Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.
Comments
273,161 - 273,180 of 305,445 Comments Last updated 20 min ago
sasylicious

Jackson, NJ

#290768 Mar 27, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
Carry your own damn load. That's just laziness, princess.
If your "woman parts" are compromised, see a doctor. My mother was 5'4" and weighed 112, and never thought of herself as a usless, weak "girl." She considered that just a way of avoiding personal responsibility. She also managed to raise 7 happy, well-behaved children.
<quoted text>
What makes you think that I haven't seen a Dr?@@

As I said (which you ignored) I am a strong girl. My boys and husband lift weights. If something is heavy I will not hesitate to ask them to lift it for me. There was a time when I would lift heavy furniture when helping family move. No problem. I have a habit of not realizing that I am not a spring chicken anymore. My mom was very strong as well and her Dr told her to be careful with heavy lifting being a woman.
sasylicious

Jackson, NJ

#290769 Mar 27, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Avon?
Amway?
Mary Kay?
Transcriber?
Typist?
Author?
Accountant?
I've worked from home. I'm still an independent contractor. Responsible for everything. Including my taxes and benefits. No employer to match me.
But I'm not every woman claiming my way is better than anyone else's. My way is better for me, though. Better for my kids. It allowed me to be home when they came home from school.
Surely you'd approve.
:|
Whay does this ^^ have to do with what she said? Elise made a claim that "all" women have experienced sexism. She blamed all her rejection of jobs and less pay on it. I've never experienced that so she is wrong.

Is there sexism in the world? Yes. Do ALL experience it like she claimed? No.

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#290770 Mar 27, 2013
christ who cares
sasylicious

Jackson, NJ

#290771 Mar 27, 2013
Susanm wrote:
<quoted text>
So if Mom dies in childbirth her children "miss the boat"?
Yes they do. Nobody replaces mom. Will a grandparent be the next best thing? Sure.

I think that babysitters raising kids was the point here anyway. A child doesn't get the one on one bonding with mom. That's not beneficial to the child to have a paid employer raising them. No way compares with mom doing it.

Since: Jun 08

Atrisco Village

#290772 Mar 27, 2013
Susanm wrote:
<quoted text>
Every man has experienced sexism too, only men have to sign up for the Selective Service and only men can be drafted.
I'm against the draft. I know sexism goes both ways. You're preaching to the choir.
sasylicious

Jackson, NJ

#290773 Mar 27, 2013
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>I know that you want to think that about me, and it's your right to do so. However, you are indisputably mistaken. And, it's a fact that every woman has experienced sexism, whether they know it or not, or, want to acknowledge it, or not. I don't speak for other women, I just know what I know. You are welcome to reject my comments. They will still be accurate.
Stop shifting the blame. Your lists of complaints were most likely caused by something else and not sexism. Perhaps one or two were but that still doesn't give you a reason to act like ALL women "have experienced the same thing".

Since: Feb 07

Location hidden

#290774 Mar 27, 2013
sasylicious wrote:
<quoted text>Yes they do. Nobody replaces mom. Will a grandparent be the next best thing? Sure.
I think that babysitters raising kids was the point here anyway. A child doesn't get the one on one bonding with mom. That's not beneficial to the child to have a paid employer raising them. No way compares with mom doing it.
Babysitters were never part of the conversation.

Location hidden

#290775 Mar 27, 2013
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>I'm against the draft. I know sexism goes both ways. You're preaching to the choir.
Then stop whining about it.
sasylicious

Jackson, NJ

#290776 Mar 27, 2013
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>Sigh.(see my post to sassylicious, above) You've been treated in sexist ways in a myriad of ways, throughout your life. Maybe you condone that, but sexism doesn't hinge on your perception of your treatment or of your reaction to it. Sexism is in the minds and behaviors of the perpetrators, not of the subjects.
You are on here all the time. Especially during a time that you were unemployed. You even suggested having to go on food stamps. Seems to me that you don't really have too much drive in you to make things work. Probably why you've been turned down.
sasylicious

Jackson, NJ

#290777 Mar 27, 2013
Susanm wrote:
<quoted text>
Babysitters were never part of the conversation.
Actually they were. If mom isn't home with her kids then a babysitter is.

