Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 309875 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Ink

Philadelphia, PA

#288700 Mar 13, 2013
Ocean56 wrote:
<quoted text>
Forget about it, Knutter. I like being church/religion-FREE much better than being burdened by its oppressive doctrines, especially those concerning sex and reproduction. PASS.
You could be Jewish and have 'oppressive doctrines'.
grumpy

Stony Point, NY

#288701 Mar 13, 2013
Forum wrote:
<quoted text>
The Catholics say that "he came down from heaven and became
man".
But not his son who was born milleniums later.
Gtown71

United States

#288702 Mar 13, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
There is absolutely no mention of any other aspect of the trinity until the NT--because that's where they made it up. If jesus is god then what's with all the whininng in gethsemane and other entries? He'd know exactly what and why and how.
<quoted text>
I can show just one of many verses that shows you're wrong on your first sentence.-Isaiah 50:6

I gave my back to the smiters, and my cheeks to them that plucked off the hair : I hid not my face from shame and spitting.

Who did this many many years later?

You don't want to consider any god, becouse of your sin.
If there is a God, then you are in trouble.

There is and you are.
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

#288703 Mar 13, 2013
Meant to say 'not' have oppressive doctrines
grumpy

Stony Point, NY

#288704 Mar 13, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
You could be Jewish and have 'oppressive doctrines'.
Actually you can't. If you follow the events signified by Jewish holidays, you would find that many commemorate the overthrow of oppression.
Gtown71

United States

#288705 Mar 13, 2013
grumpy wrote:
<quoted text>
But the last line is "There shall be no others before me."
Jews have a metaphor for something that will never happen. "it will arrive when The Messiah will come."
I personally put something before God because I believe God made mistakes.
If I thought God made mistakes, then I wouldn't waste any time on Him.

I went to church sun, would you like to know why? Becouse I wanted to! Not becouse I felt like I had to, not to see friends, not to dress up and look good, not becouse I felt like it was my duty, not becouse I'm afraid if I don't God will send me to Hell, not becouse we had a meal "we didn't ", not becouse mama took me s a boy, and I should go, not becouse I thought it would make my wife happy, not becouse I thought soneone from church would call and ask me why I wasn't there. Not becouse it is just what I do.

I WANTED, DESIRED, FELT COMPELLED TO GO.

I would hate to know how much time people spend going through dead motions for no reason at all.
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

#288706 Mar 13, 2013
grumpy wrote:
<quoted text>Actually you can't. If you follow the events signified by Jewish holidays, you would find that many commemorate the overthrow of oppression.
I meant to say not have oppressive doctrine. We agree.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#288707 Mar 13, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
You're wrong. He has and will fulfill all.
Prophecy --------fulfillment
Gen 3:15 ---------John 19:18
EXODUS 12:46-----JOHN19:36
PSALMS 2:2 --------MARK 15:1
PSALMS 22:1 -------MATT 27:46
PSALMS 22:6 --------MATT 27:39-44
PSALMS 22:7-8--------MATT 27: 39-44
ISAIAH 50:6---------MATT 26:67
DANIAL 9:26 ---------MATT 26:24
AMOS 8:9 ----------MATT 27:45
ZECH 11:13 -------MATT 27:9
PLUS MANY MANY MORE.
Again many or most are taught about God.
Some like me, are taught about God AFTER they meet God.
You may scoff if you will, it is nothing new.
Religion is like a heavy weight, that is hard to carry. Most give their religion a half hearted atempt at best, and only those who gain money "are getting paid " seem to do any better. A real God experience is what all need, after all what good is a dead god?
What good is a live God, if you don't know Him?
You're a moron.

"MANY MANY" is meaningless if they weren't ALL fullfilled.

He was NOT a member of the tribe of Judah.

He was NOT a direct male descendant of King David and King Solomon.

He did NOT gather the Jewish people from exile and return them to Israel.

He did NOT rebuild the Temple in Jerusalem.

He did NOT rule at a time of world-wide peace. "...they shall beat their swords into plowshares, and their spears into pruning hooks; nation shall not lift up sword against nation, neither shall they learn war anymore." (Micah 4:3)

Have you seen a newspaper lately? Are we living in a state of complete world peace? Has there ever been peace since or even AT the time of Jesus?

