Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.
Comments
273,741 - 273,760 of 305,437 Comments Last updated 3 min ago
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2013

Judged:

LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you keep avoiding refuting the scriptural evidence? After all, YOU asked for proof, and you were given it.
Back up your claim Inkstain. After all, its easter right? You SHOULD be able to, easily.
We're waiting.....
LOL
You don't believe anything written about Christ so what is the point? If we were to have a discussion on the suject, you would have to accept that we are talking about a real person and you don't. End of subject. You said He didn't exist so let's agree, He didn't exist. Now will anyone ever fit your criteria?
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2013

Judged:

cpeter1313 wrote:
Yes I am, but records show that pilate was nowhere near where jesus was supposed to be for their meeting. That trial didn't happen, and thus the meeting with herod didn't happen either. History is against you...not to mention that jesus wasn't charged with crimes in galilee and thus herod would have no jurisdiction anyway.
<quoted text>
Where was Pilate?

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2013

Judged:

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't believe anything written about Christ so what is the point?
The POINT is your question regarding what disproves him as messiah. I've provided that, and used scripture to do it.

The key is seeing if you can refure it.
If we were to have a discussion on the suject, you would have to accept that we are talking about a real person and you don't.
ROFLMAO Uh no Inkstain. To have a DICUSSION on this, it simply takes two people willing to be honest and truthful in their convictions and their commentary.

I have been.

You - as usual, make shit up as you go along to aviod having to prove YOUR claims. I've proven mine scripturally, you apparently are too stupid and ignorant of your own faith to back up you OWN claims.
You said He didn't exist so let's agree, He didn't exist.
Hey, if you want to disavow your version of g-d so easily, that's on you.
Now will anyone ever fit your criteria?
Its not MY criteria as you know dear, but SCRIPTURAL criteria.

And yes, we believe that someday, G-d WILL send a Messiah. But he hasn't yet.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2013

Judged:

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't believe anything written about Christ so what is the point? If we were to have a discussion on the suject, you would have to accept that we are talking about a real person and you don't. End of subject. You said He didn't exist so let's agree, He didn't exist. Now will anyone ever fit your criteria?
You know Inkstain, in this one post, you've managed to TRULY show what a complete fool you really are.

Theologians that dont agree on scripture have been DISCUSSING scripture for thousands of years. Religious debate is CERTAINLY possible between people of different faiths.

Strikes me that you're just afraid to have anything resembling discussion on faith with people that know more than you do about it, NOT ONLY because you dont have the conviction of your faith, you dont have the knowledge of it either.

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2013

Judged:

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
He spoke also this parable to certain people who were convinced of their own righteousness, and who despised all others. "Two men went up into the temple to pray; one was a Pharisee, and the other was a tax collector. The Pharisee stood and prayed to himself like this:'God, I thank you, that I am not like the rest of men, extortioners, unrighteous, adulterers, or even like this tax collector. I fast twice a week. I give tithes of all that I get.' But the tax collector, standing far away, wouldn't even lift up his eyes to heaven, but beat his breast, saying,'God, be merciful to me, a sinner!' I tell you, this man went down to his house justified rather than the other; for everyone who exalts himself will be humbled, but he who humbles himself will be exalted."
Luke 18:9-14, World English Bible
Also Luke 12: 8-9 might apply
"And I say to you anyone who acknowledges me before men, him will the Son of man acknowledge before the angels of God. But whoever disowns me before men, will be disowned before the angels of God"
"He spoke also this parable to certain people who were convinced of their own righteousness..."

I'm often amazed at the ignorance I encounter on here.

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2013

Judged:

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I am so imperfect. I'm going to try not to insult anyone again.
I said you are a hypocrite. And you are a hypocrite.

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2013

Judged:

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe you missed the point. This was the conversation that caused me to call her a cockroach. You gave me all your attributes a few posts ago. How does such a good hearted person feel about her response to me?
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
My grandson was born at 20 weeks. He was still born but I guarantee you that he was every bit a human being.
His name was Julian. Maybe if your held a child like that in your arms, you wouldn't be so hardassed.
Foo said:
No, it really wasn't a "human being". It was a dead fetus that you named in memory of the human being he MIGHT have become. You aren't holding a 20 week fetus 'in your arms' either, its 6 inches long.
This is harsh, but factual. Maybe if you were more realistic, you wouldn't be such a dumbass.
"This was the conversation that caused me to call her a cockroach."

Caused you? So you didn't choose on your own to do the very thing you're complaining she did? Interesting the way your mind works.

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2013

Judged:

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
All you have to go on is bible scripture too.and LNM doesn't believe bible scripture.
No, but I did state that scripture is relevant to a bible discussion. The life of Jesus is told in the Bible, so where else would Foo get her information?
Katie

Spanaway, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2013

Judged:

AyakaNeo wrote:
<quoted text>
Another Gosnell patient, Davida Johnson, noted in an Associated Press article that she intended to go to Planned Parenthood for an abortion procedure, but was scared away by anti-abortion protesters picketing outside the clinic. An acquaintance suggested she go to Gosnell, where protesters (ironically) were not an issue.
Evidence suggests that a number of factors influenced a woman's decision to seek care at Gosnell's clinic: Medicaid's refusal to provide insurance coverage for most abortions; the scarcity of abortion providers in Pennsylvania (and across the nation); the fear of violence perpetrated by protestors at clinics, and the right-wing culture that has so stigmatized abortion that many think it is still illegal 40 years after Roe v. Wade.
Thank you, Ayaka. All evidence points to these unintended consequences becoming the "norm" when abortion is treated as criminal. All anyone has to do is watch what happens in the South American countries where induced abortion's been recently criminalized to see increase in mortality of pregnant women.

