Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 311324 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

“Pro-Life”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#262733 Oct 8, 2012
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>Who cares about anyone's opinion about anything, for that matter? Everybody has a right to speak her/his mind. I'm sure you believe in our right to free speech. Being politically correct isn't Foo's style nor yours nor mine nor 90% of the regulars on this site. This is Topix, Home of Incendiary Debate. Let's not be hypocrites.
Kthanks;-)
"Let's not be hypocrites."

That's what you've been and Foo too. Pro-choice hypocrites.

What gave Foo the right to take the story of an obviously pro-life "Catholic" woman, she indentified as her BIL's sister, and USE it to make an argument FOR abortion? NONE.

It's exploitive and disgusting, and it's being used in ways opposite to what this woman LIVED. That is IF the story is even true. If it isn't, that's a whole other degree of disgusting.

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#262734 Oct 8, 2012
lil Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't need every person to agree with me. What is telling in adult discussions, is who and who isn't mature enough to admit that they're wrong.
You PCers haven't proven a D&C after miscarriage is medically considered/documented as an "abortion procedure". In fact it IS only considered a dilation and curettage procedure.
Being a nurse doesn't mean you know everything medically, and when you don't, the wise thing to do would be to stay out of discussions that are about subjects you don't know about. I happen to know about this one, which is why i'm NOT staying out of this discussion.
You are simply stuck in this war of words, which is all it is. I'm not concerned; I know what I'm talking about. I am secure that I am correct. If I was not, I would say that I'm incorrect. I hope you can live with I know how read a chart, interpret most physicians' "unique" (lol) language, and chart properly, myself. I have spent many hours doing it. More importantly, I know how to follow the protocol of any facility in which I may work. If you were my employer, I would chart the way you wished, as long as it wasn't harmful to patients or myself, and didn't violate ethical code. Flexibility is an invaluable character trait; I'm sure you agree. We will just have to agree to disagree on this a particular little item.
Ink

Feasterville Trevose, PA

#262735 Oct 8, 2012
LadiLulu wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure, miracles happen. Every day. But, for whatever reason, her 6 Catholic doctors did not think she could make it, and advised accordingly. I would not second guess them, as I was not there and I am no expert.
Do you have any direct quotes from the six doctors or only reports from biased media?

Location hidden

#262736 Oct 8, 2012
lil Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
In my opinion, for whatever it's worth to you, I agree. Well said.
Thank you, Lily.
Kenose

East Meadow, NY

#262737 Oct 8, 2012
lil Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
Typically unreasonable response from you.
I'm pro-life, not pro-choice. You statement doesn't make any sense.
I should have known better than try to discuss something with a filthy abortroll.
Ink

Feasterville Trevose, PA

#262738 Oct 8, 2012
sassylicious wrote:
C<quoted text> I disagree. A woman still has a choice to attempt saving her childs life.
To a point. But it sounds like this woman, if real, chose to die.

“Pro-Life”

Location hidden

#262739 Oct 8, 2012
Foo was laughing it up again and mocking someone who had miscarriages AFTER she posted about a woman and her unborn "baby" dying, because she refused an LTA for a "non-viable fetus.

I'm really seeing Sassy's point about this story possibly being another one of Foo's fabrications.

http://www.topix.com/forum/news/abortion/T833...
Foo wrote after posting that story:

"Nope. SHe's older than I by around 4 years or so. So her "charting" would have been in the early to mid 70's.@@ LOL!

And lets not forget that this 'charting' would have involved punches, toilets, faulty sperm, etc....@@ "

Foo's posting about someone's miscarriage that resulted from being punched. She's just gabbing away having a grand ole time here, with her usual vile mocking comments about a loss someone suffered. Foo's usual self. no 'grief induced anger' there, as LNM suggested.

Yeah, she sounds really broken up about that woman and her unborn non-viable child that both just died, doesn't she?

Location hidden

#262740 Oct 8, 2012
AyakaNeo wrote:
<quoted text>I do not care what was said when I wasn't here posting. I have not implied it was written "abortion procedure D&C" in a patients chart. I told you time and again it was coded, charted, and transcribed as an abortion procedure with the distinction of the type of abortion. I said it several times and even put it in ALL CAPS for you.
<quoted text>What treatment is used for uterine conditions? D&C. Is an abortion no matter what type of abortion a uterine condition? Yes.
You're an epic fail.
I think this subject has been boiled down to semantics. Each event is charted in the language particular to each physician. Many physicians aren't educated in this country or use archaic vernacular. As long as everyone knows what happened, when, it's all good. Oh yeah, and as long as the billing department knows what to charge and who to charge, lol.

“Pro-Life”

Location hidden

#262741 Oct 8, 2012
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
To a point. But it sounds like this woman, if real, chose to die.
I get what you're saying. Because according to what Foo posted, it was a non-viable fetus that would have died either way (delivere or aborted); the woman refused an LTA and according to the story, she couldn't be saved without one.

She made a choice to die with her unborn child is what the story seems to be.

Of course Foo didn't post any details like how far along the woman was, so we're all expected to just take her word on everything, including that this story is real.

Location hidden

#262742 Oct 8, 2012
Katie wrote:
<quoted text>
Heh, I see what you mean, Elise.
I think JM's confusing my sincerity in seeing her realize we all are able to make personal life/death decisions for ourselves and/or for those we hold durable power of attorney with another insult-fest. The worst part of death, imo, happens to those of us left behind. Even when death is wanted or expected, it is hard losingsomeone you love. These rights, however, were hard-won, and should not be lost or thrown away based on, as you say, "our particular sensibilities." It startled me to see her say not to put Michael Schiavo and her in the same category. Even if she keeps ignoring me, I hope she has quiet time to reflect on this.
It's hard to make these decisions because end-of-life situations are rarely black and white to the loved ones. My dad had a very clear living will, but I had to make a decision of whether he would be given pain or anti-anxiety meds, since he was completely unresponsive. The same thing happened with my mother. I still have moments when I second-guess my decision, but that's okay. We do the best we can do and that is enough.

