Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Comments (Page 13,546)

Showing posts 270,901 - 270,920 of304,884
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Judged:

Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
"Those who seek eternal life will experience some short-term pain that others may avoid. But the rewards far outweigh the costs...
It isn't about this life."
This is the only life we truly know we have. A next one...eternal life? You don't even know if that really exists. You don't know for a fact there are rewards awaiting you for bearing some figurative cross in you life.
The point is that many fundies on here try to speak for God in their favor..."god wants, feels, believes, commands, etc..." but then Sassy comes along and claims sections of the bible that were quoted by a PCer is not "relevant" to "today" and inferred that just because the bible supported something (ripping pregnant women open and smashing infants heads on rocks, I believe) doesn't mean it's okay for us to do. Fundies can't use the Bible to support their position and then claim the bible isn't "relevant" when the opposing side uses the Bible for the same purpose.
First, I think fundamentalist is probably an incorrect term to describe those of us who believe in God.

That belief means that our Father in heaven has a purpose for us other than to just exist for a short time and perish.

Anyone who does believe does have the Ten Commandments to tell us what God wants from us and Christians have that restated by Jesus for all people.

I believe the Bible is relevant though maybe not literal.

I also think that believing in God gets in the way of living the life you want so some choose not to believe. It makes all bad choices easier if you think there is no judgement.
Gtown71

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Judged:

The Prince wrote:
<quoted text>
You are almost as dense as the other proabort pagan, bitter. Not as dense but close. I have not insulted Vladdy. In fact, I have often praised his honesty as compared to the rest of you pagans. He feels a woman should kill her unborn child whenever she wants to and makes no apologies for it. He doesn't play word games like biter and claim he hates the act but agrese with the right, and all that pagan mumbo jumbo.
Vladdy is gay. He is an abnormal male as all gay men are. Lesbians are abnormal women. I don't hate them or insult them, I merely state the facts of biology. We are created with a primary purpose of mating and reproducing. Pagans hate that and willnot accept the fundamental truth of our existence. You see it as limiting your self-cenetered universe. Vladdy likes to take it from other men, that is not a normal action. I pray for Vladdy. I would even have a drink with Vladdy but I still would maintain he is defective in his sexual orientation. We all have some degree of imperfectiona as based on the perfect image of God which is Jesus Christ. We do are best but at times fall short.
By the way, Vladdy has a pretty sharp mind and tongue and can take care of himself. I would not pick on him becasue he is gay. If I did, he can ddefend himself better than you. I do point out to him at times his stameents are more about his gayness than the issue at hand.
Now back to spell school with you, pagan.
Purdy well put!:)
STO

Vallejo, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Judged:

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
First, I think fundamentalist is probably an incorrect term to describe those of us who believe in God.
That belief means that our Father in heaven has a purpose for us other than to just exist for a short time and perish.
Anyone who does believe does have the Ten Commandments to tell us what God wants from us and Christians have that restated by Jesus for all people.
I also think that believing in God gets in the way of living the life you want so some choose not to believe. It makes all bad choices easier if you think there is no judgement.
Hey Ink! Did you miss my questions regarding your interpretation of the Law of Jealousies?

Ink wrote: "I think it says she will get a hell of a bellyache and maybe even some kind of infection that would cause her to be sterile."

How would those body responses prove her infidelity?

How would she or anyone else know she was sterile?

What if she was sterile before drinking the bitter water; how would that prove anything?

Since: Feb 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Judged:

Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Nonsense. I ignored both.
You ignore a lot from pro"choicers".
Effigy of the Forgotten

Bellmore, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Judged:

Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
God wrote laws for His chosen people, yet did they keep them? No
God writes His Law on the heart of all people. A person doesn't have to read things in any book, or be told it is wrong.
They just "know " that what they are doing is Not right.
God has made things very clear to all man -we have all sinned and fell short of His Glory.
Jesus even made things more clear, when He said if a married person sleeps with someone other then their spouse, they commit adultery, but if you even look upon another with lust, you have already commited adultery. If you're single, its called fornication "which is just as bad in Gods eyes ".
If you hate a person for no reason, you've commited murder, but then He goes on to say, that if you have failed in one area, then you've failed in all.
The reason He does this, is to simply show us how nobody is "good enough " on their own to merit Heaven.
Only those who have the "imputed rightousness " of God is worthy.
God wrote the bible? I must have missed where he signed it.

