Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday 309,245
Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision. Read more

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#291513 Apr 1, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I posted enough scripture to keep you looking things up for a week.
http://www.accordingtothescriptures.org/proph...
And Foo wrote up her arguments in detail and then added the supporting scriptures and showed why they supported her stance. It filled 2 whole posts and I read it all. You post a link..and tell me there's enough to keep me "looking things up for a week", but me looking things up for a week is not you supporting your own stance. I could very easily look all that up and come to the same answers as Foo.

Foo did the work to support her position. You did pretty much nothing. Big difference.
Katie

Spanaway, WA

#291514 Apr 1, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't believe I ever corrected foo. It was other people who corrected you. I didn't even respond to her post other than to call her a cockroach for her insensitivity. You all can say he was 6 in 2 in or 1 in, I don't care. I was there and I know how big he was, not that it matters.
"You are such an idiot. A 20 week baby is about 10 or 11 inches and is someone son. He was named because he was someone son.

Your facts are just that, your facts. Mother's know better."

http://www.topix.com/forum/news/abortion/T833...

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#291515 Apr 1, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
No courage to comment on her post, I see.
She is not the one complaining about being insulted while she's insulting people. What about that don't you get? You complained about her behavior and then you went and did the same thing.
Katie

Spanaway, WA

#291516 Apr 1, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I was wrong I did correct her about my grandson. Her post said nothing about measuring only part of the body and I was looking at the whole child. If there is some reason to measure only part of the child after birth, maybe you can tell me what that is.
Well maybe it wasn't about that at all, Ink. A quick glance at a website stating a 20wk fetus is 6.5 inches long was probably all it took. At least you can admit you were wrong. I was beginning to believe you were insufferable.

You guys have a habit of reading too much into inconsequential things and not enough when it's pertinent. It's as if you entire thought process is backward. Luckily you live in a free country where it doesn't necessarily affect anyone but you.

Try to be thankful nobody's tried to criminalize it.
:-|

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#291517 Apr 1, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
This explains it for you
http://www.scripturecatholic.com/messianic_pr... .
You can cross refrence these claims to the bible scripture is the other link. I'm sure you are not really that interested.
You're right...I'm not interested in doing all the work for you. If you can't take the time to actually support your own stance then why should I muddle through all that to try and do it for you? Foo put the time and effort in to support her stance and she did a very good job of it.

Since: Feb 07

Location hidden

#291518 Apr 1, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Well maybe it wasn't about that at all, Ink. A quick glance at a website stating a 20wk fetus is 6.5 inches long was probably all it took. At least you can admit you were wrong. I was beginning to believe you were insufferable.
You guys have a habit of reading too much into inconsequential things and not enough when it's pertinent. It's as if you entire thought process is backward. Luckily you live in a free country where it doesn't necessarily affect anyone but you.
"You guys have a habit of reading too much into inconsequential things and not enough when it's pertinent."

Like all the human lives that have been killed in the name of "choice", or the way pro"choicers" ignored Gosnell's "clinic"?

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#291519 Apr 1, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you think He had such a massive followings which of course continues today into the billions?
Ask P.T. Barnum.
Bit-O-Honey

Mooresville, NC

#291520 Apr 1, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
You guys are the foolish ones trying to diminish the value of my grandson and our loss by telling me I was holding a six inch fetus
Don't know about 6inches, but you WERE supposedly holding a dead fetus.
You are not fond of facts I see.
Bit-O-Honey

Mooresville, NC

#291521 Apr 1, 2013
Susanm wrote:
<quoted text>
"You guys have a habit of reading too much into inconsequential things and not enough when it's pertinent."
Like all the human lives that have been killed in the name of "choice", or the way pro"choicers" ignored Gosnell's "clinic"?
Pro-lifers ignored it too dear.

Women choosing to have safe legal abortions is NOT pertinent to you, if its not your pregnancy.

Btw- why did YOU allow Gosnel to murder all those babies anyway?
Bit-O-Honey

Mooresville, NC

#291522 Apr 1, 2013
BTW sue - why are you ignoring my earlier post to you?

Or is it not progressive discussion you want, but scapegoats?

Location hidden

#291523 Apr 1, 2013
Bit-O-Honey wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't know about 6inches, but you WERE supposedly holding a dead fetus.
You are not fond of facts I see.
Reguardless of the stage of developement and the fact that he died, Ink was holding her grandson.

grand·son
[gran-suhn, grand-] Show IPA

noun
a son of one's son or daughter.

