Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday 305,844
Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision. Full Story

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#291343 Mar 31, 2013
Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
So who did you call a "sad cockroach"?
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
"You are a sad cockroach."
As always you totally miss the point. YOU are the one complaining about being called names and yet you do it, too. You just try to justify when YOU do it.
Almost all of us get called names on here but only you spend so much time playing the victim about it. And then you do it, too.
Hypocrite.
Exactly, and thank you!

Location hidden

#291344 Mar 31, 2013
<quoted text>
And here you manage to slip an insult in while your claiming "Mea Culpa".
Hypocrite.
The dumb bitch is good at only one thing: showing her hypocrisy.

And interestingly, she seems PROUD of being a hypocrite.
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

#291345 Mar 31, 2013
<quoted text>
So who did you call a "sad cockroach"?
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
"You are a sad cockroach."
As always you totally miss the point. YOU are the one complaining about being called names and yet you do it, too. You just try to justify when YOU do it.
Almost all of us get called names on here but only you spend so much time playing the victim about it. And then you do it, too.
Hypocrite.
Maybe you missed the point. This was the conversation that caused me to call her a cockroach. You gave me all your attributes a few posts ago. How does such a good hearted person feel about her response to me?

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
My grandson was born at 20 weeks. He was still born but I guarantee you that he was every bit a human being.
His name was Julian. Maybe if your held a child like that in your arms, you wouldn't be so hardassed.

Foo said:
No, it really wasn't a "human being". It was a dead fetus that you named in memory of the human being he MIGHT have become. You aren't holding a 20 week fetus 'in your arms' either, its 6 inches long.

This is harsh, but factual. Maybe if you were more realistic, you wouldn't be such a dumbass.
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

#291346 Mar 31, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>Exactly. The only "proof" available is in biblical scripture, and going by THAT, he simply didn't meet the criteria.
That's if you think he even existed. PErsonally, I dont believe he did.
All you have to go on is bible scripture too.and LNM doesn't believe bible scripture.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#291347 Mar 31, 2013
Well, you know, they speak directly for god...
Ocean56 wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly. Militant religionists like Gtown seem to have this weird notion that prochoicers are -- or should be -- intimidated by what anti-choicers think. Then they get really pissed off when prochoicers make it clear to them that we couldn't care LESS what anti-choicers think, much less be intimidated by it.

Location hidden

#291348 Mar 31, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
My scripture says He did.
Your scripture is written to ignore the parts of the bible you dont like.
Is there one thing in particular that you don't believe H fullfilled?
None of it.

He must be a direct male descendant of King David and King Solomon, his son - "And when your days (David) are fulfilled, and you shall sleep with your fathers, I will set up your seed after you, who shall issue from your bowels, and I will establish his kingdom. He shall build a house for my name, and I will make firm the throne of his kingdom forever..." (2 Samuel 7:12 - 13)
The genealogy of the New Testament is inconsistent. While it gives two accounts of the genealogy of Joseph, it states clearly that he is not the biological father of Jesus. One of the genealogies is through Nathan and not Solomon altogether!

He didn't meet this criteria.

He must gather the Jewish people from exile and return them to Israel -"And he shall set up a banner for the nations, and shall assemble the outcasts of Israel, and gather together the dispersed of Judah from the four corners of the earth." (Isaiah 11:12)
Are all Jews living in Israel? Have all Jews EVER lived in Israel since the time of Jesus?

He must rebuild the Temple in Jerusalem - "...and I will set my sanctuary in their midst forever and my tabernacle shall be with them.." (Ezekiel 37:26 - 27)

At last check, there is NO Temple in Jerusalem. And worse, it was shortly after Jesus died that the Temple was DESTROYED! Just the opposite of this prophecy!

