Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Comments (Page 13,691)

Showing posts 273,801 - 273,820 of304,920
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Feb 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

Judged:

LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
As right as you are about this Sue, and you ARE right - making abortion illegal again will certainly create MORE Gosnell's as not only the poor, the uneducated, the illegal aliens, the desperate seek out abortions illegally, but other women do as well.
While we only know of a very few Gosnell's today, because it IS safe, legal and accessable, I personally fear we'd be creating an atmosphere where these guys will flourish.
Again, education is the key, not making more laws.
"While we only know of a very few Gosnell's today,"

I think that the important word here is "know", how many don't we know about?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

Judged:

Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you think quacks like this would multiply without any legal regulations in place? I sure do. And that's no good for anyone.
It seems you want to blame legal abortion for these quacks when you say, "It appears that making abortion legal hasn't stopped the back-alley butchers, it just allows them to operate in the main stream." I just don't see it that way.
Look, I am not arguing or debating what you're saying. I disagree with your perspective that legal abortion is at fault for crappy clinics such as Gosnell's and the other two you mentioned. Those incidences are not the norm when abortion is legal and monitored.
However, the attacks on legal, monitored abortion don't help the situation, either. The one gal quoted earlier, the protesters at PP scared her off. The undue restrictions and waiting periods are scaring people off. But it's not preventing them from obtaining abortions.
Does PA want to join in the race to see which state will be first to get an abortion case into the Supreme Court to challenge Roe?
"Those incidences are not the norm when abortion is legal and monitored."

The problem is that they aren't monitored.

"Does PA want to join in the race to see which state will be first to get an abortion case into the Supreme Court to challenge Roe?"

The pro"choice" govenor and The National Abortion Federation didn't want him to get caught and/or shut down.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

Judged:

LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly. That's what I've been saying as well. Where were all the right to life groups? To heck with "all", where were ANY of them in the 17 years he was doing abortions?
Oh yeah, not a white enough neighborhood.
Like I said, there's enough blame to go around.
"Oh yeah, not a white enough neighborhood."

Maybe this was the reason that the pro"choicers" didn't shut his doors?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

cpeter1313 wrote:
Religion's supposed to be safe but thousands of raped children would disagree. Shall we outlaw religion, or just jail the actual lawbreakers?
<quoted text>
Maybe we should.
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

Susanm wrote:
<quoted text>
I was just going to mention her preposterous attempt to blame the lack of pro life protesters. What a joke.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

Judged:

The Prince wrote:
<quoted text>
I pray for forgiveness of my sins and yousr as well.
Ya might want to stop sinning by bearing false witness all the time, BEFORE you start praying for forgivness there Tommy.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

Judged:

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe your version doesn't but I found several sites that say they do.
religionfacts.com
No, you found several sites that say the exact same thing, and you left out what Gehenna is, and you cherry picked the part that suits you like you always do.

http://judaism.about.com/od/judaismbasics/a/G...

When the ancient rabbis talk about Gehenna, the question they are trying to answer is "How will bad people be dealt with in the afterlife?" Accordingly, they saw Gehenna as a place of punishment for those who lead an immoral life. However, the time a person's soul could spend in Gehenna was limited to twelve months and the rabbis maintained that even at the very Gates of Gehenna a person could repent and avoid punishment (Erubin 19a). After being punished in Gehenna a soul was considered pure enough to enter Gan Eden (see below). You can learn more about Gehenna in: "What Is Gehenna?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

Judged:

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay Jesus didn't fit the criteria. So do you think anyone ever will? I'm waiting.
So you are disavowing your g-d. Good to know.

I've already answered your question. The short answer is yes.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

Judged:

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Listen, you are the one who said Christ didn't exist. On that premise there is nothing to discuss.
Thousands of theologians and people that discuss religious views daily say you're wrong.

Why are you afraid to simply admit you dont know shit about your own faith, so that you can't discuss the topic?
I and 2 billion other Christians don't have to prove anything to you.
Those that want to witness certainly do.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

Judged:

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I posted enough scripture to keep you looking things up for a week.
http://www.accordingtothescriptures.org/proph...
As I pointed out yesterday, most of those are not prophicies Inkstain. THey're nothing more than partial sentences taken out of context and bastardized to twist your view.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

Judged:

Susanm wrote:
<quoted text>
Because pro-life groups couldn't be bothered with him either? No, I doubt it.

You're very determined to place blame on ONE group, when the FACT is there's more than enough blame to go around Sue.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

Judged:

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I was just going to mention her preposterous attempt to blame the lack of pro life protesters. What a joke.
What's so funny about it?

I'm not "blaming" ANY one group. What part of 'there is plenty enough blame to go around' do you not grasp?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

"RICHMOND, VA (WWBT)-
For the first time ever the state is involved in inspecting abortion clinics before issuing a license for them to operate."

Posted: Sep 12, 2012 10:27 PM EDT Updated: Sep 17, 2012 11:18 PM EDT

For the first time ever??????

http://www.nbc12.com/story/19530189/virginia-...

"An increased scrutiny of Illinois abortion clinics in the wake of revelations about a "house of horrors" in Philadelphia revealed that some facilities had gone up to 15 years without inspections, and two now have closed after regulators found health and safety violations."

"While Illinois is working on the backlog of neglected inspections, the documents reviewed by the AP show that a few abortion clinics in the state still haven't been checked in more than a decade. One in Chicago hasn't been inspected in 16 years. Another in the suburb of Wood Dale was last inspected nearly 15 years ago."

http://www.dailyherald.com/article/20120121/n...