He didn't fullfill ANY of these prophicies.
grumpy

Stony Point, NY

#288708 Mar 13, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
PLUS MANY MANY MORE.
Religion is like a heavy weight, that is hard to carry. Most give their religion a half hearted atempt at best, and only those who gain money "are getting paid " seem to do any better. A real God experience is what all need, after all what good is a dead god?
How difficult is Christianity if you don't have to admit your sin to the person against whom you have sinned face ton face.
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

#288709 Mar 13, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>

I WANTED, DESIRED, FELT COMPELLED TO GO.
I would hate to know how much time people spend going through dead motions for no reason at all.
It is time well spent. Not a bad idea to get down on your knees once in a while and think about God and how He fits in your life.

Nobody makes me go either. I also go to chapel at 5 am every Mon when everything is very quiet and peaceful.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#288710 Mar 13, 2013
He WILL fulfill them? When? What dates?
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
PLUS MANY MANY MORE.
grumpy

Stony Point, NY

#288711 Mar 13, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I understand what you are saying about making things right with our victims but do you really mean that God is not forgiving?
Only if the victim steadfastly refuses to forgive.
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

#288712 Mar 13, 2013
white smoke -- new Pope

Indianapolis

#288713 Mar 13, 2013
That verse says nothing about jesus or a prophecy--you think christianity was the first belief system to come up with non-retaliative philosophies?

I don't "consider" gods because--unlike you--I've studied most of the world's religions, and none have any proof of their deity's existence. I don't take peoples' word for it. Most of all, there is no reason to presume that the universe needed any supernatural help.

And I absolutely refuse to live in fear of celestial retribution. You go ahead.
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
I can show just one of many verses that shows you're wrong on your first sentence.-Isaiah 50:6
I gave my back to the smiters, and my cheeks to them that plucked off the hair : I hid not my face from shame and spitting.
Who did this many many years later?
You don't want to consider any god, becouse of your sin.
If there is a God, then you are in trouble.
There is and you are.

Indianapolis

#288714 Mar 13, 2013
Or really primo weed.
Ink wrote:
white smoke -- new Pope
grumpy

Stony Point, NY

#288715 Mar 13, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Thousands followed Christ when He was on earth. It wasn't a matter of immorality, it was about a different way to seek the Kingdom of Heaven.
So conversion is not a question of morality. It's just an easier path to heaven without facing punishment for your moral violation.

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#288716 Mar 13, 2013
The Prince wrote:
<quoted text>
Dispite the hateful remarks I continue to pray for the souls of proabortion pagans like yourself. At some point in your life you, like the others suffered a trauma that has affected your abilty to think clearly.
You rejected God and embraced the darkness of paganism. The irrational anger you pagans have towards people of Faith are something we have always been use to. We are persecuted for the Faith but we perservere not just for our souls but for yours as well.
Yawn...

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#288717 Mar 13, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I think what she wants is very possible. Unfortunately without God, that's the end for her. It seems that all she wants.
Religious claptrap. Even if there is a God I would not believe that he would run Heaven like some exclusive country club that only allows in certain kinds of people.
Gtown71

United States

#288718 Mar 13, 2013
grumpy wrote:
<quoted text>How difficult is Christianity if you don't have to admit your sin to the person against whom you have sinned face ton face.
Who says we don't ?

After one becomes a christian, they are to go to the one they offended.
Matter of fact if you have a problem with your brother, and even if that problem was caused by your bro not you, you are to go to that brother and try to work it out.
It is our sin against God that keeps us seperated from God.
Yet if you believe God makes mistakes, or doubt one word of His Word, then who cares and good luck.
Maybe we will make it or not, to Heaven, but if there is no Hell, and all go to Heaven anyway sooner or later, then again who cares?
Burn all bibles, stop wasting time with worship
and observing certain days, since it may all be in vain.

If I'm right, and God will recieve the humble, reject the proud, then try me?
call upon the name of the Lord, the only true God, out of a true humble heart and see.
Only a living God can come forward./
Gtown71

United States

#288719 Mar 13, 2013
cpeter1313 wrote:
That verse says nothing about jesus or a prophecy--you think christianity was the first belief system to come up with non-retaliative philosophies?
I don't "consider" gods because--unlike you--I've studied most of the world's religions, and none have any proof of their deity's existence. I don't take peoples' word for it. Most of all, there is no reason to presume that the universe needed any supernatural help.
And I absolutely refuse to live in fear of celestial retribution. You go ahead.
<quoted text>
There is no proof of the evolution "theory ",which hasn't been around very long, yet by "faith " you believe.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 16 min RoxLo 1,232,933
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 56 min NoahLovesU 239,102
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 3 hr litesong 5,582
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 5 hr tom wingo 29,765
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 15 hr Pietro Armando 201,810
How to Recover Deleted or lost Contacts from Sa... 19 hr Timotion 7
Jayhawks dance team #1 Sun Jeff 1
More from around the web