Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday 308,952
Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision. Full Story

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#290528 Mar 26, 2013
worships reality wrote:
<quoted text>
don't underestimate yourself. you are more than stupid enough.
Not for that. And no matter what, I'm smarter than the two of you....put together.

Since: Feb 07

Location hidden

#290529 Mar 26, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
You ignored this point earlier today.
No, when it comes to opinion, we don't "need to make sure we're right".
Your religious beliefs are irrelevant to anyone who doesn't share them. So are mine. It's personal.
Every PCer here has been clear that they support choice. There is no "secret" here.
Not one PCer here has ever suggested that doctors should be made to perform elective abortions. Not one. When you have to lie this way, you've already lost the argument, you know.
You're right, you can't legislate morality. However, this statement coming from you contradicts other things you have said. And legislating morality is what the vast majority of anti-choicers are attempting to do in this case.
Given that nearly two-thirds of the country, including some who consider themselves "pro-life" think RvW should be upheld, I'd say it would still be legal if put to the vote. Still, the right to make one's own choice about one's own pregnancy is part of the civil right we all have to privacy, based upon the civil right of all citizens to "life, liberty and property". And that is not up for popular vote. The same reasoning that prevents us from owning a person's body also applies to a woman's uterus. Period.
There may very well be absolutes, but no one on earth knows them. You may have personal absolutes, and act according to them. You don't get to impose them on others. Your right to swing your fist ends at my face.
Your beliefs about what any god may or may not think, and about the need for a savior, is irrelevant to others. No one is obligated to live according to your personal beliefs.
"Not one PCer here has ever suggested that doctors should be made to perform elective abortions. Not one."

I think that you are wrong about this. Some time ago there was a thread about pharmacists that refused to fill BC prescriptions, within that conversation we discussed OB/GYNs and their role in elective abortions. Several pro"choicers", as I recall, felt that if the OB/GYN wouldn't perform elective abortions then they should find another line of work. We also discussed residents being required to perfom elective abortions as part of their training.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#290530 Mar 26, 2013
Susanm wrote:
<quoted text>
"Not one PCer here has ever suggested that doctors should be made to perform elective abortions. Not one."
I think that you are wrong about this. Some time ago there was a thread about pharmacists that refused to fill BC prescriptions, within that conversation we discussed OB/GYNs and their role in elective abortions. Several pro"choicers", as I recall, felt that if the OB/GYN wouldn't perform elective abortions then they should find another line of work. We also discussed residents being required to perfom elective abortions as part of their training.
I believe you're remembering incorrectly. I remember people saying that about emergency situations, not elective abortions.
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

#290531 Mar 26, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
And most SANE parents, NOT just mothers, dont want EITHER child to go to the middle east to fight in a war. "Sane" mothers didn't want their children doing it during ANY war.
<quoted text>
ONLY 19000? There are over 1,426,713 people in the active military. There were over 683,000 sexual assults on women alone last year. That doesn't count the men assulted.
What does that have to do with anything?
You DO know women have been in the military for decades now right?@@
<quoted text>
You'd get used to the women fighting as well, just like everyone would.
If the women doing the fighting are okay with it, who are you to disagree? Its not like anybody that matters actually gives a shit what you think.
Nobody's talking about FORCING women to fight. There hasn't been a draft since Nam. Its a volunteer military today.
AGAIN, you sound like you're saying the men are expendable but the women aren't.
I don't want to get used to the idea of my granddaughters going of to war and frankly, I don't think moms should be expendable. History says men do the fighting.

There is a lot of talk about the draft comming back and women will be included. In fact Panetta former director was just asked about it.
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

#290532 Mar 26, 2013
Susanm wrote:
<quoted text>
She is very much against choice when someone doesn't want to provide a product, pay for a servce or refuses to perform a service that goes against their moral fiber.

She is only for choice if it involves the possibility of aborting a fetus.
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

#290533 Mar 26, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>Posting the FACTS that life in the 50's was not as fanciful or perfect as you like to claim has nothing to do with the view that the glass is half full TODAY over how you and your idiot friend Gtown views life.
Are you claiming there was no illness, no disease, no abuse, no joblessness, no pain, heartbreak, suffering in the 50's?
Do you think life was like you saw it on Leave It To Beaver?
@@
That's just a flat out lie. I never said that although that is the norm now.
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

#290534 Mar 26, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
You are dumb. Every post proves it.
There is nothing cold hearted in my position, which is not quite what you are pretending it is.
I'm sorry you are too old to be drafted if what the former sec of defense concerns come true.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#290535 Mar 26, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't want to get used to the idea of my granddaughters going of to war and frankly, I don't think moms should be expendable. History says men do the fighting.
There is a lot of talk about the draft comming back and women will be included. In fact Panetta former director was just asked about it.
History says no such thing. There are many instances of women fighting in history, even leading armies. You are mistaken. Have you forgotten Joan of Arc?