It looks like PA wasn't the only state that allowed abortion "clinics" to operate unchecked.
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

Judged:

LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
No, you found several sites that say the exact same thing, and you left out what Gehenna is, and you cherry picked the part that suits you like you always do.
http://judaism.about.com/od/judaismbasics/a/G...
When the ancient rabbis talk about Gehenna, the question they are trying to answer is "How will bad people be dealt with in the afterlife?" Accordingly, they saw Gehenna as a place of punishment for those who lead an immoral life. However, the time a person's soul could spend in Gehenna was limited to twelve months and the rabbis maintained that even at the very Gates of Gehenna a person could repent and avoid punishment (Erubin 19a). After being punished in Gehenna a soul was considered pure enough to enter Gan Eden (see below). You can learn more about Gehenna in: "What Is Gehenna?
I didn't leave it out I posted the link to the whole site.

Here's another which said some souls stay in "hell" [my word]

Judaism’s view of hell more closely resembles purgatory. However, the pain the soul experiences is not physical. It has been compared to psychological anguish, shame and healing upon reviewing the history of one’s life in a body, and how it wasted opportunities to serve God. This may explain why people who have near death experience often claim their entire life flashed in front of them.

This self-inflicted chastisement cleanses and refines the soul of blemishes that interfered with the soul’s perception of God. The concept of refinement is found in the prophets,“I (God) will refine them as silver is refined”(Zechariah 13:9).

Everyone can merit a portion in the World to Come. However, the completely evil (like Hitler) cannot merit this. As it says,“multitudes who sleep in the dust of the earth will awake: some to everlasting life, others to shame and everlasting contempt”(Daniel 12:2).

It doesn't matter if you abide by it or not but the concept for Jews is out there.
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
As I pointed out yesterday, most of those are not prophicies Inkstain. THey're nothing more than partial sentences taken out of context and bastardized to twist your view.
I know how you feel, what is the point of continuing? I would be more interested in the Messiah that you are waiting for to fullfill the prophecies.
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

Judged:

LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Thousands of theologians and people that discuss religious views daily say you're wrong.
Why are you afraid to simply admit you dont know shit about your own faith, so that you can't discuss the topic?
<quoted text>
Those that want to witness certainly do.
I disagree with you completely. I have no interest in trying to convince you of anything. Even Jesus couldn't. I have heard your arguments a million times. You consider everything in the NT a lie so where can we go? Here's an example of how the discussion with you would go.

I says Jesus did this You say no he didn't
I say Jesus was this You says no he wasn't
I say Jesus said this You say no he didn't and so on and so on.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

Judged:

LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Because pro-life groups couldn't be bothered with him either? No, I doubt it.
You're very determined to place blame on ONE group, when the FACT is there's more than enough blame to go around Sue.
I have never said that there wasn't plenty of blame to go around, there absolutely is. But tell me something, why don't you read anything about this from the NAF? The NAF has plenty to say about abortion protets. Why aren't they speaking out against Gosnell? Why aren't the liberal news stations covering it? There is plenty of news coverage about protest outside of abortion "clinics". It appears that anything negative about abortion is just swept under the rug.

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

Susanm wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's not forget The National Abortion Federation.
Gosnells clinic in Philadelphia was not a member of the NAF.
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

Judged:

AyakaNeo wrote:
<quoted text>Gosnells clinic in Philadelphia was not a member of the NAF.
And your point is? It seems they [NAF] is even more culpable.

From the grand jury.

“Based on her observations, the evaluator [from NAF] determined that there were far too many deficiencies at the clinic and in how it operated to even consider admitting Gosnell to NAF membership. On January, 2010, she wrote to Gosnell informing him of NAF’s decision and outlining the areas in which his clinic was not in compliance. The evaluator told the Grand Jury that this was the first time in her experience that NAF had outright rejected a provider for membership. Usually, if a clinic is able to fix deficiencies and come into compliance with the standards, NAF will admit them. Gosnell’s clinic, however, was deemed beyond redemption.”

Check out the very next paragraph from the Grand Jury report:

“We understand that NAF’s goal is to assist clinics to comply with its standards, not to sanction them for deficiencies. Nevertheless, we have to question why an evaluator from NAF, whose stated mission is to ensure safe, legal, and acceptable abortion care, and to promote health and justice for women, did not report Gosnell to authorities.…”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

Judged:

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't leave it out I posted the link to the whole site.
Here's another which said some souls stay in "hell" [my word]

Judaism’s view of hell more closely resembles purgatory.****
Nice of you to admit its YOUR word.

Its funny as hell that you're trying to attribute "YOUR WORD" to the Jewish view and act as if your claims have any validity.

ESPECIALLY when the first sentence of your link refutes your own claims.
It doesn't matter if you abide by it or not but the concept for Jews is out there.
No Inkstain, YOUR concept of hell is NOT "out there" for those of the Jewish faith. YOUR concept of hell is a christian creation, and one we dont believe in.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 273,801 - 273,820 of304,920
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

5 Users are viewing the NCAA Basketball Forum right now

Search the NCAA Basketball Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min woodtick57 1,072,481
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 19 min CunningLinguist 223,194
Draft pick breakdown: PJ Hairston 13 hr a onlooker 1
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 14 hr PEE PEE PETE 26,612
How to recover lost data from iPhone/iPad/iPod- (Jan '14) Thu Sophia 7
Do you need a loan of any kind?we will be very ... (Aug '13) Jul 7 mutedo 2
Best Logo in the America East Jul 3 Mike Sivo 1
•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••