Definition of SON

a: a human male offspring especially of human beings

b: a male adopted child

c: a human male descendant
Bit-O-Honey

Mooresville, NC

#291524 Apr 1, 2013
Susanm wrote:
<quoted text>
Reguardless of the stage of developement and the fact that he died, Ink was holding her grandson.
LOL whatever.

It's interesting you are afraid to respond to the substansive post actually directed to you, but you'll pick right up on the bullshit.

Guess you're not as different as foo would like us to believe.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#291525 Apr 1, 2013
You mean jesus? Probably the same reasons poseidon still has worshipers today--people want to believe in something regardless of whether or not there's any actual proof. Look at $cientologists and the crap they believe--a religion created out of whiole cloth in modern times.
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you think He had such a massive followings which of course continues today into the billions?
worships reality

AOL

#291526 Apr 1, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
I did not deny that foolish woman. You said Foo was wrong when she was not.
she was wrong.
A 20wk fetus measured crown to rump is about 6 inches, which is what she said and you argued against.
"a 20 wk fetus measured crown to rump is about 6" is NOT what foo said. what foo said is this ( post no. 291241 ):

"No, it really wasn't a "human being". It was a dead fetus that you named in memory of the human being he MIGHT have become. You aren't holding a 20 week fetus 'in your arms' either, its 6 inches long."

foo knew she was wrong and wisely kept her mouth shut after that. you are the only fool arguing.
That's it.
Why do you fight over stupid sh*t when there's no point? Why don't you listen and learn?
Jeez! You act all holier than thou in your self-righteous ignorance while looking the fool. Go on, be the fool, then. You aren't gonna listen anyway.
fool.
worships reality

AOL

#291527 Apr 1, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
a quick glance at any website will tell you a 20 week old fetus measured crown to heel is bewtween 10 and 11 inches long.

that' all it takes. fool.
worships reality

AOL

#291528 Apr 1, 2013
Bit-O-Honey wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL whatever.
It's interesting you are afraid to respond to the substansive post actually directed to you, but you'll pick right up on the bullshit.
Guess you're not as different as foo would like us to believe.
you are the moron that said the medical examiner issued a cause of death statement in the brooklyn accident case without examining the fetus/child.

stupe-a-honey

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

#291529 Apr 1, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
And your point is? It seems they [NAF] is even more culpable.
From the grand jury.
“Based on her observations, the evaluator [from NAF] determined that there were far too many deficiencies at the clinic and in how it operated to even consider admitting Gosnell to NAF membership. On January, 2010, she wrote to Gosnell informing him of NAF’s decision and outlining the areas in which his clinic was not in compliance. The evaluator told the Grand Jury that this was the first time in her experience that NAF had outright rejected a provider for membership. Usually, if a clinic is able to fix deficiencies and come into compliance with the standards, NAF will admit them. Gosnell’s clinic, however, was deemed beyond redemption.”
Check out the very next paragraph from the Grand Jury report:
“We understand that NAF’s goal is to assist clinics to comply with its standards, not to sanction them for deficiencies. Nevertheless, we have to question why an evaluator from NAF, whose stated mission is to ensure safe, legal, and acceptable abortion care, and to promote health and justice for women, did not report Gosnell to authorities.…”
Well of course you would think the NAF "more culpable" than the State Health Dept. It isn't the role of the NAF to do routine inspections on abortion facilities. Gosnell applied for membership, he was inspected, he didn't meet the standards. It's the States responsibility period. The Health Dept dropped the ball years before the NAF ever stepped foot in that clinic.

"The Commonwealth's focus has been on denying access, not protecting the health and safety of women who need this medical care. If the charges against Gosnell prove true, Gosnell was an outlaw who repeatedly violated numerous laws and should have been shut down YEARS AGO, but the state did not hold him accountable to its own laws and policies".

"Reputable, careful providers of high quality abortion care are under attack. As a result of an orchestrated campaign of harassment, intimidation and violence against individual doctors and freestanding women's clinics by domestic terrorist organizations like the Army of God and Operation Rescue, the number of abortion providers in the United States declined 38 percent between 1982 and 2005. In Pennsylvania, there is not a single freestanding abortion provider in the hundreds of miles between Pittsburgh and Harrisburg".

Now go protest another PP.

