Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday 309,289
Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision. Read more

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#291430 Apr 1, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I was just going to mention her preposterous attempt to blame the lack of pro life protesters. What a joke.
What's so funny about it?

I'm not "blaming" ANY one group. What part of 'there is plenty enough blame to go around' do you not grasp?

Since: Feb 07

Location hidden

#291431 Apr 1, 2013
"RICHMOND, VA (WWBT)-
For the first time ever the state is involved in inspecting abortion clinics before issuing a license for them to operate."

Posted: Sep 12, 2012 10:27 PM EDT Updated: Sep 17, 2012 11:18 PM EDT

For the first time ever??????

http://www.nbc12.com/story/19530189/virginia-...

"An increased scrutiny of Illinois abortion clinics in the wake of revelations about a "house of horrors" in Philadelphia revealed that some facilities had gone up to 15 years without inspections, and two now have closed after regulators found health and safety violations."

"While Illinois is working on the backlog of neglected inspections, the documents reviewed by the AP show that a few abortion clinics in the state still haven't been checked in more than a decade. One in Chicago hasn't been inspected in 16 years. Another in the suburb of Wood Dale was last inspected nearly 15 years ago."

http://www.dailyherald.com/article/20120121/n...

It looks like PA wasn't the only state that allowed abortion "clinics" to operate unchecked.
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

#291432 Apr 1, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
No, you found several sites that say the exact same thing, and you left out what Gehenna is, and you cherry picked the part that suits you like you always do.
http://judaism.about.com/od/judaismbasics/a/G...
When the ancient rabbis talk about Gehenna, the question they are trying to answer is "How will bad people be dealt with in the afterlife?" Accordingly, they saw Gehenna as a place of punishment for those who lead an immoral life. However, the time a person's soul could spend in Gehenna was limited to twelve months and the rabbis maintained that even at the very Gates of Gehenna a person could repent and avoid punishment (Erubin 19a). After being punished in Gehenna a soul was considered pure enough to enter Gan Eden (see below). You can learn more about Gehenna in: "What Is Gehenna?
I didn't leave it out I posted the link to the whole site.

Here's another which said some souls stay in "hell" [my word]

Judaism’s view of hell more closely resembles purgatory. However, the pain the soul experiences is not physical. It has been compared to psychological anguish, shame and healing upon reviewing the history of one’s life in a body, and how it wasted opportunities to serve God. This may explain why people who have near death experience often claim their entire life flashed in front of them.

This self-inflicted chastisement cleanses and refines the soul of blemishes that interfered with the soul’s perception of God. The concept of refinement is found in the prophets,“I (God) will refine them as silver is refined”(Zechariah 13:9).

Everyone can merit a portion in the World to Come. However, the completely evil (like Hitler) cannot merit this. As it says,“multitudes who sleep in the dust of the earth will awake: some to everlasting life, others to shame and everlasting contempt”(Daniel 12:2).

It doesn't matter if you abide by it or not but the concept for Jews is out there.
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

#291433 Apr 1, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
As I pointed out yesterday, most of those are not prophicies Inkstain. THey're nothing more than partial sentences taken out of context and bastardized to twist your view.
I know how you feel, what is the point of continuing? I would be more interested in the Messiah that you are waiting for to fullfill the prophecies.
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

#291434 Apr 1, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Thousands of theologians and people that discuss religious views daily say you're wrong.
Why are you afraid to simply admit you dont know shit about your own faith, so that you can't discuss the topic?
<quoted text>
Those that want to witness certainly do.
I disagree with you completely. I have no interest in trying to convince you of anything. Even Jesus couldn't. I have heard your arguments a million times. You consider everything in the NT a lie so where can we go? Here's an example of how the discussion with you would go.

I says Jesus did this You say no he didn't
I say Jesus was this You says no he wasn't
I say Jesus said this You say no he didn't and so on and so on.

Since: Feb 07

Location hidden

#291435 Apr 1, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Because pro-life groups couldn't be bothered with him either? No, I doubt it.
You're very determined to place blame on ONE group, when the FACT is there's more than enough blame to go around Sue.
I have never said that there wasn't plenty of blame to go around, there absolutely is. But tell me something, why don't you read anything about this from the NAF? The NAF has plenty to say about abortion protets. Why aren't they speaking out against Gosnell? Why aren't the liberal news stations covering it? There is plenty of news coverage about protest outside of abortion "clinics". It appears that anything negative about abortion is just swept under the rug.

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

#291436 Apr 1, 2013
Susanm wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's not forget The National Abortion Federation.
Gosnells clinic in Philadelphia was not a member of the NAF.
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

#291437 Apr 1, 2013
AyakaNeo wrote:
<quoted text>Gosnells clinic in Philadelphia was not a member of the NAF.
And your point is? It seems they [NAF] is even more culpable.

From the grand jury.

