He created the world and we know it is round but man didn't always know that and wrote accordingly.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

Judged:

Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
So -you're willing to bet your entire eternity on a few verses you think are wrong? A book of books, written over sooo many years, and the nay sayers can only come up with a handful of verses "they say " claim all the bible null and void.
There's a WHOLE lot more than "a handfull" idiot.
If nothing else, I used to never know, and now I do.
No, you really dont. You only THINK you do. If you are satisfied to live your pathetic life ignoring facts and preaching the bullshit you dont even follow - more power to you. DOnt expect anyone to take your hypocritical ass seriously tho.
Must you fully understand all things about all things, before you "trust? "
For many - yes. You dont get a say in that.

What you dont seem to grasp is when idiots like you spout your garbage incessently, and are so CLEARLY hypocrites - you turn people AWAY from your message.

The damage your kind do is much more than any "good" you serve.
If a human doctor told you such and such, and that you would die if you did not do such and such -would you argue with him? Would you trust Him?
What if another doctor told you the same thing, then what? Argue /trust?
You act as if "argue / trust" are the only two options, when they're not.

NORMAL intelligent people will educate themselves. Its not about arguing for most, its about education, and reaching one's own conclusion. Religion is not supposed to be about "blind faith", but about faith.

You clearly dont understand that.
Lets just say a Holy God Did send His Only Begotten Son to die for YOU.
Oh bullshit. If your g-d sent his kid to die for an idiot like you, he wasted a life. You're ridiculous.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
We were talking about the bible.
So was LNM you moron.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 274,201 - 274,220 of304,945
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••