Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Comments (Page 13,670)

Showing posts 273,381 - 273,400 of304,890
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

Judged:

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes you did. You need to do something about your memory.
Judged:
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
That's not true. As of now they aren't on the front lines and under the same rigorous training. That's what all the discussion is about, whether or not the standards will be lowered for women. Do you think they should be adjusted for women?
YOU SAID
Foo just proved you wrong on the training, Idiot. Educate yourself, seriously.
Listen carefully, THERE ARE ALREADY WOMEN IN THE MILITARY WHO ARE TRAINED THE SAME. WHY would the standards have to be lowered?
Sorry you let foo talk for you but you are both wrong. I said they aren't on the front lines and you said foo proved me wrong. Want to rethink it?
I said TRAINED THE SAME, not on the front lines. Learn to read, I'm begging you.
bman

Commack, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

Judged:

Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
The fetus is not separate from the woman carrying it. It is part of her body as her body fulfills all requirements necessary to keep fetus alive. Woman dies, fetus usually dies. Woman drinks and drugs, fetus has withdrawals after delivery. Without the woman, there is no fetus. Until the scientists finalize their artificial womb. That day's getting closer, but a different topic altogether.
Not every state recognizes fetal homicide laws. These laws were designed to protect the women who'd lost their wanted pregnancies to a 3rd party. In the past, the lost fetus was not recognized in court and not compensated for if charges were brought up.
You see, women legally have civil rights to personal privacy and bodily autonomy. This allows them to accept or reject their pregnancies and determine their own futures from there.
When a 3rd party comes along and assaults or kills the woman and she loses her pregnancy or her fetus is injured, the courts in the past did not recognize this as a loss. Now they do. And the women or their family members left behind can seek compensation while the 3rd party can be tried and, hopefully, convicted for it.
Why don't you go back and read prior posts? These topics get repeated and cycled every few weeks, months, hell every few hours sometimes.
Fetal homocide law is a federal law.
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unborn_Victims...
If the fetus is apart of the mother, why label it a DOUBLE HOMICIDE?
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

Judged:

LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? Where does your little article make that claim Inkstain?
Oh wait, it DOESNT. You lied as usual.
<quoted text>
Again, your article says nothing of the kind. You're full of crap. Clearly you didn't bother to actually read as usual.
First paragraph

Posted : Sunday Feb 3, 2013 13:53:10 EST

QUANTICO, Va.— The debate over whether women should serve in infantry and other direct ground combat roles has come to this: Are they physically strong enough?

To find out, the military services have launched an extensive effort to verify the specific physical requirements needed to succeed in each of dozens of fields that had been closed to women.

'Been closed to women'

I'm sure bitner can read and understand what the miliatry has to consider for the future.
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

Judged:

LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Women were on the front lines in combat before 2003.
http://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/2013/01...
"When Gen. Martin Dempsey, then commander of the 1st Armored Division, arrived in Baghdad in 2003, he jumped into a Humvee, tapped the turret gunner on the leg and asked, "Who are you?" The gunner assigned to protect him replied, "I'm Amanda."
Dempsey, now chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, says that was the moment he "realized something had changed, and it was time to do something about it."
http://www.ibtimes.com/women-combat-now-its-o...
"Women In Combat: Now It's Official, But They Were Already Fighting"

"Stationed in the Iraqi city of Baiji, about 130 miles north of Baghdad, Army National Guard Sergeant Carolyn Schapper was an outlier: the only woman in a house with 20 men. But that didn’t mean a thing when it came to carrying out her assigned missions.
Schapper went on about 200 combat patrols during the year she was stationed in Iraq, from 2005 to 2006. Her vehicle was twice hit by improvised explosive devices, or IEDs. Mortars and rockets struck her army base several times."
"Women in the U.S. military have been putting their lives on the line for decades; they currently make up about 20 percent of the national armed forces. Of the approximately 280,000 females who have been deployed in Iraq and Afghanistan in the past 12 years, 152 have died and at least 800 have been wounded."
"Havrilla was deployed in Afghanistan from Sept. 2006 to Sept. 2007, where she was an Explosive Ordinance Disposal Technician.
“I took care of IEDs for a living,” she said.“I saw combat repeatedly. I went outside the wires six or seven days a week. I was in a couple of firefights; I was hit by IEDs multiple times. We spent days on end near the border with Pakistan engaged in missions. If that’s not a front-line experience, I don’t know what is.”
As usual, Inkstain doesn't have a damn clue what she's babbling about.
We know that they drive trucks. For God's sake stop being so stupid.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

Judged:

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
It is also a little unnerving to think that if your mother felt she could kill her child it could have just as easily been you.
You two have overactive imaginations. AND you two are the ones being overly emotional, as you accuse US of being.

My mother was pro-choice, and it bothered me not at all. I'm pro-choice, and it bothers my children not at all.
bman

Commack, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

Judged:

Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
You've got it backwards. The very same thing that means we cannot own another person's body means that we cannot own another person's reproductive organs.
Really, we can't? So please explain to me why we can't legally allow a woman's reproductive organs removed? Isn't that also controlling her body?
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
I said TRAINED THE SAME, not on the front lines. Learn to read, I'm begging you.
Now you are agreeing that women are not on the front lines but they are trained the same as the men who are in combat.

