Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Comments (Page 13,660)

Showing posts 273,181 - 273,200 of305,072
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Katie

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

sasylicious wrote:
<quoted text> Whay does this ^^ have to do with what she said? Elise made a claim that "all" women have experienced sexism. She blamed all her rejection of jobs and less pay on it. I've never experienced that so she is wrong.
Is there sexism in the world? Yes. Do ALL experience it like she claimed? No.
You may find the sexism you've experienced acceptable. Some are raised to accept it as much as sunshine. Some are raised to determine for themselves what they find tolerant and what they don't. To create boundaries. To have these boundaries respected.

What did my post have to do with Elise's and Ink's? I've experienced some of what elise posted about even with a similar work history Ink boasted about (all while separating herself from elise's claims).

In the '70s, my mom had to fight for a credit card in her own name. She was a professional, owned her own house and her own car. Still she was denied because she was a woman. You can thank her for your ability to have a credit card in your own name (without your husband's permission or approval) even while acting so ungrateful for it.

You think Ink ever fought for her own credit card in her own name independent of her husband?
Katie

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

sasylicious wrote:
<quoted text>If there is in fact a draft then are you going to fight for equality?(women being forced to enlist)?
What's the matter, JM? You don't want to see women forced to enlist in the military? Just like I don't want to see women forced to carry and unwanted/unhealthy pregnancy?

(ink ignored this yesterday... will you, too?)

Since: Jun 08

Atrisco Village

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Really how? You have been reading too many 'women victim books'. I'm sorry that you have been badly treated but don't speak for the rest of us.
Some of us really do control our own lives.
I have control of my life because I have faced the challenges and overcome them. Maybe you have to get all of your information about us women who live in the world from books, but I actually have lived out here. Where the hell have you been, milque toast?

Atrisco Village

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Avon?
Amway?
Mary Kay?
Transcriber?
Typist?
Author?
Accountant?
I've worked from home. I'm still an independent contractor. Responsible for everything. Including my taxes and benefits. No employer to match me.
But I'm not every woman claiming my way is better than anyone else's. My way is better for me, though. Better for my kids. It allowed me to be home when they came home from school.
Surely you'd approve.
:|
You can bet she'd change her tune about us lowly employees, if we didn't exist. The woman is an ass.
Katie

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>You can bet she'd change her tune about us lowly employees, if we didn't exist. The woman is an ass.
An amoeba on a flea on an ass...

Atrisco Village

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

sasylicious wrote:
<quoted text> Whay does this ^^ have to do with what she said? Elise made a claim that "all" women have experienced sexism. She blamed all her rejection of jobs and less pay on it. I've never experienced that so she is wrong.
Is there sexism in the world? Yes. Do ALL experience it like she claimed? No.
You've never had a career, so the sexism you have experienced isn't the in-your-face variety that we women in the workforce have seen. You are happy to subject yourself to the subtle sexism that you are too brainwashed to recognize. It's cool.If you're happy,don't worry about it.
sasylicious

Jackson, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
You may find the sexism you've experienced acceptable. Some are raised to accept it as much as sunshine. Some are raised to determine for themselves what they find tolerant and what they don't. To create boundaries. To have these boundaries respected.
What did my post have to do with Elise's and Ink's? I've experienced some of what elise posted about even with a similar work history Ink boasted about (all while separating herself from elise's claims).
In the '70s, my mom had to fight for a credit card in her own name. She was a professional, owned her own house and her own car. Still she was denied because she was a woman. You can thank her for your ability to have a credit card in your own name (without your husband's permission or approval) even while acting so ungrateful for it.
You think Ink ever fought for her own credit card in her own name independent of her husband?
Lol what? I never experienced sexism like you suggest so why are you insisting that I have? And that I am"accepting it"? Elise was blaming her job rejections, low paying wages and all on sexism. She then declared ALL women experience it.

Atrisco Village

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

sasylicious wrote:
<quoted text> Stop shifting the blame. Your lists of complaints were most likely caused by something else and not sexism. Perhaps one or two were but that still doesn't give you a reason to act like ALL women "have experienced the same thing".
Relax..You are allowed to disagree with me. You don't have to prove anything to anyone. Be you and be happy.
sasylicious

Jackson, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
What's the matter, JM? You don't want to see women forced to enlist in the military? Just like I don't want to see women forced to carry and unwanted/unhealthy pregnancy?
(ink ignored this yesterday... will you, too?)
I don't want to see ANYONE drafted. Period.

