Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Comments (Page 13,547)

Showing posts 270,921 - 270,940 of303,279
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
feces for jesus

Bellmore, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#288395
Mar 8, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I only posted it because I was asked.
The laws were very stringent back then to protect family lines and inheritances. Today, many people don't care or respect whose baby is who's.
I
Those laws don't seem to fit in with the "pro-life" mindset, do they?
feces for jesus

Bellmore, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#288396
Mar 8, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, after you see what an affair does to many people, then you might agree. I almost put myself down over the deal. Many do -however, I am not a jew, and most laws were written for tbe jew to be a seperate people.
So you get to ignore all of Leviticus because you're not Jewish? What else in the bible does not apply to you, Mr. Cherry Picker?
Katie

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#288397
Mar 8, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

2

STO wrote:
<quoted text>
ha!
You see Ink's conclusion to the entire exchange? Boils down to, "I'm right and you're wrong, but I don't know why."
Incredible.
Wouldn't it be at least the slightest bit honest for her to admit I made my case, even if she doesn't accept it? Did I not give translations with links? Is it invisible to them?
I just..Katie..I don't get these people. It's..I don't know..I want to say dishonest, but deaf, dumb, blind and stupid seem to fit better.
One of her posts to you explains about God knowing you in the womb. That she doesn't understand why he'd allow abortion of someone he knew in the womb.

Which, of course, doesn't cover that all things are supposed to be through God. That God has His reasons. That if people can believe God has His plan, why can't they believe abortion IS part of that plan?

Why is abortion being focused on as if it were an atrocity? Why are so many fetal-focused to the exclusion of all else? Dishonest, deaf, dumb, blind, and stupid seem to amount to Willful Ignorance, imo.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#288398
Mar 8, 2013
 

Judged:

2

1

1

Susanm wrote:
<quoted text>
"And what the do you care anyway? Is your finger broken? Scroll."
Right back at ya.
I knew you wouldn't have the integrity to address that question.

Since: Feb 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#288399
Mar 8, 2013
 

Judged:

3

3

1

Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
I knew you wouldn't have the integrity to address that question.
You want me to address the rest of your post? OK-Petey gets what he dishes out.
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#288400
Mar 8, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

STO wrote:
<quoted text>
What is the difference? What do you think the Bible "says"?
I think it says she will get a hell of a bellyache and maybe even some kind of infection that would cause her to be sterile.

16 “And the priest shall bring her near and set her before the Lord. 17 And the priest shall take holy water in an earthenware vessel and take some of the dust that is on the floor of the tabernacle and put it into the water. 18 And the priest shall set the woman before the Lord and vunbind the hair of the woman's head and place in her hands the grain offering of remembrance, which is the grain offering of jealousy. And in his hand the priest shall have the water of bitterness that brings the curse. 19 Then the priest shall make her take an oath, saying,‘If no man has lain with you, and if you have not turned aside to uncleanness while you were under your husband's authority, be free from this water of bitterness that brings the curse. 20 But if you have gone astray, though you are under your husband's authority, and if you have defiled yourself, and some man other than your husband has lain with you, 21 then’(let the priest make the woman take the oath of the curse, and say to the woman) w‘the Lord make you a curse and an oath among your people, when the Lord makes your thigh fall away and your body swell. 22 May this water that brings the curse xpass into your bowels and make your womb swell and your thigh fall away.’ And the woman shall say, y‘Amen, Amen.’

23 “Then the priest shall write these curses in a book and wash them off into the water of bitterness. 24 And he shall make the woman drink the water of bitterness that brings the curse, and the water that brings the curse shall enter into her and cause bitter pain. 25 And the priest shall take the grain offering of jealousy out of the woman's hand zand shall wave the grain offering before the Lord and bring it to the altar. 26 And the priest ashall take a handful of the grain offering, as its memorial portion, and burn it on the altar, and afterward shall make the woman drink the water. 27 And when he has made her drink the water, then, if she has defiled herself and has broken faith with her husband, the water that brings the curse shall enter into her and cause bitter pain, and her womb shall swell, and her thigh shall fall away, and the woman bshall become a curse among her people. 28 But if the woman has not defiled herself and is clean, then she shall be free and shall conceive children.6 »




.