If taht makes sense to you, we leave it there.
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

that

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

Judged:

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes you did. You need to do something about your memory.
Judged:
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
That's not true. As of now they aren't on the front lines and under the same rigorous training. That's what all the discussion is about, whether or not the standards will be lowered for women. Do you think they should be adjusted for women?
YOU SAID
Foo just proved you wrong on the training, Idiot. Educate yourself, seriously.
Listen carefully, THERE ARE ALREADY WOMEN IN THE MILITARY WHO ARE TRAINED THE SAME. WHY would the standards have to be lowered?
Sorry you let foo talk for you but you are both wrong. I said they aren't on the front lines and you said foo proved me wrong. Want to rethink it?
I did prove you wrong moron.

Bitner said I proved you wrong "on the training" and I did. She didn't say shit about "the front lines".

I also proved you wrong about women being on the front lines, they are and have been for years.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

Judged:

bman wrote:
<quoted text>
Really, we can't? So please explain to me why we can't legally allow a woman's reproductive organs removed? Isn't that also controlling her body?
Are you suggesting that a woman can't legally have a hysterectomy?

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

Judged:

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Now you are agreeing that women are not on the front lines but they are trained the same as the men who are in combat.
<Sigh>, no, that's not what I'm saying. I'm saying you've been misquoting me again.
Katie

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
You are the one complaining about all your setbacks and passovers due to being a woman. Make up your mind.
What? I'm complaining? Is that how you take in other people's information/reality? In such a negative light you may as well as heard ocean waves drowning out all sound?

:(

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
We know that they drive trucks. For God's sake stop being so stupid.
WTF are you talking about Inkstain?

YOU are the one being stupid.

The first article is about a turret gunner, NOT a truck driver, and the second article is about a woman that disposes IED's.

Even if they're talking about truck drivers, WHERE DO YOU THINK THEY'RE DRIVING you fking moron?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
First paragraph
Posted : Sunday Feb 3, 2013 13:53:10 EST
QUANTICO, Va.— The debate over whether women should serve in infantry and other direct ground combat roles has come to this: Are they physically strong enough?
To find out, the military services have launched an extensive effort to verify the specific physical requirements needed to succeed in each of dozens of fields that had been closed to women.
'Been closed to women'
I'm sure bitner can read and understand what the miliatry has to consider for the future.
The first paragraph doesn't say that they're not on the front lines as you claimed you idiot.

You said:

" The Marines don't seem to be aware that women are fighting on the front lines."

The first line doesn't say shit about that.

@@ They're talking about SPECIFIC FIELDS THAT HAVE BEEN CLOSED TO WOMEN you moron. NOT that they're not on the front lines, as I've proven they are with MANY links.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
I did prove you wrong moron.
Bitner said I proved you wrong "on the training" and I did. She didn't say shit about "the front lines".
I also proved you wrong about women being on the front lines, they are and have been for years.
I call bullsh*t on her claim to family members in the military. She seems very ignorant on the subject, especially basic training.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
No, that's NOT what she's agreeing to you dolt.

Seriously, can you read and comprehend above a 4th grade level?

Women and men going to Afghanistan are trained the exact same way. The DIFFERENCES are in SPECIALTY FIELDS you jackass.
bman

Commack, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

Judged:

Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you suggesting that a woman can't legally have a hysterectomy?
No beyond that. Why not allow them to remove their, well I don't want to say it, but you get the picture. It's HER body, right?

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

Judged:

bman wrote:
<quoted text>
No beyond that. Why not allow them to remove their, well I don't want to say it, but you get the picture. It's HER body, right?
You're going to have to say it, otherwise no one knows wtf you're babbling about?

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

Judged:

LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
No, that's NOT what she's agreeing to you dolt.
Seriously, can you read and comprehend above a 4th grade level?
Women and men going to Afghanistan are trained the exact same way. The DIFFERENCES are in SPECIALTY FIELDS you jackass.
Exactly. And those have nothing to do with whether or not a woman can march with a heavy backpack, or move an injured person.
Katie

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 28, 2013

Susanm wrote:
<quoted text>
"Too many stories of CPS wanting to preserve "intact families" only for the little one to get killed not long after. Or lost altogether in the system ... only years later to discover kid went missing from school, from the neighborhood, folks up and moved... and viola! Now childless.
A local story here highlighted how an aunt, who became guardian after her sister's death, had abused and neglected her niece horribly. CPS had been made aware, but said their hands were tied because the aunt moved or said she was changing schools or whatever excuse she used. It was disgusting. She poked needles into her niece's eyes. But CPS said their hands were tied."
The CPS workers that knew about this, and did nothing, should be held responsible. I hope that that girl was finally removed from that home.
That girl was rescued, removed, and sued. And won.
"I don't think you can rightly blame Gosnell's horrors on the abortion procedure or laws. I think it all comes down to someone not doing their job properly."
I disagree. The people who inspected Gosnell's "clinic" and did nothing to stop him, the inspectors that failed to inspect his "clinic", and the govnor who told them to ignore the laws should be charged as accessories to the crimes, just as the priests that allowed the child abusses to continue should be charges along with the abusers.
I say it all comes down to someone not doing their job properly. You disagree. Then you list all the people who didn't do their jobs properly.

Does that make any sense?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 273,381 - 273,400 of304,890
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent NCAA Basketball Discussions

Search the NCAA Basketball Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 17 min Yeah 1,071,605
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 22 min Lucifes begotten Son 223,060
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 7 hr PEE PEE PETE 26,611
Do you need a loan of any kind?we will be very ... (Aug '13) Jul 7 mutedo 2
Best Logo in the America East Jul 3 Mike Sivo 1
How to recover lost data from iPhone/iPad/iPod- Jul 2 Kelly 6
Antwon White - Guilty (Sep '07) Jul 2 the system smh 21
•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••