Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 312852 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#290874 Mar 27, 2013
Susanm wrote:
<quoted text>
You go girl!!! I'm glad that you had such wonderful parents!!
So am I LOL! I've thought about taking what I know and seeing if I cant contact other members of their family, but the older I get, the less I need to know those things. I have a wonderful family, and simply am not inclined to go search out people I have no connection to other than blood.

I know not everyone feels that way. I have a good friend that after her adoptive parents died, she DID go on a search for her birth family, and it really didn't turn out so well. I know another guy who has some medical issues, and is doing a search to find out what other issues he might have as he gets older - or that his daughter might inherit, not becuase he wants to - as he puts it -'go find some poor woman and say 'hi I'm your long lost son you gave up', but because there is a legitimate need for that medical information only the birth relatives will have.

I've met others that want to know if they have siblings. But I've only rarely (once) met anyone that had a screwed up adoptive family and wants to search out their birth family becasue they were "missing out on something". It simply doesn't happen that way for many that I've met OR heard of.
Katie

Auburn, WA

#290875 Mar 27, 2013
bman wrote:
<quoted text>
There's no difference between induced and spontaneous abortion? That's like saying that there's no difference between dying naturally or dying by getting killed. I don't care how many fertilized eggs don't implant because its natural. Please, stop sugar coating abortion as if it is like a miscarriage. Abortion is unnatural and you know it. Abortion can be regulated, miscarriages cannot.
Yes, induced abortion can be regulated until some dumbasses decide it needs to be criminalized and then it's no longer regulated. Better watch what you wish for, Sherlock.

Location hidden

#290876 Mar 27, 2013
bman wrote:
<quoted text>
Really, it's her body part?
Learn to read dipshit. I said its "part of her body", as in ATTACHED.
So tell me another "body part", except the fetus, that can leave a woman's body after about 9 months. Is there also a body part like the fetus that has it's own brain, heart, etc? If a fetus is part of a woman's body then why can't she have the right to keep it in her uterus after 9 months? After all, she can control whats HER body, right?
Wow. You're VERY stupid and melodramatic.

Yes dear, its PART OF HER BODY. No woman's body, no fetus. In fact, without being a PART of her body, it wouldn't even survive as a zygote, except perhaps in a petri dish.

Really dear, if you need these very basic FACTS explained to you in such detail, you're MUCH too stupid to be part of a discussion on the issue.

Since: Feb 07

Location hidden

#290877 Mar 27, 2013
I wonder why the major news stations aren't covering the Gosnell trial. We heard a lot about Michael Vick and his dog fighting ad nauseum. There's a lot of coverage about Lindsay Lohan and her legal battles. There's plenty of coverage about Jodi Arias. Why are't the women and children that Gosnell killed important enough for the news to report on that trial?
Katie

Auburn, WA

#290878 Mar 27, 2013
Susanm wrote:
<quoted text>
Hahaha, Gosnell has been practicing right under the noses of the pro"choice" folks, and they did NOTHING to protect the women who went to his "clinic". As a matter of fact they ENABLED him to continue to kill.
Talk about reaching. Your state failed. Big time. For decades.
You can't in any way blame that on "pro'choice' folks". Those enabling Gosnell are those who didn't do their jobs. Same as the CPS workers whose "kids" get killed by their abusive parents/family members after being sent home or never taken out to begin with.

Why didn't you respond to my first to you telling you to F off? Did it not show up?
bman

Commack, NY

#290879 Mar 27, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, induced abortion can be regulated until some dumbasses decide it needs to be criminalized and then it's no longer regulated. Better watch what you wish for, Sherlock.
Why do you think I said regulated in the first place? There are exceptions such as the life of the mother. The problem is, there are no regulations in some states. Some women are allowed to have an abortion just for the fun of it. Do you think that's okay?

Location hidden

#290880 Mar 27, 2013
Susanm wrote:
<quoted text>
Hahaha, Gosnell has been practicing right under the noses of the pro"choice" folks, and they did NOTHING to protect the women who went to his "clinic". As a matter of fact they ENABLED him to continue to kill.
LEts be fair Sue, he did it under the noses of MANY people, not just pro-choice folks.