How dare you compare a draft to killing your unwanted offspring/child.

Don't want a child then don't make one. If you did then killing is not a solution.

Weirdo.

Atrisco Village

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Susanm wrote:
<quoted text>
Then stop whining about it.
You're weird. No one is whining. I'm making a statement. Don't like it? That's cool,but you can always ignore my posts.
sasylicious

Jackson, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

Susanm wrote:
<quoted text>
A father is a babysitter now?
Not talking about the parents Sue.

Besides... A mothers role is not the father role...nor is the fathers role the mothers role.
sasylicious

Jackson, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>You've never had a career, so the sexism you have experienced isn't the in-your-face variety that we women in the workforce have seen. You are happy to subject yourself to the subtle sexism that you are too brainwashed to recognize. It's cool.If you're happy,don't worry about it.
LOL at your post. You don't know a thing about me.
Katie

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

sasylicious wrote:
<quoted text> Lol what? I never experienced sexism like you suggest so why are you insisting that I have? And that I am"accepting it"? Elise was blaming her job rejections, low paying wages and all on sexism. She then declared ALL women experience it.
Elise answered Ink's question about her personal experiences. She was not saying every woman experienced what she had, but that every woman has experienced sexism in one form or another. Jeez. You sure mangled that one.

Atrisco Village

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

sasylicious wrote:
<quoted text> You are on here all the time. Especially during a time that you were unemployed. You even suggested having to go on food stamps. Seems to me that you don't really have too much drive in you to make things work. Probably why you've been turned down.
Ummm, for someone who keeps track of my posts, you should know that I work a hospital schedule. Apparently, since you can't keep track,I'm not on here all the time. Lol,you're a dumbass.I like you:)
sasylicious

Jackson, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>Relax..You are allowed to disagree with me. You don't have to prove anything to anyone. Be you and be happy.
You made a false claim. Own it.
Katie

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

sasylicious wrote:
<quoted text> I don't want to see ANYONE drafted. Period.
How dare you compare a draft to killing your unwanted offspring/child.
Don't want a child then don't make one. If you did then killing is not a solution.
Weirdo.
Fn Weirdo. Trying to force women to carry unwanted/unhealthy pregnancies against their will is no different than trying to force American Citizens to follow a draft be they male or female. WTF is wrong with you? You're just an ingrate trying to unravel what the women before had knitted together and all because you think God knitted you in your mother's womb.

:\

Atrisco Village

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

sasylicious wrote:
<quoted text>If there is in fact a draft then are you going to fight for equality?(women being forced to enlist)?
I'll fight against the draft for men and for women. You may not like that answer, but, since I am adamantly oppose to the draft, that's the honest truth.

Atrisco Village

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Elise answered Ink's question about her personal experiences. She was not saying every woman experienced what she had, but that every woman has experienced sexism in one form or another. Jeez. You sure mangled that one.
I also never said that I made low wages. I said that I made less than a man for the same work. She,Ink and Gtown71 just make stuff up to suit their little arguments.

Atrisco Village

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

sasylicious wrote:
<quoted text> LOL at your post. You don't know a thing about me.
Really? Well, I think I made an accurate guess, considering that you always talk about being a stay-at-home mom and never talk about working a job. What kind of work do you do?

Atrisco Village

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

sasylicious wrote:
<quoted text> You made a false claim. Own it.
I disagree. Deals with it.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 273,181 - 273,200 of305,072
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent NCAA Basketball Discussions

Search the NCAA Basketball Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 7 min John Galt 1,078,665
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 7 min Buck Crick 224,012
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 54 min PEE PEE PETE 26,643
urgent loan needed apply now (Sep '13) Jul 20 Danny 2
loan needed (Dec '13) Jul 20 Danny 4
Hairston's bounceback game highlights big day f... Jul 16 Go go d 1
How to recover lost data from iPhone/iPad/iPod- (Jan '14) Jul 15 AnnCarter 8
•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••