Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 330524 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

“Pro-Life”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#263085 Oct 10, 2012
Googleicious wrote:
<quoted text>
If it may says so, its YOUR view that it "means nothing" is what means nothing to many of us dear. You do not speak for anyone but yourself. You DO comprehend that, dont you?
I said "Means nothing." I was speaking for myself. You don't see any words indicating I was speaking for others, do you? Obviously you're the one who couldn't comprehend that.

“Pro-Life”

Location hidden

#263086 Oct 10, 2012
AyakaNeo wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't care about CD, don't know who CD is. You claim you're not the same person who posted as Lynne D, and we all know you are. YOU prove by your posting style, your name calling and all this same crap Lynne D posted about respect, reading comprehension, fool, you defended her as if you knew anything about her, you double talk. You are just as much a liar, fool, hypocrite, and idiot as you say others are.
As for coding, it's a 5 digit CPT code (current procedural terminology)59820 = code for the surgical treatment of missed abortion. 59840 = code for surgical treatment of induced abortion. Gosh what could the surgical treatment be? Dilation and curettage? well the ICD 9 code for a D&C, aka surgical treatment is 69.01.
First part of your post; irrelevant and ignorant stupidity, and I don't expect others to do as I say not as I do. That's the PCers who expect that.

As for the 2nd part of your post; the codes you gave for D&C isn't a "598..." number, is it? No, it's a different code altogether.

Codes you presented in a prior post also show a distinct difference between the procedure and purpose for which the proceudre is used. You can't understand what you read.

You posted codes for "abortions"

"ICD 9 - International Classification of Diseases
634 Spontaneous Abortion
635 Induced Abortion
636 Illegally Induced Abortion
637 Unspecified Abortion
638 Failed Attempt Abortion"

Then the procedure of dilation and curettage codes

"ICD 9 Code for D&C

69.02 - Dilation and curettage following delivery or abortion.
CPT - Current Procedural Terminology

Code 59812
Dilation and curettage for the surgical management of an incomplete abortion."

Not the same codes as the specific medical issue the D&C for which the procedure is being used.

[Procedure] and [specific medical issue for which it's used] are NOT the same thing.

Explaining this to you is like explaining quantum physics to a toddler. You're displaying how this is so far above your ability to understand.

“Pro-Life”

Location hidden

#263087 Oct 10, 2012
AyakaNeo wrote:
<quoted text>It is irrelevant. Regardless of the relationship status, you're still posting about a situation that you know nothing about with your usual ignorance.
No I'm not. I'm posting with knowledge on what Foo presented here, and stating my opinions on the areas I don't know facts about.

“Pro-Life”

Location hidden

#263089 Oct 10, 2012
AyakaNeo wrote:
<quoted text>You're the only one with a deficit.
Whatever makes you happy, MC.

“Pro-Life”

Location hidden

#263090 Oct 10, 2012
When I posted to Ayakaneo, "As for the 2nd part of your post; the codes you gave for D&C isn't a "598..." number, is it? No, it's a different code altogether. "

THat was in reference to these codes she presented.

Ayakaneo: "As for coding, it's a 5 digit CPT code (current procedural terminology)59820 = code for the surgical treatment of missed abortion. 59840 = code for surgical treatment of induced abortion. Gosh what could the surgical treatment be? Dilation and curettage? well the ICD 9 code for a D&C, aka surgical treatment is 69.01. "

When she gave codes the first time, it was,

"69.02 - Dilation and curettage following delivery or abortion.
Code 59812

...and her codes for "abortions' were 600 numbers,

"634 Spontaneous Abortion
635 Induced Abortion
637 Unspecified Abortion

“They will lose.”

Since: Apr 11

Falcon can hear the falconer

#263091 Oct 10, 2012

“Born Genius, Slacker by Choice”

Since: Mar 12

Oyster Bay, NY

#263092 Oct 10, 2012
lil Lily wrote:
When I posted to Ayakaneo, "As for the 2nd part of your post; the codes you gave for D&C isn't a "598..." number, is it? No, it's a different code altogether. "
THat was in reference to these codes she presented.
Ayakaneo: "As for coding, it's a 5 digit CPT code (current procedural terminology)59820 = code for the surgical treatment of missed abortion. 59840 = code for surgical treatment of induced abortion. Gosh what could the surgical treatment be? Dilation and curettage? well the ICD 9 code for a D&C, aka surgical treatment is 69.01. "
When she gave codes the first time, it was,
"69.02 - Dilation and curettage following delivery or abortion.
Code 59812
...and her codes for "abortions' were 600 numbers,
"634 Spontaneous Abortion
635 Induced Abortion
637 Unspecified Abortion
Your ignorance intrigues me.