Location hidden

#262743 Oct 8, 2012
lil Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
You just replied to a post I made to Long Night Moon. Talk about being on "auto rant".
"autorant"

lol! I love that. That was funny...!!! Yay, you!

“Pro-Life”

Location hidden

#262744 Oct 8, 2012
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>I think this subject has been boiled down to semantics. Each event is charted in the language particular to each physician. Many physicians aren't educated in this country or use archaic vernacular. As long as everyone knows what happened, when, it's all good. Oh yeah, and as long as the billing department knows what to charge and who to charge, lol.
No, it's boiled down to what it always boils down to; PCers make claims as though it's fact, they can't back or prove as fact, pro-lifers know it and we back the claims we make that prove the pro-choicers wrong. We're the ones who provide the facts, with links and using information pro-choicers povide thinking they're proving us wrong but proving us right.

Why is it important, because that's what integrity in discussion is.

PCers claimed a D&C after miscarriage is an abortion or abortion procedure, and medically, that's not even close to being factual.

Location hidden

#262745 Oct 8, 2012
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Why, she is not pro choice. She is only pointing out that PCers only respect the choice to abort and don't respect the choice to not abort regardless of the outcome. If the story is real, she didn't have to die.
I'm prochoice and I respect all women's choices. It isn't wise to make sweeping generalizations. That's why I don't do it... often, that is:-)

“Pro-Life”

Location hidden

#262746 Oct 8, 2012
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text> "autorant"
lol! I love that. That was funny...!!! Yay, you!
It's silly and it was something I quoted someone else saying.

Thanks anyway.

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

#262747 Oct 8, 2012
lil Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
"I guess the fact that a woman can't get pregnant again with a dead fetus inside of her is no clue that the pregnancy doesn't end when the fetus is dead. The life ended, not the condition of being pregnant."
You are trying to base that on the fact that she can't get pregnant until...?
Gee, I guess a woman's pregnancy hasn't ended after she gives birth either, according to your logic, because she can't get pregnant right after giving birth. No fetus, no placenta, no pregnancy, yet can't get pregnant either. Based on your stupidity, she's still pregnant and would need a D&C to abort that pregnancy?
lol
Stop before you dig yourself in deeper. Holy cow.
http://www.ehow.com/about_5381947_soon-can-pr...
"Ovulation after Childbirth
Most women experience three to eight weeks of bleeding following childbirth. In the first days immediately following the birth of your baby, this bleeding is bright red in color. As time passes, this bleeding, also known as lochia, will become lighter in flow and color, signaling the mother's uterus is nearly fully healed. The chances that a mother will ovulate during the first six weeks after giving birth is relatively low, although not impossible."
A woman having JUST given birth can not get pregnant either. NOT because she's still pregnant, but because her hormones are all screwed up.
Try using your own knowledge instead googling for it. If there is a fetus inside she's still pregnant.

Location hidden

#262748 Oct 8, 2012
sassylicious wrote:
<quoted text> Many Drs will disagree that it is "necessary" to kill in order to save mom post viability.
Is that a guess or a fact?

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

#262749 Oct 8, 2012
lil Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
No, it's boiled down to what it always boils down to; PCers make claims as though it's fact, they can't back or prove as fact, pro-lifers know it and we back the claims we make that prove the pro-choicers wrong. We're the ones who provide the facts, with links and using information pro-choicers povide thinking they're proving us wrong but proving us right.
Why is it important, because that's what integrity in discussion is.
PCers claimed a D&C after miscarriage is an abortion or abortion procedure, and medically, that's not even close to being factual.
If you're basing you knowledge of coding for billing purposes on what you were told years ago,which you are) your knowledge is no longer valid because the codes change year after year. I guess they forgot to tell you that.

Location hidden

#262750 Oct 8, 2012
sassylicious wrote:
<quoted text> Women have abortions and at a later date (due heavy bleeding) will go to hospital. They get a D&C if a part of the baby has been left behind or some remenant of what you referrd to as 'conception'. According to you, she is pregnant?
Lala agrees with me that it's not.
Hey! Is that what "Left Behind" means? Boy, I guess I didn't get the idea of those books... Lol.

“OUCH”

Since: Mar 07

Russell Springs, KY

#262751 Oct 8, 2012
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you have any direct quotes from the six doctors or only reports from biased media?
I can't find much detail on this,either. Was she in immediate danger? That seems to be the reason the church did what they did. I did find,some lawyer saying she could have delivered,you know him being a lawyer and all.(smirk). They seemed not biased on that..LOL(they must not like lawyers.)

Location hidden

#262752 Oct 8, 2012
sassylicious wrote:
<quoted text>
1. Nine year olds have given birth before(full term).
2. Perhaps going full term would result in a"burst" uterus and THAT is exactly WHY she couldve delivered at viability.
You're a monster.

:-D

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 1 hr superwilly 255,498
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 hr An NFL Fan 1,394,703
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 2 hr IB DaMann 9,798
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 13 hr Bruin For Life 32,288
News What they're saying about Bulls draft pick Bobb... (Jun '15) Jun 20 Tretre 6
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Jun 13 Dump Trump 201,862
I got my loan from [email protected] (Jun '13) Jun 6 James Harry 41
More from around the web