Location hidden

#291531 Apr 1, 2013
AyakaNeo wrote:
<quoted text>Well of course you would think the NAF "more culpable" than the State Health Dept. It isn't the role of the NAF to do routine inspections on abortion facilities. Gosnell applied for membership, he was inspected, he didn't meet the standards. It's the States responsibility period. The Health Dept dropped the ball years before the NAF ever stepped foot in that clinic.
"The Commonwealth's focus has been on denying access, not protecting the health and safety of women who need this medical care. If the charges against Gosnell prove true, Gosnell was an outlaw who repeatedly violated numerous laws and should have been shut down YEARS AGO, but the state did not hold him accountable to its own laws and policies".
"Reputable, careful providers of high quality abortion care are under attack. As a result of an orchestrated campaign of harassment, intimidation and violence against individual doctors and freestanding women's clinics by domestic terrorist organizations like the Army of God and Operation Rescue, the number of abortion providers in the United States declined 38 percent between 1982 and 2005. In Pennsylvania, there is not a single freestanding abortion provider in the hundreds of miles between Pittsburgh and Harrisburg".
Now go protest another PP.
"It's the States responsibility period. The Health Dept dropped the ball years before the NAF ever stepped foot in that clinic."

Why didn't the Dep of Health conduct inspections?

"But at least the department had been doing something up to that point, however
ineffectual. After 1993, even that pro forma effort came to an end. Not because of
administrative ennui, although there had been plenty. Instead, the Pennsylvania
Department of Health abruptly decided, for political reasons, to stop inspecting abortion
clinics at all. The politics in question were not anti-abortion, but pro. With the change of
administration from Governor Casey to Governor Ridge, officials concluded that
inspections would be “putting a barrier up to women” seeking abortions. Better to leave
clinics to do as they pleased, even though, as Gosnell proved, that meant both women and babies would pay."

http://www.phila.gov/districtattorney/PDFs/Gr...

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#291532 Apr 1, 2013
When Mom died, we forgot to measure her--I didn't realize it was relevant. In turn when HER child died, she didn't measure her, either. Nor did she hold her. People have odd priorities.
worships reality wrote:
<quoted text>
a quick glance at any website will tell you a 20 week old fetus measured crown to heel is bewtween 10 and 11 inches long.
that' all it takes. fool.

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

#291533 Apr 1, 2013
Susanm wrote:
<quoted text>
True, they didn't let him into their little fraternity, but they also didn't report the dangerous and filthy conditions that they found, did they?
Because there were no filthy conditions. Do you honestly think that an abortion provider is going to allow an inspector into a clinic where there are jars of baby feet, bloody sheets, cats running around and the smell of urine?

The NAF evaluator did not witness filthy conditions. The NAF evaluators are not responsible for routine inspections. They inspect upon application from the provider. The NAF is neither federally funded or state funded. It is not the responsibility of the NAF to report to legislators of their findings. Perhaps it would be if the state had funded abortion care for low income women. But no no, nobody wants their tax dollars providing safe abortion care to poorer women. It was the states responsibility to routinely inspect Gosnells clinic.

I'm thankful that this has come out in the open because according to the Grand Jury report the Dept of Health, Dept of State, and the Dept of Public Health and other Doctors who treated some of his patients for complications are the ones "more culpable" than the NAF.

" WHO COULD HAVE PREVENTED ALL THIS DEATH AND DAMAGE?
Had state and local officials performed their duties properly, Gosnell’s clinic
would have been shut down decades ago. Gosnell would have lost the medical license
that he used to inflict irreparable harm on women; to illegally abort viable, late-term
fetuses; and to kill innumerable babies outside the womb.
Had DOH treated the clinic as the ambulatory surgical facility it was, DOH
inspectors would have assured that the staff were all licensed, that the facility was clean
and sanitary, that anesthesia protocols were followed, and that the building was properly
equipped and could, at least, accommodate stretchers. Failure to comply with these standards would have given cause for DOH to revoke the facility’s license to operate.
If inspectors had looked solely for violations of Pennsylvania’s abortion regulations, there would have been ample grounds to revoke the approval of Gosnell’s clinic as an abortion provider – as was demonstrated when DOH inspectors finally entered the facility in February 2010".

Morally culpable yes, but criminally no, the NAF is not responsible.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 5 min fyi 1,206,687
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 19 min country boy observer 4,960
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 58 min Bruin For Life 29,272
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 1 hr polymath257 236,821
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Sat Nine Ball 201,794
How to recover lost data from iPhone/iPad/iPod- (Jan '14) Thu kareeo 14
The night Adolph Rupp met Johnny Green Mar 18 alexreese447 1
More from around the web