“Make time ”

Since: Sep 09

for contemplation

#263093 Oct 10, 2012
Carbon-12 wrote:
http://www.reuters.com/article /2012/10/10/us-usa-campaign-ro mney-abortion-idUSBRE89901X201 21010
"It's troubling that Mitt Romney is so willing to play politics with such important issues,"

Yes, yes it is.

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

#263094 Oct 10, 2012
lil Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
First part of your post; irrelevant and ignorant stupidity, and I don't expect others to do as I say not as I do. That's the PCers who expect that.
As is all of your posts.
lil Lily wrote:
As for the 2nd part of your post; the codes you gave for D&C isn't a "598..." number, is it? No, it's a different code altogether.
Did you fail to see CPT - Current Procedural Terminology
Code 59812
lil Lily wrote:
Codes you presented in a prior post also show a distinct difference between the procedure and purpose for which the proceudre is used. You can't understand what you read.
No you can't understand coding. ICD9 is for International Codes told you that already. The numbers 634-638 tell a doctor anywhere that the patient had an abortion whether it was spontaneous, induced, illegal ect. The 69.01 tells the doctor anywhere that there was a D&C done as treatment but not specifically for a an abortion, 69.01 is the number assigned for the D&C. 69.02 tells the doctor anywhere that the D&C was treatment for any abortive outcome. The CPT is for here in the U.S a code assigned by the AMA. The CPT code for a D&C with abortive outcome is 59812 *surgical treatment for missed abortion* You should be able to understand this or you could call the American Medical Assoc and tell them you have a problem with a D&C for any type of abortion being associated with the willful killing of a baby.

Location hidden

#263095 Oct 10, 2012
lil Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
Moncie the idiot thought the same as you did. Doesn't say much for you, toots.
Lynne the idiot thought the same as you did, don't say much for you toots.

Location hidden

#263096 Oct 10, 2012
Slacker By Choice wrote:
<quoted text>Your ignorance intrigues me.
It's a pity, really.

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#263097 Oct 10, 2012
AyakaNeo wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't care about CD, don't know who CD is. You claim you're not the same person who posted as Lynne D, and we all know you are. YOU prove by your posting style, your name calling and all this same crap Lynne D posted about respect, reading comprehension, fool, you defended her as if you knew anything about her, you double talk. You are just as much a liar, fool, hypocrite, and idiot as you say others are.
As for coding, it's a 5 digit CPT code (current procedural terminology)59820 = code for the surgical treatment of missed abortion. 59840 = code for surgical treatment of induced abortion. Gosh what could the surgical treatment be? Dilation and curettage? well the ICD 9 code for a D&C, aka surgical treatment is 69.01.
I have a friend who's learning medical coding. It's not for sissies! Lol
corgilicious

United States

#263098 Oct 10, 2012
OLD LADY wrote:
<quoted text>
I understand that. The double effect is what I thought we were discussing. Do you conclude an ectopic pregnancy is no excuse, either? Just be honest,for goodness sake.
the article mentions direct or indirect abortion.

Location hidden

#263099 Oct 10, 2012
lil Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
"ICD 9 - International Classification of Diseases
634 Spontaneous Abortion
635 Induced Abortion
637 Unspecified Abortion
Then the procedure of dilation and curettage codes
"ICD 9 Code for D&C
69.02 - Dilation and curettage following delivery or abortion.
Code 59812
Not the same codes as the specific medical issue the D&C for which the procedure is being used.
[Procedure] and [specific medical issue for which it's used] are NOT the same thing.
Explaining this to you is like explaining quantum physics to a toddler. You're displaying how this is so far above your ability to understand.
ICD = International
CPT = Current PROCEDURAL Not International
Wherever a person goes a doctor is going to know they had a D&C for surgical treatment a PROCEDURE for any abortive outcome. Why, because it's coded/charted and transcribed as an abortion procedure with the distinction of the type of abortion.

Location hidden

#263100 Oct 10, 2012
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>I have a friend who's learning medical coding. It's not for sissies! Lol
Nope it's not, it changes every year and it is so, soooooooo specific especially the ICD for insurance claims.

