Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday 306,979
Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision. Full Story
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

#290607 Mar 27, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree bit writes well, and she nor you try and show others your beliefs, since they change at any given time.
I don't blame either of you for not sharing.
Neither one of you know what you believe.
This is a public forum however as you said, and my opinions are just like yours -oponions.
Yet there are somethings that have and will happen, no matter what you or I believe.
They hate to have a question posed to them. They always respond with,'you're being obtuse' which serves in place of a legitimate answer that could be discussed.
They aren't on here to discuss anything just to relieve their aggressions with insults and and malice towards people who have a different view.
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

#290608 Mar 27, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
My beliefs do not "change at any given time".
Of course not. When everything is subjective to you. Then you don't need a belief.

Since: Feb 07

Location hidden

#290609 Mar 27, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
And you know what? Maybe is is one day in the future - but it would take an act of Congress to change how the draft works, and who would be drafted.
No intelligent person can envision a Congress that would enact a draft women in it.
A volunteer military is a completely different animal than one filled by a military draft.
But if men and women are ever to be considered totally "equal" don't you think that it should?

Location hidden

#290610 Mar 27, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Since a draft doesn't stop people from volunteering, I doubt it. Women that WANT to volunteer - can, and get whatever duty they qualify for just like the men do.
Hell MEN dont want to BE drafted. Nobody WANTS a draft.
IF a draft ever happened again, women would NOT be drafted, unless congress changes the rules.
With a volunteer military, so long as there's enough troops, there wont be a draft anyway.
Dont get me wrong, I dont WANT to see women drafted, I have a child that would be draft eligible.
But there's enough REAL drama in the world (heck, JUST within the abortion debate) without bitching about pretend drama that's nowhere near being a REAL worry.
But yet men are still required to sign up. In the quest of equality, women should be required as well.

Location hidden

#290611 Mar 27, 2013
AyakaNeo wrote:
<quoted text>We won't know until that happens.
My guess is that they won't.
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

#290612 Mar 27, 2013
Susanm wrote:
<quoted text>
But if men and women are ever to be considered totally "equal" don't you think that it should?
Good luck with that rational question. I have been beat over the head for the same concern.

Of course, if you are pro choice you will be well treated.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#290613 Mar 27, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course not. When everything is subjective to you. Then you don't need a belief.
I never said everything is subjective to me. Stop putting words in my mouth, Dishonest One.

I do have beliefs. Very strong beliefs. I'm just smart enough to understand that they are mine, and not everyone's. And I don't wish to impose them on others.
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

#290615 Mar 27, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
I never said everything is subjective to me. Stop putting words in my mouth, Dishonest One.
I do have beliefs. Very strong beliefs. I'm just smart enough to understand that they are mine, and not everyone's. And I don't wish to impose them on others.
And the reason for that is because everything is subjective.
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

#290616 Mar 27, 2013
Susanm wrote:
<quoted text>
What's to stop the men from protesting about equal rights? If they have to go, so should the girls.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#290617 Mar 27, 2013
Susanm wrote:
<quoted text>
My guess? They'll be too busy protesting the draft entirely. Who really wants their sons drafted either?

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#290618 Mar 27, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
And the reason for that is because everything is subjective.
No. I never said everything is subjective. Why do you lie?

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#290619 Mar 27, 2013
Susanm wrote:
<quoted text>
But yet men are still required to sign up. In the quest of equality, women should be required as well.
And Foo never indicated that they shouldn't be. She just said she didn't think it would happen because it would take an act of Congress to change the requirements, and she thinks it's unlikely they will. There's a difference.
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

#290620 Mar 27, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
No. I never said everything is subjective. Why do you lie?
I believe that we have been talking about moral issues for a couple of days now.

Bitner said
There is no one "moral standard". That is the point.

Morals are subjective, not objective, and relative to the person/group holding them
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

#290621 Mar 27, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
And Foo never indicated that they shouldn't be. She just said she didn't think it would happen because it would take an act of Congress to change the requirements, and she thinks it's unlikely they will. There's a difference.
While you and foo were sleeping activist.com

Monday, February 18, 2013Reinstate Military Draft Bill Introduced to Include All Women
Activist Post

Rep. Charlie Rangel (D-NY) wants all Americans to serve their government, including women. On Friday he introduced one bill that would reinstate the draft and another that would require all women to register for Selective Service as well.

