Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday 305,664
Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision. Full Story
Gtown71

United States

#291806 Apr 4, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
Self-defense is actually irrelevan as you describe it. It's the reasonable FEAR of danger that constitutes self-defense, and the FACT is that any pregnancy can go south at any time. The woman gets to decide what the extent of the risk might be, and whether she will accept the risk.
<quoted text>
Defence and fear can be spun many ways, just most don't know what they are capable of. I'll give you an example -YOU are walking down a dark street and YOU see 3 mean looking guys headed your way, and it becomes clear that they mean to do you harm! How do you feel?

Now the same senerio, but you are across the street, where no one sees you, and those same three thugs are headed toward someone you love dearly -Now how do you feel?

It goes back to selfishness, if a mom is worried things may go south for her, instead of protecting her baby.
Gtown71

United States

#291807 Apr 4, 2013
Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
You may believe that, but I do not. The bible is merely a book penned and edited by mortal men, and we all know how inaccurate humans can be when retelling stories. And one thing we do know is that people came up with fantastical stories to explain what was once the unexplainable.
At one time your religion believed/taught the Sun, stars and planets all revolved around the Earth and it was heretical thinking to say otherwise, and we all know how that turned out. And that is the religion we are supposed to take as the explanation of anything?
Our religion has many today trying to tie the bible and evolution together, it also has the kkk and other goof balls, but it doesn't make the bible less true. If science misses "which it does often",then they go a different dirrection. Their cry is (just give us more time!!!)
The problem is -YOU only have so much, so you best be certain you're right.

I say Jesus is the only way, and that I am certain.
Ocean56

AOL

#291808 Apr 4, 2013
The Prince wrote:
Another self-centered proabortion pagan, who hates her own femininity. Don't you think women have reproductive organs for a reason? Forget science, forget nature, you pagans have your own slefish rules.
Don't YOU think women have other interests besides being just a mindless baby factory for God and church? I assure you, we DO. That doesn't mean we "hate our own feminity," idiot, no matter how many times you male religionist kooks claim otherwise.

Again, motherhood is OPTIONAL, not required. Women can cheerfully reject motherhood entirely, or have just ONE child by choice, and still be completely feminine. This ISN'T the 18th or 19th century any more, Tommydumdum, and EACH woman gets to decide for HERSELF whether to be a mother or not. Those of us who are already moms also decide how many children EACH of us wants, rather than having some nosy church clerics dictating to us that we should "leave birth control up to God" or something equally stupid.

I'm very grateful for the availability of reliable contraception that has kept me pregnancy-FREE the last 15+ years. For me, PREGNANCY SUCKS, which is why I so love NOT being pregnant.
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

#291809 Apr 4, 2013
<quoted text
At one time your religion believed/taught the Sun, stars and planets all revolved around the Earth and it was heretical thinking to say otherwise, and we all know how that turned out. And that is the religion we are supposed to take as the explanation of anything?
“...Kepler was helped by a number of Jesuit astronomers, including Father Paul Guldin and Father Zucchi, and by Giovanni Cassini, who studied under Jesuits. Cassini and Jesuit colleagues were eventually able to confirm Kepler’s theory on the Earth having an elliptical orbit….A Catholic priest, Father Nicholas Zucchi, invented the reflecting telescope. Among the many great Catholic clerical astronomers Giuseppe Piazzi discovered the first asteroid, Ceres, in 1801, and established the observatory at Palermo. Piazzi also obtained modern equipment and instruments for it, and converted Palermo from a backwater in poverty-stricken and ignorant Sicily to a great center for astronomy, a position it has maintained ever since, later being involved with the first imaging X-ray astrophysics. Despite being a Catholic priest and indeed a Professor of Dogmatic Theology in Rome, in 1788 Piazzi traveled to England to work with the astronomer Nevil Maskelyne, a Protestant minister, and the famous instrument-maker Ramsden. A little before this a Jesuit mathematician, R. G. Boscovich, had played a key role in charting the way to modern nuclear physics. In the 20th century a Catholic priest and scientist, Fr. Georges Lemaître, discovered the Big Bang.(He was concerned that it not be used as an argument to prove the existence of God, which he held should be a matter of faith.)…”

From American Spectator G H Colebatch
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

#291810 Apr 4, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>

Which do you find more acceptable? An embryo aborted at the 8th gestational week or a life-threatening viable fetus aborted at 32 weeks gestation?
The fate of a baby born alive after an attempted abortion should be left up to " the woman. her family and her physican"

http://www.bpnews.net/BPnews.asp...

Do you agree? Does Planned Parenthood have neo-natal equipment on hand to aid such a child.?
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

#291811 Apr 4, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
Theories are not finalized because they are reactive to FACTS. Religion stays the same because you need neither facts nor proof. Dogma is not evidence of anything; every religion has its own, and none agree. A physicist in jerusalem has the same data to reference as one in malibu.
<quoted text>
Has science disproved anything in the Bible?
Jellybeans

Danielson, CT

#291812 Apr 4, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
The fate of a baby born alive after an attempted abortion should be left up to " the woman. her family and her physican"
Do you agree? Does Planned Parenthood have neo-natal equipment on hand to aid such a child.?
This is sick! PP are sick bastards.

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#291813 Apr 4, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Our religion has many today trying to tie the bible and evolution together, it also has the kkk and other goof balls, but it doesn't make the bible less true. If science misses "which it does often",then they go a different dirrection. Their cry is (just give us more time!!!)
The problem is -YOU only have so much, so you best be certain you're right.
I say Jesus is the only way, and that I am certain.
At least science deals with research and analysis. Scientists don't simply insist that something is true and then do nothing to prove it.

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#291814 Apr 4, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
“...Kepler was helped by a number of Jesuit astronomers, including Father Paul Guldin and Father Zucchi, and by Giovanni Cassini, who studied under Jesuits. Cassini and Jesuit colleagues were eventually able to confirm Kepler’s theory on the Earth having an elliptical orbit….A Catholic priest, Father Nicholas Zucchi, invented the reflecting telescope. Among the many great Catholic clerical astronomers Giuseppe Piazzi discovered the first asteroid, Ceres, in 1801, and established the observatory at Palermo. Piazzi also obtained modern equipment and instruments for it, and converted Palermo from a backwater in poverty-stricken and ignorant Sicily to a great center for astronomy, a position it has maintained ever since, later being involved with the first imaging X-ray astrophysics. Despite being a Catholic priest and indeed a Professor of Dogmatic Theology in Rome, in 1788 Piazzi traveled to England to work with the astronomer Nevil Maskelyne, a Protestant minister, and the famous instrument-maker Ramsden. A little before this a Jesuit mathematician, R. G. Boscovich, had played a key role in charting the way to modern nuclear physics. In the 20th century a Catholic priest and scientist, Fr. Georges Lemaître, discovered the Big Bang.(He was concerned that it not be used as an argument to prove the existence of God, which he held should be a matter of faith.)…”
From American Spectator G H Colebatch
"Biblical references Psalm 93:1, 96:10, and 1 Chronicles 16:30 include text stating that "the world is firmly established, it cannot be moved." In the same manner, Psalm 104:5 says, "the Lord set the earth on its foundations; it can never be moved." Further, Ecclesiastes 1:5 states that "And the sun rises and sets and returns to its place" etc."

"Galileo was found "vehemently suspect of heresy", namely of having held the opinions that the Sun lies motionless at the centre of the universe, that the Earth is not at its centre and moves, and that one may hold and defend an opinion as probable after it has been declared contrary to Holy Scripture. He was required to "abjure, curse and detest" those opinions.[59]
He was sentenced to formal imprisonment at the pleasure of the Inquisition.[60] On the following day this was commuted to house arrest, which he remained under for the rest of his life.
His offending Dialogue was banned; and in an action not announced at the trial, publication of any of his works was forbidden, including any he might write in the future."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Galileo_Galilei
Katie

Spanaway, WA

#291816 Apr 4, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Instead of using my post only as a springboard, why don't you answer the question? Which do you find more acceptable? An embryo aborted at the 8th gestational week or a life-threatening viable fetus aborted at 32 weeks gestation?
huskerlicious

Falls City, NE

#291817 Apr 4, 2013
<quoted text>
You're ugly and rotting on the inside. Some hideous beast must've shat you out during it's death throes.
Satan opened his legs and squirted you out.
The Prince

Phillipsburg, NJ

#291818 Apr 4, 2013
huskerlicious wrote:
<quoted text>Satan opened his legs and squirted you out.
Not sure about that but he uses their mouths to spout his gospel of hate and militant lesbianism. They are his handmaidens and don't even realize they are being used. Pray for them.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#291819 Apr 4, 2013
Godwin's applies to calling someone "hitler", idiot, not using the name in debate.
The Prince wrote:
<quoted text>
You used "Hitler", Goodwins Law applies, so you lose all credibility. You pagans are pathetic.

“ROCK ON ROCKERS!!”

Since: Mar 11

Rockin' USA ;)

#291820 Apr 4, 2013
It's a FREAKIN' WOMAN'S OWN PERSONAL BOD!!...HER choice to have The Child it ABORT!!

Indianapolis

#291822 Apr 4, 2013
Only 3? Piffle.

I've lived in some dire neighborhoods and have never had a problem, because I am neither arrogant nor afraid in demeanor.

The only thing that is relevant is how the pregnant woman perceives HER pregnancy.
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Defence and fear can be spun many ways, just most don't know what they are capable of. I'll give you an example -YOU are walking down a dark street and YOU see 3 mean looking guys headed your way, and it becomes clear that they mean to do you harm! How do you feel?
Now the same senerio, but you are across the street, where no one sees you, and those same three thugs are headed toward someone you love dearly -Now how do you feel?
It goes back to selfishness, if a mom is worried things may go south for her, instead of protecting her baby.

Indianapolis

#291823 Apr 4, 2013
The 6000 year old earth.
Creation.
Garden of eden.
Great flood.
Insects having 4 legs.
Bats are not birds.
People living for centuries.

The list goes on and on...
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Has science disproved anything in the Bible?
Forum

Hobbs, NM

#291825 Apr 4, 2013
AyakaNeo wrote:
<quoted text>We aren't predestined to do greatness or find cures for Cancer and Aids or to balance a budget.
There is a doctor in Houston that cures cancer
without chemotherapy. What happens to medical
insurance when no one gets sick anymore?
God heals us for free.
Gtown71

United States

#291826 Apr 4, 2013
<quoted text>
At least science deals with research and analysis. Scientists don't simply insist that something is true and then do nothing to prove it.
Really? Is that not their cry, just give us alittle more time, and we will prove such and such? Please realize, when I use the word science -I'm speaking of those who try and discredit God. They research and analyze things allright, but they use that which God has created to do their test.

What they study, prod, probe, heat, cool, or whatever they do was either created by a God, or BANG! You decide.

Gods plan will be done regaurdless of what you or I believe or think -what we believe only affects ourselves.

Most people don't want to believe, becouse they don't want their darkness brought to the light.
Then there are those who are "good ", but will never be good enough.

If a person truly wants to know if God is real -they can ask -even if the have No idea what to say, or who to call Him,BUT it requires something that will be extremely hard for you to do, which is put your pride where it belongs.
Gtown71

United States

#291827 Apr 4, 2013
<quoted text>
"Biblical references Psalm 93:1, 96:10, and 1 Chronicles 16:30 include text stating that "the world is firmly established, it cannot be moved." In the same manner, Psalm 104:5 says, "the Lord set the earth on its foundations; it can never be moved." Further, Ecclesiastes 1:5 states that "And the sun rises and sets and returns to its place" etc."
"Galileo was found "vehemently suspect of heresy", namely of having held the opinions that the Sun lies motionless at the centre of the universe, that the Earth is not at its centre and moves, and that one may hold and defend an opinion as probable after it has been declared contrary to Holy Scripture. He was required to "abjure, curse and detest" those opinions.[59]
He was sentenced to formal imprisonment at the pleasure of the Inquisition.[60] On the following day this was commuted to house arrest, which he remained under for the rest of his life.
His offending Dialogue was banned; and in an action not announced at the trial, publication of any of his works was forbidden, including any he might write in the future."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Galileo_Galilei
So -you're willing to bet your entire eternity on a few verses you think are wrong? A book of books, written over sooo many years, and the nay sayers can only come up with a handful of verses "they say " claim all the bible null and void.

If nothing else, I used to never know, and now I do. Must you fully understand all things about all things, before you "trust? "

If a human doctor told you such and such, and that you would die if you did not do such and such -would you argue with him? Would you trust Him?
What if another doctor told you the same thing, then what? Argue /trust?

Lets just say a Holy God Did send His Only Begotten Son to die for YOU.

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

#291829 Apr 5, 2013
Forum wrote:
<quoted text>
There is a doctor in Houston that cures cancer
without chemotherapy. What happens to medical
insurance when no one gets sick anymore?
God heals us for free.
None of this has anything to do with the subject of having the right to decide how to treat your medical conditions.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 5 min Whos not Surprised 1,110,822
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 10 min Bruin For Life 27,415
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 10 min Aura Mytha 227,653
Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 3 hr ptettee 200,974
Freshman Jonah Bolden declared ineligible for U... Sep 12 Brew In 1
Indiana Basketball: 2015 Forward Juwan Morgan C... Sep 11 Mike Williams 1
ACC Tournament 2014: Biggest Storylines to Watc... (Mar '14) Sep 11 Anonymous 2
•••
•••

NCAA Basketball People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••