Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Comments (Page 13,648)

Showing posts 272,941 - 272,960 of304,914
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Feb 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2013

Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
History says no such thing. There are many instances of women fighting in history, even leading armies. You are mistaken. Have you forgotten Joan of Arc?
Joan of Arc
huskerlicious

Falls City, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2013

Judged:

LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Yet I AM both a woman AND a mother. AND I served in the military.
That has nothing to do with your stupid comments.
You claimed a woman would be "devistated" to have their daughters go to war, suggesting that they're less "devistated" by their sons going. Clearly you think the sons are expendable and the daughters aren't.
Perhaps its because I grew up in a family where women not only went into the military, but FOUGHT in it in Israel. That's the NORM there. It one of the reasons I went into our military, because I wasn't living in Israel as so many of our family was.
Too many people like you have screwed up idea's about this kind of thing. NOBODY want's their child/spouse/bother/sister/par ent to go to war. It happens. Normal - or to use your word - "sane" people deal with it.
Right.....were you in the services when you were a crankhead?

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2013

Susanm wrote:
<quoted text>
It was quite a while ago, so we will have to agree to disagree.
Okay.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2013

Judged:

Susanm wrote:
<quoted text>
Joan of Arc
Isn't that what I said?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2013

Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Isn't that what I said?
LOL, I didn't even see that until just now. I thought of JOA when I read the first 2 sentences.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2013

Judged:

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't want to get used to the idea of my granddaughters going of to war and frankly,
I dont - NOBODY wants to get used to the idea that ANYONE goes off to war. Your granddaughters are no more important than my grandsons or anyone elses kids or grandkids are or will be.
I don't think moms should be expendable.
But you think dads ARE expendable? Got it Inkstain.

You friggin' idiot.
History says men do the fighting.
History says blacks are slaves, Jews, gypsies, Poles etc.. were inferior and should be put to death, women shouldn't vote, blacks and whites shouldn't marry....

History says a LOT of shit that's wrong.
There is a lot of talk about the draft comming back and women will be included. In fact Panetta former director was just asked about it.
The draft isn't coming back anytime soon. People like you have been dong THE SKY IS FALLING thing since Nam. They talked about it during Grenada, Desert Storm and every other military action in the last 3 decades. Will it come back one day? Maybe. And if women WANT to fight for their country, they should be able to.

The draft isn't being discussed right now. This is about women's ability to VOLUNTEER for service, not be drafted.

Also, just because women may be able to volunteer to fight, doesn't mean they will be drafted.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2013

Judged:

So, who spoke for all men that made the draft universal for all males?
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
I would hate to see women on the front lines, but for certain would hate to see girls being made to go, becouse a few want to stand up and speak for all women.
Most women who scream about womens rights, are not considering that those women can speak for themselves, it is more about control with them.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2013

Judged:

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sorry you are too old to be drafted if what the former sec of defense concerns come true.
SHow us these "concerns" from the Secretary of Defense. I just did a search, and Hagel hasn't said shit about it.

THere's been no conscription since 1973. If it wasn't reinstated after 9/11 when America was actually attacked, it would have to take something SERIOUSLY radical to force a draft again.

Oh and BTW you moron?

CONGRESS would have to change the Military Selective Service Act by extending to women its requirement that all male U.S. citizens and permanent residents register within 30 days of their 18th birthday.

In THIS Congress, its not like ANYTHING is getting done. Your grand-daughters are safe unless they volunteer. Its your grandsons that are screwed.

But hey, you dont care about them. You're "used" to it.

Keep clucking Chicken Little.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2013

Judged:

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>

She is only for choice if it involves the possibility of aborting a fetus.
Stop outright lying Inkstain.

Oh wait - you can't.

Carry on twit.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2013

Judged:

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
That's just a flat out lie. I never said that although that is the norm now.
I never said you said it you ass, LEARN TO READ.