Rangel introduced the The National Universal Service Act (H.R. 747) for the sixth time since first being proposed in 2003 during the Iraq war. H.R 747 "would require 30 million people in the United States between the ages of 18 and 25 to perform two years of national service in either the armed services or in civilian life."

Rangel also introduced the All American Selective Service Act (H.R. 748) which requires all women to enroll in the Selective Service System. This would essentially double the number of registrants. The current law requires only men ages 18 to 25 to register, leaving approximately only 13.5 million in the registry.

"Now that women can serve in combat they should register for the Selective Service alongside their male counterparts," said Rangel in a statement. "Reinstating the draft and requiring women to register for the Selective Service would compel the American public to have a stake in the wars we fight as a nation. We must question why and how we go to war, and who decides to send our men and women into

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#290622 Mar 27, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe that we have been talking about moral issues for a couple of days now.
Bitner said
There is no one "moral standard". That is the point.
Morals are subjective, not objective, and relative to the person/group holding them
That's right. But that in no way implies that I don't have beliefs, or that I said that EVERYTHING is subjective.

If you can't quote me correctly, don't bother at all, Dishonest One.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#290623 Mar 27, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
While you and foo were sleeping activist.com
Monday, February 18, 2013Reinstate Military Draft Bill Introduced to Include All Women
Activist Post
Rep. Charlie Rangel (D-NY) wants all Americans to serve their government, including women. On Friday he introduced one bill that would reinstate the draft and another that would require all women to register for Selective Service as well.
Rangel introduced the The National Universal Service Act (H.R. 747) for the sixth time since first being proposed in 2003 during the Iraq war. H.R 747 "would require 30 million people in the United States between the ages of 18 and 25 to perform two years of national service in either the armed services or in civilian life."
Rangel also introduced the All American Selective Service Act (H.R. 748) which requires all women to enroll in the Selective Service System. This would essentially double the number of registrants. The current law requires only men ages 18 to 25 to register, leaving approximately only 13.5 million in the registry.
"Now that women can serve in combat they should register for the Selective Service alongside their male counterparts," said Rangel in a statement. "Reinstating the draft and requiring women to register for the Selective Service would compel the American public to have a stake in the wars we fight as a nation. We must question why and how we go to war, and who decides to send our men and women into
So one man introduced a bill. I already knew that. I have no doubt Foo did as well. How does that refute what I said? Foo didn't say, as Sue implied, that women should not be required to register. And neither of us said that it couldn't happen. Foo just said she doubted it would. BTW, introducing a bill still doesn't make it a foregone conclusion. If you were bright enough to know how laws are made, you'd understand that.
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

#290624 Mar 27, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
That's right. But that in no way implies that I don't have beliefs, or that I said that EVERYTHING is subjective.
If you can't quote me correctly, don't bother at all, Dishonest One.
I posted your own words.

What morals are not subjective in your most humble opinion?
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

#290625 Mar 27, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
So one man introduced a bill. I already knew that. I have no doubt Foo did as well. How does that refute what I said? Foo didn't say, as Sue implied, that women should not be required to register. And neither of us said that it couldn't happen. Foo just said she doubted it would. BTW, introducing a bill still doesn't make it a foregone conclusion. If you were bright enough to know how laws are made, you'd understand that.
You are the one who isn't bright enough to know that is the first step in lawmaking and I am positive that neither you nor foo knew the bill was introduced.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#290626 Mar 27, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I posted your own words.
What morals are not subjective in your most humble opinion?
THAT time you did.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#290627 Mar 27, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
You are the one who isn't bright enough to know that is the first step in lawmaking and I am positive that neither you nor foo knew the bill was introduced.
You are wrong, I already knew about it.

I know how laws are made. You are the one concluding without basis that an introduction of a bill equals a done deal.

That's because you're stupid.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min Donnie 1,153,988
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 12 min Bruin For Life 28,383
What role do you think humans play in global wa... 1 hr LessHypeMoreFact 2,665
Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 1 hr KiMare 201,165
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 1 hr thetruth 232,879
Should child beauty pageants be banned? 2 hr Becky 687
Conn's Appliances (Nov '07) Dec 16 The Real Daniel S... 281
More from around the web