Location hidden

#290778 Mar 27, 2013
sasylicious wrote:
<quoted text>Actually they were. If mom isn't home with her kids then a babysitter is.
A father is a babysitter now?
sasylicious

Jackson, NJ

#290779 Mar 27, 2013
Speaking of equal rights...I wonder how many of you who support gay marriage...gays in the military ....are fighting to separate lesbians and gays from sharing living quarters with members of their same sex.
sasylicious

Jackson, NJ

#290780 Mar 27, 2013
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>I'm against the draft. I know sexism goes both ways. You're preaching to the choir.
If there is in fact a draft then are you going to fight for equality?(women being forced to enlist)?

Atrisco Village

#290781 Mar 27, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
For all the chest beating about having control over their lives, they are really a bunch of victims in more ways than they know.
I'm not a victim. I'm a survivor. Recognizing our obstacles empowers us, so that we can better overcome them. You chose to avoid the battle in the workplace,altogether. There's nothing wrong with that, but you are a small person to look down your nose at the sisters who don't choose your particular path.
Katie

Spanaway, WA

#290782 Mar 27, 2013
sasylicious wrote:
<quoted text> Whay does this ^^ have to do with what she said? Elise made a claim that "all" women have experienced sexism. She blamed all her rejection of jobs and less pay on it. I've never experienced that so she is wrong.
You may find the sexism you've experienced acceptable. Some are raised to accept it as much as sunshine. Some are raised to determine for themselves what they find tolerant and what they don't. To create boundaries. To have these boundaries respected.

What did my post have to do with Elise's and Ink's? I've experienced some of what elise posted about even with a similar work history Ink boasted about (all while separating herself from elise's claims).

In the '70s, my mom had to fight for a credit card in her own name. She was a professional, owned her own house and her own car. Still she was denied because she was a woman. You can thank her for your ability to have a credit card in your own name (without your husband's permission or approval) even while acting so ungrateful for it.

You think Ink ever fought for her own credit card in her own name independent of her husband?
Katie

Spanaway, WA

#290783 Mar 27, 2013
sasylicious wrote:
<quoted text>If there is in fact a draft then are you going to fight for equality?(women being forced to enlist)?
What's the matter, JM? You don't want to see women forced to enlist in the military? Just like I don't want to see women forced to carry and unwanted/unhealthy pregnancy?

(ink ignored this yesterday... will you, too?)

Atrisco Village

#290784 Mar 27, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Really how? You have been reading too many 'women victim books'. I'm sorry that you have been badly treated but don't speak for the rest of us.
Some of us really do control our own lives.
I have control of my life because I have faced the challenges and overcome them. Maybe you have to get all of your information about us women who live in the world from books, but I actually have lived out here. Where the hell have you been, milque toast?

Atrisco Village

#290785 Mar 27, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Avon?
Amway?
Mary Kay?
Transcriber?
Typist?
Author?
Accountant?
I've worked from home. I'm still an independent contractor. Responsible for everything. Including my taxes and benefits. No employer to match me.
But I'm not every woman claiming my way is better than anyone else's. My way is better for me, though. Better for my kids. It allowed me to be home when they came home from school.
Surely you'd approve.
:|
You can bet she'd change her tune about us lowly employees, if we didn't exist. The woman is an ass.
Katie

Spanaway, WA

#290786 Mar 27, 2013
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>You can bet she'd change her tune about us lowly employees, if we didn't exist. The woman is an ass.
An amoeba on a flea on an ass...

Atrisco Village

#290787 Mar 27, 2013
sasylicious wrote:
<quoted text> Whay does this ^^ have to do with what she said? Elise made a claim that "all" women have experienced sexism. She blamed all her rejection of jobs and less pay on it. I've never experienced that so she is wrong.
You've never had a career, so the sexism you have experienced isn't the in-your-face variety that we women in the workforce have seen. You are happy to subject yourself to the subtle sexism that you are too brainwashed to recognize. It's cool.If you're happy,don't worry about it.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 8 min Thinking 226,286
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 12 min sonicfilter 1,099,888
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 14 hr PEE PEE PETE 27,068
I got my loan from stephenloanhelp@hotmail.com (May '13) Aug 26 RICK SERVICE 29
offer Aug 23 Peter 1
Addition of Emmitt Holt is "Big" for Indiana Aug 23 Mike Williams 1
Ex-Hoosier Zeller embraces NBA learning Aug 23 Mike Williams 1
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

NCAA Basketball People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••