Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 314353 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

#263118 Oct 10, 2012
elise in burque wrote:
So, how about them (insert team name here?)
PACKERS!

“Make time ”

Since: Sep 09

for contemplation

#263119 Oct 10, 2012
LadiLulu wrote:
<quoted text>
As have I, AJ.
I feel as if the Romney campaign has lied more, though. His constant flip-flopping, the "47%", etc., are driving me crazy. I just get the feeling that the "real" Romney was secretly taped that day, and that is troubling. He cares not a whit for the middle class, or does he? I'm perplexed and frustrated.
La, I don't know what he cares about... I still cannot get over his treatment of man's "best friend".

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/05/01/mitt...

What caring person would do this?

“Make time ”

for contemplation

#263120 Oct 10, 2012
OLD LADY wrote:
<quoted text>
It is hard to believe that a man is telling the truth when you know that you would lie if you were in his place.~Henry Louis Mencken, A Little Book in C Major, 1916 :)
Ha! Does that mean it takes an habitual liar to spot an equally well skilled liar?
Phil

Saint Louis, MO

#263121 Oct 10, 2012
elise in burque wrote:
St. Louis Rams
Ink

Feasterville Trevose, PA

#263122 Oct 10, 2012
corgilicious wrote:
Ink,please explain why you are posting about women who are pregnant have the OK from the Catholic Church to abort if the woman thinks their life is in danger? You are spreading lies and need to talk to a priest. Its only when there is a tubal pregnancy.
Of course a direct deliberate abortion is never allowed. I thought I was clear that any procedure or treatment to actually save a mother's life is permissible even if the child dies as a consequence.

In the story that Foo told, she never mentioned why the child had to be aborted in order for her to live. A most unusual circumstance.
Phil

Saint Louis, MO

#263123 Oct 10, 2012
This topic should not be a political one. Leave the people effected to make their own decisions. I thought the right wanted less government involvement anyway.

“...sigh”

Since: Nov 09

Smithtown, NY

#263124 Oct 10, 2012
Junket wrote:
<quoted text>
La, I don't know what he cares about... I still cannot get over his treatment of man's "best friend".
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/05/01/mitt...
What caring person would do this?
Oh, I don't know, AJ, maybe the dog really did like it? Maybe he didn't go fast? I don't think it was malicious, hun.

Did you see my link about the Republican, "Pro-life" Congressman who forced his mistress to get an abortion? I'm not sure it showed up...

“OUCH”

Since: Mar 07

Russell Springs, KY

#263125 Oct 10, 2012
Junket wrote:
<quoted text>
Ha! Does that mean it takes an habitual liar to spot an equally well skilled liar?
Maybe...LOL

“...sigh”

Smithtown, NY

#263126 Oct 10, 2012
elise in burque wrote:
Giants!

(or Jets!!)

(not a Yankee fan! LOL!)
Katie

Graham, WA

#263127 Oct 10, 2012
lil Lily wrote:
<quoted text>

Much like Katie trying to present information that a fetus is still a fetus until born, breathing and cord is cut and proving herself wrong.
Look at you misrepresenting my answer to the hypothetical question of exact moment fetus becomes baby. How does one prove herself wrong when answering a hypothetical, Triple L? Care to explain that in less detail than usual, say 200 words?
Katie

Graham, WA

#263128 Oct 10, 2012
LadiLulu wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, I don't know, AJ, maybe the dog really did like it? Maybe he didn't go fast? I don't think it was malicious, hun.
Did you see my link about the Republican, "Pro-life" Congressman who forced his mistress to get an abortion? I'm not sure it showed up...
It showed up, La, I read it.
Interesting double standard there.
Not surprising, though.

Be well :)

“...sigh”

Smithtown, NY

#263129 Oct 10, 2012
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
It showed up, La, I read it.
Interesting double standard there.
Not surprising, though.
Be well :)
Thank you katie. I wasn't sure, as it didn't show up at first.

Double standard, hypocrisy, indeed.

Thanks, you too!

xoxoxo
Ink

Feasterville Trevose, PA

#263131 Oct 10, 2012
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Untrue. From everything I've ever seen about Catholic doctrine, there is NO acceptable reason for a woman to have an aboriton. EXCEPT for an ectopic pregnancy, and then they just dont call it an abortion, even tho it is one.
Did you miss the story about the nun last year that was excommunicated for allowing the hospital she worked at to save the life of a woman using abortion?
http://www.catholic.com/tracts/abortion
"in 1995 Pope John Paul II declared that the Church’s teaching on abortion "is unchanged and unchangeable. Therefore, by the authority which Christ conferred upon Peter and his successors ... I declare that direct abortion, that is, abortion willed as an end or as a means, always constitutes a grave moral disorder, since it is the deliberate killing of an innocent human being. This doctrine is based upon the natural law and upon the written word of God, is transmitted by the Church’s tradition and taught by the ordinary and universal magisterium. No circumstance, no purpose, no law whatsoever can ever make licit an act which is intrinsically illicit, since it is contrary to the law of God which is written in every human heart, knowable by reason itself, and proclaimed by the Church" (Evangelium Vitae 62).
A direct abortion is not allowed but a treatment or procedure that saves the mother's life is

In the case of your relative a placental abruption takes place usually in the third trimester and the treatment is to deliver the baby if the placental abruption is causing great stress to mother or baby.

“Pro-Life”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#263133 Oct 10, 2012
Question mark supposed to go on sentence before last in my prior post. Last sentence was not a question, but a statement of fact.

