Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 20 comments on the Jan 22, 2008, Newsday story titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

“Pro-Life”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#262373 Oct 6, 2012
As they display now, back then the PCers couldn't read for comprehension any better than now.

http://www.topix.com/forum/news/abortion/T833...

Jan. 20, 2012
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>
~"In medical terminology, a miscarriage is nothing more than spontaneous abortion. An abortion is an abortion, in terms of charting a woman's pregnancy history. Spontaneous abortion is what a miscarriage is called in medicine. Miscarriage is the lay term. SA is the proper medical term. We were tested on this type of documentation last term, so that's why I'm sure of it."

Lil Lily wrote
<quoted text>
~ " 'In medical terminology, a miscarriage is nothing more than spontaneous abortion.'

Elise, if you're going to try to add to the discussion and try not to look ignorant while trying to argue something, at least add something I haven't already said.

"In medical terminology, a miscarriage is nothing more than spontaneous abortion."

Yes, I've already posted that to Peter. We're not refuting the term "abortion". I'm refuting Peter's claim that a "dead" fetus is "aborted", by an "abortion procedure". It's not, I proved it's not in a prior post. That ends the argument, because Peter was proved wrong."~

Back then they thought we PLers didn't understand that we weren't disputing that a D&C is used for both treatment of spontaneous abortion, and to perform induced abortions. We did understand that, because we're not the idiots here. The PCers were the ones who didn't get that that's not what we were talking about. Same way they don't get it in the present.

We were saying then like we're saying now; A D&C after a spontaneous abortion/miscarriage, is NOT an "abortion procedure". It's not documented as one in any way, shape or form. Now Foo is trying to claim she knew that all along, when her own past posts prove she didn't know anything, and neither did the resident self-proclaimed nurse, Elise.

tomtom

Phillipsburg, NJ

#262374 Oct 6, 2012
elise in burque wrote:
Look, everybody... I think we are all playing into the hands of a couple of pinheads (to use their own term) that are only interested in creating drama by starting endless bickerfests over semantics. They argue over one word or one sentence, literally. And then, LLL has the audacity to tell us that we should interpret HER words as she intended for them to mean, when she doesn't give us that benefit, herself. These women are petty, controlling, dishonorable and mean. That is my genuine opinion of their character and I believe I am correct.
I apologize for lowering myself to LLL's level. She is a manipulative bitch, to be sure, but I am responsible for reacting to her nastiness. I am a better person than that and I didn't act it. In the future, I will act in this venue with the proper ethics I live by in the RW.
I still reserve the right to make irreverent jokes, but I will be gentle. It's in my DNA to laugh at myself and to tease others. I will be kind, however :-)
And the real bitch is who again?

“Pro-Life”

Location hidden

#262376 Oct 6, 2012
Mistyped sentence corrected:

...Back then they thought we PLers didn't understand that a D&C is used for both treatment of spontaneous abortion, and to perform induced abortions, and we did understand that...

“Pro-Life”

Location hidden

#262377 Oct 6, 2012
Now before Foo claims again that I've been here posting for "almost 15 hours straight" when that was nowhere near the truth, I've been here a 1/2 hour and I'm leaving now. lol

She's such a pathological liar.

“Pro-Life”

Location hidden

#262378 Oct 6, 2012
_Bad Axe wrote:
<quoted text>I responded to a poster who said that aborting a fetus at just about any stage was "killing a human", and then her answer to it all was adoption. I'm sorry, but it's just not that simple. I dont really know your opinions on this OL so I'm not directing this at you, I'm just going to state my view on this.
So many on the PL side want to make real life decisions for women who find them self with an unwanted pregnancy, yet they look at the world through rose colored glasses immune to reality, or worse, they think their "god" will make everything work out alright for that woman and child, again, immune from reality. The reality of outlawing abortion is that it will overburden the adoption system and many babies, kids will wind up in homes only to be abused. Many women who chose not to give up the babies will raise them in dysfunctional, neglectful homes. The reality is that our jails are filled with people that grew up in such homes and are a danger to society, to you, and your family. I live near Detroit and every night on the news is another story of an unfortunate kid, or woman, or father killed for a few bucks or their car, or some other stupid reason. God didn't save those victims, and the perpetrator wasnt saved by a loving family or community so that his life worked out happily ever after.
I know that many on the PL side say that people have to be responsible for their actions and should never abort, well I say, the PL side has to be responsible for their solutions, and forcing women into unwanted motherhood, or over whelming the adoption system is not a reasonable answer in today's society. The answers have to start with birth control and limited unwanted pregnancies, and unfortunately, yes, allowing abortion in early stages of pregnancy.
"The answers have to start with birth control and limited unwanted pregnancies, and unfortunately,..."

