Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.
Comments
273,841 - 273,860 of 305,450 Comments Last updated 1 hr ago

Since: Feb 07

Location hidden

#291468 Apr 1, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
I disagree, Sue. And I wonder if you're too close to the whole thing to even try to be objective about it. To look at the whole thing with fresh eyes. More clinics are monitored than not across the country -- including what you linked from Chicago. But if you have your way and abortion is criminalized, you will see quacks like Gosnell operating illegally more often than not.
What IS your objective regarding abortion? Do you want women just to wake up one day and NEVER reject an unwanted pregnancy? That's not realistic. Do you want women to have safe, legal abortion available when they decide on it? Or do you want them stuck in a dirty environment to punish them for even choosing abortion?
My objective is to show that just because abortion is legal, doesn't mean that it is safe. Vet clinics are more regulated and inspected than abortion "clinics" are.
Jesus is Light

United States

#291469 Apr 1, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
You are right, it is a waste of time expounding on common knowledge.
We need to bring people TO Christ not drive them away!!!

Location hidden

#291470 Apr 1, 2013
Katie wrote:

"So tell me, do you think the dead fetus you held was similar in size to a newborn puppy? That was my thought when I lost my pregnancy at 23 weeks. Or would that be "uncommon knowledge" in your opinion?"

What does size have to do with it?
Jesus is Light

United States

#291471 Apr 1, 2013
The Prince wrote:
<quoted text>
YOu twist the scripture with the tongue of Satan.
Hush! The tongue of Satan really!! That's primitive talk! We're in the 21 century! Stop making us look like backwards primitives!!!!
Jesus is Light

United States

#291472 Apr 1, 2013
worships reality wrote:
<quoted text>
no, foo was wrong. fetus at 20 weeks is approximately 26cm long or a little over 10 inches.
http://www.babycentre.co.uk/20-weeks-pregnant
It doesn't matter how big or small a fetus is because killing it is still wrong!!!
The Prince

Phillipsburg, NJ

#291473 Apr 1, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Nice of you to admit its YOUR word.
Its funny as hell that you're trying to attribute "YOUR WORD" to the Jewish view and act as if your claims have any validity.
ESPECIALLY when the first sentence of your link refutes your own claims.
<quoted text>
No Inkstain, YOUR concept of hell is NOT "out there" for those of the Jewish faith. YOUR concept of hell is a christian creation, and one we dont believe in.
Who is "we"? You have a mouse in your pocket, pagan?
The Prince

Phillipsburg, NJ

#291474 Apr 1, 2013
Jesus is Light wrote:
<quoted text>
Hush! The tongue of Satan really!! That's primitive talk! We're in the 21 century! Stop making us look like backwards primitives!!!!
Really fecess, you really think you are fooling anyone? You are not that clever, pahgan. You are barely an oar ahead of bitter, and that isn't good.
worships reality

United States

#291475 Apr 1, 2013
feces for jesus wrote:
<quoted text>
It is unfortunate that your religion has distorted the meaning of the word much. Please stop trying redefine Hebrew, Greek and Norse beliefs.
Gehenna is not your christian lie of hell
Sheol is not your christian lie of hell
Hades is not your christian lie of hell
Tartarus is not your christian lie of hell
most christians, including jonnycakes, are full of you.
oo-gaa !!!
worships reality

United States

#291476 Apr 1, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Since you missed this when it was supplied to Ink, I'll supply it again for you.
"Note: Babies are measured from the crown (or top) of the head to the rump (or bottom) until about 20 weeks. After that, they are measured from head to heel. This is because a baby's legs are curled up against the torso during the first half of pregnancy and very hard to measure.
Weight: 10.6 ounces - 300 grams
Length:
(crown to rump) 6.5 inches - 16.5 cm
(crown to heel) 10 inches - 25.5 cm."
http://www.baby2see.com/development/week20.ht...
Being a hard-head doesn't work so well after your 20s. Get with it, man.
thanks. what you provided clearly establishes that the crown to rump measurement is "not" the actual fetal measurement. by saying that the legs are "curled up and difficult to measure" acknowledges that they are not included in the measurement and therefore the crown to rump measurement at this stage is understood not to represent the actual fetal size.
are you always so pig headed when it comes to admitting you are in err?

