Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Comments (Page 13,659)

Showing posts 273,161 - 273,180 of304,942
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Feb 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not the same. Mothers and children miss the boat when mom delegates the nurturing.
So if Mom dies in childbirth her children "miss the boat"?
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

Susanm wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't think there would be someone very important missing from their lives? Why do you think even happy adopted children often search for their mothers? We all do the best we can under the circumstances but yes I would say something is missing.
Katie

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe you were passed up for other reasons.
Being a stay at home mother and able to develop skills that set me on my own business course, I fortunately avoided all that. I haven't had to depend on someone else for my advancement. So you see it doesn't include me or other independant women.
Avon?
Amway?
Mary Kay?
Transcriber?
Typist?
Author?
Accountant?

I've worked from home. I'm still an independent contractor. Responsible for everything. Including my taxes and benefits. No employer to match me.

But I'm not every woman claiming my way is better than anyone else's. My way is better for me, though. Better for my kids. It allowed me to be home when they came home from school.

Surely you'd approve.

:|

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

Carry your own damn load. That's just laziness, princess.

If your "woman parts" are compromised, see a doctor. My mother was 5'4" and weighed 112, and never thought of herself as a usless, weak "girl." She considered that just a way of avoiding personal responsibility. She also managed to raise 7 happy, well-behaved children.
sasylicious wrote:
<quoted text> Absolutely! I am a fairly strong girl but if I need something heavy carried, I will not hesitate to seek out a male to lift it for me. Us women are not built like men plus we have women parts that are compromised. Men and women are different and i don't understand why some women are so insecure that they won't admit this. They even refuse to embrace their feminity. Some find it a burdensome to raise or bear children. It's like a dreaded, unwelcomed experience.
IMO, from what I see,(with proaborts, those who have little or no bond with their moms) women repeat what they lived. I have even heard women claim that they don't want kids in fear that they'll be like their mom. A good friend of mine (older than me) walks on eggshells raising her kids because she sees her mom (who was not affectionate and selfish) in herself. She over does it to prove that shes not. Her kids are spoiled and unhappy unfortunately because of it. She takes blame for not being a stable mom. It's sad because she wants to rid herself of her past and she can't. She had abortions as well. She lives with deep sadness all the time.
sasylicious

Jackson, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

Susanm wrote:
<quoted text>
There are many people who can be nurturers of children, fathers, grandparent, etc...
Have kids...take care of them.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

sasylicious wrote:
<quoted text> Have kids...take care of them.
What?
sasylicious

Jackson, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

cpeter1313 wrote:
Carry your own damn load. That's just laziness, princess.
If your "woman parts" are compromised, see a doctor. My mother was 5'4" and weighed 112, and never thought of herself as a usless, weak "girl." She considered that just a way of avoiding personal responsibility. She also managed to raise 7 happy, well-behaved children.
<quoted text>
What makes you think that I haven't seen a Dr?@@

As I said (which you ignored) I am a strong girl. My boys and husband lift weights. If something is heavy I will not hesitate to ask them to lift it for me. There was a time when I would lift heavy furniture when helping family move. No problem. I have a habit of not realizing that I am not a spring chicken anymore. My mom was very strong as well and her Dr told her to be careful with heavy lifting being a woman.
sasylicious

Jackson, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Avon?
Amway?
Mary Kay?
Transcriber?
Typist?
Author?
Accountant?
I've worked from home. I'm still an independent contractor. Responsible for everything. Including my taxes and benefits. No employer to match me.
But I'm not every woman claiming my way is better than anyone else's. My way is better for me, though. Better for my kids. It allowed me to be home when they came home from school.
Surely you'd approve.
:|
Whay does this ^^ have to do with what she said? Elise made a claim that "all" women have experienced sexism. She blamed all her rejection of jobs and less pay on it. I've never experienced that so she is wrong.

Is there sexism in the world? Yes. Do ALL experience it like she claimed? No.

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

christ who cares
sasylicious

Jackson, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

Susanm wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes they do. Nobody replaces mom. Will a grandparent be the next best thing? Sure.

I think that babysitters raising kids was the point here anyway. A child doesn't get the one on one bonding with mom. That's not beneficial to the child to have a paid employer raising them. No way compares with mom doing it.

Since: Jun 08

Atrisco Village

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Susanm wrote:
<quoted text>
Every man has experienced sexism too, only men have to sign up for the Selective Service and only men can be drafted.
I'm against the draft. I know sexism goes both ways. You're preaching to the choir.
sasylicious

Jackson, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>I know that you want to think that about me, and it's your right to do so. However, you are indisputably mistaken. And, it's a fact that every woman has experienced sexism, whether they know it or not, or, want to acknowledge it, or not. I don't speak for other women, I just know what I know. You are welcome to reject my comments. They will still be accurate.
Stop shifting the blame. Your lists of complaints were most likely caused by something else and not sexism. Perhaps one or two were but that still doesn't give you a reason to act like ALL women "have experienced the same thing".

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

sasylicious wrote:
<quoted text>Yes they do. Nobody replaces mom. Will a grandparent be the next best thing? Sure.
I think that babysitters raising kids was the point here anyway. A child doesn't get the one on one bonding with mom. That's not beneficial to the child to have a paid employer raising them. No way compares with mom doing it.
Babysitters were never part of the conversation.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>I'm against the draft. I know sexism goes both ways. You're preaching to the choir.
Then stop whining about it.
sasylicious

Jackson, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>Sigh.(see my post to sassylicious, above) You've been treated in sexist ways in a myriad of ways, throughout your life. Maybe you condone that, but sexism doesn't hinge on your perception of your treatment or of your reaction to it. Sexism is in the minds and behaviors of the perpetrators, not of the subjects.
You are on here all the time. Especially during a time that you were unemployed. You even suggested having to go on food stamps. Seems to me that you don't really have too much drive in you to make things work. Probably why you've been turned down.
sasylicious

Jackson, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Susanm wrote:
<quoted text>
Babysitters were never part of the conversation.
Actually they were. If mom isn't home with her kids then a babysitter is.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

sasylicious wrote:
<quoted text>Actually they were. If mom isn't home with her kids then a babysitter is.
A father is a babysitter now?
sasylicious

Jackson, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Speaking of equal rights...I wonder how many of you who support gay marriage...gays in the military ....are fighting to separate lesbians and gays from sharing living quarters with members of their same sex.
sasylicious

Jackson, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>I'm against the draft. I know sexism goes both ways. You're preaching to the choir.
If there is in fact a draft then are you going to fight for equality?(women being forced to enlist)?

Since: Jun 08

Atrisco Village

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
For all the chest beating about having control over their lives, they are really a bunch of victims in more ways than they know.
I'm not a victim. I'm a survivor. Recognizing our obstacles empowers us, so that we can better overcome them. You chose to avoid the battle in the workplace,altogether. There's nothing wrong with that, but you are a small person to look down your nose at the sisters who don't choose your particular path.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 273,161 - 273,180 of304,942
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••