It was the norm THEN too stupid. YOU made the claim that what kids dealt with back then was ""mostly positive", and THAT is a flat out lie.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2013

Judged:

Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Apparently she feels the draft is a foregone conclusion.
And you know what? Maybe is is one day in the future - but it would take an act of Congress to change how the draft works, and who would be drafted.

No intelligent person can envision a Congress that would enact a draft women in it.

A volunteer military is a completely different animal than one filled by a military draft.
Forum

Hobbs, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2013

cpeter1313 wrote:
Fine. Get his ass on the phone.
<quoted text>
He doesn't need a phone.
"Watch for Falling Rocks"

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2013

Judged:

elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>How did you gauge right and wrong before you adopted your new beliefs? I was taught basic ethics by the people who influenced me as a young child. These teachings were reinforced by experience. In my case, I was instilled with a solid set of moral values and had a childhood free of serious mental trauma. Why don't you read a text on human development and psychology?
Okay, that's the end of our interactions. Bubbye.
Exactly Elise. 20 some odd years ago or more *cough* I bought into the whole organized Baptist religion thing. I found myself "hoping" I had pleased God and fearing constantly that I had done something to offend God because there are so many "critics" out there. Most of them were fellow Baptist. Then I took an Ethics class while in Nursing School. Next to Anat & Phys, and Biology, it was one of my favs. Passed it with A's haha. Of course it got controversial at times, but it opened my mind and my eyes. I for one do not need religion to define for me what is morally correct. I think it's natural to know. Comparatively, there are few human beings that absolutely do not know right from wrong.

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2013

LargeLanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
She is a lesbian. Damaged goods. I hate her soul.
Wow.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2013

Judged:

LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
And you know what? Maybe is is one day in the future - but it would take an act of Congress to change how the draft works, and who would be drafted.
No intelligent person can envision a Congress that would enact a draft women in it.
A volunteer military is a completely different animal than one filled by a military draft.
If a draft ever happens again, and women aren't drafted, I wonder if women will be demanding equality and insisting that they be included.....

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2013

Judged:

Susanm wrote:
<quoted text>
Joan of Arc
She's the most well known, but certainly not the only one. Queen Boudicca comes to mind.
STO

Vallejo, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2013

-Michelle- wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, we weren't crazy enough to pull them shenanigans and in the rare event someone lost their marbles and got out of pocket, this is how we got dealt with, lol ... http://youtu.be/aYviBsqwwzE
I got a dishrag snapped upside the head (Oklahoma style).

“GO BLACKHAWKS!!”

Since: Dec 07

Home of Lord Stanley!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2013

Judged:

STO wrote:
<quoted text>
My Grandma was also infamous for giving a pinch on the arm. She'd manage to get a good piece of skin and she had a penchant for doing that shit when we'd be in church. You knew damn well you couldn't scream because if you did, your ass was grass and she was the lawnmower when you got home!! I swear, my Abuelita's a thug! There's nothing funnier than listening to my hardcore beefcake Marine cousins talk about how they'd rather deal with all the craziness that has to do with serving in a war torn country than deal with the wrath of my Gram, LMAO!!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2013

Judged:

Susanm wrote:
<quoted text>
If a draft ever happens again, and women aren't drafted, I wonder if women will be demanding equality and insisting that they be included.....
Since a draft doesn't stop people from volunteering, I doubt it. Women that WANT to volunteer - can, and get whatever duty they qualify for just like the men do.

Hell MEN dont want to BE drafted. Nobody WANTS a draft.

IF a draft ever happened again, women would NOT be drafted, unless congress changes the rules.

With a volunteer military, so long as there's enough troops, there wont be a draft anyway.

Dont get me wrong, I dont WANT to see women drafted, I have a child that would be draft eligible.

But there's enough REAL drama in the world (heck, JUST within the abortion debate) without bitching about pretend drama that's nowhere near being a REAL worry.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2013

STO wrote:
<quoted text>
OMG I'd missed Michelle's post, that was HYSTERICAL!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 272,941 - 272,960 of304,914
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••