“Based on her observations, the evaluator [from NAF] determined that there were far too many deficiencies at the clinic and in how it operated to even consider admitting Gosnell to NAF membership. On January, 2010, she wrote to Gosnell informing him of NAF’s decision and outlining the areas in which his clinic was not in compliance. The evaluator told the Grand Jury that this was the first time in her experience that NAF had outright rejected a provider for membership. Usually, if a clinic is able to fix deficiencies and come into compliance with the standards, NAF will admit them. Gosnell’s clinic, however, was deemed beyond redemption.”

Check out the very next paragraph from the Grand Jury report:

“We understand that NAF’s goal is to assist clinics to comply with its standards, not to sanction them for deficiencies. Nevertheless, we have to question why an evaluator from NAF, whose stated mission is to ensure safe, legal, and acceptable abortion care, and to promote health and justice for women, did not report Gosnell to authorities.…”

Location hidden

#291439 Apr 1, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't leave it out I posted the link to the whole site.
Here's another which said some souls stay in "hell" [my word]

Judaism’s view of hell more closely resembles purgatory.****
Nice of you to admit its YOUR word.

Its funny as hell that you're trying to attribute "YOUR WORD" to the Jewish view and act as if your claims have any validity.

ESPECIALLY when the first sentence of your link refutes your own claims.
It doesn't matter if you abide by it or not but the concept for Jews is out there.
No Inkstain, YOUR concept of hell is NOT "out there" for those of the Jewish faith. YOUR concept of hell is a christian creation, and one we dont believe in.

Location hidden

#291440 Apr 1, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
And your point is? It seems they [NAF] is even more culpable.
From the grand jury.
“Based on her observations, the evaluator [from NAF] determined that there were far too many deficiencies at the clinic and in how it operated to even consider admitting Gosnell to NAF membership. On January, 2010, she wrote to Gosnell informing him of NAF’s decision and outlining the areas in which his clinic was not in compliance. The evaluator told the Grand Jury that this was the first time in her experience that NAF had outright rejected a provider for membership. Usually, if a clinic is able to fix deficiencies and come into compliance with the standards, NAF will admit them. Gosnell’s clinic, however, was deemed beyond redemption.”
Check out the very next paragraph from the Grand Jury report:
“We understand that NAF’s goal is to assist clinics to comply with its standards, not to sanction them for deficiencies. Nevertheless, we have to question why an evaluator from NAF, whose stated mission is to ensure safe, legal, and acceptable abortion care, and to promote health and justice for women, did not report Gosnell to authorities.…”
Yes Inkstain, we get all this. NOBODY has said the NAF isn't culpable.

However, NAF isn't a government agency. Why didnt PA's OWN HEALTH DEPARTMENT report them and shut them down in 17 years?

Where were the PL protesting groups who could have been seeing the terrible conditions and harrassing ... oh of course I meant speaking to the women and realising how bad the conditions were and reporting them?

Seems your PL groups are only good at lying when "investgating" clinics huh?

Location hidden

#291441 Apr 1, 2013
Susanm wrote:
"RICHMOND, VA (WWBT)-
For the first time ever the state is involved in inspecting abortion clinics before issuing a license for them to operate."
Posted: Sep 12, 2012 10:27 PM EDT Updated: Sep 17, 2012 11:18 PM EDT
For the first time ever??????
http://www.nbc12.com/story/19530189/virginia-...
"An increased scrutiny of Illinois abortion clinics in the wake of revelations about a "house of horrors" in Philadelphia revealed that some facilities had gone up to 15 years without inspections, and two now have closed after regulators found health and safety violations."
"While Illinois is working on the backlog of neglected inspections, the documents reviewed by the AP show that a few abortion clinics in the state still haven't been checked in more than a decade. One in Chicago hasn't been inspected in 16 years. Another in the suburb of Wood Dale was last inspected nearly 15 years ago."
http://www.dailyherald.com/article/20120121/n...
It looks like PA wasn't the only state that allowed abortion "clinics" to operate unchecked.
Seems that the health departments in a few states need to step up to the plate.
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

#291442 Apr 1, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Nice of you to admit its YOUR word.
Its funny as hell that you're trying to attribute "YOUR WORD" to the Jewish view and act as if your claims have any validity.
ESPECIALLY when the first sentence of your link refutes your own claims.
<quoted text>
No Inkstain, YOUR concept of hell is NOT "out there" for those of the Jewish faith. YOUR concept of hell is a christian creation, and one we dont believe in.
That's fine time to move on.

Location hidden

#291443 Apr 1, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I disagree with you completely. I have no interest in trying to convince you of anything. Even Jesus couldn't. I have heard your arguments a million times. You consider everything in the NT a lie so where can we go? Here's an example of how the discussion with you would go.
I says Jesus did this You say no he didn't
I say Jesus was this You says no he wasn't
I say Jesus said this You say no he didn't and so on and so on.
The difference is I can back up my views scripturally. You dont know enough about your own faith to do the same.

YOU began this by asking for proof. I provided that proof.