.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#288401
Mar 8, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Susanm wrote:
<quoted text>
You want me to address the rest of your post? OK-Petey gets what he dishes out.
Is he the one complaining? No, that would be you, hypocritically complaining about one, but not the other.
STO

Vallejo, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#288402
Mar 8, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I think it says she will get a hell of a bellyache and maybe even some kind of infection that would cause her to be sterile.
16 “And the priest shall bring her near and set her before the Lord. 17 And the priest shall take holy water in an earthenware vessel and take some of the dust that is on the floor of the tabernacle and put it into the water. 18 And the priest shall set the woman before the Lord and vunbind the hair of the woman's head and place in her hands the grain offering of remembrance, which is the grain offering of jealousy. And in his hand the priest shall have the water of bitterness that brings the curse. 19 Then the priest shall make her take an oath, saying,‘If no man has lain with you, and if you have not turned aside to uncleanness while you were under your husband's authority, be free from this water of bitterness that brings the curse. 20 But if you have gone astray, though you are under your husband's authority, and if you have defiled yourself, and some man other than your husband has lain with you, 21 then’(let the priest make the woman take the oath of the curse, and say to the woman) w‘the Lord make you a curse and an oath among your people, when the Lord makes your thigh fall away and your body swell. 22 May this water that brings the curse xpass into your bowels and make your womb swell and your thigh fall away.’ And the woman shall say, y‘Amen, Amen.’
23 “Then the priest shall write these curses in a book and wash them off into the water of bitterness. 24 And he shall make the woman drink the water of bitterness that brings the curse, and the water that brings the curse shall enter into her and cause bitter pain. 25 And the priest shall take the grain offering of jealousy out of the woman's hand zand shall wave the grain offering before the Lord and bring it to the altar. 26 And the priest ashall take a handful of the grain offering, as its memorial portion, and burn it on the altar, and afterward shall make the woman drink the water. 27 And when he has made her drink the water, then, if she has defiled herself and has broken faith with her husband, the water that brings the curse shall enter into her and cause bitter pain, and her womb shall swell, and her thigh shall fall away, and the woman bshall become a curse among her people. 28 But if the woman has not defiled herself and is clean, then she shall be free and shall conceive children.6 »
.
.
"I think it says she will get a hell of a bellyache and maybe even some kind of infection that would cause her to be sterile."

How would those body responses prove her infidelity?

How would she or anyone else know she was sterile?

What if she was sterile before drinking the bitter water; how would that prove anything?

Ink

Philadelphia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#288403
Mar 8, 2013
 
STO wrote:
Sorry, Ink. I mean that sincerely. I misread, "Yes and I". Thought it said, "You and I".
Again, my apologies.
I didn't see this, hence my response. Sorry too.

We are just going to disagree on what the Bible means in this instance.

Since: Feb 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#288405
Mar 8, 2013
 

Judged:

3

3

1

Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Is he the one complaining? No, that would be you, hypocritically complaining about one, but not the other.
You've taught me well.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#288406
Mar 8, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

1

Susanm wrote:
<quoted text>
You've taught me well.
Nonsense. I ignored both.
Gtown71

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#288407
Mar 8, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

feces for jesus wrote:
<quoted text>
So you get to ignore all of Leviticus because you're not Jewish? What else in the bible does not apply to you, Mr. Cherry Picker?
God wrote laws for His chosen people, yet did they keep them? No

God writes His Law on the heart of all people. A person doesn't have to read things in any book, or be told it is wrong.

They just "know " that what they are doing is Not right.

God has made things very clear to all man -we have all sinned and fell short of His Glory.
Jesus even made things more clear, when He said if a married person sleeps with someone other then their spouse, they commit adultery, but if you even look upon another with lust, you have already commited adultery. If you're single, its called fornication "which is just as bad in Gods eyes ".

