Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Comments (Page 13,710)

Showing posts 274,181 - 274,200 of304,945
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Judged:

Only 3? Piffle.

I've lived in some dire neighborhoods and have never had a problem, because I am neither arrogant nor afraid in demeanor.

The only thing that is relevant is how the pregnant woman perceives HER pregnancy.
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Defence and fear can be spun many ways, just most don't know what they are capable of. I'll give you an example -YOU are walking down a dark street and YOU see 3 mean looking guys headed your way, and it becomes clear that they mean to do you harm! How do you feel?
Now the same senerio, but you are across the street, where no one sees you, and those same three thugs are headed toward someone you love dearly -Now how do you feel?
It goes back to selfishness, if a mom is worried things may go south for her, instead of protecting her baby.

Indianapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Judged:

The 6000 year old earth.
Creation.
Garden of eden.
Great flood.
Insects having 4 legs.
Bats are not birds.
People living for centuries.

The list goes on and on...
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Has science disproved anything in the Bible?
Forum

Hobbs, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Judged:

AyakaNeo wrote:
<quoted text>We aren't predestined to do greatness or find cures for Cancer and Aids or to balance a budget.
There is a doctor in Houston that cures cancer
without chemotherapy. What happens to medical
insurance when no one gets sick anymore?
God heals us for free.
Gtown71

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Judged:

Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
At least science deals with research and analysis. Scientists don't simply insist that something is true and then do nothing to prove it.
Really? Is that not their cry, just give us alittle more time, and we will prove such and such? Please realize, when I use the word science -I'm speaking of those who try and discredit God. They research and analyze things allright, but they use that which God has created to do their test.

What they study, prod, probe, heat, cool, or whatever they do was either created by a God, or BANG! You decide.

Gods plan will be done regaurdless of what you or I believe or think -what we believe only affects ourselves.

Most people don't want to believe, becouse they don't want their darkness brought to the light.
Then there are those who are "good ", but will never be good enough.

If a person truly wants to know if God is real -they can ask -even if the have No idea what to say, or who to call Him,BUT it requires something that will be extremely hard for you to do, which is put your pride where it belongs.
Gtown71

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Judged:

Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
"Biblical references Psalm 93:1, 96:10, and 1 Chronicles 16:30 include text stating that "the world is firmly established, it cannot be moved." In the same manner, Psalm 104:5 says, "the Lord set the earth on its foundations; it can never be moved." Further, Ecclesiastes 1:5 states that "And the sun rises and sets and returns to its place" etc."
"Galileo was found "vehemently suspect of heresy", namely of having held the opinions that the Sun lies motionless at the centre of the universe, that the Earth is not at its centre and moves, and that one may hold and defend an opinion as probable after it has been declared contrary to Holy Scripture. He was required to "abjure, curse and detest" those opinions.[59]
He was sentenced to formal imprisonment at the pleasure of the Inquisition.[60] On the following day this was commuted to house arrest, which he remained under for the rest of his life.
His offending Dialogue was banned; and in an action not announced at the trial, publication of any of his works was forbidden, including any he might write in the future."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Galileo_Galilei
So -you're willing to bet your entire eternity on a few verses you think are wrong? A book of books, written over sooo many years, and the nay sayers can only come up with a handful of verses "they say " claim all the bible null and void.

If nothing else, I used to never know, and now I do. Must you fully understand all things about all things, before you "trust? "

If a human doctor told you such and such, and that you would die if you did not do such and such -would you argue with him? Would you trust Him?
What if another doctor told you the same thing, then what? Argue /trust?

Lets just say a Holy God Did send His Only Begotten Son to die for YOU.

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

Forum wrote:
<quoted text>
There is a doctor in Houston that cures cancer
without chemotherapy. What happens to medical
insurance when no one gets sick anymore?
God heals us for free.
None of this has anything to do with the subject of having the right to decide how to treat your medical conditions.
Ocean56

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

Judged:

The Prince wrote:
Not sure about that but he uses their mouths to spout his gospel of hate and militant lesbianism. They are his handmaidens and don't even realize they are being used. Pray for them.
Your "satan" is IMAGINARY, Tommydumdum. Try dealing in reality for a change, assuming that is even possible by now.

“Easy does it... ”

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

Judged:

LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Get a grip son. That same abortion could be PREVENTING the next Manson, Pol Pot, or Al Queda member.
That kind of pondering is meaningless.
Possibly, but why always look at the negative side there, "Dad"?(BTW peckerwood, thanks for calling me "son" as I'm old enough to be a grandfather, and soon will be). And of course you would find it meaningless..... as you and several others are clearly for abortion. But no Thomas Edison, no Abraham Lincoln and the list could go on. How would history have been changed if just a handful that have influenced it so greatly, were simply aborted? But alas, this is another rhetorical question. Just like the first one I posted. Because not a single one of you can provide a answer. All that you and many others on here are mentally capable of doing is bash a person offering food for thought. The "thought" process is seemingly foreign to yourself, as well as a few others on here.

But shucks,(old man/woman),I just find it amusing that certain people are so set in there ways... that they simply refuse to even look at it from any other perspective other than black and white.

