Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday 306,995
Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision. Full Story
feces for jesus

Westbury, NY

#291446 Apr 1, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
So you can say whatever you want and not have to back it up, okay.
That's pretty much what you do anyway.
Happy Easter, Jesus' resurrection day.
When you use the word Easter, you Acknowledge the goddess Ostara. I didn't know you honor the "pagan" Gods.
Katie

Spanaway, WA

#291447 Apr 1, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
You are right, it is a waste of time expounding on common knowledge.
Then you admit Foo was correct in stating a 20wk fetus is measured to be about 6 inches long even though you told her she was wrong? Because that's what I verified. Common knowledge both you and Foo were correct in your claims even though you seem too bitter to acknowledge it.

So tell me, do you think the dead fetus you held was similar in size to a newborn puppy? That was my thought when I lost my pregnancy at 23 weeks. Or would that be "uncommon knowledge" in your opinion?

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#291448 Apr 1, 2013
Susanm wrote:
<quoted text>
I have never said that there wasn't plenty of blame to go around, there absolutely is. But tell me something, why don't you read anything about this from the NAF?
Why would we hear ANYTHING from the NAF? Its not like this is a public organization that puts out regular press releases, good, bad or otherwise. Its not an organization that one can subscribe to, to recieve 'news and updates'. NAF is a private organization that unless one belongs to it, we WONT hear from them.

Since he wasn't a member of the NAF, there's no reason why they'd make public statements about a clinic they werent part of.
The NAF has plenty to say about abortion protets.
Really? I've never seen them say anything at all about abortion protests. Of course, as I've said, I didn't know anything ABOUT the NAF before you brought it to my attention back when Gosnell was first arrested. The average person has never heard of this group - and for good reason, its a trade organization, and one RARELY hears about trade organizations unless they're PART of that organization.

I think the BETTER question is:

In a state that has some of the most restrictive laws against abortion, who has less than 25 abortion clinics, WHY DIDN'T THE HEALTH DEPARTMENT MONITOR THEM ALL on a regular basis?

Why aren't they speaking out against Gosnell?
Initally they did. Why would they STILL be speaking out about someone that's been closed down and is in jail on murder charges? What more do you want them to say?

They made a public statement at the time.

http://www.prochoice.org/news/releases/201101...
Why aren't the liberal news stations covering it?
Do a google search, they are covering it - particularly locally.

People that are interested can keep track of what's going on in the case. There was mention of the case the other night on World News Tonight, as well as on Meet The Press and NPR.

http://www.npr.org/2013/03/28/175459510/penns...

In fact, in the above report, there's discussion about why the health department failed so spectacularly in the Gosnell case, as well as a discussion from State Rep Margo Davidson who had one of her relatives die after Gosnell murdered her.

Even she doesn't give a shit about the NAF who has no real power, but is MUCH more concerned about why her own state's HEALTH DEPARTMENT failed her cousin.

It IS being reported on Sue. Just not every day. There's more news going on in the world than just this murderer.

There is plenty of news coverage about protest outside of abortion "clinics".
Really? I guess that depends on where you live. I can't remember the last time I saw any coverage of protests at a clinc either in Baltimore or here in New York.
It appears that anything negative about abortion is just swept under the rug.
No, it appears to me that its simply an old news story, that's being updated as events warrant it.

Location hidden

#291449 Apr 1, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I was responding to the poster's point that Gosnell wasn't a member of NAF. It seems they were on the forefront of being aware of Gosnell's deficiencies and could have easily reported him if they were so inclined.
It seems to me that it wasn't as much their job, as it would have been the stat's Health Department, who was a MUCH more spectacular failure.

Location hidden

#291450 Apr 1, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you consider anything in the New Testament as true?
Why am I not shocked that you're trying to distract from your own lack of knowledge again.

Your claims about prophesy aren't based in the NT, they're based in the Tanakh - the Jewish bible, which is where they're refuted.
feces for jesus

Westbury, NY

#291451 Apr 1, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe your version doesn't but I found several sites that say do.....
It is unfortunate that your religion has distorted the meaning of the word much. Please stop trying redefine Hebrew, Greek and Norse beliefs.

Gehenna is not your christian lie of hell
Sheol is not your christian lie of hell
Hades is not your christian lie of hell
Tartarus is not your christian lie of hell
Katie

Spanaway, WA

#291452 Apr 1, 2013
Susanm wrote:
<quoted text>
"Those incidences are not the norm when abortion is legal and monitored."
The problem is that they aren't monitored.
"Does PA want to join in the race to see which state will be first to get an abortion case into the Supreme Court to challenge Roe?"
The pro"choice" govenor and The National Abortion Federation didn't want him to get caught and/or shut down.
I disagree, Sue. And I wonder if you're too close to the whole thing to even try to be objective about it. To look at the whole thing with fresh eyes. More clinics are monitored than not across the country -- including what you linked from Chicago. But if you have your way and abortion is criminalized, you will see quacks like Gosnell operating illegally more often than not.

What IS your objective regarding abortion? Do you want women just to wake up one day and NEVER reject an unwanted pregnancy? That's not realistic. Do you want women to have safe, legal abortion available when they decide on it? Or do you want them stuck in a dirty environment to punish them for even choosing abortion?

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#291453 Apr 1, 2013
In the 60's, archaeologists uncovered carvings specifically mentioning him--but still nothing about jesus. Also, nobody created a cult around him, so there's no reason to make him up.
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Nice assumption on your part. How do you know he even existed, nevermind where he was?

Location hidden

#291454 Apr 1, 2013
feces for jesus wrote:
<quoted text>
It is unfortunate that your religion has distorted the meaning of the word much. Please stop trying redefine Hebrew, Greek and Norse beliefs.
Gehenna is not your christian lie of hell
Sheol is not your christian lie of hell
Hades is not your christian lie of hell
Tartarus is not your christian lie of hell
Inkstain thinks her's is the ONLY valid way, when in fact, its only HER valid way.
worships reality

New York, NY

#291455 Apr 1, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Then you admit Foo was correct in stating a 20wk fetus is measured to be about 6 inches long even though you told her she was wrong? Because that's what I verified. Common knowledge both you and Foo were correct in your claims even though you seem too bitter to acknowledge it.
So tell me, do you think the dead fetus you held was similar in size to a newborn puppy? That was my thought when I lost my pregnancy at 23 weeks. Or would that be "uncommon knowledge" in your opinion?
no, foo was wrong. fetus at 20 weeks is approximately 26cm long or a little over 10 inches.

http://www.babycentre.co.uk/20-weeks-pregnant
Katie

Spanaway, WA

#291456 Apr 1, 2013
worships reality wrote:
<quoted text>
no, foo was wrong. fetus at 20 weeks is approximately 26cm long or a little over 10 inches.
http://www.babycentre.co.uk/20-weeks-pregnant
measured crown to rump, foo is absolutely correct. and that's what the link verifies. you guys have a bad habit of refusing to see the big picture.
worships reality

New York, NY

#291457 Apr 1, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
measured crown to rump, foo is absolutely correct. and that's what the link verifies. you guys have a bad habit of refusing to see the big picture.
crown to rump is not the actual fetal measurement. it's only measured that way because the legs are tucked. it does not represent the actual total fetal measurement. the actual size is a little over 10 inches.
foo is absolutely wrong.
who is refusing to see the big picture?
grumpy