“OUCH”

Since: Mar 07

Russell Springs, KY

#263101 Oct 10, 2012
Junket wrote:
<quoted text>
"It's troubling that Mitt Romney is so willing to play politics with such important issues,"
Yes, yes it is.
Yikes! What troubling is,none of them are truthful,period. I would guess its just to hard to tell the truth. Now before I get jumped on,I've already posted I'm not voting for either one of them..I don't think I can write in here,but I'm sure going to ask when I do go to the polls. Mickey Mouse comes to mind..:)

“OUCH”

Since: Mar 07

Russell Springs, KY

#263102 Oct 10, 2012
corgilicious wrote:
<quoted text> the article mentions direct or indirect abortion.
Sigh..yes it does. It does not mention double effect,It does not mention ectopic pregnancy,the one thing you said was alright. Your not going to answer me are you? I'm guessing now,no. This is why your confusing me,I just want to know the truth. Show me a website that is catholic,approved by the church,that will address the truth,about double effect,do you know of one? Where did you get your information from about ectopic pregnancy,and double effect?

“...sigh”

Since: Nov 09

Smithtown, NY

#263103 Oct 10, 2012
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>I have a friend who's learning medical coding. It's not for sissies! Lol
Lynnie-poo can learn it all just from Google and WikiPedia!

So there!!

:-b

“Pro-Life”

Location hidden

#263104 Oct 10, 2012
AyakaNeo wrote:
<quoted text>As is all of your posts.
<quoted text>Did you fail to see CPT - Current Procedural Terminology
Code 59812
<quoted text>No you can't understand coding. ICD9 is for International Codes told you that already. The numbers 634-638 tell a doctor anywhere that the patient had an abortion whether it was spontaneous, induced, illegal ect. The 69.01 tells the doctor anywhere that there was a D&C done as treatment but not specifically for a an abortion, 69.01 is the number assigned for the D&C. 69.02 tells the doctor anywhere that the D&C was treatment for any abortive outcome. The CPT is for here in the U.S a code assigned by the AMA. The CPT code for a D&C with abortive outcome is 59812 *surgical treatment for missed abortion* You should be able to understand this or you could call the American Medical Assoc and tell them you have a problem with a D&C for any type of abortion being associated with the willful killing of a baby.
You're not understanding the terminology.

"The 69.01 tells the doctor anywhere that there was a D&C done as treatment but not specifically for a an abortion, 69.01 is the number assigned for the D&C."

Yes, a dilation and curettage procedure, code indicates the medical issue it was used for, not specifically an abortion. Doesn't term the D&C procedure as "an abortion procedure".

"69.02 tells the doctor anywhere that the D&C was treatment for any abortive outcome."

Yes, dilation and curettage is the procedure, code indicates the medical issue it was used for. Still doesn't term a D&C "an abortion procedure".

"The CPT code for a D&C with abortive outcome is 59812 *surgical treatment for missed abortion*"

Dilation and curettage is the procedure, code indicates it was USED FOR a missed abortion,(missed abortion = fetus died, pregnancy loss, but fetus is still in the uterus).

D&C is the procedure, DONE AS a TREATMENT. The terminology and codes you're presenting are proving you wrong the claims that a D&C is called an abortion procedure. The D&C itselfs is NOT an abortion procedure no matter what it's used for. It's a procedure for uterine issues, to scrape the lining of the uterus or remove contents of the uterus. It's called a dilation and curettage procedure.

This isn't rocket science.

“Pro-Life”

Location hidden

#263105 Oct 10, 2012
AyakaNeo wrote:
<quoted text>ICD = International
CPT = Current PROCEDURAL Not International
Wherever a person goes a doctor is going to know they had a D&C for surgical treatment a PROCEDURE for any abortive outcome. Why, because it's coded/charted and transcribed as an abortion procedure with the distinction of the type of abortion.
Still doesn't prove a dilation and curettage is termed "abortion procedure" by the medical community. It's termed a dilation and curettage/D&C procedure.

The codes only let them know for what medical issue the procedure was specifically used.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 31 min Rattlesnake Pete 1,707,201
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 1 hr Trojan 35,558
News Walker IV hits 5 3s, scores 19, Miami beats Not... 8 hr ScoresPhartse 2
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 8 hr hojo 12,228
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Feb 16 Imprtnrd 201,481
Conn's Appliances (Nov '07) Jan '18 Sweet 293
News Horsechief commits to Pacific (Mar '06) Jan '18 NicePhartts 8
More from around the web