Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Comments (Page 13,653)

Showing posts 273,041 - 273,060 of303,199
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Ocean56

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
Point of fact:
I never claimed that "they" are whores or sluts. I didn't make ANY claims about ANY women. I simply went with YOUR designation of what kind of a woman your mother was.
YOU claimed YOUR mother was a 'ho. Unless she was taking money, she wasn't, but yeah, she likely was a slut if she was bring home "a different man every night" as you claimed.
And the question for me is, are ANY of Gtown's claims true? Every hard-luck (for him) story he tells here seems to be bigger than the previous one. So I've started NOT to believe any of them.

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
No they don't , and it is their legal right, but regardless of how long it's been around. Regardless how many are performed daily,regardless of what anyone calls or names the unborn life within her. the pregnant woman must give the ok to end the life of a human being, in order to Not stay pregnant.
Profound @@

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree bit writes well, and she nor you try and show others your beliefs, since they change at any given time.
I don't blame either of you for not sharing.
Neither one of you know what you believe.
This is a public forum however as you said, and my opinions are just like yours -oponions.
Yet there are somethings that have and will happen, no matter what you or I believe.
My beliefs do not "change at any given time".
Ocean56

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

Gtown71 wrote:
1. My deal is not about women working outside of the home, as much as it is men and women working together and what it has done to the american family, but I geuss that stuff doesn't concern you.
2. I've asked you questions before that you refuse to answer about womens rights, yet you claim to be all about it.
You are one of the rarest pro choice folks on here though, becouse most have either had an experience with abortion, or gay, which I still can't fiquer out.
1. The way I see it, your "deal" is that you don't like progress, and the fact that women are NOT stuck in the home and economically dependent on the man anymore, as many women were in the 1950's and before. Sorry that YOU have such issues with progress and with women having MORE opportunities to be financially independent, but thankfully, that's your problem, not mine.

2. As to your second complaint, I just don't take orders on how to answer posts on this forum. I post as I see fit, and if you don't like my posts, or how I write them, you're free NOT to read them. But I'm not going to change how I post to please YOU or any other anti-choicer here. Make of THAT whatever you want, Gtown. It makes no difference to me.
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Susanm wrote:
<quoted text>
If a draft ever happens again, and women aren't drafted, I wonder if women will be demanding equality and insisting that they be included.....
Why wouldn't they be included?
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree bit writes well, and she nor you try and show others your beliefs, since they change at any given time.
I don't blame either of you for not sharing.
Neither one of you know what you believe.
This is a public forum however as you said, and my opinions are just like yours -oponions.
Yet there are somethings that have and will happen, no matter what you or I believe.
They hate to have a question posed to them. They always respond with,'you're being obtuse' which serves in place of a legitimate answer that could be discussed.
They aren't on here to discuss anything just to relieve their aggressions with insults and and malice towards people who have a different view.
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
My beliefs do not "change at any given time".
Of course not. When everything is subjective to you. Then you don't need a belief.

Since: Feb 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
And you know what? Maybe is is one day in the future - but it would take an act of Congress to change how the draft works, and who would be drafted.
No intelligent person can envision a Congress that would enact a draft women in it.
A volunteer military is a completely different animal than one filled by a military draft.
But if men and women are ever to be considered totally "equal" don't you think that it should?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Since a draft doesn't stop people from volunteering, I doubt it. Women that WANT to volunteer - can, and get whatever duty they qualify for just like the men do.
Hell MEN dont want to BE drafted. Nobody WANTS a draft.
IF a draft ever happened again, women would NOT be drafted, unless congress changes the rules.
With a volunteer military, so long as there's enough troops, there wont be a draft anyway.
Dont get me wrong, I dont WANT to see women drafted, I have a child that would be draft eligible.
But there's enough REAL drama in the world (heck, JUST within the abortion debate) without bitching about pretend drama that's nowhere near being a REAL worry.
But yet men are still required to sign up. In the quest of equality, women should be required as well.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

AyakaNeo wrote:
<quoted text>We won't know until that happens.
My guess is that they won't.
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Susanm wrote:
<quoted text>
But if men and women are ever to be considered totally "equal" don't you think that it should?
Good luck with that rational question. I have been beat over the head for the same concern.

