Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.
Comments
273,601 - 273,620 of 305,455 Comments Last updated 1 hr ago
Gtown71

United States

#291217 Mar 30, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow, J uses this bible, she loves it! Our rabbi actually suggested it to her when she was going to bible study classes he ran. I'm familiar with it from looking it over here, but never actually read it. I really should I know LOL. So many books, so little time...
Yes, they are many many many books, and all claiming truth, so not only would one have to read, but master all and they still wind up at the start, so I would suggest folks decide if they believe the earth and all that's in it was designed or evolved over millions of years. Then perhaps call upon the name of the Lord, as a human would and see?
Gtown71

United States

#291218 Mar 30, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, it was stating facts. YOur kind dont like facts very much.
Well stated! For an oximoron.
Gtown71

United States

#291219 Mar 30, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
In the end, you want to take away their rights. Drop the prepositional phrase "to kill" and all you're left with is, "I want to take away their right."
You don't see there is no difference whether a dead embryo/fetus is the result of spontaneous or induced abortion. You don't see it because it's all you focus on because it goes against what you consider moral.
Never mind morals are subjective. Never mind the current moral running through Roe v Wade is that no woman can legally be forced to remain pregnant against her will nor can any woman be forced to abort against her will.
You want to remove these protections because you don't want women to have them. You want to exchange these with an insentient embryo/fetus who isn't going to know or care one way or the other.
But the women will.
And that makes you -- and all who hold your position -- a monster in my eyes.
Especially when all you can throw back at me are insults and lame arguments built on straw and lies.
You defend a womans right to kill her unborn child, becouse it would cause her to go through up to nine months of pregnancy, and you say any against you are monsters?
Gtown71

United States

#291220 Mar 30, 2013
Ocean56 wrote:
<quoted text>
Very true, unfortunately. Religionist imbeciles like Tommydumdum apparently still believe in that archaic "cult of true womanhood" and "woman's sphere" nonsense that was so popular in the 19th century and they either cannot or will not get past it. They'll remain STUCK IN THE PAST until they die, most likely.
Luckily, women make our OWN sexual and reproductive decisions, without the interference of nosy church clerics, and motherhood is still OPTIONAL now, not required. For anti-choice extremists, that's gotta burn.
Why worry so much about church folks -foo herself labels some women as sluts, if they choose to exercise "their " sexual rights. Should she do that?

It should be a simple yes or no -in your case NO, if you halfway beleive what you say, but let the word games begin :)
Ps.-I'm talking about my mistress foo, in which you refered to as a slut. I refered not to at all. Yet again -you will call upon the powers of bill clinton, and word it up. Lol

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#291221 Mar 30, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
You defend a womans right to kill her unborn child, becouse it would cause her to go through up to nine months of pregnancy, and you say any against you are monsters?
You're a monster for wanting to force your religious beliefs on others by law. Because that IS what wanting to make abortion illegal based upon your "God" is, is forcing your religious beliefs on others. Period.
Ocean56

AOL

#291222 Mar 30, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
Why worry so much about church folks -foo herself labels some women as sluts, if they choose to exercise "their " sexual rights. Should she do that?
I DO worry about "church folks," also known as militant religionist kooks, who are in the Congress and Senate, and who are doing their very best to ELIMINATE women's reproductive rights. That moron Dick Mourdock is one such idiot (thank goodness he was kept OUT of the office he was seeking by the voters of that state). Unfortunately, there are many more in the Congress and Senate just like him. THOSE guys are the militant religionist kooks I am concerned about.

As to your idiotic preoccupation with Foo, it isn't worth my time to address. Happy to disappoint you.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#291223 Mar 30, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
It should be a simple yes or no -in your case NO, if you halfway beleive what you say, but let the word games begin :)
Ps.-I'm talking about my mistress foo, in which you refered to as a slut. I refered not to at all. Yet again -you will call upon the powers of bill clinton, and word it up. Lol
And here is yet another point you have ignored from me. We'll see if you do again.

There is a difference between having an opinion of what someone does, and wanting to take away their right to do so.

Example; I support your right to free speech, even though I disagree with most of what you say, and in fact in my opinion most of what you say is stupid, and lies.

By the way, by referring to your own mother as a slut, YOU opened up the conversation to include your mistress.

Any woman who would have sex with a married man is a slut in my opinion. So? Neither I, nor Foo, have advocated for any laws that prevent such a woman from acting like a slut.

Being pro-choice does not preclude having personal opinions.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#291224 Mar 30, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
I have one -if more "christians " understood what you said about different versions the better they would be.
What do you mean? Not being a smartass here, I'm asking honestly.

