Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 310376 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#291103 Mar 29, 2013
Now, three words: Gender reassignment surgery.
bman wrote:
<quoted text>
No beyond that. Why not allow them to remove their, well I don't want to say it, but you get the picture. It's HER body, right?

Indianapolis

#291104 Mar 29, 2013
Vagina? Uterus, clitoris, fallopian tubes? Ovaries? How many words? Sounds like? I hate playing charades when you can't see the players.
bman wrote:
<quoted text>
No beyond that. Why not allow them to remove their, well I don't want to say it, but you get the picture. It's HER body, right?

Indianapolis

#291105 Mar 29, 2013
I didn't see any reference to hormonal replacement, which would be vital.
bman wrote:

Since: Feb 07

Location hidden

#291106 Mar 29, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe you weren't reading here last time this was discussed, but the differentiation isn't necessarily for medical purposes as it is for billing purposes. Probably not what you're looking to read, though. The info is available online. Through objective medical sites with no dog in the fight.
It has nothing to do with billing purposes. An induced abortion is a procedure that is done to forcefully kill and expel the fetus, which is totally different that the fetus dying from natural causes.

Indianapolis

#291107 Mar 29, 2013
Well, that's hypocritical, since no woman's reproductive choices aren't about you, either.
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not about you even though you try to put yourself in the middle of everything.

Location hidden

#291108 Mar 29, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, it was real common when abortion was illegal. Presently, not so much. Maybe you got to see some of it because of Gosnell's "practice". You can be sure to see more of it if abortion is ever criminalized again.
Bullsh!t.

Location hidden

#291109 Mar 29, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
A "fact" not applicable medically to abortion. Look it up. Verify it yourself. Lord knows you won't accept anything I offer.
FACT-you have no idea what you are talking about.

Location hidden

#291110 Mar 29, 2013
The Prince wrote:
<quoted text>
Another proabortion pagan pretending to be prolife. You and bitter have a lot in common, pagan!
Another troll.
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

#291111 Mar 29, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Those are just lame excuses. Point is, they didn't do their jobs. They're responsible for doing their jobs properly.
Lame excuses? Why do you think they were out to protect abortion clinics at all costs?
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

#291112 Mar 29, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
No, you wrote it to me.
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
http://www.topix.com/forum/news/abortion/T833...
That's how you treat "positive" posts?
Read carefully.

I said YOU responded to a post I wrote. I responded to you incorrectly. I already apoligized to you.

Indianapolis

#291113 Mar 29, 2013
No one can force another party to support their life unless that party agrees. The law of today is based on the constitution, not your mythical god.

"A woman has reproducitve organs for one reason."--Yes, and that reason is because they were born with them. How they choose to use them--or not use them--is totally up to them.

BTW--the law of nature in most cases is for the male to impregnate the female and move on--the very behavior you seem to abhor. Only a small percentage of animals raise offspring together.
The Prince wrote:
<quoted text>
No one has the right to wantonly destroy another human life. Huamn life begins at conception. The law as of today allows the killing of unborn children. That does not make it right, moral or ethical.
A woman has reproducitve organs for one reason. When she decides to put thsoe organs into use, the child must be consedered in all decisions. Your argument is loved by deadbeat dads. They can claim once their sperm is gone, it is not their problem. If a child comes into existence since the act of having sex is not the same as agreeing to be a parent. You folks twist into pretzels with your nonsense.
That gets all you proabortion pagan panties in a bunch but that is the Law of God and Nature.
One day the current law allowing the wanton killing of unborn children will be overturned.
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

#291114 Mar 29, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Inkstain, WHY do you lie so incessently?
I never said ANYTHING of the kind. You idiot.
Okay, it was bitter. You guys talk out of the same mouth anyway.

Since you are so appalled at being misquoted, does that mean you finally disagree with her comment?
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

#291115 Mar 29, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
No one can force another party to support their life unless that party agrees. The law of today is based on the constitution, not your mythical god.<quoted text>
Where in the Constitution is that?

Indianapolis

#291116 Mar 29, 2013
It's usually not their disbelief in the woman's choices, it's the long history of women who DO change their minds and sue because they think the doctor didn't counsel them properly. It unfortunately does color the doctors decisions.
Ocean56 wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly. I believe there has to be a compelling medical reason for a doctor to perform a radical hysterectomy; they aren't done for ELECTIVE reasons.
Some women who know they don't ever want kids have problems finding a doctor who will even perform a tubal ligation procedure, even when some of the women are 30 and older. Some doctors can't seem to accept that NOT all women want to be mothers.
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

#291117 Mar 29, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
ROFLMAO!! Inkstain, liars like YOU are the dying breed, and not dying fast enough frankly.
You make comments like 'women are not on the front lines" in the military, and you think YOU represent rational thoughts?? BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!
You know, or maybe you don't that Sassy and I were talking about combat positions where physical strength is neccessary. We understand that brute muscle is many times required and that can be an issue with women.

Your attempt to turn our conversation into your agenda is duly noted and accepted that some women are 'manly'.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/01/30/opinion/armour-...

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#291118 Mar 29, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay, it was bitter. You guys talk out of the same mouth anyway.
Since you are so appalled at being misquoted, does that mean you finally disagree with her comment?
She has no reason to as my comment was not what you are pretended it was.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#291119 Mar 29, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Where in the Constitution is that?
The very same place where it says we can't own another person's body.
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

#291120 Mar 29, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry you dont LIKE the facts, but the FACT is that an aborted ZEF IS medical waste. Your side doesn't like facts and will ignore them when it suits you, while mine accepts facts for what they are.
When does it become human enough for you to consider it a human being?
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

#291121 Mar 29, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
The very same place where it says we can't own another person's body.
That's what we have been saying, the woman doesn't own the body of her unborn child.
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

#291122 Mar 29, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't say it was. I was giving an example that highlighted your melodrama.
No, you were trying to make it about you. You inject yourself all the time when no one is talking about your uninteresting life.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 12 min shinningelectr0n 1,264,941
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 12 min ChristineM 245,248
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 32 min IBdaMann 6,513
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) Sun stewart scott 29,854
The Email Address Debacle: Did Hillary Do Somet... Sun Brian_G 1,716
I got my loan from [email protected] (Jun '13) Jul 31 bernarlyn 33
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Jul 29 RiccardoFire 201,844
More from around the web