Of course, if you are pro choice you will be well treated.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course not. When everything is subjective to you. Then you don't need a belief.
I never said everything is subjective to me. Stop putting words in my mouth, Dishonest One.

I do have beliefs. Very strong beliefs. I'm just smart enough to understand that they are mine, and not everyone's. And I don't wish to impose them on others.
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
I never said everything is subjective to me. Stop putting words in my mouth, Dishonest One.
I do have beliefs. Very strong beliefs. I'm just smart enough to understand that they are mine, and not everyone's. And I don't wish to impose them on others.
And the reason for that is because everything is subjective.
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Susanm wrote:
<quoted text>
What's to stop the men from protesting about equal rights? If they have to go, so should the girls.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

Susanm wrote:
<quoted text>
My guess? They'll be too busy protesting the draft entirely. Who really wants their sons drafted either?

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
And the reason for that is because everything is subjective.
No. I never said everything is subjective. Why do you lie?

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

Susanm wrote:
<quoted text>
But yet men are still required to sign up. In the quest of equality, women should be required as well.
And Foo never indicated that they shouldn't be. She just said she didn't think it would happen because it would take an act of Congress to change the requirements, and she thinks it's unlikely they will. There's a difference.
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
No. I never said everything is subjective. Why do you lie?
I believe that we have been talking about moral issues for a couple of days now.

Bitner said
There is no one "moral standard". That is the point.

Morals are subjective, not objective, and relative to the person/group holding them
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
And Foo never indicated that they shouldn't be. She just said she didn't think it would happen because it would take an act of Congress to change the requirements, and she thinks it's unlikely they will. There's a difference.
While you and foo were sleeping activist.com

Monday, February 18, 2013Reinstate Military Draft Bill Introduced to Include All Women
Activist Post

Rep. Charlie Rangel (D-NY) wants all Americans to serve their government, including women. On Friday he introduced one bill that would reinstate the draft and another that would require all women to register for Selective Service as well.

Rangel introduced the The National Universal Service Act (H.R. 747) for the sixth time since first being proposed in 2003 during the Iraq war. H.R 747 "would require 30 million people in the United States between the ages of 18 and 25 to perform two years of national service in either the armed services or in civilian life."

Rangel also introduced the All American Selective Service Act (H.R. 748) which requires all women to enroll in the Selective Service System. This would essentially double the number of registrants. The current law requires only men ages 18 to 25 to register, leaving approximately only 13.5 million in the registry.

"Now that women can serve in combat they should register for the Selective Service alongside their male counterparts," said Rangel in a statement. "Reinstating the draft and requiring women to register for the Selective Service would compel the American public to have a stake in the wars we fight as a nation. We must question why and how we go to war, and who decides to send our men and women into

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe that we have been talking about moral issues for a couple of days now.
Bitner said
There is no one "moral standard". That is the point.
Morals are subjective, not objective, and relative to the person/group holding them
That's right. But that in no way implies that I don't have beliefs, or that I said that EVERYTHING is subjective.

If you can't quote me correctly, don't bother at all, Dishonest One.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 273,041 - 273,060 of303,199
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent NCAA Basketball Discussions

Search the NCAA Basketball Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 5 min Eleanor Beaver 1,033,309
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 19 min Eagle 12 216,685
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 1 hr Trojan 26,090
Syracuse basketball: Jim Boeheim tells ESPN Tyl... Apr 14 Lenox Da Kid 2
loan offer (Jun '13) Apr 14 Bryan Cranston 81
Burke Calls Shots With The Best (Feb '08) Apr 12 maryann 19
Do you hate UK Wildcats, we DO :-) (Apr '11) Apr 12 plenty 49
•••
•••