But some here think criminalizing it is the answer because if/when women have "illegal" abortions, she can blame no-one but herself for dying.

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2013

Judged:

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Thought you didn't believe scripture so how can you say she proved what you don't believe or did you suddenly become a believer of Jewish scripture. Talk about silly.
That particular debate was did Jesus fulfill the requirements of the Messiah. She said no and supported her position. You believe yes, but have not supported your position.

I say no because I don't believe in the factual reality of the scriptures.
Katie

Spanaway, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2013

Judged:

Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
You are quite wrong. Throughout history, women have been ending their own pregnancies, usually with the help of midwives and herbalists, and it was simply considered no one else's business. When the US was founded, abortion was legal up to the point of quickening, and abortifacients were advertised in local newspapers. In fact, abortion was not outlawed by all states until around 1900, and even before RvW the states were passing laws with exceptions to those bans. So, abortion has been the woman's right, always, and was only illegal here for a very short time, and those laws were unconstitutional. You wanting to make abortion illegal IS taking away something that every woman has, the right to choose. Period.
I have yet to see, even though I've been asking for years, an argument against abortion that is not, at it's core, religious. Every person who has made the claim that they are not basing their arguments on religion that I've argued with, turns out they really are. They're just in denial. There is NO reason to object to someone else making their own choice regarding their own uterus and pregnancy that is not religious at it's core. None.
Exxcellent! Very well said :)
Katie

Spanaway, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2013

Judged:

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you have a point here or something you think I don't know.
If you have to ask, there's no reason to continue old woman.

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2013

Judged:

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
This is one of your overused evasion tactics. This and when you start asking an endless barrage of pointless questions. You don't get how transparent you're being, and that it's clear you're not able to support your claims or refute anything.

Even Cpeter the atheist knows bible history way better than you do.

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2013

Judged:

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Where was Pilate?
Shouldn't YOU know? Your whole belief system is based on these stories, so don't you even know?

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2013

Judged:

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
My scripture says He did.
http://www.accordingtothescriptures.org/proph...
Is there one thing in particular that you don't believe H fullfilled?
What is this? It's some dumbed down list where everything was allegedly fulfilled but not at all explained. Foo actually showed each requirement according to scripture and illustrated in some detail how it was not fulfilled.

If I were moderating a debate and asking to be convinced one way or the other Foo would win by a 100 miles.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2013

Judged:

Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
That particular debate was did Jesus fulfill the requirements of the Messiah. She said no and supported her position. You believe yes, but have not supported your position.
I say no because I don't believe in the factual reality of the scriptures.
Exactly. She CANT support her position, so she ignores it.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
Shouldn't YOU know? Your whole belief system is based on these stories, so don't you even know?
Of course she doesn't know. This is why she keep deflecting and ignoring what she can't support.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
What is this? It's some dumbed down list where everything was allegedly fulfilled but not at all explained. Foo actually showed each requirement according to scripture and illustrated in some detail how it was not fulfilled.
Lets just take one at random from her "list" and look at it, shall we?

24. Ex. 12:21-27 Christ is our Passover

ROFLMAO I find this one hysterical. "CHRIST" isn't mentioned at all in the Tanakh. Not even REMOTELY. Its not even a prophecy Yet these freaks take Exodus, specifically the 10th plague passage (killing of the first born of EGYPT) and call it about christ??

WHAT BULLSHIT! LOLOLOLOL!!

This part of the Jewish bible has ZERO to do with christ, and certainly isn't a prophecy, let ALONE being a fullfilled requirement for a messiah.

But then, its easy for people making a 'new' g-d to ignore, change and bastardize what they NEED to CREATE prophicies fullfilled.
If I were moderating a debate and asking to be convinced one way or the other Foo would win by a 100 miles.
Its not even about 'winning' IMO LNM. Its about people like Inkstain knowing nothing about their own faith, and not being able to back up the things they claim.

THere's a reason its called "faith", but when one like Inkstain makes claims she can't back up, while I Can and DO certainly and easily refute her claims, its not even a debate, its a debacle.

In order to have a debate, both sides need SOME knowledge, Inkstain apparently has only hot air and hypocricy.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2013

Judged:

Most likely in caeserea; there is no mention in any secular source that he was in judea. Of course, there's no secular mention of jesus either.
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Where was Pilate?

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2013

Judged:

She was possessed by the demon Blattidae.
<quoted text>
"This was the conversation that caused me to call her a cockroach."
Caused you? So you didn't choose on your own to do the very thing you're complaining she did? Interesting the way your mind works.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min Nuculur option 1,099,410
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 5 min Bruin Nation 27,046
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 21 min Stilgar Fifrawi 226,173
I got my loan from stephenloanhelp@hotmail.com (May '13) Tue RICK SERVICE 29
offer Aug 23 Peter 1
Addition of Emmitt Holt is "Big" for Indiana Aug 23 Mike Williams 1
Ex-Hoosier Zeller embraces NBA learning Aug 23 Mike Williams 1
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

NCAA Basketball People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••