He will rule at a time when all people will come to acknowledge and serve one G-d - "And it shall come to pass that from one new moon to another and from one Sabbath to another, shall all flesh come to worship before Me, says the L-rd" (Isaiah 66:23)

There are still millions if not billions of people in the world today who adhere to paganistic and polytheistic religions. It is clear that we have not yet seen this period of human history unfold.

Location hidden

#291349 Mar 31, 2013
He will rule at a time when the Jewish people will observe G-d's commandments - "My servant David shall be king over them; and they shall all have one shepherd. They shall follow My ordinances and be careful to observe My statutes." (Ezekiel 37:24)

The Torah is the Jewish guide to life, and its commandments are the ones referred to here. Do all Jews observe all the commandments? Christianity, in fact, often discourages observance of the commandments in Torah, in complete opposition to this prophecy.

All of these criteria are best stated in the book of Ezekiel Chapter 37 verses 24-28:

And David my servant shall be king over them; and they shall all have one shepherd. they shall also follow My judgments and observe My statutes, and do them. And they shall dwell in the land that I have given to Yaakov my servant, in which your fathers have dwelt and they shall dwell there, they and their children, and their children's children forever; and my servant David shall be their prince forever. Moreover, I will make a covenant of peace with them, it shall be an everlasting covenant with them, which I will give them; and I will multiply them and I will set my sanctuary in the midst of them forevermore. And my tabernacle shall be with them: and I will be their G-d and they will be my people. Then the nations shall know that I am the L-rd who sanctifies Israel, when My sanctuary will be in the midst of them forevermore.

If an individual fails to fulfill even one of these conditions, then he cannot be "The Messiah." A careful analysis of these criteria shows us that to date, no one has fulfilled every condition.

Certainly NOT Jesus.

There ya go Inkstain. Refute it if you can.
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

#291350 Mar 31, 2013
<quoted text>
You can guess whatever you want, but Foo offered an argument well supported by scripture (which is relevant to a Bible based debate) and you cannot seem to counter it. So tell us then, did Jesus fulfill the scriptural/biblical criteria to be the Messiah?
Never mind the evasions and deflections and prove your assertion that Jesus is the Messiah. Prove her wrong...if you can.
Thought you didn't believe scripture so how can you say she proved what you don't believe or did you suddenly become a believer of Jewish scripture. Talk about silly.
grumpy

Pomona, NY

#291351 Mar 31, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
You are talking about two different Herods, father and son.
http://billpetro.com/history-of-herod-antipas
The son wasn't a king, even according to this guy Petro.
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

#291352 Mar 31, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
The dumb bitch is good at only one thing: showing her hypocrisy.
And interestingly, she seems PROUD of being a hypocrite.
I use you for practice keeping my temper in tow. Sometimes I fail but I'm back on my feet and can easily tolerate you again.

Indianapolis

#291353 Mar 31, 2013
The herod referred to in the slaughter of the innocents is clearly herod the great, who died 4 years before your jesus was supposedly born. His son wasn't involved with the jesus story, only john the baptist's.
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
You are talking about two different Herods, father and son.
http://billpetro.com/history-of-herod-antipas

Location hidden

#291354 Mar 31, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe you missed the point.
No Inkstain, as usual, YOU miss the point. Deliberately.

Location hidden

#291355 Mar 31, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
All you have to go on is bible scripture too.and LNM doesn't believe bible scripture.
YOU asked for proof, I provided it.

Apparantly you cant refute it, so you're trying to deflect as usual.

You're a failure at that too.

Location hidden

#291356 Mar 31, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Thought you didn't believe scripture so how can you say she proved what you don't believe or did you suddenly become a believer of Jewish scripture. Talk about silly.
AGAIN, you cam't provide ANYTHING. You asked for proof, and you got it.

Now refute it if you can.