There was a hell of a lot of people that dropped the ball on this murderer over the years. Certainly there's LOTS of blame to spread around.

I'm shocked that pro-life folks didn't figure out something was drastically wrong. I admit to wondering why his clinic wasn't being prayed and protested at. Guess the neighborhood wasn't "white" enough, y'know?

Its kind of ironic really that when the extremist protesters COULD have actually done something decent for a change, if they'd caught on or went after him with the dilligance they went after Tiller ...

Why wasn't the likes of Skanky and HER ilk praying and protesting in front of his clinic?

Please know I'm not trying to start an argument here with you or with anyone for that matter, just showing that there's a whole lot of way's this was "allowed" to keep happening, and a whole lot of the reason was that the neighborhood and the people weren't "important enough" to protect to begin with.

SOCIETY let these women down, NOT just 'pro-choicer's'.

Lets face it, Gosnell wouldn't have gotten away with this in any neighborhood that wasn't part of what was known to be a slum, and if he didn't prey on women that were not English speaking illegals or otherwise terribly beaten down in one way or another by life. Oh and lets not forget his thriving drug trade that is what FINALLY got him caught. Its not like the guy was legitimate in ANY way, shape or form.

G'nite all.
Katie

Auburn, WA

#290881 Mar 27, 2013
bman wrote:
<quoted text>
Notice how you said unwanted/unhealthy pregnancy as if they were the same thing. Again you're comparing apples with oranges. You really seem to like statistics so let me give you one that you might be able to understand. Less than 2 percent of abortions are from rape, incest or the life of the mother. So i guess you're okay with the other 98 percent as well. Yes, you're right abortion is legal in the US. Again, so was slavery and many people felt that owning a slave was a right. You're right I can't control what other women can do with their pregnancies. I also can't control how other women can drive, vote, etc. But the government can force a woman to pay her taxes, is that fair? By the way you were once that Tic Tac. It may seem insignificant but it was the start of a miraculous process.

Only a fool compares a medical procedure to slavery or Nazi Germany. So let's just head you off at the pass.

Abortion, in the USA, was not only legal, but advertised when the Constitution was being drawn up. It was performed by midwives and other women just as childbirth and other "women's issues" were dealt with. Physicians didn't have a clue regarding female anatomy. That includes females' ability to be aroused and respond sexually. Physicians even into the early 20th century believed women incapable of enjoying relations in a manner similar to their own. Physicians were male, don't forget.

They got a bee in their bonnets during the 19th century and decided they wanted to learn more about the female anatomy. And they began pushing to criminalize abortion, began overseeing childbirth and other "women's issues" in order to learn. About a hundred years following this, it was physicians who determined induced abortion should be legal, and performed safely in a medical setting by physicians.

There is no comparison with slavery, unless you admit you want to enslave women to their pregnancies regardless of the effects on them, their lives, their families.

Your history lesson is over now. Please work ahead.
bman

Commack, NY

#290882 Mar 27, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Learn to read dipshit. I said its "part of her body", as in ATTACHED.
<quoted text>
Wow. You're VERY stupid and melodramatic.
Yes dear, its PART OF HER BODY. No woman's body, no fetus. In fact, without being a PART of her body, it wouldn't even survive as a zygote, except perhaps in a petri dish.
Really dear, if you need these very basic FACTS explained to you in such detail, you're MUCH too stupid to be part of a discussion on the issue.
Ever heard of sarcasm dumbass? I was asking those questions because I knew your statement of the fetus being PART of a woman's BODY (aka body part) was nonsense. My sarcasm was to prove how your argument carries little weight. If someone kills a pregnant woman and her fetus, why is that considered a double homicide? Please explain of you can.

Location hidden

#290883 Mar 27, 2013
Susanm wrote:
I wonder why the major news stations aren't covering the Gosnell trial. We heard a lot about Michael Vick and his dog fighting ad nauseum. There's a lot of coverage about Lindsay Lohan and her legal battles. There's plenty of coverage about Jodi Arias. Why are't the women and children that Gosnell killed important enough for the news to report on that trial?
Nope, they're not sensational enough sadly.

Ummm......who's Jodi Arias?? And Lindsay Lohan.@@ Another Anna Nichole Smith, with less charisma.