Location hidden

#291477 Apr 1, 2013
worships reality wrote:
<quoted text>
thanks. what you provided clearly establishes that the crown to rump measurement is "not" the actual fetal measurement. by saying that the legs are "curled up and difficult to measure" acknowledges that they are not included in the measurement and therefore the crown to rump measurement at this stage is understood not to represent the actual fetal size.
Yup.
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

#291478 Apr 1, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Then you admit Foo was correct in stating a 20wk fetus is measured to be about 6 inches long even though you told her she was wrong? Because that's what I verified. Common knowledge both you and Foo were correct in your claims even though you seem too bitter to acknowledge it.
So tell me, do you think the dead fetus you held was similar in size to a newborn puppy? That was my thought when I lost my pregnancy at 23 weeks. Or would that be "uncommon knowledge" in your opinion?
My grandson was about ten or eleven inches long.

That is big enough to hold in your arms. Did you want to argue about the size of his casket too?
Katie

Spanaway, WA

#291479 Apr 1, 2013
Susanm wrote:
Katie wrote:
"So tell me, do you think the dead fetus you held was similar in size to a newborn puppy? That was my thought when I lost my pregnancy at 23 weeks. Or would that be "uncommon knowledge" in your opinion?"
What does size have to do with it?
It's to show Ink that she's not the only ones who's suffered a loss. That she shouldn't being trying to criminalize abortion because her daughter or daughter-in-law lost a wanted pregnancy. To show that "common knowledge" isn't always so "common" after all (as it's subjective).
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

#291480 Apr 1, 2013
feces for jesus wrote:
<quoted text>
It is unfortunate that your religion has distorted the meaning of the word much. Please stop trying redefine Hebrew, Greek and Norse beliefs.
Gehenna is not your christian lie of hell
Sheol is not your christian lie of hell
Hades is not your christian lie of hell
Tartarus is not your christian lie of hell
Who cares? Everyone can have their own hell and call it what they want.
Katie

Spanaway, WA

#291481 Apr 1, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
That is big enough to hold in your arms. Did you want to argue about the size of his casket too?
No, I've purchased a tiny casket, too.

Unlike you, I'm not willing to use my personal loss as a weapon against women I'll never know.
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

#291482 Apr 1, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
In the 60's, archaeologists uncovered carvings specifically mentioning him--but still nothing about jesus. Also, nobody created a cult around him, so there's no reason to make him up.
<quoted text>
And did those cravings mention where he was? No, they only have his name.
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

#291483 Apr 1, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
In the 60's, archaeologists uncovered carvings specifically mentioning him--but still nothing about jesus. Also, nobody created a cult around him, so there's no reason to make him up.
<quoted text>
Why do you think He had such a massive followings which of course continues today into the billions?
Bit-O-Honey

Mooresville, NC

#291484 Apr 1, 2013
Susanm wrote:
<quoted text>
"No, it appears to me that its simply an old news story, that's being updated as events warrant it."

Yea, who cares that women were maimed, abused, and killed and that babies were murdered.
Wow. What is it you expect from people, that's not already been done, about something that happened in 2011 besides wait for news from the trial?

Who cares? Because foo or others aren't rending their clothing, or beating the pl drum, or wearing a hair coat daily means nobody cares?

You don't seem to much care about the illegal drug he was dealing & how many died from that, or whatever else he was illegally doing.

Foo certainly never implied that nobody cares, and it seems as if she staunchly stands up for you often - while you seem to be implying she's wrong in what she's said.

So again I ask, what is it you want from people??
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

#291485 Apr 1, 2013
worships reality wrote:
<quoted text>
no, foo was wrong. fetus at 20 weeks is approximately 26cm long or a little over 10 inches.
http://www.babycentre.co.uk/20-weeks-pregnant
So true. foo's point was that my stillborn grandson was just a 6 inch fetus. You can hold an eleven inch baby in your arms and we did.
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

#291486 Apr 1, 2013
worships reality wrote:
<quoted text>
Bravo.
Bit-O-Honey

Mooresville, NC

#291487 Apr 1, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>

A child's sized shoebox would have sufficed.

They don't make caskets for 10 inch fetus's.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 10 min woodtick57 1,100,250
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 43 min Anon 226,368
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 11 hr Bruin Nation 27,084
I got my loan from stephenloanhelp@hotmail.com (May '13) Aug 26 RICK SERVICE 29
offer Aug 23 Peter 1
Addition of Emmitt Holt is "Big" for Indiana Aug 23 Mike Williams 1
Ex-Hoosier Zeller embraces NBA learning Aug 23 Mike Williams 1
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

NCAA Basketball People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••