Pomona, NY

#291458 Apr 1, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe your version doesn't but I found several sites that say they do.
religionfacts.com
Traditional Judaism includes belief in both heaven and hell, as we will see below. How is one's destination decided? The School of Shammai offered this description:
There will be three groups on the Day of Judgment: one of thoroughly righteous people, one of thoroughly wicked people and one of people in between. The first group will be immediately inscribed for everlasting life; the second group will be doomed in Gehinnom [Hell], as it says, "And many of them that sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake, some to everlasting life and some to reproaches and everlasting abhorrence" [Daniel 12:2], the third will go down to Gehinnom and squeal and rise again, as it says, "And I will bring the third part through the fire, and will refine them as silver is refined, and will try them as gold is tried. They shall call on My name and I will answer them" [Zechariah 13:9]...[Babylonian Talmud, tractate Rosh Hashanah 16b-17a]
The school of Hillel suggested a more merciful view, in which the middle group are sent directly to Gan Eden (Heaven) instead of Gehinnom after death. Rabbi Hanina added that all who go down to Gehinnom will go up again, except adulterers, those who put their fellows to shame in public, and those who call their fellows by an obnoxious name [Babylonian Talmud, tractate Baba Metzia 58b].
The Talmud teaches that all Israel will have a share in Olam Ha-Ba, but makes some notable exceptions:
All Israelites have a share in the world-to-come...[However], these are they that have no share in the world-to-come: one who says there is no resurrection of the dead prescribed in the Torah, and that the Torah is not from Heaven, and an Epicurean.(Sanhedrin 10:1)
General Jewish belief is that one need not be Jewish to enjoy Heaven. "Moses Maimonides, echoing the Tosefta to Sanhedrin, maintained that the pious of all the nations of the world have a portion in the world-to-come [Mishneh Torah, Repentance 3:5]."
Notice that bad acts towards humans are not foregiven.
"Gehinnom will go up again, except adulterers, those who put their fellows to shame in public, and those who call their fellows by an obnoxious name [Babylonian Talmud, tractate Baba Metzia 58b"
Katie

Spanaway, WA

#291459 Apr 1, 2013
worships reality wrote:
<quoted text>
crown to rump is not the actual fetal measurement. it's only measured that way because the legs are tucked. it does not represent the actual total fetal measurement. the actual size is a little over 10 inches.
foo is absolutely wrong.
who is refusing to see the big picture?
Since you missed this when it was supplied to Ink, I'll supply it again for you.

"Note: Babies are measured from the crown (or top) of the head to the rump (or bottom) until about 20 weeks. After that, they are measured from head to heel. This is because a baby's legs are curled up against the torso during the first half of pregnancy and very hard to measure.

Weight: 10.6 ounces - 300 grams
Length:
(crown to rump) 6.5 inches - 16.5 cm
(crown to heel) 10 inches - 25.5 cm."
http://www.baby2see.com/development/week20.ht...

Being a hard-head doesn't work so well after your 20s. Get with it, man.
Katie

Spanaway, WA

#291460 Apr 1, 2013
WR, if you need it spelled out further, when Foo claimed a 20wk fetus was about 6in she was not wrong or mistaken. She gave the crown to rump measurement.

If you'd quit fighting and start paying attention, there could be productive discussion here.

Or do you *want* it contentious?

Since: Feb 07

Location hidden

#291463 Apr 1, 2013
AyakaNeo wrote:
<quoted text>Gosnells clinic in Philadelphia was not a member of the NAF.
True, they didn't let him into their little fraternity, but they also didn't report the dangerous and filthy conditions that they found, did they?

Location hidden

#291464 Apr 1, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes Inkstain, we get all this. NOBODY has said the NAF isn't culpable.
However, NAF isn't a government agency. Why didnt PA's OWN HEALTH DEPARTMENT report them and shut them down in 17 years?
Where were the PL protesting groups who could have been seeing the terrible conditions and harrassing ... oh of course I meant speaking to the women and realising how bad the conditions were and reporting them?
Seems your PL groups are only good at lying when "investgating" clinics huh?
"Why didnt PA's OWN HEALTH DEPARTMENT report them and shut them down in 17 years?"

Because our pro"choice" govenor said that inspecting abortion "clinics" would be putting a barrior up for women who wanted abortions.

"When pro-choice Republican Tom Ridge took over for Casey, the report says,

...[t]he Pennsylvania Department of Health abruptly decided, for political reasons, to stop inspecting abortion clinics at all. The politics in question were not anti-abortion, but pro. With the change of administration from Governor Casey to Governor Ridge, officials concluded that inspections would be "putting a barrier up to women" seeking abortions. Even nail salons in Pennsylvania are monitored more closely for client safety. Without regular inspections, providers like Gosnell continue to operate; unlawful and dangerous third-trimester abortions go undetected; and many women, especially poor women, suffer."

http://www.phila.gov/districtattorney/PDFs/Gr...