If you hate a person for no reason, you've commited murder, but then He goes on to say, that if you have failed in one area, then you've failed in all.

The reason He does this, is to simply show us how nobody is "good enough " on their own to merit Heaven.
Only those who have the "imputed rightousness " of God is worthy.

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#288408
Mar 8, 2013
 

Judged:

2

1

1

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
From ourjourney.org
So, while unprincipled people prosper in the short-term, in the long-term they are headed for ruin. Jesus said that those who follow Him have a cross to bear (Matthew 16:24), and His cross involves forgoing the temporary and short-lived pleasures of a self-absorbed life. Jesus gave up earthly power, wealth, and security, even to the point of directly confronting Satan’s entrenched power in the political and religious systems and authorities of His day. Although the immediate result of His self-sacrifice was persecution, torture, and death, the lasting result was His resurrection and vindication, and the fulfillment of Israel’s hope.
Those who seek eternal life will experience some short-term pain that others may avoid. But the rewards far outweigh the costs (Proverbs 3:13-24; Matthew 6:33; 11:28-30; 19:29; John 16:33; 2 Corinthians 1:5).—Dan VanderLugt
It isn't about this life.
"Those who seek eternal life will experience some short-term pain that others may avoid. But the rewards far outweigh the costs...
It isn't about this life."

This is the only life we truly know we have. A next one...eternal life? You don't even know if that really exists. You don't know for a fact there are rewards awaiting you for bearing some figurative cross in you life.

The point is that many fundies on here try to speak for God in their favor..."god wants, feels, believes, commands, etc..." but then Sassy comes along and claims sections of the bible that were quoted by a PCer is not "relevant" to "today" and inferred that just because the bible supported something (ripping pregnant women open and smashing infants heads on rocks, I believe) doesn't mean it's okay for us to do. Fundies can't use the Bible to support their position and then claim the bible isn't "relevant" when the opposing side uses the Bible for the same purpose.

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#288409
Mar 8, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Susanm wrote:
<quoted text>
You want me to address the rest of your post? OK-Petey gets what he dishes out.
So does Tom Tom.

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#288410
Mar 8, 2013
 
A republican wrote Roe v Wade
Gtown71

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#288411
Mar 8, 2013
 

Judged:

3

3

3

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't see this, hence my response. Sorry too.
We are just going to disagree on what the Bible means in this instance.
Yes -you and about 99.9% of all other humans with a 1st grade level of reading or more, who can clearly see, the bible says NOTHING about an abortion, or even a pregnant woman in those verses "numbers chapter 5 verses sto and katie,who say it does. Lol
The Prince

Phillipsburg, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#288412
Mar 8, 2013
 
Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
Is there a reason why Tom Tom keeps making insulting remarks about people just because they're gay?
You are almost as dense as the other proabort pagan, bitter. Not as dense but close. I have not insulted Vladdy. In fact, I have often praised his honesty as compared to the rest of you pagans. He feels a woman should kill her unborn child whenever she wants to and makes no apologies for it. He doesn't play word games like biter and claim he hates the act but agrese with the right, and all that pagan mumbo jumbo.

Vladdy is gay. He is an abnormal male as all gay men are. Lesbians are abnormal women. I don't hate them or insult them, I merely state the facts of biology. We are created with a primary purpose of mating and reproducing. Pagans hate that and willnot accept the fundamental truth of our existence. You see it as limiting your self-cenetered universe. Vladdy likes to take it from other men, that is not a normal action. I pray for Vladdy. I would even have a drink with Vladdy but I still would maintain he is defective in his sexual orientation. We all have some degree of imperfectiona as based on the perfect image of God which is Jesus Christ. We do are best but at times fall short.

By the way, Vladdy has a pretty sharp mind and tongue and can take care of himself. I would not pick on him becasue he is gay. If I did, he can ddefend himself better than you. I do point out to him at times his stameents are more about his gayness than the issue at hand.

