Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 310999 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

feces for jesus

Brooklyn, NY

#290679 Mar 27, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
And the reason for that is because everything is subjective.
Exactly; which is why we all perceive god differently. It is unfortunate that most fundies on here are not tolerant to anything that is different than their rigid, religious beliefs. Take Sassy; always thinking she speaks on behalf of God. Quite arrogant to expect the world to conform to your own, subjective beliefs.
sasylicious

Jackson, NJ

#290680 Mar 27, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
WTF are you babbling about Gtown?
Are YOU going to try to claim that its less devistating for a mother to watch her military son go to war, than it would be for her military daughter? That the son's are more expendible than the daughters, because that's what Inkstain is suggesting with her stupid comment.
It's not less "devastating" for a mother to watch her military son go to war than her military daughter. If they are military,then they CHOSE it. Unfortunately,many enlist to escape dysfunctional families,...searching for belonging. That is not for the right reason.

A draft is a totally different story. It's not a choice either way.

Women and men are different. It is more than a penis vs vagina. Women don't belong on the front lines. MOST women anyway,not women like you who have identity issues and act the male.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#290681 Mar 27, 2013
sasylicious wrote:
<quoted text> If a mother wants her offspring then the baby "deserves" compassion and protection but if not,then according to you,"it" doesn't "deserve" compassion. You then proudly march mom in to kill that undeserving offspring.
You think that you're a good person. You're not.You're demented.
It's ALL about what YOU say. You don't have a compassionate bone in your body.
Keep pretending that you do,one of these days,you just MIGHT start to believe it.
Skankdawg, a fetus only "deserves" what the woman who's pregnant decides it deserves.

Its not about the word "deserves", its about the words "medical choice".
STO

Vallejo, CA

#290682 Mar 27, 2013
-Michelle- wrote:
<quoted text>
OMG, old school is right. You just don't mess with grandma's. It don't matter whose grandma it is. I'm friends with a Sicilian guy and his Nonna is a scream. I have learned the hard way that Sicilian grandma's and Mexican grandma's have a lot in common. They know how to throw down in the kitchen and they know how to throw a punch, ROFLMAO!!
My other gramma would just point at you. Follow you with that finger around the room and a very stern face. Not say a word. I don't recall her ever spanking us. She'd do it to the pets, too. They didn't like it, either. lol
feces for jesus

Brooklyn, NY

#290683 Mar 27, 2013
sasylicious wrote:
<quoted text> Women don't belong on the front lines. ESPECIALLY moms who have young children. I think that it is tragic that moms leave their children to go to war.
LOL I can imagine a woman who is on the front lines getting her period,bleeding like a sieve asking for a moment to change her tampon or dealing with PMS.
Perfect example above; sAss believes whatever she belives about this topic..... and thinks she knows what is best for every woman.
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

#290684 Mar 27, 2013
sasylicious wrote:
<quoted text>There are already enlisted men who are forced to serve multiple deployments when they've already done their share.
Exactly. bit and foo don't know that.

Location hidden

#290685 Mar 27, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
The bill drafted by Rangel includes women but I would expect you to be aware of that.
Yes Inkstain, I already knew that. And I already know it will die on the floor, just like the dozens of other bills he's introduced on reinstating the draft you idiot.
sasylicious

Jackson, NJ

#290686 Mar 27, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL, nonsense. There was no "anxiety", no "freaking out", no "emotion" other than amusement.
What exceptions? Did I suggest there should be any exceptions?
Since I don't believe the issue will come up, the question is moot.
You,foo,and many other pro-aborts simply cannot handle dialogue. Your posts reek with anger,frustration and contradiction. Calling people names,attacking,because you disagree is very immature. Over emotional reaction to everything said. My guess is guilt.

Anyway,I am asking you if you think that ALL women should be drafted or do you think exemptions should be made(a young mom,a single mom,etc).
STO

Vallejo, CA

#290687 Mar 27, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
We had time outs (though it wasn't called that.) Neither of our parents believed in spanking or physical punishment, but we did get time to think about what we'd done.
<quoted text>
I think that's the way to go. Works just as well. And taking things away. And TALKING to the kid.

I gotta admit, tho, I don't think I ever got a spankin' I didn't deserve. Few and far between. A pop to get your attention, mostly. Got a good one for lying. Made the the perfect impression!
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

#290688 Mar 27, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL, nonsense. There was no "anxiety", no "freaking out", no "emotion" other than amusement.
What exceptions? Did I suggest there should be any exceptions?
Since I don't believe the issue will come up, the question is moot.
Just because you don't believe something doesn't mean it isn't a potential issue. Last I heard you weren't running things, like the Pentagon

Location hidden

#290689 Mar 27, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Who is going to fight in all these wars that our elected official deem neccessary?
All WHAT wars Inkstain? The two that Bush got us in, that Obama is bringing them home from? What other wars are we involved in that would make a draft necessary?