Is there local coverage at least Sue? I've been trying to keep abreast of it just in the printed media.

Location hidden

#290884 Mar 27, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Talk about reaching. Your state failed. Big time. For decades.
You can't in any way blame that on "pro'choice' folks". Those enabling Gosnell are those who didn't do their jobs. Same as the CPS workers whose "kids" get killed by their abusive parents/family members after being sent home or never taken out to begin with.
Why didn't you respond to my first to you telling you to F off? Did it not show up?
" Your state failed. Big time."

You're right, it did, Why? Because the pro"choice" govenor thought that it would be putting up a barrior for women.

"You can't in any way blame that on "pro'choice' folks"."

Why didn't The NATIONAL ABORTION FEDERATION report his a$$?

"Those enabling Gosnell are those who didn't do their jobs."

Yup, the Dept of Health, under the direction of the pro"choice" govenor, didn't conduct regular inspections, and the NAF saw what was going on AND DID NOTHING.

"Why didn't you respond to my first to you telling you to F off? Did it not show up?"

I ignored your tantrum.
Katie

Auburn, WA

#290885 Mar 27, 2013
bman wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you think I said regulated in the first place? There are exceptions such as the life of the mother. The problem is, there are no regulations in some states. Some women are allowed to have an abortion just for the fun of it. Do you think that's okay?
No I don't think that's okay. Nor do I think it's accurate. But you believe what you want because you will anyway.
The Prince

Allentown, PA

#290886 Mar 27, 2013
Susanm wrote:
<quoted text>
In a perfect world, every child would be born to two parents who would love, care for, protect, and teach them. But this is hardly a perfect world. There are many children that are raised by someone other than their parents and the children are happy, healthy, and well adjusted. At times this is an absolute necessity for the good of the child. The most important thing is "what" the child is raised with (love, discipline, protection, guidence, etc) as opposed to "who" does the raising.
Another proabortion pagn weighs in, what else is new? No doubt a lesbian as well. Most of you are.

Location hidden

#290887 Mar 27, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
LEts be fair Sue, he did it under the noses of MANY people, not just pro-choice folks.
There was a hell of a lot of people that dropped the ball on this murderer over the years. Certainly there's LOTS of blame to spread around.
I'm shocked that pro-life folks didn't figure out something was drastically wrong. I admit to wondering why his clinic wasn't being prayed and protested at. Guess the neighborhood wasn't "white" enough, y'know?
Its kind of ironic really that when the extremist protesters COULD have actually done something decent for a change, if they'd caught on or went after him with the dilligance they went after Tiller ...
Why wasn't the likes of Skanky and HER ilk praying and protesting in front of his clinic?
Please know I'm not trying to start an argument here with you or with anyone for that matter, just showing that there's a whole lot of way's this was "allowed" to keep happening, and a whole lot of the reason was that the neighborhood and the people weren't "important enough" to protect to begin with.
SOCIETY let these women down, NOT just 'pro-choicer's'.
Lets face it, Gosnell wouldn't have gotten away with this in any neighborhood that wasn't part of what was known to be a slum, and if he didn't prey on women that were not English speaking illegals or otherwise terribly beaten down in one way or another by life. Oh and lets not forget his thriving drug trade that is what FINALLY got him caught. Its not like the guy was legitimate in ANY way, shape or form.
G'nite all.
"LEts be fair Sue, he did it under the noses of MANY people, not just pro-choice folks.
There was a hell of a lot of people that dropped the ball on this murderer over the years. Certainly there's LOTS of blame to spread around."

Absolutely.

"I'm shocked that pro-life folks didn't figure out something was drastically wrong. I admit to wondering why his clinic wasn't being prayed and protested at. Guess the neighborhood"

I'm shocked and disgusted that the NAF did not report what they found. Aren't they supposed to all about "safe" abortions?

"Its not like the guy was legitimate in ANY way, shape or form."

One question-why would the NAF inspect an illegal "clinic"?
bman

Commack, NY

#290888 Mar 27, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
No I don't think that's okay. Nor do I think it's accurate. But you believe what you want because you will anyway.
No, there are women who have had abortions just for the fun of it.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12200...
So I guess we need abortion regulations, right?

