Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Comments (Page 13,709)

Showing posts 274,161 - 274,180 of303,158
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

Judged:

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
So the theories are true because they keep changing and religion is a lie because it stays the same.
You really are a limited thinker. That's not at all the point of what he said.

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

Judged:

cpeter1313 wrote:
Were you there when your god knocked up mary? Did you sell tickets?
<quoted text>
I chose not to return the insult because I didn't want to deal with Ink's whining about how she's being victimized.

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

Judged:

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
WE all know the earth was created. Science someday may tell us how. The Bible tells why.
You may believe that, but I do not. The bible is merely a book penned and edited by mortal men, and we all know how inaccurate humans can be when retelling stories. And one thing we do know is that people came up with fantastical stories to explain what was once the unexplainable.

At one time your religion believed/taught the Sun, stars and planets all revolved around the Earth and it was heretical thinking to say otherwise, and we all know how that turned out. And that is the religion we are supposed to take as the explanation of anything?

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

Judged:

huskerlicious wrote:
<quoted text>Wow, you are such an ignorant, bigoted, sad, pathetic pinhead.
I see the truth hurts, huh Knut.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

Judged:

Self-defense is actually irrelevan as you describe it. It's the reasonable FEAR of danger that constitutes self-defense, and the FACT is that any pregnancy can go south at any time. The woman gets to decide what the extent of the risk might be, and whether she will accept the risk.
worships reality wrote:
<quoted text>
gladly. if you are going to classify something as self defense you better damn well be sure that it meets the criteria. in this case it does not. pregnancy, while no doubt physically taxing to the mother, can hardly be classified as a condition reasonably assumed to cause imminent death or great bodily harm. if in fact a pregnancy is determined by a licensed physician to be an imminent threat to the mother's life then a case could be made for self defense and the use of deadly force (abortion) would be warranted. however. In the case of a normal pregnancy the criteria necessary for a claim of self defense and the justifiable use of deadly force are simply not met.
that was easy. do you have anything more challenging?
Katie

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

Judged:

worships reality wrote:
<quoted text>
gladly. if you are going to classify something as self defense you better damn well be sure that it meets the criteria. in this case it does not. pregnancy, while no doubt physically taxing to the mother, can hardly be classified as a condition reasonably assumed to cause imminent death or great bodily harm. if in fact a pregnancy is determined by a licensed physician to be an imminent threat to the mother's life then a case could be made for self defense and the use of deadly force (abortion) would be warranted. however. In the case of a normal pregnancy the criteria necessary for a claim of self defense and the justifiable use of deadly force are simply not met.
that was easy. do you have anything more challenging?
Your argument works if pregnancy is a criminal condition. As you pointed out, it's not. It's a medical condition. We have rights to medical self-defense; the right to refuse treatment, the right to refuse being experimented on, the right to refuse our organs being used against our will, etc.

Which do you find more acceptable? An embryo aborted at the 8th gestational week or a life-threatening viable fetus aborted at 32 weeks gestation?
Katie

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

Judged:

cpeter1313 wrote:
Self-defense is actually irrelevan as you describe it. It's the reasonable FEAR of danger that constitutes self-defense, and the FACT is that any pregnancy can go south at any time. The woman gets to decide what the extent of the risk might be, and whether she will accept the risk.
<quoted text>
Oh yeah, that, too!! "...reasonable FEAR of danger that constitutes self-defense..." Full term pregnancies may be problem-free. Delivery is another story altogether.
Bit-O-Honey

Mooresville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

Judged:

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
WE all know the earth was created. Science someday may tell us how. The Bible tells why.
. LOL not really it doesn't. Nowhere does God discuss "why" he created earth. I'm personally a believer that if he even exists,we're a mote in his eye, and we're likely nothing more than a passing fancy he uses for amusement.
The kind of deity you freaks believe in is quite laughable really.

Indianapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

Judged:

Theories are not finalized because they are reactive to FACTS. Religion stays the same because you need neither facts nor proof. Dogma is not evidence of anything; every religion has its own, and none agree. A physicist in jerusalem has the same data to reference as one in malibu.
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
So the theories are true because they keep changing and religion is a lie because it stays the same.
Forum

Hobbs, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

Judged:

Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Your argument works if pregnancy is a criminal condition. As you pointed out, it's not. It's a medical condition. We have rights to medical self-defense; the right to refuse treatment, the right to refuse being experimented on, the right to refuse our organs being used against our will, etc.
Which do you find more acceptable? An embryo aborted at the 8th gestational week or a life-threatening viable fetus aborted at 32 weeks gestation?
The problem is that we believe such nonsense.
Doctors are make-believe. God has to help us.
We sense when there is evil.
The hospital can help us deliver our babies.
But if they hurt the babies or the women,
it is wrong. Asking to tie my tubes is an insult.
It is sterilization. Stitching the skin is just dumb.
They are predators.

Indianapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

Judged:

To paraphrase rhett butler, ink needs to be "victimized" and often, and by someone who knows how!
Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
I chose not to return the insult because I didn't want to deal with Ink's whining about how she's being victimized.

Since: Jun 08

Atrisco Village

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

Judged:

Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>I
What utter crap you just spouted.
Yup. Like I said, who cares what these fanatics think?
Forum

Hobbs, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

Judged:

Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh yeah, that, too!! "...reasonable FEAR of danger that constitutes self-defense..." Full term pregnancies may be problem-free. Delivery is another story altogether.
Give praise to the Lord, for he is good:
for his mercy endureth forever. Amen.
The Prince

Phillipsburg, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

Judged:

Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
"I didn't want to deal with Ink's whining about how she's being victimized."

Pot meet kettle!

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
That's just as dumb as what she said.
Wouldn't have expected anything else from you Ink. That's just how predictable your meaningless and useless posts are.

“Easy does it... ”

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Judged:

What if...there was that single abortion that lead to the destruction of the only single person that would've been able lead us as a planet, out of the mess that we're now in. A worthwhile leader, man or woman, who could have took control of the many corrupt and poorly conceived economic developments in our past, that we see before us now in this day and time....

We will never know. Regardless of if you believe if this decision was for the best or not. We shall never know as a collective group of the planet earth, of the many great and creative minds that were possibly lost to us. That's what I personally wonder the most about.

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Will Munny wrote:
What if...there was that single abortion that lead to the destruction of the only single person that would've been able lead us as a planet, out of the mess that we're now in. A worthwhile leader, man or woman, who could have took control of the many corrupt and poorly conceived economic developments in our past, that we see before us now in this day and time....
We will never know. Regardless of if you believe if this decision was for the best or not. We shall never know as a collective group of the planet earth, of the many great and creative minds that were possibly lost to us. That's what I personally wonder the most about.
We aren't predestined to do greatness or find cures for Cancer and Aids or to balance a budget.

“Easy does it... ”

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Judged:

I never stated one single thing about predestination. I simply posed the question of "what if"? You don't know, and neither do I.
Katie

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Judged:

Will Munny wrote:
Why would you worry about such things outside of your control?

And do you consider what might've been following every spontaneous abortion? Or that about half of all fertilized eggs never implant (honey don't flush, it may contain the next Einstein).

Are you biting your fingernails over that?
Ocean56

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Judged:

Ink wrote:
Militant? Care to explain?
If you don't know the meaning of a word, get a dictionary. That is, assuming you have one.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 274,161 - 274,180 of303,158
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent NCAA Basketball Discussions

Search the NCAA Basketball Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 5 min Bob of Quantum-Faith 217,070
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 10 min mdbuilder 1,034,196
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) Fri Fight On 26,094
Syracuse basketball: Jim Boeheim tells ESPN Tyl... Apr 14 Lenox Da Kid 2
loan offer (Jun '13) Apr 14 Bryan Cranston 81
Burke Calls Shots With The Best (Feb '08) Apr 12 maryann 19
Do you hate UK Wildcats, we DO :-) (Apr '11) Apr 12 plenty 49
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••