Now back to spell school with you, pagan.
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#288413
Mar 8, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
"Those who seek eternal life will experience some short-term pain that others may avoid. But the rewards far outweigh the costs...
It isn't about this life."
This is the only life we truly know we have. A next one...eternal life? You don't even know if that really exists. You don't know for a fact there are rewards awaiting you for bearing some figurative cross in you life.
The point is that many fundies on here try to speak for God in their favor..."god wants, feels, believes, commands, etc..." but then Sassy comes along and claims sections of the bible that were quoted by a PCer is not "relevant" to "today" and inferred that just because the bible supported something (ripping pregnant women open and smashing infants heads on rocks, I believe) doesn't mean it's okay for us to do. Fundies can't use the Bible to support their position and then claim the bible isn't "relevant" when the opposing side uses the Bible for the same purpose.
First, I think fundamentalist is probably an incorrect term to describe those of us who believe in God.

That belief means that our Father in heaven has a purpose for us other than to just exist for a short time and perish.

Anyone who does believe does have the Ten Commandments to tell us what God wants from us and Christians have that restated by Jesus for all people.

I believe the Bible is relevant though maybe not literal.

I also think that believing in God gets in the way of living the life you want so some choose not to believe. It makes all bad choices easier if you think there is no judgement.
Gtown71

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#288414
Mar 8, 2013
 

Judged:

2

1

1

The Prince wrote:
<quoted text>
You are almost as dense as the other proabort pagan, bitter. Not as dense but close. I have not insulted Vladdy. In fact, I have often praised his honesty as compared to the rest of you pagans. He feels a woman should kill her unborn child whenever she wants to and makes no apologies for it. He doesn't play word games like biter and claim he hates the act but agrese with the right, and all that pagan mumbo jumbo.
Vladdy is gay. He is an abnormal male as all gay men are. Lesbians are abnormal women. I don't hate them or insult them, I merely state the facts of biology. We are created with a primary purpose of mating and reproducing. Pagans hate that and willnot accept the fundamental truth of our existence. You see it as limiting your self-cenetered universe. Vladdy likes to take it from other men, that is not a normal action. I pray for Vladdy. I would even have a drink with Vladdy but I still would maintain he is defective in his sexual orientation. We all have some degree of imperfectiona as based on the perfect image of God which is Jesus Christ. We do are best but at times fall short.
By the way, Vladdy has a pretty sharp mind and tongue and can take care of himself. I would not pick on him becasue he is gay. If I did, he can ddefend himself better than you. I do point out to him at times his stameents are more about his gayness than the issue at hand.
Now back to spell school with you, pagan.
Purdy well put!:)
STO

Vallejo, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#288415
Mar 8, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
First, I think fundamentalist is probably an incorrect term to describe those of us who believe in God.
That belief means that our Father in heaven has a purpose for us other than to just exist for a short time and perish.
Anyone who does believe does have the Ten Commandments to tell us what God wants from us and Christians have that restated by Jesus for all people.
I believe the Bible is relevant though maybe not literal.
I also think that believing in God gets in the way of living the life you want so some choose not to believe. It makes all bad choices easier if you think there is no judgement.
Hey Ink! Did you miss my questions regarding your interpretation of the Law of Jealousies?

Ink wrote: "I think it says she will get a hell of a bellyache and maybe even some kind of infection that would cause her to be sterile."

How would those body responses prove her infidelity?

How would she or anyone else know she was sterile?

What if she was sterile before drinking the bitter water; how would that prove anything?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 270,921 - 270,940 of303,279
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent NCAA Basketball Discussions

Search the NCAA Basketball Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 3 min number four 216,949
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min Putin 1,034,141
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 17 hr Fight On 26,094
Syracuse basketball: Jim Boeheim tells ESPN Tyl... Apr 14 Lenox Da Kid 2
loan offer (Jun '13) Apr 14 Bryan Cranston 81
Burke Calls Shots With The Best (Feb '08) Apr 12 maryann 19
Do you hate UK Wildcats, we DO :-) (Apr '11) Apr 12 plenty 49
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••