Since: Feb 07

Location hidden

#291357 Mar 31, 2013
AyakaNeo wrote:
<quoted text>
Another Gosnell patient, Davida Johnson, noted in an Associated Press article that she intended to go to Planned Parenthood for an abortion procedure, but was scared away by anti-abortion protesters picketing outside the clinic. An acquaintance suggested she go to Gosnell, where protesters (ironically) were not an issue.
Evidence suggests that a number of factors influenced a woman's decision to seek care at Gosnell's clinic: Medicaid's refusal to provide insurance coverage for most abortions; the scarcity of abortion providers in Pennsylvania (and across the nation); the fear of violence perpetrated by protestors at clinics, and the right-wing culture that has so stigmatized abortion that many think it is still illegal 40 years after Roe v. Wade.
There shouldn't have been a Gosnell's "clinic" to go to.
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

#291358 Mar 31, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
The herod referred to in the slaughter of the innocents is clearly herod the great, who died 4 years before your jesus was supposedly born. His son wasn't involved with the jesus story, only john the baptist's.
<quoted text>
http://www.biblestudytools.com/commentaries/t...

I don't think you are familiar when the Passion of Christ
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

#291360 Mar 31, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>Exactly. The only "proof" available is in biblical scripture, and going by THAT, he simply didn't meet the criteria.
That's if you think he even existed. PErsonally, I dont believe he did.
Do you think anybody will ever 'fit the criteria'?
grumpy

Pomona, NY

#291361 Mar 31, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
He will rule at a time when the Jewish people will observe G-d's commandments - "My servant David shall be king over them; and they shall all have one shepherd. They shall follow My ordinances and be careful to observe My statutes." (Ezekiel 37:24)
The Torah is the Jewish guide to life, and its commandments are the ones referred to here. Do all Jews observe all the commandments? Christianity, in fact, often discourages observance of the commandments in Torah, in complete opposition to this prophecy.
All of these criteria are best stated in the book of Ezekiel Chapter 37 verses 24-28:
And David my servant shall be king over them; and they shall all have one shepherd. they shall also follow My judgments and observe My statutes, and do them. And they shall dwell in the land that I have given to Yaakov my servant, in which your fathers have dwelt and they shall dwell there, they and their children, and their children's children forever; and my servant David shall be their prince forever. Moreover, I will make a covenant of peace with them, it shall be an everlasting covenant with them, which I will give them; and I will multiply them and I will set my sanctuary in the midst of them forevermore.
I was just discussing this book and it was foretelling the creation of The Temple ("In will set my sanctuary in the midst of them forevermore.) Ezekiel was a descendant of a prophet. Prophets were considerred blasphemers who took on the role given to priests in the absence of a Temple.
But notice that David, the supposed ancestor of Jesus, is referred to as a servant as will his progeny.("and my servant David shall be their prince forevermore"). Jesus would not have been God's son.
And the priests, whom Jesus opposed, were those decreed by God to head th Temple. That position was given to Aaron of the trbe of Levi.

Location hidden

#291362 Mar 31, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you think anybody will ever 'fit the criteria'?
Why do you keep avoiding refuting the scriptural evidence? After all, YOU asked for proof, and you were given it.

Back up your claim Inkstain. After all, its easter right? You SHOULD be able to, easily.

We're waiting.....

LOL

Indianapolis

#291363 Mar 31, 2013
Yes I am, but records show that pilate was nowhere near where jesus was supposed to be for their meeting. That trial didn't happen, and thus the meeting with herod didn't happen either. History is against you...not to mention that jesus wasn't charged with crimes in galilee and thus herod would have no jurisdiction anyway.
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.biblestudytools.com/commentaries/t...
I don't think you are familiar when the Passion of Christ

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 9 min Eman 1,115,067
What role do you think humans play in global wa... 42 min none_of_the_above 1,104
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 43 min New Age Spiritual... 228,548
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 1 hr PEE PEE PETE 27,578
Should child beauty pageants be banned? 6 hr PieceMaker 339
Conn's Appliances (Nov '07) 10 hr Carol 280
Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Mon El SupremoS 201,038

NCAA Basketball People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE