Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 309893 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

STO

Vallejo, CA

#288550 Mar 10, 2013
Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
That's interesting. He got it backwards.
God wrote the 10 Commandments on both sets. Gtown simply didn't bother to read it. He repeats what he's been told without bothering to check it out. Not to be trusted.
STO

Vallejo, CA

#288551 Mar 10, 2013
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
You're good at regurgitating nonsense, but that's about it you poor shmuck.
Yeah, he's good at misleading people.

God help anyone who listens to him quote the Book of Job. I can imagine the mess that would be.
STO

Vallejo, CA

#288552 Mar 10, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, agree, STO. Your last point is very interesting. I'd bet the possibilities are endless regarding full term pregnancies that never would have been had an earlier pregnancy not ended prior to term (either induced or spontaneous). All those people are still God's people, right? In the same sense that they were known in the womb, too. Right?
(the things that make you go hmmmm)
"All those people are still God's people, right? In the same sense that they were known in the womb, too. Right?"

Absolutely.

Some Christians believe the Good Lord chose to spare them from the harshness of the world. That is not doctrinal, mind you.
STO

Vallejo, CA

#288554 Mar 10, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
The only one lying here sto, is you and you know it. I could care less how many "translations" you come up with, they are wrong, if the think numbers chapter 5 talks about abortion.
You are stretching far to try and make it stick. I doesn't and never will!
Of course you could care less. "No it's not" is the lie you tell yourself when facts smack you upside your crybaby head. lol
STO

Vallejo, CA

#288555 Mar 10, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
You should be ashamed of yourself! This is what you're calling a "liar". You, damn near illiterate, have no clue of what you speak and still you speak it. With pride and belligerence no less.
"Testimonials
BLB users come from a variety of backgrounds; some are pastors, seminary students or lay people seeking to better understand the original Hebrew and Greek while others are new Christians who desire to learn the essentials of Christianity for the first time. BLB users represent both rich and poor countries alike, some of which are closed to the Gospel. Regardless of the userís country of origin, culture, or socioeconomic status, we are assured that God is faithful to accomplish His purposes through His Word, and are privileged to share some of the ways in which God is using BLB."
http://www.blueletterbible.org/about/about04....
Gtown is the worst kind of "christian". He's proud not to be a student of the Word. He thinks he knows all there is to know. He's lazy, believes he's too good to learn. He's actually dangerous to new Christians, giving them false information.
STO

Vallejo, CA

#288556 Mar 10, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, and they all agree with sto on this, oh and you, that numbers 5 talks of abortion. NOT!
Hey I can admit when I'm wrong, likw moses carving the 10 c's, He had to hew out the tablets "which was a pretty big job, but God wrote em. You think you or sto, will admit you're wrong about numbers 5 condoning abortion? Prob never,but I should be ashamed.
I've talked to others about this -they to have NO IDEA WHERE Y'ALL GET THIS?!?!?
Well, tell'em, ya jackass. I gave you the link a bunch of times.
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>I spoke to a humble preacher who reads the kjv from start to finish every 30 days!
He don't brag, and says it is his conviction alone to not want 30 days to go by, without reading the entire word of God. He's done it since 1994.
Course it never occurred to you to crack open the Book, yourself.
STO

Vallejo, CA

#288557 Mar 10, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Perhaps I should've worded it better.
Yes -I can be a jerk!
But I do care about foo, and you, and all other people.
Despite how arrogant I may come across, I'm nothing or nobody, only a sinner saved by grace.
Eph. 2 : 8-9
Is anyone buying this "duh-derp I done wrong" crap?
feces for jesus

Bellmore, NY

#288558 Mar 10, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Safe to say that you probably don't think that you have experienced a miracle or had something happen in your life that has no plausible explanation. There are lots of people out there who have, me included. They will tell you that there is a God and there is answer to prayer. I don't blame you for not being able to understand what you can't see.
It's safe to say you are wrong.... and I think you may be drinking too much. I was talking to you about how you expect to see lost loved ones in the afterlife. Ramble on.
feces for jesus

Bellmore, NY

#288559 Mar 10, 2013
worships reality wrote:
<quoted text>
most christards are full of you. yum-eeeeeee!!!
How wonderful.
feces for jesus

Bellmore, NY

#288560 Mar 10, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes!
A christian is a person who have had the ownership of their soul transfered from satan to God.
They are the children of God, through a spuritual adoption.
Yet they still have their sinful flesh.
A christian can commit any sin that a non christian can, but the difference is they are dealt with by their new Father, God.
He punishes His children here on earth, and although He is merciful and longsuffering, He is just and loves His children.
The sinfilled flesh all people wear will be with them till death.
It is not subject to Gods law and can't be.
It will eat itself to death, drink itself to death, sex itself to death, etc......
The more you give it, the more it wants.
Just looking upon another with lust, is commiting adultery.
Many christians put things in front of God, even some put their ministry before God.
Yet when we die, it is our soul that is either saved or not.
Thanks for a good laugh, whacko.
Gtown71

United States

#288561 Mar 10, 2013
STO wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, he's good at misleading people.
God help anyone who listens to him quote the Book of Job. I can imagine the mess that would be.
Sto, I spend most of my time telling others how Jesus can save their souls, NOT trying to make a bible verse condon abortion as you.