You seem incapable of anything resembling actual debate.
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

#291444 Apr 1, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes Inkstain, we get all this. NOBODY has said the NAF isn't culpable.
However, NAF isn't a government agency. Why didnt PA's OWN HEALTH DEPARTMENT report them and shut them down in 17 years?
Where were the PL protesting groups who could have been seeing the terrible conditions and harrassing ... oh of course I meant speaking to the women and realising how bad the conditions were and reporting them?
Seems your PL groups are only good at lying when "investgating" clinics huh?
I was responding to the poster's point that Gosnell wasn't a member of NAF. It seems they were on the forefront of being aware of Gosnell's deficiencies and could have easily reported him if they were so inclined.
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

#291445 Apr 1, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
The difference is I can back up my views scripturally. You dont know enough about your own faith to do the same.
YOU began this by asking for proof. I provided that proof.
You seem incapable of anything resembling actual debate.
Do you consider anything in the New Testament as true?
feces for jesus

Westbury, NY

#291446 Apr 1, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
So you can say whatever you want and not have to back it up, okay.
That's pretty much what you do anyway.
Happy Easter, Jesus' resurrection day.
When you use the word Easter, you Acknowledge the goddess Ostara. I didn't know you honor the "pagan" Gods.
Katie

Spanaway, WA

#291447 Apr 1, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
You are right, it is a waste of time expounding on common knowledge.
Then you admit Foo was correct in stating a 20wk fetus is measured to be about 6 inches long even though you told her she was wrong? Because that's what I verified. Common knowledge both you and Foo were correct in your claims even though you seem too bitter to acknowledge it.

So tell me, do you think the dead fetus you held was similar in size to a newborn puppy? That was my thought when I lost my pregnancy at 23 weeks. Or would that be "uncommon knowledge" in your opinion?

Location hidden

#291448 Apr 1, 2013
Susanm wrote:
<quoted text>
I have never said that there wasn't plenty of blame to go around, there absolutely is. But tell me something, why don't you read anything about this from the NAF?
Why would we hear ANYTHING from the NAF? Its not like this is a public organization that puts out regular press releases, good, bad or otherwise. Its not an organization that one can subscribe to, to recieve 'news and updates'. NAF is a private organization that unless one belongs to it, we WONT hear from them.

Since he wasn't a member of the NAF, there's no reason why they'd make public statements about a clinic they werent part of.
The NAF has plenty to say about abortion protets.
Really? I've never seen them say anything at all about abortion protests. Of course, as I've said, I didn't know anything ABOUT the NAF before you brought it to my attention back when Gosnell was first arrested. The average person has never heard of this group - and for good reason, its a trade organization, and one RARELY hears about trade organizations unless they're PART of that organization.

I think the BETTER question is:

In a state that has some of the most restrictive laws against abortion, who has less than 25 abortion clinics, WHY DIDN'T THE HEALTH DEPARTMENT MONITOR THEM ALL on a regular basis?

Why aren't they speaking out against Gosnell?
Initally they did. Why would they STILL be speaking out about someone that's been closed down and is in jail on murder charges? What more do you want them to say?

They made a public statement at the time.

http://www.prochoice.org/news/releases/201101...
Why aren't the liberal news stations covering it?
Do a google search, they are covering it - particularly locally.

People that are interested can keep track of what's going on in the case. There was mention of the case the other night on World News Tonight, as well as on Meet The Press and NPR.

http://www.npr.org/2013/03/28/175459510/penns...

In fact, in the above report, there's discussion about why the health department failed so spectacularly in the Gosnell case, as well as a discussion from State Rep Margo Davidson who had one of her relatives die after Gosnell murdered her.

Even she doesn't give a shit about the NAF who has no real power, but is MUCH more concerned about why her own state's HEALTH DEPARTMENT failed her cousin.

It IS being reported on Sue. Just not every day. There's more news going on in the world than just this murderer.

There is plenty of news coverage about protest outside of abortion "clinics".
Really? I guess that depends on where you live. I can't remember the last time I saw any coverage of protests at a clinc either in Baltimore or here in New York.
It appears that anything negative about abortion is just swept under the rug.
No, it appears to me that its simply an old news story, that's being updated as events warrant it.

Location hidden

#291449 Apr 1, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I was responding to the poster's point that Gosnell wasn't a member of NAF. It seems they were on the forefront of being aware of Gosnell's deficiencies and could have easily reported him if they were so inclined.
It seems to me that it wasn't as much their job, as it would have been the stat's Health Department, who was a MUCH more spectacular failure.

Location hidden

#291450 Apr 1, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you consider anything in the New Testament as true?
Why am I not shocked that you're trying to distract from your own lack of knowledge again.

Your claims about prophesy aren't based in the NT, they're based in the Tanakh - the Jewish bible, which is where they're refuted.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 7 min RiccardoFire 201,798
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 46 min Holy Jumpin Jesus 1,207,275
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 1 hr Chosen Traveler 29,289
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 1 hr Aura Mytha 236,901
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 6 hr Earthling-1 4,981
How to recover lost data from iPhone/iPad/iPod- (Jan '14) Mar 26 kareeo 14
The night Adolph Rupp met Johnny Green Mar 18 alexreese447 1
More from around the web