Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday 306,953
Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision. Full Story
Ocean56

AOL

#291405 Apr 1, 2013
Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
Isn't it amazing how basic human emotions are actually sinful? Talk about being set-up to fail.
Indeed. IMO militant religionist hierarchies don't want people to be too educated or too successful. Too much education leads to people realizing that what they've been told by the religion or church is NONSENSE, so many people will leave. Too much success can lead to more people deciding they DON'T need the church for anything, so more people become independent of it.

So the hierarchies come up with every TRICK in the book to keep people from developing ideas that are against the church's interests and lead people AWAY from the church. Saying certain emotions are "sins" is one such trick.
Ocean56

AOL

#291406 Apr 1, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
Well, you know, they speak directly for god...
Yes, the militant religionists CLAIM that a lot, don't they. They're big on TALK, but NOT so big on proof.
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

#291407 Apr 1, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Bullshit. Since the Jewish faith doesn't beleive in hell, no rabbi would make that claim.
Maybe your version doesn't but I found several sites that say they do.

religionfacts.com

Traditional Judaism includes belief in both heaven and hell, as we will see below. How is one's destination decided? The School of Shammai offered this description:

There will be three groups on the Day of Judgment: one of thoroughly righteous people, one of thoroughly wicked people and one of people in between. The first group will be immediately inscribed for everlasting life; the second group will be doomed in Gehinnom [Hell], as it says, "And many of them that sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake, some to everlasting life and some to reproaches and everlasting abhorrence" [Daniel 12:2], the third will go down to Gehinnom and squeal and rise again, as it says, "And I will bring the third part through the fire, and will refine them as silver is refined, and will try them as gold is tried. They shall call on My name and I will answer them" [Zechariah 13:9]...[Babylonian Talmud, tractate Rosh Hashanah 16b-17a]

The school of Hillel suggested a more merciful view, in which the middle group are sent directly to Gan Eden (Heaven) instead of Gehinnom after death. Rabbi Hanina added that all who go down to Gehinnom will go up again, except adulterers, those who put their fellows to shame in public, and those who call their fellows by an obnoxious name [Babylonian Talmud, tractate Baba Metzia 58b].

The Talmud teaches that all Israel will have a share in Olam Ha-Ba, but makes some notable exceptions:

All Israelites have a share in the world-to-come...[However], these are they that have no share in the world-to-come: one who says there is no resurrection of the dead prescribed in the Torah, and that the Torah is not from Heaven, and an Epicurean.(Sanhedrin 10:1)

General Jewish belief is that one need not be Jewish to enjoy Heaven. "Moses Maimonides, echoing the Tosefta to Sanhedrin, maintained that the pious of all the nations of the world have a portion in the world-to-come [Mishneh Torah, Repentance 3:5]."
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

#291408 Apr 1, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you keep avoiding refuting the scriptural evidence? After all, YOU asked for proof, and you were given it.
Back up your claim Inkstain. After all, its easter right? You SHOULD be able to, easily.
We're waiting.....
LOL
Okay Jesus didn't fit the criteria. So do you think anyone ever will? I'm waiting.

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#291409 Apr 1, 2013
Ocean56 wrote:
<quoted text>
Indeed. IMO militant religionist hierarchies don't want people to be too educated or too successful. Too much education leads to people realizing that what they've been told by the religion or church is NONSENSE, so many people will leave. Too much success can lead to more people deciding they DON'T need the church for anything, so more people become independent of it.
So the hierarchies come up with every TRICK in the book to keep people from developing ideas that are against the church's interests and lead people AWAY from the church. Saying certain emotions are "sins" is one such trick.
Amen to that ;)
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

#291410 Apr 1, 2013
<quoted text>
"He spoke also this parable to certain people who were convinced of their own righteousness..."
I'm often amazed at the ignorance I encounter on here.
You were the one talking about your own 'goodness'.

I think the parrabel was lost on you.
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

#291411 Apr 1, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
You know Inkstain, in this one post, you've managed to TRULY show what a complete fool you really are.
Theologians that dont agree on scripture have been DISCUSSING scripture for thousands of years. Religious debate is CERTAINLY possible between people of different faiths.
Strikes me that you're just afraid to have anything resembling discussion on faith with people that know more than you do about it, NOT ONLY because you dont have the conviction of your faith, you dont have the knowledge of it either.
Listen, you are the one who said Christ didn't exist. On that premise there is nothing to discuss. I and 2 billion other Christians don't have to prove anything to you.
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

#291412 Apr 1, 2013
<quoted text>
No, but I did state that scripture is relevant to a bible discussion. The life of Jesus is told in the Bible, so where else would Foo get her information?
I posted enough scripture to keep you looking things up for a week.

http://www.accordingtothescriptures.org/proph...
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

