Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 313657 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#264197 Oct 16, 2012
LadiLulu wrote:
<quoted text>
Better yet, let's push for legislation that states that MEN can only have sex for procreation purposes, and it MUST be within the confines of a marriage.
This is *precisely* what the religious right is pushing for so, by golly, let's enforce it.
No more mistresses, hookers, male prostitutes for these old boys. Limit them to sex to create children, then lop em off.
Think they'll go for it?
lol
What about circle jerks? The Catholic boys just love those:-D
Tondaleyo

United States

#264198 Oct 16, 2012
LadiLulu wrote:
<quoted text>
Better yet, let's push for legislation that states that MEN can only have sex for procreation purposes, and it MUST be within the confines of a marriage.
This is *precisely* what the religious right is pushing for so, by golly, let's enforce it.
No more mistresses, hookers, male prostitutes for these old boys. Limit them to sex to create children, then lop em off.
Think they'll go for it?
lol
The *religious right* is pushing for morality, NOT having premarital sex BOTH men and women. Actually this is how mankind lived for thousands of years. THIS is what God wants us to do. Do you want to offend God?

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#264199 Oct 16, 2012
Tondaleyo wrote:
<quoted text>The *religious right* is pushing for morality, NOT having premarital sex BOTH men and women.
ROFLMAO! Given how many of the 'religious right' is not only HAVING premarital sex, but having extra-marital affairs and like too many priests, molesting children, this is a JOKE.

Actually this is how mankind lived for thousands of years.
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAA!!!
THIS is what God wants us to do.
Who died and made the likes of YOU as G-d's spokesperson Knutter?
Katie

Graham, WA

#264200 Oct 16, 2012
AyakaNeo wrote:
<quoted text>If I remember correctly, might have been Pennsylvania, could have been Missouri tried to pass an Act requiring testing for viability before an abortion could be done in the 20th week or beyond. The SC ruled it unconstitutional. Measuring weight and size by ultrasound or "guessing" the gestational age according to the last menstrual cycle is not reliable because it's going to vary from woman to woman. Amnio is the only test I know of that can measure lung function and you just can't go sticking big needles in a woman's belly to find out without their consent. Besides, amnio is dangerous to the woman.
All excellent points. And you're right. Except for a live preemie already born, determining viability is mostly guess work. I think the link provided yesterday might even concede that point.
Katie

Graham, WA

#264201 Oct 16, 2012
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>And then there's the posters that think there religious leaders should determine medical issues, even for peoples not associated with their organization. No, thank you.

Oh heaven forbid, we don't want to forget that little tidbit.

:\

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#264202 Oct 16, 2012
Tondaleyo wrote:
<quoted text>The *religious right* is pushing for morality, NOT having premarital sex BOTH men and women. Actually this is how mankind lived for thousands of years. THIS is what God wants us to do. Do you want to offend God?
The religious right can push all they want but the non-religious people don't have to live by their idea of morality.

You're nuts. There has always been premarital sex for as long as there has been marriage.

There is no God to offend. So I know I'm not worried about it.

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#264203 Oct 16, 2012
Man,,, I'm hating this laptop, the keys are too close together, I can't link, and I can't stand not having a mouse..you think you're pressing enter, but then it brings up google. WTH,, caps lock stays on, have to back track all the time cause my typing on this thing sucks. I know you guys think it's all worth it cause it's me, but I don't know,,, I just don't know....

Location hidden

#264204 Oct 16, 2012
Tondaleyo wrote:
<quoted text>The *religious right* is pushing for morality, NOT having premarital sex BOTH men and women. Actually this is how mankind lived for thousands of years. THIS is what God wants us to do. Do you want to offend God?
Knutter, in the 70's there was a saying "THE MORAL MAJORITY IS NEITHER".

That still applies today.

Location hidden

#264205 Oct 16, 2012
gonna leave this how it would normally look if I didn't go back all the time

here goes...

I like coming here cause it;s you guys, in fact i love harrassubg most of you, it gives me a fair bit of chuckles, but I gotta think, is it really worth it, I know most of you would say yes,,, I ca'n't even hear the clicks, it's silent,,, i hate that. not only that but going back is a huge headache, dammit people, whatever happened to the good ole fashoindd computer. i\m going to go back to that one the new desk and comp gets hooekd up. i wish i wasn't so lazy when it comes to new stuff. like this freakin thing, i hate it, no thank you, but i gott a pretend WOW THIs is great..... dammit,, i miss 10 years ago

Location hidden

#264206 Oct 16, 2012
i'd love to go back but the arrow isn''t cooperating, no clicks, takes too much time, dang it. im happy in that i don't need headphones anymore to listen to music, but then the kisd yell at me cause my taste in music sucks, i gotta turn it down. my headphones are always beig used cause forget their taste in music, i hate Country Crap..........
\

dammit....dammit dammit dammit

k, Frankie goes to Hollywood AGAIN. hahahahahahhahahaha

they don't wabt to give up the headphones, Stroke it too is on my list\\
Can't forget video killed the radio star,,, ppor little bastards. hahahhahahah