Is there any reason why you are a christian?

Can you tell me why you feel being a christian is a good thing?

Sure I get it wrong at times, as we all do, but I will addmit it.

All I've seen from you so far, is how you call other christians names while missquoting the bible,so again I'll ask what happens to those who die without being saved?
Gtown71

United States

#288562 Mar 10, 2013
<quoted text>
If the way you live is making you happy then that's good, but we all should be able to find out own path, whether it leads to Jesus or not.
Living a "good " life is important,but the bible says only the Rightous will go to Heaven.
Now knowing that both those who claim to be christians sin, even the best of the best are not perfect, then if there is a God, and He demands rightousness, then that cannot come from ones self.
It must be imputed.
I'm just asking that you question everything you think you know.

It is not about how "good " a person is, it is a position of being a child of God or not that counts.

Perhaps look up the "good test ",to see how you do, if God will judge us by the 10 commandments, how would you do?

It goes back to have you ever told lie? What do you call someone who lies?
stolen anything?
Used Gods name in vain?
Lusted?
Gossip?

We view bad things and good things one way.
God views them another.
Gtown71

United States

#288563 Mar 10, 2013
feces for jesus wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for a good laugh, whacko.
Glad I can make you laugh.
You can put anything I've wrote to the test.
Get drunk and see how much booze it takes, and after a year or two of drinking see how many it takes.
Same with drugs, what one pill does today, it will take two tmrw, and the a bottle in a few months.
Eating? Well just go to a buffet, and you will see :)

Your fingerprints are one way that you were born unique from all others. Since no one else "out of the billions of people "has your prints.

Evolution has No use for everyones prints to be different.
Just one of many things, that show a person, that they are created.
The Prince

Phillipsburg, NJ

#288564 Mar 10, 2013
<quoted text>
Why are you so ignorant? Responsibility free? How so? I do for my kids and my husband, I get up and go to work where I often go the extra mile to help coworkers, I adopt dogs that I then take care of for years, I donate/volunteer my time, etc. I deal with responsibilities everyday. Like many other women/mothers I put other people's needs ahead of my own each and every day.
Can you actually prove there is a god, soul or eternal damnation? Then why should I take your rants and your mythologies seriously?
What "pagan ways" do I "promote"?
Do you have ANY clue what you are babbling about...ever?
Your own words condemn your soul. You speak of "I". It is all about 'you'. What 'you' do, what 'you' accomplish, who 'you' help. See a pattern?

Lose the "I' and gain your soul. You can't understand that, as your pagan ways are your chains.

You can attack me all you want but I am secure in my belief and the knowledge that my salvation is assured.

All the "you" achievements do not make up for supporting the death of one unborn child.
The Prince

Phillipsburg, NJ

#288565 Mar 10, 2013
<quoted text>
Thank you. It's more like I want my life to have had some positive impact on my survivor's lives.
I had an epiphany one day some years ago. I was shocked when I was reading the paper and saw the obituary of a friend I had kind of lost touch with. She died young of cancer. I felt compelled to make the trip to visit her wake and pay my respects. Instead of a casket with her body the family had set up easels full of photos of her with her friends and family. She was laughing and happy in every photo. Instead of funeral home music they were playing the songs she had loved. People were laughing and telling stories about her...but the most stunning thing was the line of people wanting to pass by and see the family went all the way out of the funeral home and out into the parking lot. This woman obviously impacted many many people in a very positive way.
That's the kind of person I decided I wanted to be.
Your quest will be hard since you have not allowed God into your heart.
STO

Vallejo, CA

#288566 Mar 10, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes!
A christian is a person who have had the ownership of their soul transfered from satan to God.
They are the children of God, through a spuritual adoption.
Yet they still have their sinful flesh.
A christian can commit any sin that a non christian can, but the difference is they are dealt with by their new Father, God.
He punishes His children here on earth, and although He is merciful and longsuffering, He is just and loves His children.
The sinfilled flesh all people wear will be with them till death.
It is not subject to Gods law and can't be.
"The sinfilled flesh all people wear will be with them till death.
It is not subject to Gods law and can't be."