Or do you think the weight should be carried solely by inlisted men who have to serve multible deployments?
Its a VOLUNTEER MILITARY you moron. Nobody's forcing anyone to ENLIST.

When people stop volunteering, the draft will come into effect IF we end up in a war.

So far, that's not happening, so your hystronics are really meaningless Inkstain.
sasylicious

Jackson, NJ

#290690 Mar 27, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Skankdawg, a fetus only "deserves" what the woman who's pregnant decides it deserves.
Its not about the word "deserves", its about the words "medical choice".
Your first sentence included the word "deserves"....so YEAH,it is(according to your words)about the word "deserves".

@@

Change it to "medical choice" all you want. KILLING a humans life is the description. It all changes at the discrepancy of the mother huh? WANTED=BABY...UNWANTED/PROCHOI CE=MEDICAL CHOICE.

I wasn't aware that my pregnancy was a medical choice. For centuries women birthed in their homes alone...no medical. How DID they survive?

lol

Location hidden

#290691 Mar 27, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I asked the same question at she did.
No you did not Inkstain. Stop lying.
You never have any new information.
Really? I didn't see YOU providing any information about what it would take for women to be drafted: an act of Congress. I didn't see YOU providing the information that since 1979 Rangle has introduced the draft bill almost yearly, only to have it die on the floor.

Hell, I dont see you offering ANYTHING regarding new information, simply moronic blanket statements that are completely incorrect.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#290692 Mar 27, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly. bit and foo don't know that.
Bullsh*t. You've only proven that you didn't understand what I posted. I'm not surprised, as stupid as you are.
STO

Vallejo, CA

#290693 Mar 27, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Well for sure if I was a sto "satans troll online ", then alot more people would like me :)
Like clockwork.

The "don't really wannabe a Christian" goes straight for the Satan card when someone disagrees with him.

LAME, Gtown. It's old and tired, and a complete lie, and you know it. Same ol' same ol'.

Location hidden

#290694 Mar 27, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Lot's of things go nowhere for thirty years or more, then 'progress' makes it feasible.
There has been no progress you idiot. There is no need for a draft, thus no draft will be instituted.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#290695 Mar 27, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Just because you don't believe something doesn't mean it isn't a potential issue. Last I heard you weren't running things, like the Pentagon
Witless, pay attention. Stupid Sassy was asking for my opinion. I gave it.

To repeat, and at least attempt to clarify this for you (hope springs eternal, after all), since I don't believe the draft will be reinstated, the question of exceptions is a moot one.

Location hidden

#290696 Mar 27, 2013
sasylicious wrote:
<quoted text> Gee thanks for educating us on how the draft works. I'm sure we all didn't know until now.
Well you and Inkstain clearly didn't.

Good lord Skanky, its not like you were even alive when the last draft was around, and I guarantee you dont have a clue how it worked during WW2, Korea OR Vietnam. Or why there hasn't been conscription SINCE those conflicts for that matter.
Will you fight for equality when a draft becomes active? Will you demand it?
I will support equality, yes. I do now.

I dont believe we will see a draft in our lifetimes however, unless something were to go drastically wrong in the Middle East or N.Korea, and even then, so long as the volunteer military has enough people in it, there will be no REASON for a draft.

Location hidden

#290697 Mar 27, 2013
sasylicious wrote:
<quoted text> Women don't belong on the front lines.
Thousands of women doing the fighting disagree with you.

Their view has more merit and validity than yours.

ESPECIALLY moms who have young children. I think that it is tragic that moms leave their children to go to war.
Maybe you missed the memo dear. Its a VOLUNTEER MILITARY. Much like women's medical decisions, you dont get a say in what women volunteer to do.
LOL I can imagine a woman who is on the front lines getting her period,bleeding like a sieve asking for a moment to change her tampon or dealing with PMS.
@@ Only an idiot like you would come up with something so stupid and inaine and think its funny.

You certainly deserve the name Skanky.
Katie

Auburn, WA

#290698 Mar 27, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
You are the one who isn't bright enough to know that is the first step in lawmaking and I am positive that neither you nor foo knew the bill was introduced.
It's the 6th time this "first step" has been done since 2003. You quoted it and still write as if it's a foregone conclusion the draft will be implemented again, this time including women.

That comes across as dishonest. You want to discuss, hypothetically, what might happen if the draft was reinstated to include women, say so. But insult people with your BS criticisms. That's no way to open any type of conversation.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min Homer 1,375,203
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 59 min Patrick 254,953
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 13 hr Earthling-1 9,555
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) Mon Trojan 32,248
I got my loan from [email protected] (Jun '13) Apr 28 Ela 38
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Apr 27 Jesse 201,845
News Kenny Drummond's Prep School Thingy (Jan '08) Apr 23 Bret Link 21
More from around the web