Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 311610 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#262903 Oct 9, 2012
Junket wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you, Bit!
Mother seems to get hot under the collar when it comes to abortion and homosexuality. She's also not happy about "artificial" birth control. What do all those things have in common?
Mother can get testy... funny, many aren't listening anymore.

“I'm here with bells on.”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#262904 Oct 9, 2012
corgilicious wrote:
<quoted text>Saint Gianna interceded a prayer and a woman who had a severe stroke was cured. Saint Gianna is with God. http://www.dummies.com/how-to/content/the-cat...
Gianna did what her heart told her to do, and her posthumous 'sainthood' is irrelevant. We are all with the Divine. Sainthood is conferred by men, and has no meaning to the Divine.

JMO

Location hidden

#262905 Oct 9, 2012
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
I should, y'know.
Am well :)
...and looking forward to some rain this weekend.
How are you?
Doing well, thank you.

We,ve had our fair share of H2O... would like to see a good chunk of fair weather leading into winter.:)

Location hidden

#262906 Oct 9, 2012
corgilicious wrote:
http://www.imnotsorry.net/

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#262907 Oct 9, 2012
SeattleVehix44 wrote:
<quoted text>
SOME COPS? SOME? thats like saying SOME people who drink hard core boose set themselves on fire accidentally, so lets try to outlaw alcohol all together, that argument doesnt fly, at all..........so some cops do - by your logic we should take guns away from our police force! DUMB much?
"don't all hold up under the pressure" - once again, SOME isnt enough of a reason to take away ANYONES guns.......SOME people drunk drive, text & drive, run over people with their cars...are you for banning cars, or cell phones? or alcohol? HYPOCRITE
the point you still miss is if the vast majority of cops can go without going on shooting rampages & they deal with FAR MORE stress than you or me, then why would average folks start going on shooting rampages???
OUCH, the answer is by & large they WONT........
"Since when? Bullying is still a problem." - OH MY GOD, lady, we know bullying still happens, dont be stupid...but dont lie to me by saying that bullies arent deterred from picking on bigger/potentially more apt to fight-kids..........obviously you dont have kids whove been bullied or witnessed it - if you did, you'd know that bullies pick on kids who they think WONT fight back........thats a proven fact, that also proves that bullies are deterred from picking on LARGER kids, jocks, other bullies with attitudes, kids they think WILL beat their ass..........stop with the LNMoon fantasy, this isnt Neverland, in real life bullies pick on more defenseless kids, DEAL WITH IT
"Bullying is still a problem" - YES, idiot, preceisely BECAUSE they try to pick on kids who wont fight back.....just like i said........
"types of crimes are being committed every day." - idiota, listen, rape is committed every day, but that doesnt mean that rapists are raping just ANYONE under the sun......rapists, muggers, cowards etc. try to go after those who are defenseLESS, which again shows us that there IS such thing as deterrant
i'm starting to wonder, do you even understand the concept of "deterrance"? if so, do you even believe it EXISTS? i mean seriously, you doubt that ANYONE is ever deterred from doing ANYTHING? you cannot possibly be this lame, this stupid, this insane..........you openly admit that crooks are deterred from robbing police stations, they know theyll get shot..........yet you openly deny that theyre deterred from ANYTHING else.......even other guns! what the fck is wrong with you?
now, answer this question, stop dodging little coward:
you may or may not get punched in the face for trying to lift random people's wallets, right? simply not knowing but being sure its a good possibility that you will get hurt IS or ISNT a deterrant?
"blah blah blah..."

I never said we should take guns from cops.

"blah blah blah but dont lie to me by saying that bullies arent deterred from picking on bigger/potentially more apt to fight-kids."

I never said that. Bullies usually pick on weaker targets. That was a foolish analogy right from the start.

"you'd know that bullies pick on kids who they think WONT fight back blah blah"

I never said otherwise. Wake up.

"you doubt that ANYONE is ever deterred from doing ANYTHING blah blah BLAH?"

I never said any such thing.

".yet you openly deny that theyre deterred from ANYTHING else.......even other guns stupid blah blah blah shit"

We have already determined that criminals (pay attention now) do...not...know...who...has... guns...so...they...can't...be ...deterred...because...they.. .don't...know...how...many...p eople...are...carrying...guns.

"I am a dodging little coward"

I answered all your questions. I have dodged nothing. Take some Prozac already.

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#262908 Oct 9, 2012
SeattleVehix44 wrote:
<quoted text>
yes, when they wear a MASK stupid..........and even then, you cannot say that its not a deterrant when youve got security cameras OUTSIDE of homes, banks, police stations, schools that can view criminal activity BEFORE it enters the establishment..........not to mention, cameras arent just about eyeing the criminals face, they deter crooks from pulling shit b/c they KNOW 1) their actions are on film 2)their face MAY be on film & 3) they know they have less time to commit the crime before security or cops show up
so in your fantasy world, cameras have no purpose, they dont deter anyone, installing security cameras in banks has no affect on anyone..........RIGHT
"For the same reasons all those guys in the old West did it." - WRONG stupid, youre act as if you were there & saw random shootings by dumbasses all the time........IF this were the case, then i suppose everyone in the west was stupid, highly reactionary, & willing to get shot dead..........
"Yep, come on Marv, i'll show that bartender to serve me a bigger drink! imma pull my .38 on his ass, i'll probably get shot dead by 4 other people before i get near the door, but at least ill have my drink! ARRRRRRRRRRRRRGH!!!"
yes..........that is how the wild west was......you're right!
We have cameras everywhere, and people legally carrying guns, and yet we still have plenty of crimes. Go figure.