The flesh is not subject to God's Law and "can't be", ya say?

You got it entirely wrong, again -- the glaring opposite of what the Word teaches. I mean, c'mon, dude, this is Christianity 101. I could use a lot of different references.

Read Romans 7

Here's a part of it:

5 For when we were in the flesh, the motions of sins, which were by the law, did work in our members to bring forth fruit unto death.

6 But now we are delivered from the law, that being dead wherein we were held; that we should serve in newness of spirit, and not in the oldness of the letter.

7 What shall we say then? Is the law sin? God forbid. Nay, I had not known sin, but by the law: for I had not known lust, except the law had said, Thou shalt not covet.

8 But sin, taking occasion by the commandment, wrought in me all manner of concupiscence. For without the law sin was dead.

9 For I was alive without the law once: but when the commandment came, sin revived, and I died.

10 And the commandment, which was ordained to life, I found to be unto death.

11 For sin, taking occasion by the commandment, deceived me, and by it slew me.

12 Wherefore the law is holy, and the commandment holy, and just, and good.
STO

Vallejo, CA

#288567 Mar 10, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Sto, I spend most of my time telling others how Jesus can save their souls, NOT trying to make a bible verse condon abortion as you.
Is there any reason why you are a christian?
Can you tell me why you feel being a christian is a good thing?
Sure I get it wrong at times, as we all do, but I will addmit it.
All I've seen from you so far, is how you call other christians names while missquoting the bible,so again I'll ask what happens to those who die without being saved?
Not only have I not misquoted the Bible, I tell exactly what Chapter and Verse it is, and even copy and paste it, while you speak out of your ass and get it wrong over and over and over.

You don't just "duhderp - get it wrong"; you teach falsely.

I will correct you whenever I see it because it's not right that you mislead Christians and non-Christians, alike.
Forum

Hobbs, NM

#288568 Mar 10, 2013
amen.
Gtown71

United States

#288569 Mar 10, 2013
STO wrote:
<quoted text>
Not only have I not misquoted the Bible, I tell exactly what Chapter and Verse it is, and even copy and paste it, while you speak out of your ass and get it wrong over and over and over.
You don't just "duhderp - get it wrong"; you teach falsely.
I will correct you whenever I see it because it's not right that you mislead Christians and non-Christians, alike.
Sure sto, unlike you right? Who try to tell people abortion is ok?

I've never seen you tell anyone what Jesus can do for them.
Gtown71

United States

#288570 Mar 10, 2013
STO wrote:
<quoted text>
"The sinfilled flesh all people wear will be with them till death.
It is not subject to Gods law and can't be."
The flesh is not subject to God's Law and "can't be", ya say?
You got it entirely wrong, again -- the glaring opposite of what the Word teaches. I mean, c'mon, dude, this is Christianity 101. I could use a lot of different references.
Read Romans 7
Here's a part of it:
5 For when we were in the flesh, the motions of sins, which were by the law, did work in our members to bring forth fruit unto death.
6 But now we are delivered from the law, that being dead wherein we were held; that we should serve in newness of spirit, and not in the oldness of the letter.
7 What shall we say then? Is the law sin? God forbid. Nay, I had not known sin, but by the law: for I had not known lust, except the law had said, Thou shalt not covet.
8 But sin, taking occasion by the commandment, wrought in me all manner of concupiscence. For without the law sin was dead.
9 For I was alive without the law once: but when the commandment came, sin revived, and I died.
10 And the commandment, which was ordained to life, I found to be unto death.
11 For sin, taking occasion by the commandment, deceived me, and by it slew me.
12 Wherefore the law is holy, and the commandment holy, and just, and good.
Why did you stop with verse 12? Why not finish the chapter 7?

Many verses about the flesh being carnal. Look at what paul says in the last two verses.

Then chapter 8 the carnal mind "flesh mind " -verse 7 -

Becouse the carnal mind is enmity against God : for it is not subject to the law, neither indeed can be.

When I speak of the flesh -I talk about the carnal man.
There is nothing the can do "good " enough to go to Heaven.
They must have the "imputed " rightousness, that only comes from accepting what The only begotton Son of God did for them on the cross.

He that hath the son hath life, he that hath not the son of God, hath not life.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 5 min tom wingo 29,767
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 6 min World Ceres 1,233,529
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 12 min Eagle 12 239,229
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 12 hr Earthling-1 5,599
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Mon Pietro Armando 201,809
How to Recover Deleted or lost Contacts from Sa... Mon Timotion 7
Jayhawks dance team #1 Sun Jeff 1
More from around the web