Location hidden

#264207 Oct 16, 2012
Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>

You're nuts. There has always been premarital sex for as long as there has been marriage.
GASP, How dare you say that,,, HOW DARE YOU!!! Bite your tongue young lady (I did,, teehee)

Location hidden

#264208 Oct 16, 2012
LadiLulu wrote:
<quoted text>
please oh please oh please,,,,, that would be a good excuse rather thn the one already used\\

please oh please......\\

ya, lets push for that, I'll have my document ready to mail if I can get a few signatures\

this is the best idea yet LL

“...sigh”

Since: Nov 09

Smithtown, NY

#264209 Oct 16, 2012
Tondaleyo wrote:
Really? So you know for a fact that there was no adultery in Roman times, for example? Or even 500 years ago?

(Careful, Knit. I know the answer to this one already.)

If the religious right is pushing for "morality", why do so many of them end up with their pants around their ankles? Do as I say, not as I do, perchance?
Tondaleyo

United States

#264210 Oct 16, 2012
Long Night Moon 13 wrote:
<quoted text>
The religious right can push all they want but the non-religious people don't have to live by their idea of morality.
There is no God to offend. So I know I'm not worried about it.
Ninety nine percent believed pre marital sex was wrong the other...prostitutes who didn't. Women who had premarital sex and along with men were called low lives. Pre marital sex is a sin and against God,many believe that.
Tondaleyo

United States

#264211 Oct 16, 2012
LadiLulu wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? So you know for a fact that there was no adultery in Roman times, for example? Or even 500 years ago?
(Careful, Knit. I know the answer to this one already.)
If the religious right is pushing for "morality", why do so many of them end up with their pants around their ankles? Do as I say, not as I do, perchance?
Roman times...Remember those Roman times were pagan , where every third young boy was there for a man if you get what i mean. Pagans in the Roman times martyred men and women who thought premarital sex was wrong, many saints came out of that era. The mother who had a little girl or wasn't perfect presented the baby to the father,if he didn't like the baby he made the mother lay the poor thing on the ground to die. The Roman empire fell because of immorality.
Tondaleyo

United States

#264212 Oct 16, 2012
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Knutter, in the 70's there was a saying "THE MORAL MAJORITY IS NEITHER".
That still applies today.
People said a lot of things in the seventies, which just aren't true.a very pathetic and sad time.

Location hidden

#264213 Oct 16, 2012
Tondaleyo wrote:
<quoted text> People said a lot of things in the seventies, which just aren't true.a very pathetic and sad time.
No Knutbar, you are a pathetic and sad excuse for a human being. That particular saying was true then, and is TRUER now.

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#264216 Oct 16, 2012
Tondaleyo wrote:
<quoted text>Ninety nine percent believed pre marital sex was wrong the other...prostitutes who didn't. Women who had premarital sex and along with men were called low lives. Pre marital sex is a sin and against God,many believe that.
First of all, prove that there is a god. After that, we'll discuss the rest of your post.

“...sigh”

Smithtown, NY

#264221 Oct 17, 2012
Tondaleyo wrote:
<quoted text>Roman times...Remember those Roman times were pagan , where every third young boy was there for a man if you get what i mean. Pagans in the Roman times martyred men and women who thought premarital sex was wrong, many saints came out of that era. The mother who had a little girl or wasn't perfect presented the baby to the father,if he didn't like the baby he made the mother lay the poor thing on the ground to die. The Roman empire fell because of immorality.
Actually, it fell because of lead poisoning, among other things. So-called "immorality" had absolutely nothint to do with it.

Now, forgetting about the Romans, adultery has been around since men and women have been around, and some of the most "celebrated" "moral people" in history have been the most "immoral".

Ever hear of the Borgias?

http://europeanhistory.about.com/od/italyandt...

The bottom line is, just because someone calls themselves "moral" and demands that everyone else adhere to their "standards", does not make them remotely "moral". Time and time again we have seen people affiliated with the religious right turn out to be adulterers, etc. They are hypocrites, simply put.

“...sigh”

Smithtown, NY

#264222 Oct 17, 2012
Tondaleyo wrote:
<quoted text>Ninety nine percent believed pre marital sex was wrong the other...prostitutes who didn't. Women who had premarital sex and along with men were called low lives. Pre marital sex is a sin and against God,many believe that.
So all the religious right adulterers and religious men who molest little boys and girls are "low lives," according to you?

I couldn't agree more.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min Pete 1,508,790
News Buzzer-beating shot lifts Florida over Wisconsi... 1 hr STOP 1
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 21 hr AllPhartx 32,818
News Western Michigan heads to Illinois as a favorite (Sep '16) Mar 16 MakePhartce 105
News North Carolina Governor Who Signed Bathroom Bil... Mar 15 Bath phart 2
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) Mar 14 superwilly 258,490
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) Mar 14 Into The Night 11,123
More from around the web