Continue to cherry pick the bible and whine about how the world isn't how you'd like it to be.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Judged:

Susanm wrote:
<quoted text>
You ignore a lot from pro"choicers".
I don't know any pro-"choicers". I know pro-choicers. BTW, I ignore a lot from anti-choicers too. You're the one whining about nastiness from the opposition, completely ignoring the provocation.

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Judged:

The Prince wrote:
<quoted text>
You are almost as dense as the other proabort pagan, bitter. Not as dense but close. I have not insulted Vladdy. In fact, I have often praised his honesty as compared to the rest of you pagans. He feels a woman should kill her unborn child whenever she wants to and makes no apologies for it. He doesn't play word games like biter and claim he hates the act but agrese with the right, and all that pagan mumbo jumbo.
Vladdy is gay. He is an abnormal male as all gay men are. Lesbians are abnormal women. I don't hate them or insult them, I merely state the facts of biology. We are created with a primary purpose of mating and reproducing. Pagans hate that and willnot accept the fundamental truth of our existence. You see it as limiting your self-cenetered universe. Vladdy likes to take it from other men, that is not a normal action. I pray for Vladdy. I would even have a drink with Vladdy but I still would maintain he is defective in his sexual orientation. We all have some degree of imperfectiona as based on the perfect image of God which is Jesus Christ. We do are best but at times fall short.
By the way, Vladdy has a pretty sharp mind and tongue and can take care of himself. I would not pick on him becasue he is gay. If I did, he can ddefend himself better than you. I do point out to him at times his stameents are more about his gayness than the issue at hand.
Now back to spell school with you, pagan.
You want him bad, real bad.

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Judged:

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I think on your last point you are very wrong. I'm an atheist yet I don't drink or do drugs, I'm faithful to my spouse, I don't commit crimes, I work at avoiding gossiping about people, and I don't even like swearing or gratuitous sex on TV and in movies. I don't cheat people and actually do nothing that goes against your 10 Commandments that I'm aware of...so how is not believing in God affect the way I live my life? I try to be decent because I just want to be a good person and remembered in a good way, a way that made a positive impact on people's lives, not because I expect some award for it in another life. And I don't think I'm an exception in a world full of decadent atheists. I'm often amazed over how many people I've known, or been acquainted with, who talk about their church and such but then does things like drink and party or cheat on their spouse or pilfer from the company or even make the dirtiest jokes I've ever heard. Belief in God doesn't seem to stop a lot of people from living an indecent lifestyle. Just look at the religious conservative politicians who are corrupt and use their public office for self-gain, just like any other brand of politician. I just don't see where a belief in God keeps people on the straight and narrow.

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Judged:

Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Purdy well put!:)
Yes, he did a fine job of making his ignorance and hate seem "purdy" to his fellow fundies.

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Judged:

Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know any pro-"choicers". I know pro-choicers. BTW, I ignore a lot from anti-choicers too. You're the one whining about nastiness from the opposition, completely ignoring the provocation.
Exactly.

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Judged:

What else do you call someone who impregnates a 13yo?
Susanm wrote:
<quoted text>
Is there a reason that you keep posting this stupid comment?

Indianapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Judged:

Tommy presents nothing of substance, just "pagansinnergaywiccan " blathering. What are we supposed to debate, his punctuation?
<quoted text>
So you're admonishing cpeter for making comments as "payback" but say nothing about the "ignorant" insulting comments Tom Tom is making towards him?

Indianapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Judged:

Oh, please; you think tommy is speaking without negative intent?
Susanm wrote:
<quoted text>
There is a difference why the comments are being made. Tom Tom is speaking from ignorance, Petey is speaking just to piss him off.
Katie

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
I think on your last point you are very wrong. I'm an atheist yet I don't drink or do drugs, I'm faithful to my spouse, I don't commit crimes, I work at avoiding gossiping about people, and I don't even like swearing or gratuitous sex on TV and in movies. I don't cheat people and actually do nothing that goes against your 10 Commandments that I'm aware of...so how is not believing in God affect the way I live my life? I try to be decent because I just want to be a good person and remembered in a good way, a way that made a positive impact on people's lives, not because I expect some award for it in another life. And I don't think I'm an exception in a world full of decadent atheists. I'm often amazed over how many people I've known, or been acquainted with, who talk about their church and such but then does things like drink and party or cheat on their spouse or pilfer from the company or even make the dirtiest jokes I've ever heard. Belief in God doesn't seem to stop a lot of people from living an indecent lifestyle. Just look at the religious conservative politicians who are corrupt and use their public office for self-gain, just like any other brand of politician. I just don't see where a belief in God keeps people on the straight and narrow.
Hear! Hear!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Judged:

cpeter1313 wrote:
What else do you call someone who impregnates a 13yo?
<quoted text>
In Biblical times, a 13 year old wasn't considered a child.

Indianapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Judged:

So we're wrong today and porking 13yo's is okay? Your god approves of it.

Then there's that wham-bam-thank-ya-virgin thing, when that virgin is already betrothed. And then you can add in the deadbeat dad in the sky, leaving another man to raise the kid?

Such a role model, this god of yours.
Susanm wrote:
<quoted text>
In Biblical times, a 13 year old wasn't considered a child.
Gtown71

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Judged:

Effigy of the Forgotten wrote:
<quoted text>
God wrote the bible? I must have missed where he signed it.
Continue to cherry pick the bible and whine about how the world isn't how you'd like it to be.
Yes -He either inspired every word, or we can pick and choose those He did or didn't , and if this world is all you want it to be, and getting better, then I'm happy for you :)

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Judged:

cpeter1313 wrote:
So we're wrong today and porking 13yo's is okay? Your god approves of it.
Then there's that wham-bam-thank-ya-virgin thing, when that virgin is already betrothed. And then you can add in the deadbeat dad in the sky, leaving another man to raise the kid?
Such a role model, this god of yours.
<quoted text>
So all the 13yr olds that became pregnant in Biblical times were raped?
Gtown71

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
I have no doubt that you're telling the truth, but why do you think God wrote the 10 c's on stone?
He could have used gold or many things, so why stone?

It is becouse you either keep them, or you break them.

This is why The Bible makes clear, that we have all broke them.

If me and you had dirtbikes, that ran on how good we are, or live, and we must both jump the grand canyon, then perhaps mine would only go a few feet, before falling to my death, and you may make it 99% of the way, BUT we would both die.

There is nothing Good in me, except the "imputed " rightousness from God.

A "good " person can be very hard to make understand why they need the free gift of God.

Indianapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

Judged:

Technically, no, since they were married--aother step your deity forgot.

So, again--if your god approves of pregnant 13yo's, why don't we allow it now?
Susanm wrote:
<quoted text>
So all the 13yr olds that became pregnant in Biblical times were raped?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 270,901 - 270,920 of304,884
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent NCAA Basketball Discussions

Search the NCAA Basketball Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 1 hr shinningelectr0n 1,071,178
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 1 hr Lab28 222,983
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 11 hr Bruin For Life 26,609
Do you need a loan of any kind?we will be very ... (Aug '13) Jul 7 mutedo 2
Best Logo in the America East Jul 3 Mike Sivo 1
How to recover lost data from iPhone/iPad/iPod- Jul 2 Kelly 6
Antwon White - Guilty (Sep '07) Jul 2 the system smh 21
•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••