Have a great and wonderful day.
grumpy

Pomona, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

Judged:

Will Munny wrote:
<quoted text>
Possibly, but why always look at the negative side there, "Dad"?(BTW peckerwood, thanks for calling me "son" as I'm old enough to be a grandfather, and soon will be). And of course you would find it meaningless..... as you and several others are clearly for abortion. But no Thomas Edison, no Abraham Lincoln and the list could go on. How would history have been changed if just a handful that have influenced it so greatly, were simply aborted? But alas, this is another rhetorical question. Just like the first one I posted. Because not a single one of you can provide a answer. All that you and many others on here are mentally capable of doing is bash a person offering food for thought. The "thought" process is seemingly foreign to yourself, as well as a few others on here.
But shucks,(old man/woman),I just find it amusing that certain people are so set in there ways... that they simply refuse to even look at it from any other perspective other than black and white.
Not "possibly" but "certainly". Do you think that during almost 300,000 posts nobody has considerred that question?

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

Judged:

Will Munny wrote:
<quoted text>
We did answer, your questions are meaningless speculation, not food for thought. That is the answer. And you are certainly not the first person to pose such a meaningless question. Giving you the reverse answer is not always looking at the "negative" side.

And no, we are no "for" abortion. We support a woman's right to make her own choice regarding her uterus and pregnancy. That makes us "for" choice. By the way, most women do still make the choice to continue even unplanned pregnancies. Your side tends to ignore that in your attempt to demonize the opposition in this debate.

And guess what? It's your side that sees this as a black and white issue, not the pro-choice side.

Indianapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

Judged:

I'm not a nazi; i was never pope. You give conjunctions pet names?
The Prince wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong again you old but nazii you. Word is your buts pet name given by the other gays is "Poland", because it has been divebombed so often.

Indianapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

Judged:

In your family, I suspect you could be a grandfather at 30.

If you posit the positive, you can't negate the negative. You bring up edison (who was a thief and a first-class SOB); we bring up hitler. Same argument. And what makes you think potential world-changers haven't been aborted--or killed by their parents after birth?

I look at abortion from the perspective of the born, sentient woman whose rights are established, not the mindless potential fetus's.
Will Munny wrote:
<quoted text>

“Easy does it... ”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

Judged:

Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
We did answer, your questions are meaningless speculation, not food for thought. That is the answer. And you are certainly not the first person to pose such a meaningless question. Giving you the reverse answer is not always looking at the "negative" side.
And no, we are no "for" abortion. We support a woman's right to make her own choice regarding her uterus and pregnancy. That makes us "for" choice. By the way, most women do still make the choice to continue even unplanned pregnancies. Your side tends to ignore that in your attempt to demonize the opposition in this debate.
And guess what? It's your side that sees this as a black and white issue, not the pro-choice side.
The question that I posed should not be considered meaningless speculation to a logical person. Logic does say that I posed a unanswerable question, yes. Simply because not one of us can answer it. It also logical to assume that we don't know , or will ever know, what may have become in the life of an unborn child. And yet you wish to argue with logic? Really? Is your mind so shut of the possibility of what could have possibly been? If that is indeed the case, then you are obviously lacking of free thinking of any sort. Logically speaking, that is.

I apologize for any inconvenience that I may have caused you and others. A simple reboot should fix you.

“Easy does it... ”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

Judged:

cpeter1313 wrote:
In your family, I suspect you could be a grandfather at 30.
If you posit the positive, you can't negate the negative. You bring up edison (who was a thief and a first-class SOB); we bring up hitler. Same argument. And what makes you think potential world-changers haven't been aborted--or killed by their parents after birth?
I look at abortion from the perspective of the born, sentient woman whose rights are established, not the mindless potential fetus's.
<quoted text>
Hmm... starting off with an insult shows how classy of an individual you are. It's starting to make me that believer that abortions may actually serve a valuable purpose.

Unfortunately, they seemed to have missed an excellent candidate in yourself, sir.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

Judged:

Will Munny wrote:
<quoted text>
The question that I posed should not be considered meaningless speculation to a logical person. Logic does say that I posed a unanswerable question, yes. Simply because not one of us can answer it. It also logical to assume that we don't know , or will ever know, what may have become in the life of an unborn child. And yet you wish to argue with logic? Really? Is your mind so shut of the possibility of what could have possibly been? If that is indeed the case, then you are obviously lacking of free thinking of any sort. Logically speaking, that is.
I apologize for any inconvenience that I may have caused you and others. A simple reboot should fix you.
Logic actually suggests that you shouldn't be whining that people didn't answer your unanswerable question. Your question was not logical at all. Sorry.

The fact is that it's YOUR mind that is shut to all the possibilities. YOU just want to speculate on the good, and the fact that we pointed out the reverse of your position proves that we do, indeed, see all the possibilities.

Your passive aggressiveness doesn't cause us any inconvenience at all, but don't believe for one moment we don't notice.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

Judged:

Will Munny wrote:
<quoted text>
Hmm... starting off with an insult shows how classy of an individual you are. It's starting to make me that believer that abortions may actually serve a valuable purpose.
Unfortunately, they seemed to have missed an excellent candidate in yourself, sir.
You've been flinging your own insults, Hypocrite. Grow up, and stop whining when you get your own back.

Indianapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

Judged:

Proof that people like you don't mind abortion--as long as YOU get to choose who gets aborted.
Will Munny wrote:
<quoted text>

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

Will Munny wrote:
<quoted text>
Hate to break it to you, but you're not first person who has had this "brilliant" aha moment. It's been said a thousand times before.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

grumpy wrote:
<quoted text>Not "possibly" but "certainly". Do you think that during almost 300,000 posts nobody has considerred that question?
Exactly lol.
grumpy

Pomona, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

Judged:

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Has science disproved anything in the Bible?
The space program has proved that day and night comes from the rotation of the earth and not by the sun moving across the sky.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 274,181 - 274,200 of304,945
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••