Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 341051 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

STO

Vallejo, CA

#288998 Mar 16, 2013
STO wrote:
<quoted text>
You keep lying when you claim I didn't link you the translation for "rot", which includes "abortion".
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I never said that but I read it as it is.
Thanks Ink.
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

#288999 Mar 16, 2013
STO wrote:
<quoted text>
The choice belonged to the husband. No where in the Law of Jealousies is the woman given a choice.
Do you believe she should have had a choice?
I don't see anything about her being force fed the bitter water. Would you drink it?
huskerlicious

Falls City, NE

#289000 Mar 16, 2013
huskerlicious

Falls City, NE

#289001 Mar 16, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>My avitar is a movie poster from the 1940's you stupid jackwit.
Not sure why anyone would be kissing the feet of anyone. They have treatments for those with foot fetishes these days Knutbar.
You put that avatar up right after Petey called the new Pope a donkey named Francis. You disrespect the people that help you, your mentally ill.
STO

Vallejo, CA

#289002 Mar 16, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't see anything about her being force fed the bitter water. Would you drink it?
So you believe she had the right to refuse and you would have supported her right to do so, or to just go along with the ritual?
Katie

Auburn, WA

#289003 Mar 16, 2013
STO wrote:
<quoted text>
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Lets look at this outside the bible -the man "jewish man " becomes jealous of his wife. He takes her to the priest, and does all required. Notice if she is telling the truth, nothing rots, and its all good. She can accept seed, which means she's not pregnant. If she lies, her thigh rots, and etc etc. It still goes to show, that if a man becomes jealous, it must mean that either, his wife is not only cheating, but pregnant with another mans child, or the jealous man is being jealous for no reason at all.
The bible makes perfect seens, if one reads it as is, but to try and add to it makes no sense.
The other you ask about, is an example of how no matter how good
God is to people, people will always go another way, yet He is merciful and long suffering and takes us back again and again. It is sad enough to make any cry.
"The bible makes perfect seens, if one reads it as is, but to try and add to it makes no sense."
Katie:
Agree. Wonder why you're trying to do just that by saying this, "Lets look at this outside the bible -the man "jewish man " becomes jealous of his wife."
STO:
Katie's response to this post is on target.
You contradict yourself.
"The bible makes perfect seens, if one reads it as is, but to try and add to it makes no sense."
contradicts
"Lets look at this outside the bible..."
You're adding.
Explain how translating the English back to Hebrew or Greek is "add(ing) to the Bible.
Gtown hasn't so far ... probably not gonna, STO.
(yes or no?)

“Make time ”

Since: Sep 09

for contemplation

#289004 Mar 16, 2013
Lighten up, Francis.

Since: Apr 09

Elmont, Long Island NY

#289005 Mar 16, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Well again everyone that says Lord Lord have we not done all these things in your name, don't make it to Heaven. They are not christians, no matter how loud they say they are.
As far as the laws, you're right, when I didn't believe in.God, I would vote for whomever was the least religious.
Plus no christian law stopped me, from doing as I pleased.
If Jesus was to return for "His " church on a sun morn, there would be some entire churches full of.people in them, that never miss a lick of amazing grace. Whole churches full of lost people.
Many christians believe this country was founded on christian beliefs, and they fight to keep it that way.
You know its really simple to determine the founding principle of this country
JUST READ THE FRIGGIN CONSTITUTION

its all spelled out there in plain friggin English......

and you know what, here's the shocker

THERE NO MENTION OF CHRISTIANITY, JESUS OR THE BIBLE ANYWHERE
STO

Vallejo, CA

#289006 Mar 16, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Gtown hasn't so far ... probably not gonna, STO.
(yes or no?)
Doesn't look like it.

I'm tellin' ya, Katie, phony christians like Gtown are easy to spot. Their hypocrisy is glaring. They are pathological liars. And they are infuriated when challenged. Oh yeah, and let's not forget, their "go to" move is to threaten anyone they don't like with "Yer goin' tua Haaaaaaay-El!"
Katie

Auburn, WA

#289007 Mar 16, 2013
STO wrote:
<quoted text>
Doesn't look like it.
I'm tellin' ya, Katie, phony christians like Gtown are easy to spot. Their hypocrisy is glaring. They are pathological liars. And they are infuriated when challenged. Oh yeah, and let's not forget, their "go to" move is to threaten anyone they don't like with "Yer goin' tua Haaaaaaay-El!"
Oh no! Whatever shall we do, STO? Run around like Chicken Little??

(Hi AJ :)

“Make time ”

Since: Sep 09

for contemplation

#289008 Mar 16, 2013
Greetings Katie! xo

Remember the song - Harper Valley PTA?