Location hidden

#291225 Mar 30, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, they are many many many books, and all claiming truth, so not only would one have to read, but master all and they still wind up at the start, so I would suggest folks decide if they believe the earth and all that's in it was designed or evolved over millions of years. Then perhaps call upon the name of the Lord, as a human would and see?
What the heck are you talking about? We were discussing bible studies. I have no clue what you are going on about.

Location hidden

#291226 Mar 30, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
No I dont. YOU labeled your mother a 'ho. Should YOU do that?
You should give up lying for lent.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#291227 Mar 30, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
No I dont. YOU labeled your mother a 'ho. Should YOU do that?
You should give up lying for lent.
It's too late for this year :)
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

#291228 Mar 30, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Not from my perspective. A son and daughter are born. Alive and living a life beyond that equivalent to a plant. You of all people should know there is no guarantee any pregnancy will make it to term. Why do act as if these do? Why do you seem to be demanding these do?
My grandson was born at 20 weeks. He was still born but I guarantee you that he was every bit a human being.

His name was Julian. Maybe if your held a child like that in your arms, you wouldn't be so hardassed.

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#291229 Mar 30, 2013
huskerlicious wrote:
<quoted text> Planned parenthood is for post birth abortions, I bet you are too, ya pile of bullwhacky.
Post birth abortions? You're really crazy. Your cult has truly fvcked you up in the head.
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

#291230 Mar 30, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL I can see that actually.
Have you seen in the news that this new pope seems to have a foot fetish? Poor things went from nazi pope to creepy pope.
Does that comment represent the thoughts of a Jew, a lesbian or just an evil bigot?

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#291231 Mar 30, 2013
The Prince wrote:
<quoted text>
I know that Jesus Christ shed his blood for us. His sacrifice of blood and life means that no longer is sacrifices of blood and life necessary. It stood in the face of the pagan practice of blood sacrifice that goes on to this day.
Christ died for our sins, for our salvation. Within a few hundered years of his horrible death at the hands of the pagan Romans and their multitude of Gods, a Roman Emporer declared Chrisitnaity as the Faith oif the Roman Empire. Today over half the world is part of the Christian Family.
You pagans have no control and are out of touch with the reality of humanity. You beckon to a dark and evil past. I pray fo you all.
A Happy Easter,for He is Risen!
You can believe anything you want, but the very idea that someone died on a cross "for our sins" really means nothing. It's an empty claim. You fundies babble about some ancient myth where one death was supposedly for "our sins" but yet you can't even explain what that's supposed to mean. What you would call sin is still rampant and what you would call evil is still prolific. And there's still no proof that there's anything beyond our death. Anyone can believe anything, but that doesn't make it true. Humanity has been believing in myths since the beginning of time. Myths that time have proven to be untrue.

The truly sad part is that you look down your nose at people who don't subscribe to your beliefs when those beliefs have no facts to support them.

Enjoy your holiday.

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#291232 Mar 30, 2013
Ocean56 wrote:
<quoted text>
Very true, unfortunately. Religionist imbeciles like Tommydumdum apparently still believe in that archaic "cult of true womanhood" and "woman's sphere" nonsense that was so popular in the 19th century and they either cannot or will not get past it. They'll remain STUCK IN THE PAST until they die, most likely.
Luckily, women make our OWN sexual and reproductive decisions, without the interference of nosy church clerics, and motherhood is still OPTIONAL now, not required. For anti-choice extremists, that's gotta burn.
Fundies like Prince Tommy can't help it. They were brainwashed from their earliest years. Some people are strong and can stand up to that type of mind control and others easily succumb and drop to their knees to lap up every bit of dogma that's spoonfed to them, and then beg for more. Some people just feel more comfortable being told what to think and how to live. Just be glad you're not one of the sheep.
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

#291234 Mar 30, 2013
Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
Humanity has been believing in myths since the beginning of time. Myths that time have proven to be untrue.
The truly sad part is that you look down your nose at people who don't subscribe to your beliefs when those beliefs have no facts to support them.
Enjoy your holiday.
Would you care to tell us which myth about Jesus has been proven to be untrue?
EARN CLICK THIS LINK

United States

#291235 Mar 30, 2013
EARN CLICK THIS LINK

United States

#291236 Mar 30, 2013

Location hidden

#291237 Mar 30, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, to be fair, SOME of you are simply morons.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 5 min TheIndependentMaj... 1,100,378
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 51 min Eagle 12 226,378
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 3 hr Bruin Nation 27,086
I got my loan from stephenloanhelp@hotmail.com (May '13) Aug 26 RICK SERVICE 29
offer Aug 23 Peter 1
Addition of Emmitt Holt is "Big" for Indiana Aug 23 Mike Williams 1
Ex-Hoosier Zeller embraces NBA learning Aug 23 Mike Williams 1
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

NCAA Basketball People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••