Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday 306,567
Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision. Full Story
Gtown71

United States

#291741 Apr 3, 2013
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text> The Gosnell clinic isn't a model if the typical abortion provider. Period. I don't care what these fanatics think.
I believe it was. He like you and others seen no value on human life, and just killed them a little further along. It may make you guys feel better, if the baby is smaller, but it is still a baby.

If obama had his way -they would all be ran this way.
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

#291742 Apr 3, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Were you here when the big bang happened? What about when a meter hit the earth and killed all the dinos?
Or the ice age?
Do you know all of the creators and builders of all the buildings in the US? I would say no way, but when you see a building, all you know is (there it is) you also know someone planned and created it. Yet when it comes to the earth, and how it hangs in space, along with all other planets, you say it just happened.
I think she was there when the big bang happened.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#291743 Apr 3, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe it was. He like you and others seen no value on human life, and just killed them a little further along. It may make you guys feel better, if the baby is smaller, but it is still a baby.
If obama had his way -they would all be ran this way.
What utter crap you just spouted.
Katie

Spanaway, WA

#291744 Apr 3, 2013
worships reality wrote:
<quoted text>
you give her way more credit than she deserves. it wasn't even a nice try. it wasn't even close to being a valid self defense argument.
Let's see you refute the fact that abortion is self-defense of a medical condition which is unwanted/unhealthy. Put your money where your mouth is.

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#291745 Apr 3, 2013
Ocean56 wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly. The problem is that the militant religionist kooks want everyone else dragged into their hell along with them. Misery loves company, you know.
That's the truth. What a miserable crowd.

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#291746 Apr 3, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
No they would tell the truth. First in first out.
You mean the way so many of them told the truth about children being raped by priests?

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#291747 Apr 3, 2013
The Prince wrote:
<quoted text>
Only to a harlot like yourself, pagan.
Harlot? Is that what you dream about while you're stroking limpy in your cold lonely bed?

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#291748 Apr 3, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
So do you struggle against your human nature, or were you just born to be good?
I don't struggle. It's just how I want to be.

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#291749 Apr 3, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Were you here when the big bang happened? What about when a meter hit the earth and killed all the dinos?
Or the ice age?
Do you know all of the creators and builders of all the buildings in the US? I would say no way, but when you see a building, all you know is (there it is) you also know someone planned and created it. Yet when it comes to the earth, and how it hangs in space, along with all other planets, you say it just happened.
What you're discussing are theories, and many scientists spend years gathering evidence to try and support those theories. I never said "it just happened", but science has answered many questions while religion answers nothing.

I can see and touch buildings. Millions of other people can see they exist and are tangible. That's a poor analogy.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#291750 Apr 3, 2013
My grandfather was an architect; there is no mystery about how buildings are created. You can find out who built what through city hall.

Planets don't hang anywhere; they are in place due to various gravitational fields. If something changes with those fields, the position changes. It is predictable using physics/astrophysics.

The big bang and the death of the dinosaurs (most of them, at least) are theories based on all current data. We expect such theories to be changed or even revamped should we discover more evidence.

Religion doesn't allow for change and requires no proof; that is its failing.
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Or the ice age?
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

#291751 Apr 3, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
The big bang and the death of the dinosaurs (most of them, at least) are theories based on all current data. We expect such theories to be changed or even revamped should we discover more evidence.
Religion doesn't allow for change and requires no proof; that is its failing.
<quoted text>
So the theories are true because they keep changing and religion is a lie because it stays the same.

Indianapolis

#291752 Apr 3, 2013
Were you there when your god knocked up mary? Did you sell tickets?
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I think she was there when the big bang happened.
worships reality

United States

#291753 Apr 3, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's see you refute the fact that abortion is self-defense of a medical condition which is unwanted/unhealthy. Put your money where your mouth is.
gladly. if you are going to classify something as self defense you better damn well be sure that it meets the criteria. in this case it does not. pregnancy, while no doubt physically taxing to the mother, can hardly be classified as a condition reasonably assumed to cause imminent death or great bodily harm. if in fact a pregnancy is determined by a licensed physician to be an imminent threat to the mother's life then a case could be made for self defense and the use of deadly force (abortion) would be warranted. however. In the case of a normal pregnancy the criteria necessary for a claim of self defense and the justifiable use of deadly force are simply not met.
that was easy. do you have anything more challenging?
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

#291754 Apr 3, 2013
Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
What you're discussing are theories, and many scientists spend years gathering evidence to try and support those theories. I never said "it just happened", but science has answered many questions while religion answers nothing.
I can see and touch buildings. Millions of other people can see they exist and are tangible. That's a poor analogy.
WE all know the earth was created. Science someday may tell us how. The Bible tells why.
huskerlicious

Falls City, NE

#291755 Apr 3, 2013
Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
You mean the way so many of them told the truth about children being raped by priests?
Wow, you are such an ignorant, bigoted, sad, pathetic pinhead.

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#291756 Apr 3, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
So the theories are true because they keep changing and religion is a lie because it stays the same.
You really are a limited thinker. That's not at all the point of what he said.

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#291757 Apr 3, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
Were you there when your god knocked up mary? Did you sell tickets?
<quoted text>
I chose not to return the insult because I didn't want to deal with Ink's whining about how she's being victimized.

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#291758 Apr 3, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
WE all know the earth was created. Science someday may tell us how. The Bible tells why.
You may believe that, but I do not. The bible is merely a book penned and edited by mortal men, and we all know how inaccurate humans can be when retelling stories. And one thing we do know is that people came up with fantastical stories to explain what was once the unexplainable.

At one time your religion believed/taught the Sun, stars and planets all revolved around the Earth and it was heretical thinking to say otherwise, and we all know how that turned out. And that is the religion we are supposed to take as the explanation of anything?

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#291759 Apr 3, 2013
huskerlicious wrote:
<quoted text>Wow, you are such an ignorant, bigoted, sad, pathetic pinhead.
I see the truth hurts, huh Knut.

Indianapolis

#291760 Apr 3, 2013
Self-defense is actually irrelevan as you describe it. It's the reasonable FEAR of danger that constitutes self-defense, and the FACT is that any pregnancy can go south at any time. The woman gets to decide what the extent of the risk might be, and whether she will accept the risk.
worships reality wrote:
<quoted text>
gladly. if you are going to classify something as self defense you better damn well be sure that it meets the criteria. in this case it does not. pregnancy, while no doubt physically taxing to the mother, can hardly be classified as a condition reasonably assumed to cause imminent death or great bodily harm. if in fact a pregnancy is determined by a licensed physician to be an imminent threat to the mother's life then a case could be made for self defense and the use of deadly force (abortion) would be warranted. however. In the case of a normal pregnancy the criteria necessary for a claim of self defense and the justifiable use of deadly force are simply not met.
that was easy. do you have anything more challenging?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 12 min John Galt 1,142,146
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 18 min Insults Are Easier 231,849
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 45 min Trojan 28,184
What role do you think humans play in global wa... 5 hr IBdaMann 2,137
Should child beauty pageants be banned? 6 hr Suzanne shelton 636
Haas Leads Purdue Past Grambling State, 82-30 Sat ngzcaz 1
Pat Summitt files for divorce after 27 years of... (Aug '07) Sat MichaelAB 140

NCAA Basketball People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE