Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday 305,687
Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision. Full Story
Gtown71

United States

#288378 Mar 8, 2013
feces for jesus wrote:
<quoted text>
I can accept that Leviticus appears to speak of homosexuality, but Corinthians and Timothy do not mention it at all.
I'd love to know if you put your faith in Leviticus since it says that someone who violates those laws should be put to death.
And hey.... Jonnycakes (gtown), you might want to skip Leviticus 20:10 says you should be put down for cheating on your wife. How Pro-Life of God!
I guess you religitards can refer to Leviticus at your discretion, ignoring or honoring the "Word(s)" as you please.
Well, after you see what an affair does to many people, then you might agree. I almost put myself down over the deal. Many do -however, I am not a jew, and most laws were written for tbe jew to be a seperate people.
Gtown71

United States

#288379 Mar 8, 2013
STO wrote:
<quoted text>
Stay on the sidelines wit yor pom poms, Gtown. The players have taken the field. lol
Yes wise one, please educate us dumb ole folks who know nothing. Feel free to add to or take away as much of Gods word as you wish, since you seem to have no problem doing so.

See if you can tell me how to pray, so I'll get good parking spots at the mall and wal mart, joel O.:)
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

#288380 Mar 8, 2013
STO wrote:
<quoted text>
The husband doesn't give his wife the "bitter water". The priest does.
I did not add "vomiting" and "headache". I was merely using them as examples that could not prove the wife's infidelity, as Ink was claiming miscarriage/abortion could not prove infidelity. What would?
Whether you believe the "bitter water" causes miscarriage or not, it certainly causes the guilty woman's body to respond in such a way that proves her guilt, according to the Law. Ink is stating that her body response cannot prove her guilt and so claims God's Law "makes no sense". She is calling God a liar.
I am not calling anybody a liar, certainly not God. What I said over and over is that 'your explanation' doesn't make sense. As I read it in the Bible, it does make sense. I also believe that a woman would probably admit her 'guilt' before she actually drank the water if she believed 'her belly would swell and her genitals would fall off.'
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

#288381 Mar 8, 2013
Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
If you believe that then you have to believe that God punishes the non-evil as well. How many times has a good and decent person died a horrible death or had so many bad things happen to them that people ask why, why them? And decent people are often left to wonder why so many "evil" people prosper.
It's too easy to make God's actions out to be anything you want them to be.
From ourjourney.org

So, while unprincipled people prosper in the short-term, in the long-term they are headed for ruin. Jesus said that those who follow Him have a cross to bear (Matthew 16:24), and His cross involves forgoing the temporary and short-lived pleasures of a self-absorbed life. Jesus gave up earthly power, wealth, and security, even to the point of directly confronting Satanís entrenched power in the political and religious systems and authorities of His day. Although the immediate result of His self-sacrifice was persecution, torture, and death, the lasting result was His resurrection and vindication, and the fulfillment of Israelís hope.

Those who seek eternal life will experience some short-term pain that others may avoid. But the rewards far outweigh the costs (Proverbs 3:13-24; Matthew 6:33; 11:28-30; 19:29; John 16:33; 2 Corinthians 1:5).óDan VanderLugt

It isn't about this life.
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

#288382 Mar 8, 2013
STO wrote:
<quoted text>
You've given up on the debate. No problem. At least you had to think about it. Which is all I could hope for.
Yes and I reject the idea that the meaning of the law was to cause an abortion. God who knows you in the womb wouldn't do that.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#288383 Mar 8, 2013
Susanm wrote:
<quoted text>
There is a difference why the comments are being made. Tom Tom is speaking from ignorance, Petey is speaking just to piss him off.
Nonsense. Tom Tom is not speaking from ignorance, but from hate. He's getting back what he's giving out.

And what the do you care anyway? Is your finger broken? Scroll.

Since: Feb 07

Location hidden

#288384 Mar 8, 2013
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Nonsense. Tom Tom is not speaking from ignorance, but from hate. He's getting back what he's giving out.
And what the do you care anyway? Is your finger broken? Scroll.
"And what the do you care anyway? Is your finger broken? Scroll."

Right back at ya.
Muddy

Wise, VA

#288385 Mar 8, 2013
STO wrote:
<quoted text>
That's nice. You have no explanation, of course. But it's great to know you question God's Law as He gave it. Heck, you're not even questioning it. You're rejecting it.
God's law does NOT mention abortion!!
STO

Vallejo, CA

#288386 Mar 8, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not calling anybody a liar, certainly not God. What I said over and over is that 'your explanation' doesn't make sense. As I read it in the Bible, it does make sense. I also believe that a woman would probably admit her 'guilt' before she actually drank the water if she believed 'her belly would swell and her genitals would fall off.'
" What I said over and over is that 'your explanation' doesn't make sense. As I read it in the Bible, it does make sense."

What is the difference?
STO

Vallejo, CA

#288387 Mar 8, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes and I reject the idea that the meaning of the law was to cause an abortion. God who knows you in the womb wouldn't do that.
"You and I"?

You. Not me.

I accept the translations, as explained to you.

What do you expect to gain by lying about me?
STO

Vallejo, CA

#288388 Mar 8, 2013
Sorry, Ink. I mean that sincerely. I misread, "Yes and I". Thought it said, "You and I".

Again, my apologies.
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

#288389 Mar 8, 2013
STO wrote:
<quoted text>
" What I said over and over is that 'your explanation' doesn't make sense. As I read it in the Bible, it does make sense."
What is the difference?
You said the bitter water would cause an abortion if the woman has been unfaithful.
I said that is not what the Bible says.
STO

Vallejo, CA

#288390 Mar 8, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes wise one, please educate us dumb ole folks who know nothing.
I do my best!
Ink

Philadelphia, PA

#288391 Mar 8, 2013
STO wrote:
<quoted text>
"You and I"?
You. Not me.
I accept the translations, as explained to you.
What do you expect to gain by lying about me?
Huh? Are you related to Bitner?
STO

Vallejo, CA

#288392 Mar 8, 2013
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Seems to me none of 'em can debate the merits of the PC position. Yet it doesn't slow 'em down from forging ahead come hell or high water.
(pun intended)
ha!

You see Ink's conclusion to the entire exchange? Boils down to, "I'm right and you're wrong, but I don't know why."

Incredible.

Wouldn't it be at least the slightest bit honest for her to admit I made my case, even if she doesn't accept it? Did I not give translations with links? Is it invisible to them?

I just..Katie..I don't get these people. It's..I don't know..I want to say dishonest, but deaf, dumb, blind and stupid seem to fit better.
STO

Vallejo, CA

#288393 Mar 8, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
You said the bitter water would cause an abortion if the woman has been unfaithful.
I said that is not what the Bible says.
What is the difference? What do you think the Bible "says"?
STO

Vallejo, CA

#288394 Mar 8, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Huh? Are you related to Bitner?
I made a mistake. I apologized. If you see that as cause to attack Bitner, you justify it. Okay?
feces for jesus

Bellmore, NY

#288395 Mar 8, 2013
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
I only posted it because I was asked.
The laws were very stringent back then to protect family lines and inheritances. Today, many people don't care or respect whose baby is who's.
I
Those laws don't seem to fit in with the "pro-life" mindset, do they?
feces for jesus

Bellmore, NY

#288396 Mar 8, 2013
Gtown71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, after you see what an affair does to many people, then you might agree. I almost put myself down over the deal. Many do -however, I am not a jew, and most laws were written for tbe jew to be a seperate people.
So you get to ignore all of Leviticus because you're not Jewish? What else in the bible does not apply to you, Mr. Cherry Picker?
Katie

Spanaway, WA

#288397 Mar 8, 2013
STO wrote:
<quoted text>
ha!
You see Ink's conclusion to the entire exchange? Boils down to, "I'm right and you're wrong, but I don't know why."
Incredible.
Wouldn't it be at least the slightest bit honest for her to admit I made my case, even if she doesn't accept it? Did I not give translations with links? Is it invisible to them?
I just..Katie..I don't get these people. It's..I don't know..I want to say dishonest, but deaf, dumb, blind and stupid seem to fit better.
One of her posts to you explains about God knowing you in the womb. That she doesn't understand why he'd allow abortion of someone he knew in the womb.

Which, of course, doesn't cover that all things are supposed to be through God. That God has His reasons. That if people can believe God has His plan, why can't they believe abortion IS part of that plan?

Why is abortion being focused on as if it were an atrocity? Why are so many fetal-focused to the exclusion of all else? Dishonest, deaf, dumb, blind, and stupid seem to amount to Willful Ignorance, imo.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 6 min RealDave 1,110,464
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 12 min Gordon 227,867
Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 1 hr mix an match 200,976
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 3 hr Trojan 27,428
Freshman Jonah Bolden declared ineligible for U... Sep 12 Brew In 1
Indiana Basketball: 2015 Forward Juwan Morgan C... Sep 11 Mike Williams 1
ACC Tournament 2014: Biggest Storylines to Watc... (Mar '14) Sep 11 Anonymous 2
•••
•••

NCAA Basketball People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••