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#262909 Oct 9, 2012
AyakaNeo wrote:
<quoted text>I'm going to do the fasting thing, I need lose a few pounds.
l go to church for the free coffee and pastry, afterward. Greek pastry is deeelish.

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#262910 Oct 9, 2012
lost-cause wrote:
<quoted text>
Doesn't even make any sense, does it?
No, it doesn't.

Location hidden

#262911 Oct 9, 2012
cpeter1313 wrote:
So, a woman with gifts in the healing arts is brainwashed from birth to think of her life as totally expendable. She has a dangerous pregnancy with a fairly predictable outcome, and chooses to die instead of trying again with a more stable outcome. She leaves behind a child with no mother, and who knows how many people suffer because she is no longer around to practice medicine.
A complete frigging waste. All predicated on the woman-hating principles of the RCC. They even canonize her, which costs the church nothing and reinforces the role of women as baby-making non-entities.
<quoted text>
Well, she made her choice, but it was one she may not have made without the misogynistic teachings of the Church. It makes very little sense.

Since: Sep 09

Location hidden

#262912 Oct 9, 2012
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Hmmm....gee....fewer Catholics in the world, maybe? Less money in the collection plate? Less power and influence for Mother? All of the above?:-D
Yes! Less bench warmers in the pews. That's my take.

New question. Why didn't JC marry and have children? Was He ...?
Guess I'm feeling a bit frisky this day, but there are some boundaries that I won't cross.(Impotent.)

Location hidden

#262913 Oct 9, 2012
Sister Kathryn Lust wrote:
Posting links is a crap-shoot.
Sometimes they works, and sometimes they doesn't...
:)

Since: Sep 09

Location hidden

#262914 Oct 9, 2012
lost-cause wrote:
<quoted text>
Mother can get testy... funny, many aren't listening anymore.
LC! Perhaps not in these great United States of America, but other places are rich mining fields. Did you know that the use of condoms spreads AIDS? Lovely, just lovely. Shame on the Vatican. Shame, shame, shame.

Location hidden

#262915 Oct 9, 2012
Sister Kathryn Lust wrote:
<quoted text>Posting links is a crap-shoot.
Sometimes they works, and sometimes they doesn't...
:)
It works now. ;)
Ocean56

AOL

#262916 Oct 9, 2012
corgilicious wrote:
You are very wrong.
No, Knutter, CPetr was 100% RIGHT in his assessment of the toxic Catholic Church. The church really hates it when women refuse to be mindless baby producers for it by using either contraception to PREVENT unwanted pregnancy or abortion to terminate it.

As far as I'M concerned, catholicism SUCKS. That's why I kicked it and all of its toxic baggage to the curb over 20 years ago. I still consider that one of the best decisions I ever made. I make my OWN sexual and reproductive choices, rather than allowing a bunch of backward-thinking clerics in dresses to make those decisions FOR me. It's great how much freedom a woman has when she ISN'T a slave to a misogynistic church.

Location hidden

#262917 Oct 9, 2012
lost-cause wrote:
<quoted text>
Doesn't even make any sense, does it?
It makes no sense, medically or ethically. I consider the act of having one's 9-year-old child stay pregnant to be child abuse.

Location hidden

#262918 Oct 9, 2012
Junket wrote:
<quoted text>
LC! Perhaps not in these great United States of America, but other places are rich mining fields. Did you know that the use of condoms spreads AIDS? Lovely, just lovely. Shame on the Vatican. Shame, shame, shame.
True. Yea, so I heard. LOL

Location hidden

#262919 Oct 9, 2012
lost-cause wrote:
<quoted text>
Doing well, thank you.
We,ve had our fair share of H2O... would like to see a good chunk of fair weather leading into winter.:)
We'll take your rain, but after the balloon fiesta, please. And a winter of deep snow in the mountains would be awesome. Thank you :-)

“Dan IS the Man”

Location hidden

#262920 Oct 9, 2012
Ocean56 wrote:
<quoted text>
No, Knutter, CPetr was 100% RIGHT in his assessment of the toxic Catholic Church. The church really hates it when women refuse to be mindless baby producers for it by using either contraception to PREVENT unwanted pregnancy or abortion to terminate it.
As far as I'M concerned, catholicism SUCKS. That's why I kicked it and all of its toxic baggage to the curb over 20 years ago. I still consider that one of the best decisions I ever made. I make my OWN sexual and reproductive choices, rather than allowing a bunch of backward-thinking clerics in dresses to make those decisions FOR me. It's great how much freedom a woman has when she ISN'T a slave to a misogynistic church.
Clap clap clap!!!

Location hidden

#262921 Oct 9, 2012
Junket wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes! Less bench warmers in the pews. That's my take.
New question. Why didn't JC marry and have children? Was He ...?
Guess I'm feeling a bit frisky this day, but there are some boundaries that I won't cross.(Impotent.)
He wasn't a closet ..., was he?
Katie

Graham, WA

#262922 Oct 9, 2012
lost-cause wrote:
<quoted text>
Doing well, thank you.
You're welcome and am glad to hear (read) it, LC.

We've had beautiful autumn days and I've been enjoying it. Weather's turning colder now and rain is in the forecast... but I'm looking forward to it (can you imagine?). It was recently reported we haven't gone this long a stretch without any measurable rain since 1922. Hopefully you'll get some clear skies heading your way soon :)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 8 min An NFL Fan 1,418,030
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 1 hr Ronnie Pickering 256,552
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 8 hr Trojan 32,325
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 14 hr OzRitz 10,064
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Aug 19 JustStop 201,888
mark moel loan house is here for you to uptain ... (Sep '13) Aug 14 Alex 17
legitimate loan lender (Oct '13) Aug 11 Ceren 9
More from around the web