Hypocrisy! It takes me a minute to find any "heart" in some posts, when they're cloaked in so much bu..s..t
The Prince

Allentown, PA

#289009 Mar 16, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>My avitar is a movie poster from the 1940's you stupid jackwit.
Not sure why anyone would be kissing the feet of anyone. They have treatments for those with foot fetishes these days Knutbar.
Bullshot pagan! Your avitar is a direct attack on the Pope. You are not that clever. You are just another hater. You and the other anti-Christian pagans are just the price Christians have always had to pay for following the Fatih.

Your dark and vile ways are open to those with a brain. You pagans are like an open book, you have black hearts and you are filled with hate because of the miserable lives you live.

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#289010 Mar 16, 2013
feces for jesus wrote:
<quoted text>
Funnies like ink are too narrow minded to see their own hypocrisy. Inky also makes lots of dumb blanket statements and rarely ackowledges when she is wrong. I replied to her idiocy and told her that Buddhists do not believe in god, but of course she ignored that.
She is narrow-minded, and too rigid in her thinking to have a decent discussion. She's a bore.

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#289011 Mar 16, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Where most "christians " strongly dissagree with me, is on the fact that I don't believe a person "has " to go to any church, ever in their life to be saved. You said many things -I used to say to my wife, if we jump through the right hoops!
I believe if a person looks at the earth, and realizes there must be something out there greater then me, and with a "humble " heart ask to "know " that thing that it so much bigger.
All else is religion.
The night.God woke me up -I didn't call Him Jesus -but I did call Him God "in my.mind ",and that God changed my "core " view on everything.
That God saved my soul, and it is He "not me " that keeps my soul saved.
God is Holy -He sent the prophets -people abused and killed them -He sent His only "begotten " Son -people abused and killed Him "He allowed this ".
Those who have the son have life, those who don't , don't.
All other church attendence, etc... is for christian growth. Blessings -cursings -my salvation is sealed. I have nothing to brag about, just accepted what God offered. Most don't accept it, becouse it doesn't fit "their " life, or out of fear of what others may think. Over time, it is like patching a corpse. I wouldn't let anything or anyone keep me from getting saved.
"Those who have the son have life, those who don't , don't."

This is what I was debating with Ink. IF it turned out God exists then you really don't know this to be true. This is what religion teaches.

"Most don't accept it, becouse it doesn't fit "their " life"..."

I disagree with you on this. People either believe or they don't, it's just that simple. People add too much into it, like people choose to not believe so they can do whatever they want, etc. That's just not true. That would be like saying all believers claim to believe just so they can get into God's favor and into Heaven.

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#289012 Mar 16, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
You are the one who can't think past what you can see and hear.
So? I don't believe in Santa Clause, Big Foot, the Loch Ness Monster, ghosts, Atlantis or the Roswell Aliens, so would you say I'm wrong? But it's an issue if I don't believe in an omnipotent/omniscient God?
Katie

Auburn, WA

#289013 Mar 16, 2013
Junket wrote:
Greetings Katie! xo
Remember the song - Harper Valley PTA?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =4ivUOnnstpgXX
Hypocrisy! It takes me a minute to find any "heart" in some posts, when they're cloaked in so much bu..s..t
What an apt song, AJ.
Heheh! You said it!

Thanks for the walk down memory lane.

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#289014 Mar 16, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
You could never piss me off.
So you claim.
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

#289015 Mar 16, 2013
Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
"Those who have the son have life, those who don't , don't."
This is what I was debating with Ink. IF it turned out God exists then you really don't know this to be true. This is what religion teaches.
"Most don't accept it, becouse it doesn't fit "their " life"..."
I disagree with you on this. People either believe or they don't, it's just that simple. People add too much into it, like people choose to not believe so they can do whatever they want, etc. That's just not true. That would be like saying all believers claim to believe just so they can get into God's favor and into Heaven.
What you don't understand is, for people who 'really' believe in God that they turn their lives over to Him for His purpose, there is no discussion as to whether or not He exists. It isn't a 'maybe' belief.
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

#289016 Mar 16, 2013
Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
So? I don't believe in Santa Clause, Big Foot, the Loch Ness Monster, ghosts, Atlantis or the Roswell Aliens, so would you say I'm wrong? But it's an issue if I don't believe in an omnipotent/omniscient God?
You are only reaffirming what I said.

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#289017 Mar 16, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
What I said come from scripture or the Ten Commandments. What you said comes out of your own pointy head.
Have you ever actually seen the original 10 commandments? Have you ever read the original, non-translated scriptures, or met the people who allegedly wrote them? Can you prove they are actually the words of a God and not written by mere men? Can you prove for certain they are factual?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 5 min Tuffet 1,762,043
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 10 hr Trojan 35,946
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) May 19 hojo 12,405
News Carlisle's Fitzgerald signs to play at Norfolk ... May 16 Go phartse 4
News PBA: Columbian parades new import vs Aces May 4 AndPhartse 2
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) Apr '18 Into The Night 258,512
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Mar '18 Lonnie Peters 201,480