“Make time ”

for contemplation

#263135 Oct 10, 2012
LadiLulu wrote:
<quoted text>
Dogs seem to like the backs of trucks. I wouldn't do it, but that's a far cry from putting a pooch in a carrier on top of a car where he has no control. Guess that dog got even though.

Saw the link! Yep, do as I say, not as I do. Who are these people trying to kid? Themselves, no doubt, because it's different when it happens to them. That's right. Special dispensation or something. Sickening.

“Pro-Life”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#263136 Oct 10, 2012
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
A direct abortion is not allowed but a treatment or procedure that saves the mother's life is
In the case of your relative a placental abruption takes place usually in the third trimester and the treatment is to deliver the baby if the placental abruption is causing great stress to mother or baby.
Ink, the woman wasn't Foo's relative, just someone she "barely knew" and had "met her once", according to her.

Foo also said that the "baby" was non-viable. I'm still waiting for her to let us know just how far along this woman supposedly was.
Ink

Feasterville Trevose, PA

#263137 Oct 10, 2012
lil Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
Right, you're not grieving, and you come here to USE that story as an excuse to be your usual nasty self toward pro-lifers.
Every single situation in which someone dies unexpectedly "never should have happened", you ignorant buffoon. Fact is, this pro-life woman should be respected and her memory honored for making a mother's sacrifice. She refused to have her unborn child killed.
You were directing your shit to Sassy and me (using Lynne's name), and I have always said when an uborn child is viable, it can be delivered with no less danger to the mother than an LTA. YOU said the baby was non-viable. I have always said that when it's a choice between mother and child and the child WILL die anyway, that the mother should have every right to save her own life.
So you used that story to attack my views and you lied about what my views are. I don't speak out against abortions to SAVE MOTHER'S life. Only at viability when baby can be delivered.
I am confused. Foo said somewhere that she was in a coma, didn't she, so who made the decision to let her die?

Placental abruption occurs in the third trimester and if severe the baby is delivered. What is the need for an abortion?
Googleicious

Cicero, NY

#263138 Oct 10, 2012
lil Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
Listen Toots, to many people, they mean the same thing.
A ceremony to honor the dead.
She said tomato, I said tomahto.
A funeral service is NOT a memorial service. They are different things. That dear is a fact.

You like to play word games when you're WRONG I see. The pity is you dont play them well and you certainly never learned to play well with others.

http://elegantmemorials.com/memorial-service-...

What is the difference, and which one is right for your family?

There are several differences between a Funeral Service or a Memorial Service. Both celebrate and honor the life of a loved one. A Funeral Service is more traditional while a Memorial Service tends to be more non-traditional. The body of the deceased will be present at the Funeral Service, and the Funeral will usually occur within a few days of the individuals’ death. At the discretion of the family, a funeral will have an open casket ceremony (where the body can be viewed) or a closed casket ceremony. Funeral Services tend to be more expensive since they usually involve the purchase and display of a casket, transportation of the body to the church and burial ground, as well as embalming (the dressing and preparing of the body for viewing).

A Funeral Service involves a Funeral Director and a Funeral Home, which can be a source of comfort to the family as they are very experienced in the grieving process and handle the supplies and logistics of the funeral. Funeral Services are becoming increasingly personalized. Funeral Homes and Directors will often offer funeral programs, keepsakes and other personalized options to help uniquely honor your loved one. Most Funeral Directors will be flexible and open to any ideas you may have to personalize the funeral service of your loved one.

A Memorial Service also pays tribute to the life of the deceased; however, the body of the person that has died is not present. Since there is no body present, it allows the Memorial Service to be held at a variety of locations. The Memorial Service can occur days, weeks, even months after the person died. Memorial Services are becoming increasingly popular as people are looking for more unique and personal ways to celebrate the life of their loved one. They are more economical as they do not involve embalming, caskets, urns, or transportation. The Funeral Home will still handle either the cremation or burial of the body, and can participate in any part of the Memorial Service deemed appropriate by the family

http://www.thompsonsfuneral.com/_blog/Thompso...

To help you understand the difference between a funeral and a memorial service, here is an explanation of both.

Memorial Service: A memorial service can be held at any time after the death, even months later. The deceased is memorialized in a less structured setting. The body of the deceased is not present. A memorial service can be held at any location the family chooses and is more a celebration of the life lived.

Funeral Service: A funeral service is normally held within a week of the death. The body is present and the service is more structured. The service is usually led by a member of the clergy and sometimes includes a church service. The service is followed by a burial. A funeral service is held at a funeral home followed by the burial at a cemetery.

Googleicious

Cicero, NY

#263139 Oct 10, 2012
lil Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
I said "Means nothing." I was speaking for myself. You don't see any words indicating I was speaking for others, do you? Obviously you're the one who couldn't comprehend that.
It must be hard living the life of a perpetual bitch as you do.

I and other comprehend just fine, its your comprehension that comes into question quite often.
Googleicious

Cicero, NY

#263140 Oct 10, 2012
Slacker By Choice wrote:
<quoted text>Your ignorance intrigues me.
Its amusing, isn't it?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 6 min RoxLo 1,535,823
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 2 hr Hot phart 33,097
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 15 hr superwilly 258,471
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) May 16 Patriot 11,170
Penn State University & State College May 12 Truechange 1
I got my loan from [email protected] (Jun '13) Apr '17 GLOBAL FUNDING SO... 43
How to Recover Deleted or lost Contacts from Sa... (Dec '14) Apr '17 DelucaKoehn 11
More from around the web