Location hidden

#290889 Mar 27, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope, they're not sensational enough sadly.
Ummm......who's Jodi Arias?? And Lindsay Lohan.@@ Another Anna Nichole Smith, with less charisma.
Is there local coverage at least Sue? I've been trying to keep abreast of it just in the printed media.
"Jodi Arias"

She's the nutjob that killed her husband.

"Lindsay Lohan"

An actress who has been in and out of jail for the last several years.

"Is there local coverage at least Sue? I've been trying to keep abreast of it just in the printed media."

Very little in some of the local Philadelphia papers. It doesn't surprise me really, the news stations tend to be very liberal, they don't want any "bad" press about abortion.
Katie

Auburn, WA

#290890 Mar 27, 2013
bman wrote:
<quoted text>
Ever heard of sarcasm dumbass? I was asking those questions because I knew your statement of the fetus being PART of a woman's BODY (aka body part) was nonsense. My sarcasm was to prove how your argument carries little weight. If someone kills a pregnant woman and her fetus, why is that considered a double homicide? Please explain of you can.

The fetus is not separate from the woman carrying it. It is part of her body as her body fulfills all requirements necessary to keep fetus alive. Woman dies, fetus usually dies. Woman drinks and drugs, fetus has withdrawals after delivery. Without the woman, there is no fetus. Until the scientists finalize their artificial womb. That day's getting closer, but a different topic altogether.

Not every state recognizes fetal homicide laws. These laws were designed to protect the women who'd lost their wanted pregnancies to a 3rd party. In the past, the lost fetus was not recognized in court and not compensated for if charges were brought up.

You see, women legally have civil rights to personal privacy and bodily autonomy. This allows them to accept or reject their pregnancies and determine their own futures from there.

When a 3rd party comes along and assaults or kills the woman and she loses her pregnancy or her fetus is injured, the courts in the past did not recognize this as a loss. Now they do. And the women or their family members left behind can seek compensation while the 3rd party can be tried and, hopefully, convicted for it.

Why don't you go back and read prior posts? These topics get repeated and cycled every few weeks, months, hell every few hours sometimes.

Location hidden

#290892 Mar 27, 2013
The Prince wrote:
<quoted text>
Another proabortion pagn weighs in, what else is new? No doubt a lesbian as well. Most of you are.
Are you really this stupid, or do you just play stupid on a message board?
Katie

Auburn, WA

#290893 Mar 27, 2013
bman wrote:
<quoted text>
No, there are women who have had abortions just for the fun of it.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12200...
So I guess we need abortion regulations, right?
Where are the other women?? She's one, an anomaly. We've discussed her beyond necessary. She, imo, is like a female version of Gosnell. Abhorrent.
Katie

Auburn, WA

#290894 Mar 27, 2013
Susanm wrote:
<quoted text>
" Your state failed. Big time."
You're right, it did, Why? Because the pro"choice" govenor thought that it would be putting up a barrior for women.
"You can't in any way blame that on "pro'choice' folks"."
Why didn't The NATIONAL ABORTION FEDERATION report his a$$?
"Those enabling Gosnell are those who didn't do their jobs."
Yup, the Dept of Health, under the direction of the pro"choice" govenor, didn't conduct regular inspections, and the NAF saw what was going on AND DID NOTHING.
"Why didn't you respond to my first to you telling you to F off? Did it not show up?"
I ignored your tantrum.
I'm not having a tantrum. Usually when I tell people to F off, they listen. Not you, though. Guess you really like me after all.

I did like what Foo said about society failing those women and allowing Gosnell to continue to operate because he was located in the slums. I've observed inequality based only on poverty or lack thereof. What they say is true. Those with money get most things for free. Those without money pay through the nose for basics. It's ridiculous.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min Yeah 1,460,124
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 15 hr Pete_Carroll 32,616
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 15 hr _Susan_ 258,042
News Western Michigan heads to Illinois as a favorite Wed Go Blue Forever 59
legitimate loan lender (Oct '13) Dec 5 Yin 17
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) Nov 28 Local Warming 10,371
Should child beauty pageants be banned? (Sep '14) Nov 22 Heatherfeather 780
More from around the web