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#290536 Mar 26, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
She is very much against choice when someone doesn't want to provide a product, pay for a servce or refuses to perform a service that goes against their moral fiber.
Complete bull.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#290537 Mar 26, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sorry you are too old to be drafted if what the former sec of defense concerns come true.
Which has nothing to do with you misrepresenting my position.

Yes, I'm too old. I do have both a son and a daughter who are not.

Location hidden

#290538 Mar 26, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe you're remembering incorrectly. I remember people saying that about emergency situations, not elective abortions.
It was quite a while ago, so we will have to agree to disagree.

Location hidden

#290539 Mar 26, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
History says no such thing. There are many instances of women fighting in history, even leading armies. You are mistaken. Have you forgotten Joan of Arc?
Joan of Arc
huskerlicious

Falls City, NE

#290540 Mar 26, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Yet I AM both a woman AND a mother. AND I served in the military.
That has nothing to do with your stupid comments.
You claimed a woman would be "devistated" to have their daughters go to war, suggesting that they're less "devistated" by their sons going. Clearly you think the sons are expendable and the daughters aren't.
Perhaps its because I grew up in a family where women not only went into the military, but FOUGHT in it in Israel. That's the NORM there. It one of the reasons I went into our military, because I wasn't living in Israel as so many of our family was.
Too many people like you have screwed up idea's about this kind of thing. NOBODY want's their child/spouse/bother/sister/par ent to go to war. It happens. Normal - or to use your word - "sane" people deal with it.
Right.....were you in the services when you were a crankhead?

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#290541 Mar 26, 2013
Susanm wrote:
<quoted text>
It was quite a while ago, so we will have to agree to disagree.
Okay.

“Blessed Be”

Location hidden

#290542 Mar 26, 2013
Susanm wrote:
<quoted text>
Joan of Arc
Isn't that what I said?

Location hidden

#290543 Mar 26, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Isn't that what I said?
LOL, I didn't even see that until just now. I thought of JOA when I read the first 2 sentences.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#290544 Mar 26, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't want to get used to the idea of my granddaughters going of to war and frankly,
I dont - NOBODY wants to get used to the idea that ANYONE goes off to war. Your granddaughters are no more important than my grandsons or anyone elses kids or grandkids are or will be.
I don't think moms should be expendable.
But you think dads ARE expendable? Got it Inkstain.

You friggin' idiot.
History says men do the fighting.
History says blacks are slaves, Jews, gypsies, Poles etc.. were inferior and should be put to death, women shouldn't vote, blacks and whites shouldn't marry....

History says a LOT of shit that's wrong.
The draft isn't coming back anytime soon. People like you have been dong THE SKY IS FALLING thing since Nam. They talked about it during Grenada, Desert Storm and every other military action in the last 3 decades. Will it come back one day? Maybe. And if women WANT to fight for their country, they should be able to.

The draft isn't being discussed right now. This is about women's ability to VOLUNTEER for service, not be drafted.

Also, just because women may be able to volunteer to fight, doesn't mean they will be drafted.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#290545 Mar 26, 2013
So, who spoke for all men that made the draft universal for all males?
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
I would hate to see women on the front lines, but for certain would hate to see girls being made to go, becouse a few want to stand up and speak for all women.
Most women who scream about womens rights, are not considering that those women can speak for themselves, it is more about control with them.

Location hidden

#290546 Mar 26, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
SHow us these "concerns" from the Secretary of Defense. I just did a search, and Hagel hasn't said shit about it.

THere's been no conscription since 1973. If it wasn't reinstated after 9/11 when America was actually attacked, it would have to take something SERIOUSLY radical to force a draft again.

Oh and BTW you moron?

CONGRESS would have to change the Military Selective Service Act by extending to women its requirement that all male U.S. citizens and permanent residents register within 30 days of their 18th birthday.

In THIS Congress, its not like ANYTHING is getting done. Your grand-daughters are safe unless they volunteer. Its your grandsons that are screwed.

But hey, you dont care about them. You're "used" to it.

Keep clucking Chicken Little.

Location hidden

#290547 Mar 26, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>

Stop outright lying Inkstain.

Oh wait - you can't.

Carry on twit.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min sonicfilter 1,192,190
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 6 min Eagle 12 235,755
What role do you think humans play in global wa... 14 min adamski 4,339
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 21 min Brew In 29,074
Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 28 min Big D 201,411
Kecoughtan High teacher resigns after drug charges (Nov '07) Mon CS Rosenberg 71
NCSU vs UNC from the Coach's Perspective by Jam... Feb 28 IdeasandTruth 1
More from around the web