That's something I agree with. Pregnancies CAN be prevented. Quite a few people on this thread alone, PL and PC alike have prevented pregnancies for years on end. Obviously it requires the people be diligent in either abstinence OR in their contraception use, and not depend on the legality of abortion.

“Pro-Life”

Location hidden

#262379 Oct 6, 2012
tomtom wrote:
<quoted text>
See now? Elise calls me that, and "bonehead" doesn't even compare. I don't use crude names to call them. I use silly names children call each other, thinking they aren't so immature they can handle being called pinhead etc. But apparently not, because I've been reported by someone for it. lol.

They call PLers crude and vile names and they think the words I use compare? I'm the big ole meanie because I call them bonehead, pinhead, pea brain etc. lol

She didn't lower herself to my level as she claims, because I've never stooped to the level she did and other PCers do.

“Pro-Life”

Location hidden

#262380 Oct 6, 2012
I've now been online 50 mins. Just saying, for the one who likes to claim PLers don't have lives, as though we're here "almost 15 hours straight".

“qui tacet consentire ”

Since: Oct 12

Detroit

#262381 Oct 6, 2012
Doc Degall wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly. I asked katie the same question. Even if there was a medical definition of viability that defined it exclusively WITHOUT medical assistance ( there isn't ), of what relevance would it have to abortion or abortion statutes ?
Did ya see where Vaddy the coward had the little atrophied nads to call someone else stupid for saying a fetus could be viable at 24 weeks ? He then went on to condescendingly correct that same poster by saying that at 24 weeks the fetus was not viable...but rather had a 50/50 chance of REACHING VIABILITY.
I'm just curious, I've not been here much and may have missed it, but has anyone even tried to show any case precedence to invalidate Roe v Wade's definition of "viable", or even where any other definition has been accepted in abortion law?

“qui tacet consentire ”

Detroit

#262382 Oct 6, 2012
tomtom wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe that would be you tomtom.

“qui tacet consentire ”

Detroit

#262383 Oct 6, 2012
lil Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
"The answers have to start with birth control and limited unwanted pregnancies, and unfortunately,..."
That's something I agree with. Pregnancies CAN be prevented. Quite a few people on this thread alone, PL and PC alike have prevented pregnancies for years on end. Obviously it requires the people be diligent in either abstinence OR in their contraception use, and not depend on the legality of abortion.
And what if responsible contraception use fails?

Since: Jun 08

Atrisco Village

#262384 Oct 6, 2012
tomtom wrote:
<quoted text>
Peace be with you<3

Atrisco Village

#262385 Oct 6, 2012
lil Lily wrote:
IHere's a post from Elise on the topic of miscarriages and D&C, and her idiocy
http://www.topix.com/forum/news/abortion/T833...
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>
~"She doesn't get that it doesn't matter whether the fetus is alive or dead, the procedure is the same. When she finds out she is wrong, she will make up some lame excuse. She is tiresome and tedious."~
Not once does this alleged nurse correct any of the PCers calling a D&C as treatment after a miscarriage "an abortion", but instead posts that her friends get it and I don't.
I replied,
~"It's not an "abortion" procedure, I don't care how many times you people claim it is.
The expulsion of the necrotic tissue of a dead fetus is not an abortion, and the procedure done isn't for "abortion" purposes.
All this talk and not one of you has provided a link to prove what you're saying is true. Except Foo using something in MS Magazine."~
So Elise and Foo can lie about knowing that D&C's used after miscarriage are NOT abortion procedures. But the truth that they were calling it that back in Jan. is in the thread, and easily accessible to provide. We PLers are the ones who knew that and were educating the PCers about it, including miss nursey.
The termination of a pregnancy is an abortion. If the fetus is dead the woman is still pregnant and an abortion is performed to terminate the pregnancy and evacuate the uterus. An abortion is an abortion is an abortion as far as medicine is concerned. I don't know why you go on about that and about D&Cs, Lily. We all know what all these terms mean. Tell me what to tell you that will give you peace and allow you to put this all to rest. I'm serious. What do you want?

Atrisco Village

#262386 Oct 6, 2012
lil Lily wrote:
Now before Foo claims again that I've been here posting for "almost 15 hours straight" when that was nowhere near the truth, I've been here a 1/2 hour and I'm leaving now. lol
She's such a pathological liar.
Don't worry, Lil, I'll vouch for you:-)

Atrisco Village

#262387 Oct 6, 2012
realkatie wrote:
<quoted text>
He is just a blithering name-caller the others take their cues from, Elise. I often imagine him sitting at the keyboard with spittle running down his chin and in need of a good shave, fresh clothes, and breath mints.
I dunno, lol. I support his right to pontificate.