#291413 Apr 1, 2013
<quoted text>
"This was the conversation that caused me to call her a cockroach."
Caused you? So you didn't choose on your own to do the very thing you're complaining she did? Interesting the way your mind works.
No courage to comment on her post, I see.
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

#291414 Apr 1, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
If you have to ask, there's no reason to continue old woman.
You are right, it is a waste of time expounding on common knowledge.
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

#291415 Apr 1, 2013
<quoted text>
Shouldn't YOU know? Your whole belief system is based on these stories, so don't you even know?
I would like to know where he thinks he was. I am quite clear on the subject.
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

#291416 Apr 1, 2013
<quoted text>
What is this? It's some dumbed down list where everything was allegedly fulfilled but not at all explained. Foo actually showed each requirement according to scripture and illustrated in some detail how it was not fulfilled.
If I were moderating a debate and asking to be convinced one way or the other Foo would win by a 100 miles.
This explains it for you

http://www.scripturecatholic.com/messianic_pr... .

You can cross refrence these claims to the bible scripture is the other link. I'm sure you are not really that interested.
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

#291417 Apr 1, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
Most likely in caeserea; there is no mention in any secular source that he was in judea. Of course, there's no secular mention of jesus either.
<quoted text>
Nice assumption on your part. How do you know he even existed, nevermind where he was?

Since: Feb 07

Location hidden

#291418 Apr 1, 2013
AyakaNeo wrote:
<quoted text>Agree. Gosnell was a vulture preying on the poor and drug addicted in Pennsylvania. He deserves everything he gets, but the state has only themselves to blame.
Let's not forget The National Abortion Federation.

Location hidden

#291419 Apr 1, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
As right as you are about this Sue, and you ARE right - making abortion illegal again will certainly create MORE Gosnell's as not only the poor, the uneducated, the illegal aliens, the desperate seek out abortions illegally, but other women do as well.
While we only know of a very few Gosnell's today, because it IS safe, legal and accessable, I personally fear we'd be creating an atmosphere where these guys will flourish.
Again, education is the key, not making more laws.
"While we only know of a very few Gosnell's today,"

I think that the important word here is "know", how many don't we know about?

Location hidden

#291420 Apr 1, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you think quacks like this would multiply without any legal regulations in place? I sure do. And that's no good for anyone.
It seems you want to blame legal abortion for these quacks when you say, "It appears that making abortion legal hasn't stopped the back-alley butchers, it just allows them to operate in the main stream." I just don't see it that way.
Look, I am not arguing or debating what you're saying. I disagree with your perspective that legal abortion is at fault for crappy clinics such as Gosnell's and the other two you mentioned. Those incidences are not the norm when abortion is legal and monitored.
However, the attacks on legal, monitored abortion don't help the situation, either. The one gal quoted earlier, the protesters at PP scared her off. The undue restrictions and waiting periods are scaring people off. But it's not preventing them from obtaining abortions.
Does PA want to join in the race to see which state will be first to get an abortion case into the Supreme Court to challenge Roe?
"Those incidences are not the norm when abortion is legal and monitored."

The problem is that they aren't monitored.

"Does PA want to join in the race to see which state will be first to get an abortion case into the Supreme Court to challenge Roe?"

The pro"choice" govenor and The National Abortion Federation didn't want him to get caught and/or shut down.

Location hidden

#291421 Apr 1, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly. That's what I've been saying as well. Where were all the right to life groups? To heck with "all", where were ANY of them in the 17 years he was doing abortions?
Oh yeah, not a white enough neighborhood.
Like I said, there's enough blame to go around.
"Oh yeah, not a white enough neighborhood."

Maybe this was the reason that the pro"choicers" didn't shut his doors?

Location hidden

#291422 Apr 1, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
Religion's supposed to be safe but thousands of raped children would disagree. Shall we outlaw religion, or just jail the actual lawbreakers?
<quoted text>
Maybe we should.
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

#291423 Apr 1, 2013
Susanm wrote:
<quoted text>
"Oh yeah, not a white enough neighborhood."
Maybe this was the reason that the pro"choicers" didn't shut his doors?
I was just going to mention her preposterous attempt to blame the lack of pro life protesters. What a joke.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#291424 Apr 1, 2013
The Prince wrote:
<quoted text>
I pray for forgiveness of my sins and yousr as well.
Ya might want to stop sinning by bearing false witness all the time, BEFORE you start praying for forgivness there Tommy.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min Teaman 1,153,324
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 4 min waaasssuuup 232,734
What role do you think humans play in global wa... 1 hr LonePalm 2,660
Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 1 hr Joe fortuna 201,151
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 11 hr Bruin For Life 28,359
Should child beauty pageants be banned? Tue Roy the Boy 685
Conn's Appliances (Nov '07) Tue The Real Daniel S... 281
More from around the web