Location hidden

#291465 Apr 1, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Seems that the health departments in a few states need to step up to the plate.
I wonder if the Nationa Abortion Federation inspected any of them.
A Follower

United States

#291466 Apr 1, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Nice assumption on your part. How do you know he even existed, nevermind where he was?
Christianity is a beutifulo ancient religion but unfortunately too many christians make us all look like fools with lack of knowledge. LEARN ABOUT CHRISTIANITY BEFORE YOU TRY TO DISCUSS IT!!! People like you make us all look stupid!!!!

Location hidden

#291467 Apr 1, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Why would we hear ANYTHING from the NAF? Its not like this is a public organization that puts out regular press releases, good, bad or otherwise. Its not an organization that one can subscribe to, to recieve 'news and updates'. NAF is a private organization that unless one belongs to it, we WONT hear from them.
Since he wasn't a member of the NAF, there's no reason why they'd make public statements about a clinic they werent part of.
<quoted text>
Really? I've never seen them say anything at all about abortion protests. Of course, as I've said, I didn't know anything ABOUT the NAF before you brought it to my attention back when Gosnell was first arrested. The average person has never heard of this group - and for good reason, its a trade organization, and one RARELY hears about trade organizations unless they're PART of that organization.
I think the BETTER question is:
In a state that has some of the most restrictive laws against abortion, who has less than 25 abortion clinics, WHY DIDN'T THE HEALTH DEPARTMENT MONITOR THEM ALL on a regular basis?
<quoted text>
Initally they did. Why would they STILL be speaking out about someone that's been closed down and is in jail on murder charges? What more do you want them to say?
They made a public statement at the time.
http://www.prochoice.org/news/releases/201101...
<quoted text>
Do a google search, they are covering it - particularly locally.
People that are interested can keep track of what's going on in the case. There was mention of the case the other night on World News Tonight, as well as on Meet The Press and NPR.
http://www.npr.org/2013/03/28/175459510/penns...
In fact, in the above report, there's discussion about why the health department failed so spectacularly in the Gosnell case, as well as a discussion from State Rep Margo Davidson who had one of her relatives die after Gosnell murdered her.
Even she doesn't give a shit about the NAF who has no real power, but is MUCH more concerned about why her own state's HEALTH DEPARTMENT failed her cousin.
It IS being reported on Sue. Just not every day. There's more news going on in the world than just this murderer.
<quoted text>
Really? I guess that depends on where you live. I can't remember the last time I saw any coverage of protests at a clinc either in Baltimore or here in New York.
<quoted text>
No, it appears to me that its simply an old news story, that's being updated as events warrant it.
"Why would we hear ANYTHING from the NAF? Its not like this is a public organization that puts out regular press releases, good, bad or otherwise. Its not an organization that one can subscribe to, to recieve 'news and updates'. NAF is a private organization that unless one belongs to it, we WONT hear from them."
"Really? I've never seen them say anything at all about abortion protests."

Check out their website, they have plenty to say about protests.

"Since he wasn't a member of the NAF, there's no reason why they'd make public statements about a clinic they werent part of."

See my last post.

"In a state that has some of the most restrictive laws against abortion, who has less than 25 abortion clinics, WHY DIDN'T THE HEALTH DEPARTMENT MONITOR THEM ALL on a regular basis?"

"In fact, in the above report, there's discussion about why the health department failed so spectacularly in the Gosnell case, as well as a discussion from State Rep Margo Davidson who had one of her relatives die after Gosnell murdered her.
Even she doesn't give a shit about the NAF who has no real power, but is MUCH more concerned about why her own state's HEALTH DEPARTMENT failed her cousin."

Already addressed this in my last post.

"No, it appears to me that its simply an old news story, that's being updated as events warrant it."

Yea, who cares that women were maimed, abused, and killed and that babies were murdered.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min John Galt 1,154,131
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 1 hr Bruin Nation 28,401
Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 1 hr Joe fortuna 201,173
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 3 hr Just Think 232,901
What role do you think humans play in global wa... 12 hr IBdaMann 2,682
Should child beauty pageants be banned? 14 hr Roy the Boy 691
Conn's Appliances (Nov '07) Dec 16 The Real Daniel S... 281
More from around the web