Atrisco Village

#262388 Oct 6, 2012
lil Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
See now? Elise calls me that, and "bonehead" doesn't even compare. I don't use crude names to call them. I use silly names children call each other, thinking they aren't so immature they can handle being called pinhead etc. But apparently not, because I've been reported by someone for it. lol.
They call PLers crude and vile names and they think the words I use compare? I'm the big ole meanie because I call them bonehead, pinhead, pea brain etc. lol
She didn't lower herself to my level as she claims, because I've never stooped to the level she did and other PCers do.
Howdy, neighbor. How long have you lived down here?

Lol, don't get mad, just teasing you:-)

Atrisco Village

#262389 Oct 6, 2012
lil Lily wrote:
I've now been online 50 mins. Just saying, for the one who likes to claim PLers don't have lives, as though we're here "almost 15 hours straight".
Don't worry, Lil. I'll vouch for you.

“qui tacet consentire ”

Detroit

#262390 Oct 6, 2012
realkatie wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you need me to read it to you as well?
"The following functions, taken together, constitute the minimal number of basic integrative physiologic functions to support an inference of viability:
(1) Perfusion of tissues with adequate oxygen and prevention of increasing accumulation of carbon dioxide and/or lactic and other organic acids. This function consists of the following components:
(a) inflation of the lungs with oxygen,
(b) transfer of oxygen across the alveolar membranes into the circulation and elimination of carbon dioxide from the circulation into the expired
gas, and
(c) Cardiac contractions of sufficient strength and regularity to
distribute oxygenated blood to tissues and organs throughout the body, and to eliminate organic acids from those tissues and organs.
(2) Neurologic regulation of the components of the cardio-respiratory perfusion function, of the capacity to ingest nutrients, and of spontaneous and reflex muscle movements.
https://scholarworks.iupui.edu/bitstream/hand...
OK, so show case precedence where this definition has been accepted over Roe v Wade's definition. Understand that Roe v Wade set the point that a State could proscribe abortion, with extreme exceptions, at viability, it's definition of viability, that is all that is relevant to abortion law. I dont know why you refuse to admit this Katie, R v W made it a point to include what it's definition was and that definition has held, until another definition is accepted then the legal definition of "viable" includes "albeit with artifical aide".

BTW, that means that as advancements in medical technology are made then it would move up the point when a fetus may survive, "albeit with artificial aide", it will also move up the point at which a State can proscribe abortion, this is your real problem with this, isn't it? Well the, rather than deny what is obvious to everyone, including the courts, why not just admit that you do not agree with Roe v Wade?
tomtom

Phillipsburg, NJ

#262391 Oct 6, 2012
AyakaNeo wrote:
<quoted text>Rather than insult why don't you explain how what is in your body is not yours?
I am not converrsing with yo,u pagan. I am conversing with the bitter. She is a pagan proabort who pretends to be prolife.

She claims to be agaisnt abortion but supports the choice. She has never been able to be honest about her hypocrisy, so she ignores all attenmpts to have her explain herself.

Prolife means you donot supprt abortion, period. It offers no "fail-safe" position of supporting the "choce" but not the abortion.

Hypcrisy, that has been called out by all but the other pagans.
tomtom

Phillipsburg, NJ

#262392 Oct 6, 2012
_Bad Axe wrote:
<quoted text>I believe that would be you tomtom.
Oh looky, another proabort pagan. Time to play some of your Dungeons and Dragons, little boy. Adults are trying to save the unborn children from the abortionist.

“qui tacet consentire ”

Detroit

#262393 Oct 6, 2012
tomtom wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not converrsing with yo,u pagan. I am conversing with the bitter. She is a pagan proabort who pretends to be prolife.
She claims to be agaisnt abortion but supports the choice. She has never been able to be honest about her hypocrisy, so she ignores all attenmpts to have her explain herself.
Prolife means you donot supprt abortion, period. It offers no "fail-safe" position of supporting the "choce" but not the abortion.
Hypcrisy, that has been called out by all but the other pagans.
To support an other's right to their own decision does not equate to agreeing with that decision, simpleton. I support your right to free speech, but I still think you're an idiot for what you say, see how that works?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 10 min shinningelectr0n 1,220,102
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 20 min Toxins from Bottom 29,631
News Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 21 min Uncle Sam 238,073
What role do you think humans play in global wa... (Sep '14) 1 hr OzRitz 5,297
News Kecoughtan High teacher resigns after drug charges (Nov '07) 4 hr Yogurt Nads 82
Conor Clifford 7ft center to commit to Utah. Apr 19 UHB 1
News Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) Apr 16 ocean 201,862
More from around the web